Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Airtel's Fraudulent Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's Fraudulent Plans (10283 Views)

Etisalat Is So Fraudulent!!! / MTN Fraudulent BBC Data Cap / Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Why on earth do this Airtel network like playing with people's emotions via fraudulent plans? They recently announced a new billing plan called CLUB 10. The prepaid subscribers were are asked to dial *101# TO MIGRATE, DIAL *101*2*0802# TO ADD 9 AIRTEL NOS TO THEIR CLUB, AND *101*5# TO CHECK THEIR LIST. The plan is a total mess! Details coming very soon. U can share ur own experience, meanwhile,
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by mjay(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
what exactly is the problem? cos am on it and av received the free 10mb of data for last week. I dont check my tariif always, but av not bn able to estb any fraud against the plan. You may want to let us know what your'e talking abt.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mjay: Are you working at Airtel? Well, lemme start with their so-called FREE 10MB weekly data. After the migration, i loaded my phone and i got a text 'YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN 10MB, VALID FOR 7 DAYS.' I hav not been able to open EVEN A PAGE ON THE NET since then, but last night when i checked, i had 9MB remaining. So when did i use the 1.0MB? I will tel u more of my experiences soon.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by aledu(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
I'am presently on the prepaid plan that afford me #18/per minute call tariff to every network, can i still retain this plan while i subscribe for the CLUB 10 package.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hahaha, Aledu, u wan chop the same plate of rice with spoon in both hands? E go choke u na, lol
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by Luckki1001(m): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
I concur with Cuteprinz.

The plan is a total fallacy. I have only been able to add one person since 3 days ago. They sent me a text, telling me that I have been credited with 10mb data, but till this point, I have been unable to open a page and my bundle has reduced to 9mb! sad "An error occured. Please try again later" is the message I kept receiving since 3 days ago. They should do something about it ASAP! angry
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by aledu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
@cutepriz how i for do now just trying to explore all my options lol
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
Luckki, God bless u. U saved my thumb, its already paining me, since aftrnoon iv been thinkin of how to type that out via my phone.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
Luckki, God bless u. U saved my thumb, its already paining me, since aftrnoon iv been thinkin of how to type that out via my phone.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by honsule(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Luckki1001:

I concur with Cuteprinz.

The plan is a total fallacy. I have only been able to add one person since 3 days ago. They sent me a text, telling me that I have been credited with 10mb data, but till this point, I have been unable to open a page and my bundle has reduced to 9mb! sad "An error occured. Please try again later" is the message I kept receiving since 3 days ago. They should do something about it ASAP! angry

same with me too.Just 1 contact added,this guyz are really funny grin grin grin angry angry angry sad sad sad sad
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
Honsule: Yes o. They are very funny.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2011
Again, your first minute call of the day is charged at N0.60K/Sec. EVEN IF U CALL (UR MEMBERS FIRST) I.E THE NUMBERS IN UR 'CLUB 10' LIST. Bt their advert said ''CALL UR CLUB 10 MEMBERS AT N0.10K PER SEC ANYTIME, ANYWHERE! ''
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by N101: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2011
Same problem with Club 10. Since signing up last week, still haven't been credited with the 10mb. All I hear from the various Customer Services agents is "be patient". The 10mb runs out soon.

This is indeed fraudulent; the ads are still running but the service to existing users is zero.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by geniusbami(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
This Airtel Club 10 may be a fraud afterall + their Customer Care Reps don't seem to understand the package!
I switched to it, added as many as 7 members n loaded N200. No MB! When I complained, d customer care guy kept repeating 4MB, only when I drummed it into his ears that he put me on hold. He returned n said ok, 10MB. He said I had 'some' data allowance on my line right now but they've since been deducting from my balance.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by temodent(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2011
Again, your first minute call of the day is
charged at N0.60K/Sec. EVEN IF U CALL (your
MEMBERS FIRST) I.E THE NUMBERS IN your
'CLUB 10' LIST. Bt their advert said ''CALL
your CLUB 10 MEMBERS AT N0.10K PER SEC
ANYTIME, ANYWHERE! ''
@Cuteprinz thanx u've helped resolved the doubt or rather the confusion I was having about the so called club 10.
The issue is not jumping at all these new packages sometimes they are out to neutralize an existing favourable package i'm on a package that allows me call a number zain @ 10kps all day so when this club 10 came out i took time to study it and discovered hidden the 60kps for the first minutee even to the club members so I had to beat a retreat. We all need to be more carefull about all these new promos.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by zsch: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
The plan is unreliable. The prob is not just only the one no i've been able to reg (just 1 outta 9) tge prob's the sms. Its adbertosed at N1/sms to airtel no on the 'team' why did they suddenly start chargin me N3 to the only bloody no they allowed me reg. Airtel has fallen from d no 2 network (yep, they never made it to d no1 spot) to obscurity. U guys suck airtel
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by cuteprinz(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2011
Stupid network
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by N101: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
FINALLY got the 10gb data, but am I the only one having problems getting through to their Customer Service line? I

It seems to have gotten progressively worse. I selected an option on the 141 number only to be told "you have selected an invalid option", but the option is actually there!
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by timbros(m): 1:32am On Nov 05, 2011
Thats why i'll always cherish my GLO! #15/min to ALL network + #1.20/min to one special number!

