Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? (3080 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Hot Amala / Fresh Ogbonor Soup To Day Break Ogbonor Soup Which Do You Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2007
Hi all,

Ramadan is knocking and I want to prepare a fantastic amala dish for my in-laws.

Any tips on what soup would best accompany amala? also which meat, fish type etc.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2007
Ewedu, no doubt
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 1:38am On Sep 12, 2007
EFO ELEGUSI WITH ENOUGH FISHES

GOD. THEY'L ENJOY D FAST tongue
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ssRhino: 2:35am On Sep 12, 2007
ogbonoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 6:06am On Sep 12, 2007
ogbono could irritate the stomach
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by omoge(f): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
ogbono good with hot eba cheesy

try Ewedu and stew with lots of atarodo for your Amala cheesy
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Phlota(f): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2007
gbegiri nd ewedu
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by CrazyMan(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2007
efo
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by trendy(f): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2007
Gbegirir
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2007
kai i hate gbegiri
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ssRhino: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2007
omoge, i hate spices.

maybe ewedu with nice stew but no hot stuff
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by omoge(f): 12:43am On Sep 13, 2007
atarodo in stew isn't spicy but hot grin make you sweat da da. i love mine with atarodo (not just any pepper)
but sha, it's for ogboju with 2 heads grin
for non ogbojus maybe half a rodo with 5 tomatoes
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ssRhino: 1:31am On Sep 13, 2007
i like my stew without pepper at all, just some tomatoes
i see pple after eating blowing air into their mouth, cos the tongue is like dying of hot pepper, i see that as punishment
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 4:24am On Sep 13, 2007
no pepper at all shocked
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by omoge(f): 12:39am On Sep 14, 2007
once you don gboka you don't need to blow air into your mouth  cheesy. I don't o. i can use 5 medium tomatoes and 3 medium rodo,  grin. i love pepper (only if it is rodo or manageably habernero). I learned eating pepper from a cameroonian girl  grin. we hardly eat pepper in my family.

there are pepper and there are pepper  grin cayenne or jalapeno i don't fancy. Just plain ol' beautiful Atarodo  grin. the scent alone in stew is tantalizing  grin

Poster, so which soup did you pick on for your Amala?  cool
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ssRhino: 1:09am On Sep 14, 2007
omoge, pepper is like commiting suiscide, i am an Ulcer patient, so i cant eat it.
But i love ogbonooooo
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by soldee: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2007
I just tried ogbonno with ugwu leaf. :oF-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C shocked

Just add small amount of ugwu to the ogbonno soup as it simmers, just before its well don. grin grin grin grin

Sluuuuuuuuurrrpppp!!!! tongue wink tongue wink tongue
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by yemmyfaith(f): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2007
Gbegiri with Ewedu mixed together with fresh fish
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by A40(m): 1:52am On Sep 16, 2007
Ogbono or Egusi
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2007
[quote link=topic=78295.msg1493654#msg1493654 date=1189726752]Poster, so which soup did you pick on for your Amala? cool
[quote][/quote]

na wetin me sef wan ask

abi d gal just start ramadan 4get the soup 4 fire ni?
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks all, I've actually made Amala three times now since Ramadan started!!!

My in-laws - who usually don't eat amala - were very impressed. Cleaned out their plates.

I've made it with:

1)white okro and agoyin stew

2)ogbonno and ugwu soup

3) ewedu and stew

Only that my hands are a bit tired from turning the amala. But its been well worth it.

THANKS NAIRALANDERS!!! Much appreciated!!  cheesy
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
is ramadan nt a season 2 share?

so, gie us our own too now tongue wink
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Bosdem(f): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2007
Ewedu & gbegiri
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by lateefah79: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2007
gBeGiRi ATI eWeDu,bit of iru(not everyone likes it)hand full uf crayfish of dried fish.(agbodo fish).
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ssRhino: 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2007
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Now i am hungry ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i need foooooddd oh.
Y'all are so wicked, how could u all be talking about food in a way that will make a man want to "cum" like this?
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by Mustay(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2007
egusi
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by biyibabe(f): 3:53am On Sep 24, 2008
Ewedu soup and Orisirisi meat like saki,edo,ponmo,roundabout and so.
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by ifyalways(f): 4:10am On Sep 24, 2008
biyibabe:

biyibabe:

you can say that again ! grin
If i must have amala,then its ewedu + orisisi,egunfe and anuff kpomo cool
Re: What's The Best Soup To Go With Hot Amala - Any Tips? by kenypumpin: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2008
ewedu or ila mixed with stew,as in the proper meat saki ,edo, ogunfe, burokoto, stock fish,all sort of assorted meat and i bet they will ask for more cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Chikki Instant Noodles New Sizes 70gram And 120gram / HEINZ Baked Beans / See The Meat A Nairalander Bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.