Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Memories Of Your First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Memories Of Your First Car (6818 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memories Of Your First Car by fizzybaba(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
my first car ever

fond memories, Accord 1986 model.

It was old yet i was fond of it.

it gave me problems at a point and had to sell it off. Some people wouldnt sell their first car. They have it in their garage

what memories do u have of your first car? do u still have it?
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by r231(m): 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mine was an A Reg MG Metro Turbo (Red)

put one on my weight lifting friend in it one day and the car refused to move

so I left it on the road grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by femmy2010(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mine was a 1989 Golf 2.
It does not consume fuel at all.
If all vehicles where like that,Bleep SUBSIDY i do say.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by fizzybaba(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
@fhemmy

did u leave urs on the road too?
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by femmy2010(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
fizzybaba:

@fhemmy

I never did.Lol
She was my Gf then and wont be wise to leave her on the road.Lol
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by calculusx(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
My First Car is still up and running and after 8yrs of usage, im putting it up for sale on NL this week. Well maintained and served so many people.

Lucky Buyer should get ready
grin grin grin

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by r231(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
fizzybaba:

@fhemmy

That was bck in 95

I can't even count how many cars i have driven till date but i thank God grin
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by mitofag: 4:31am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was a leggedez benz and I still use it till now, never breaks down, no insurance, never complains, not too expensive to maintain,and kept diabetes away.

5 Likes

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 05, 2012
It was a kia picanto.At top speed,the car will be like a paper and you are at a risk of being harassed by bigger cars.though I enjoyed the Ac in it sha. cheesy
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kandiikane(m): 4:51am On Jul 05, 2012
Come december and I will tell you about my first car. tongue
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Akaraiwe(m): 4:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Oh my Nissan Sunny hatchback '93!.
You were a 4th hand car,I paid for you in 6 installments,in fact I am still owing Mr Lawrence some money,lol.
I changed virtually everything in that car excluding the chassis. Fuel consumption was next to nothing.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by FlyboyZee: 5:06am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was a 2003 Honda Accord EX. Enjoyed it more than any babe I had at that time. I used it for just over a year and sold it at a great profit. I still love, admire and misses that car anytime I come across any on the road.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Coolturbo(m): 5:06am On Jul 05, 2012
Honda accord 2007 model, got it Dec 2008,
Still cruising it around,sweet car.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Dansadaumallam(m): 5:11am On Jul 05, 2012
Please wait till august ending and you will get the feelings of a first -time car owner.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 05, 2012
1998 toyota solara, bought for dirt cheap second hand. nice chic-mobile grin sold it when maintenance was getting more expensive than the total cost of the car. lasted 3 yrs.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by obiyor2000: 5:45am On Jul 05, 2012
My was honda halla i bought it 2hand. It was good than but after awil it developed problem, from gear box to supension. I was also about to change the engin. Before it was stolen 4m were i parked it.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by obiyor2000: 5:47am On Jul 05, 2012
My was honda halla i bought it 2hand. It was good than but after awil it developed problem, from gear box to supension. I was also about to change the engin. Before it was stolen 4m were i parked it last year. I only used it 4 a year
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Lakayana: 5:57am On Jul 05, 2012
Even people wen no fit buy tire go dey talk about their 10th car as everybody dey talk i no blame anyone my 1st car na jaguar abi na elephant?

2 Likes

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2012
I loved it, it was a very nice looking car.

It had so much more downs than ups. . . .and we had the best trips to the mechanics.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by swiftycool(m): 6:21am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was a peugot 406, very cute and efficient. I got it at next to nothing from my cousin when I first got to Aberdeen but rarely used it due to parking costs where it was most needed, since bus services for me then as a student were very efficient and cheap. I tried selling it on gumtree and ebay after a year to reduce my expenses on road tax, insurance and mot but coulnt get a buyer till all got expired. And since we didn't have a garrage in the house and I couldn't find anyone to dash, I had to give it up to a lowbed guy taking it to a scrap yard for a measely £70.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by gulfer: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2012
swiftycool: Mine was a peugot 406, very cute and efficient. I got it at next to nothing from my cousin when I first got to Aberdeen but rarely used it due to parking costs where it was most needed, since bus services for me then as a student were very efficient and cheap. I tried selling it on gumtree and ebay after a year to reduce my expenses on road tax, insurance and mot but coulnt get a buyer till all got expired. And since we didn't have a garrage in the house and I couldn't find anyone to dash, I had to give it up to a lowbed guy taking it to a scrap yard for a measely £70.
Next time you have a car to sell place it on NL and you'll get value for money. Anyways, my fisrt car is a SUV and I still use it.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 05, 2012
Honda Civic 2004 model. Used it for 2 years and gave it out for a token to get Honda Accord EOD 2004.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by spikesC(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2012
hmmmm, my first car is a honda accord 1990 model aka honda halla. Mine is an american spec and a front wheel drive, most new cars can't even compete with it on the high way. Still using it now but will get a new one soon. The car no be moi moi, highly maintainable and durable, fuel consumption is very ok. The main problems i am having with it is the front wheels.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nezan(m): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was a Datsun Laurel. Fuel consumption was very high and I bought it 3rd hand. I parked it when I bought my second car. I have changed up to 4 cars now but that Datsun Laurel is safely parked as a monument.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by baaliyah(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2012
mine is Golf 2. used for 6 years and stll good. I sold it the exact amount i bought it. (1986 SYNCRO)
I miss the car. It was a 4 wheel drive, 75 litre tank. My full tank took me to Akure back to Abuja without refuelling, 840km
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by donugapi(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2012
Nezan: My first car was a Datsun Laurel. Fuel consumption was very high and I bought it 3rd hand. I parked it when I bought my second car. I have changed up to 4 cars now but that Datsun Laurel is safely parked as a monument.
Hahaha That was my father's second car...

I own a 2012 Passat.. It's my First car. Sweetness!!
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by TheMatrix3: 7:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was a BMW 5series to baadt gaaan cool
twas a 1994 model. Took me community effort to buy it. later gave it away wen i got a new one wink
Most memorable moment: when the thing Kaput for go-slow on my first day to my new job #shame face
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Sacarstic: 8:01am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was a golf 3,the car almost gave me stroke,bought it at Berger Apapa year 2007 but due to inexperience i got a bad one. One problem today,tomorrow another problem etc. Always stopping on the road for one reason or another,i woke up one morning and decided to sell it off.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by meetgaya: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2012
mitofag: My first car was a leggedez benz and I still use it till now, never breaks down, no insurance, never complains, not too expensive to maintain,and kept diabetes away.
may God upgrade u to real benz
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Milikiman: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2012
oh my nissan primera saloon 94model 1.6l cheap to maintain got it in 2008 and run xelent til now and it now a broda 02 pathfinder.dey always perfom
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by ladyju(f): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2012
Mercedes 190. I got it 2003. I drove it for 2 years. D overheating na story for another day. I drove it for 2 yrs.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was a 1989 jetta manufactured in Germany. The car uses the same engine as golf 2. Very strong and I never spent more than 1500(changing clutch disc) on the car for the 3years I drove it. Super fuel efficient and very good for off-road aslong as long as the road is not flooded or marshy.

Despite its age, was thrilled that it always felt solid on the ground with great handling and no rattling like Japanese cars. I dashed my relative and he totaled the car on Lagos ibadan express way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / Honda Civic 2010 / Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.