Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users (3769 Views)

Airtel To Make 60 Nigerians Millionaires / Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja / Anti-Add Android Campaign By Blackberry Users? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by prettyG: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
The telecoms giant moves to placate subscribers following the three-day service glitch that disrupted RIM’s operations.
Article | October 17, 2011 - 5:00pm | By Richard Essien

Telecoms giant, Airtel, on Monday, stated that it would offer its BlackBerry customers a service waiver following last week’s global outage attributed to the service provider, Research in Motion (RIM).
RIM has now restored data services to its BlackBerry devices; following a three-day outage caused by a hardware error which halted messaging and Web browsing across many parts of the world. The disruptions began in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India early in the week and later spread to North America.
Rajan Swaroop, the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Airtel Nigeria, said the company would compensate subscribers on their network, but failed to give specifics. “We remain concerned about the inconvenience this has caused to all our BlackBerry users earlier this week and we would like to compensate both our pre paid and post paid customers for the inconvenience as best we can,” he said.

Source.
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
You don't need to, Nobody uses Airtel for their BIS anyway undecided
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ijogz K:

Lol. Come on, this ur joke is expensive.
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ijogz K:

You don't need to,  Nobody uses Airtel for their BIS anyway  undecided

probably cos there is no airtel network in your village.

@OP, what sort of compensation are they offering?
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by ImaIma1(f): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
i do i do.when i got my bb, i tried mtn and airtel and decided to stick 2 airtel cos based on my usage of both, airtel network ws better.mtn used 2 hang a lot jo, so whts d benefit
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by highland(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2011
good though
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
2sleek2NV:

probably cos there is no airtel network in your village.

@OP, what sort of compensation are they offering?
If Ikoyi is a Village, U might be right for once, At least am impressed that you are not totally daft,
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2011
How much is the waiver worth exactly cos RIM is offering $100 to her affected subscribers as compensation.
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by cupid4ig(m): 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
trust me airtel bis is better than mtn just that mtn service is almost everywhere. if u notice mtn bis does not open all applications on ur phone including opera mini, snaptu, 2go and the rest once u open this apps they will be deducting ur money. but airtel will open everything as long as ur bis is active. airtel should just try and improve on their network coverage and services
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by alex406(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2011
cupid4ig:

trust me airtel bis is better than mtn just that mtn service is almost everywhere. if u notice mtn bis does not open all applications on your phone including opera mini, snaptu, 2go and the rest once u open this apps they will be deducting your money. but airtel will open everything as long as your bis is active. airtel should just try and improve on their network coverage and services

Well spoken,thought i am the only one witnessing this issue.
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
donspony:

How much is the waiver worth exactly cos RIM is offering $100 to her affected subscribers as compensation.

almst dsame wit d negotiated *minimum wage*

datz enuf 4 6 months bis. . . Plz i*d like mine in my account jwor. . . If u re right sha. . sad
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by miichael85: 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
since early hours of today there have been no airtel service in Lagos, not more of compensation. sucks!!!!
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by cupid4ig(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
miichael85:

since early hours of today there have been no airtel service in Lagos, not more of compensation. sucks!!!!

thats not true my airtel has been on in my nokia phone and i even browse with it. and it is still on as am typing this now
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by DisGuy: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
They might just be trying to pass off the RIM compensation as their own grin
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by cynthiafred67(f): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2011
Ijogz K:

Says who? Me I do and it is much faster and beta dan mtn joor
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by oc2fish: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2011
My airtel is good and reliable. their calls are cheap.
Re: Airtel To Compensate Blackberry Users by cupid4ig(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2011
D
[/quote][quote author=cynthiafred67 link=topic=783799.msg9371449#msg9371449 date=1319011801]
Says who? Me I do and it is much faster and beta dan mtn joor
abeg help me tell them

(1) (Reply)

MTN Valentine Data Offer / Gionee Service Center / Gionee X1 Comes With 4G, Fingerprint And Dual Flash At Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.