Glo rocks!
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by Emeka72(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
I am still on Valu-max; I refused 2 migr8 to any other package because of d 5 free weekly texts.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by base11(f): 12:33am On Nov 11, 2011
You guys should have been familiar with airtel by now. If they are not stealing your credit, they are taking 1MB from your 10MB when you subscribe, the customer service people have also been trained to lie and give false records when they tell you they are checking your records on their screen. Its an Indian company and trust me the Indians are known to be cunning wherever they are in the world especially in business. That is why they are hardly given jobs in Nigeria. I really wonder how long they would continue like this.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 11, 2011
I regret that i forced my wife to it because i thought it was the best but after the migration, i am regretting. I have dumped my sim at home for etibaba and will never recharge it again. Never! She was paying 18k/s without access charge on joli padi before. When airtel came, they started desturbing us for more than 4 months sending up to 20 sms/day that we are still paying higher. I finally gave up for them. Now it was a real fraud. The worst thing is that they will not give u code to opt out. Or have u seen unsuscribe code?
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by N101: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
base 1:

You guys should have been familiar with airtel by now. If they are not stealing your credit, they are taking 1MB from your 10MB when you subscribe, the customer service people have also been trained to lie and give false records when they tell you they are checking your records on their screen. Its an Indian company and trust me the Indians are known to be cunning wherever they are in the world especially in business. That is why they are hardly given jobs in Nigeria. I really wonder how long they would continue like this.

The disturbing fact is that if you do a search on Google, you will find many of our complaints are identical to Indian users. The BIG difference is that there is some consumer protection there, in Nigeria we have nothing.

If the take our credit and are wrong, they will not refund us.
If they deceive us with a tarriff, there is no one to report them to (even if you did, the NCC would do nothing).
They will say they offer certain services, when you go to the centre, it doesn't exist.

Mobile phone users in Nigeria exist to make a profit for the company, but with no form of compensation when the network gets it wrong.

I'm convinced that the Customer Care Agents have a script. Say something off-script and they're totally confused! I've heard that they've been having problems with certain aspects of their services but, as you've said, they will simply lie to the customer. They will either (a) blame the customer for not knowing how to use the service (b) say there isn't a problem with the service when there is (c) ask for "patience" and can't give you a timescale when it willbe resolved.

I would change networks if I felt it would make a difference, but it seems they're all the same.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by U1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
They're among those fleecing us in the country. They promised me 60% recharge bonus couple of weeks back and got nothing. I loaded N200 on the Club 10 plan about an hour ago and I've not received the promised 10mb data allowance; from experience, Etisalat is better in this regard. They just keep annoying a brother. What a country!
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by xJaysonx(m): 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
The best plan from airtel thus far is 2good. Ill advise you use that plan! N12 per minute to all networks after a N36 for the first minute of any call. Have been enjoying it.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by 4peace(m): 6:09am On Feb 05, 2012
I think you guys should stop acting like people that were not literate
go here
www.ng.airtel.com/Personal/AirtelClub10.aspx
and see for self.
Also if 1kb is removed from 1mb do you still think it will remained 1mb nope it will show you 1023kb.
So for 10mb do the math and use
*123*10# (will show detail data balance)
*141*712*0#(will summarized mb,gb).
So always read terms and conditions
also listen well.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by chucky234(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
I pumped into this thread and decided to take my time to read all the complaints.
You guys like awuff too much,I have been on Airtel network for 9 years but never really pay attention to promos.
I have used MTN,Glo and Etisalat but none beat Airtel,those Indians are no doubt miscreants but the network is still the most customer friendly among them.

On each promos they always say Terms and Conditions apply but many of us only look at the 10MB they will get and begin to Migrate,do your on work well with terms and conditions before on a new bus called promo.
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by kenjohnxx: 2:40am On Mar 17, 2012
I am not very rich person at the moment, I heard about airtel club 10 and the written words were so attractive to me because I think I could reach my most dialled numbers easily without payint more, not knowing I was digging my own grave, I use a BB phone and a day to my BIS expiry, club 10 gave me 10MB free and I had 500#  my phone, I though I was using free mb and when I checked my account balance I met #90 and I was very mad I bought another #100, I dialled *446# and they removed the #100 and sent me a message that I have migrated to 2good, now I load card of #1400 for my BIS and I tried the bis code for subscription now they say I can't migate when I have a service active on another data plan....abeg na which data plan, as we dey talk now dem don remove 268 naira and I no get any money to subscribe, they are still removing my money, I think am done with this Zain line...I better go for MTN
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by kenjohnxx: 2:48am On Mar 17, 2012
4bobo: I regret that i forced my wife to it because i thought it was the best but after the migration, i am regretting. I have dumped my sim at home for etibaba and will never recharge it again. Never! She was paying 18k/s without access charge on joli padi before. When airtel came, they started desturbing us for more than 4 months sending up to 20 sms/day that we are still paying higher. I finally gave up for them. Now it was a real fraud. The worst thing is that they will not give u code to opt out. Or have u seen unsuscribe code?

I don find opt out codE tire ooooo, can't find o, am switching off my phone now cos each time I switch , they remove my credit...
Re: Airtel's Fraudulent Plans by tundayluv: 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
my sis. Bought a new airtel sim, she was given 10mb for free 10mb trial pack; she got a msg dat d mb will xpire ie a week tym. She loaded #200, she got frm 10mb. Three days later she got another 10mb free n all d mb to xpire within a wk. A day to d xpiry date, airtel clear all d remainin mb n her #200. Airtel z crazy

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Keyone Specs & Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) / Price Of iPhone 6 In Zimbabwean Dollars? $3,552,500,000,000,000,000,000 / Improved 3G Speed With Your Airtel 2G Data (confirmed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.