Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack (10146 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / Nigerian Films Are Now Becoming What You Can't Watch With Your Family These Days / What Nollywood Films Are Known For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Migines(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2007
Wat can i say guyz? VIVA NOLLYWOOD
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by londoner: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2007
I'm still wondering how someone has really seen 80% of Nollywood films. shocked

Nollywood is still at infancy stage, why do we expect it to be already running with the likes of Hollywood and Bollywood? All we need is technical expertise, experienced writers and lots of training. They are doing quite well with what they have though. Even though they need to improve greatly.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by waltbanger: 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2007
Look at for the film called 'HALF EMPTY, HALF FULL' - It's not your typical Nollywood film. It's more like a funky nolly flick. It’s a very serious comedy. It's unlike any film made in Naija. It's a little like Spike Lee’s ‘Do the right thing’ the whole film takes place in one day. The film basically pokes fun at us Nigerians and the way we see our country, the film follows a day in the life of petrol station during a period of fuel scarcity. It's also got a cool hip hop soundtrack. The Sunday vanguard just did an article on it.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
yeah, right!

not a chance; not gon' mess with the little IQ I gat by watching that
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Mustay(m): 8:37am On Nov 25, 2007
make una make ur nollywood better now abi y is every Naija so good at criticizing sad sad sad sad

THIS THREAD SHOULDA PROFFER SOLUTIONS
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Emad(f): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
80%? since when? the last time i checked it was 99%

hummmm there must have been some improvement lately
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2007
@ mustay, we are not in the proffession, they are. they know what 2 do. why should offer solution. did we do that for the music industry? see how they are making it difficult to listen away 4rm naija music.

it is either the wake up to proffessionalism or remain as clowns in the business.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Emad(f): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2007
Cabali thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
u're welcome honey!!!!
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Mustay(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2007
cabali don't forget they are the producers, u are the consumers.

Production is to cater for the satisfaction of the end-users. I f they don't know what u want, they'll keep on doin' shit! REMEMBER the time 9jas used to complain 'bout the witchcraft thingy in movies?

If it was 99%, i guess mma won't be showing over 80% of nolly films and nolly stars won't be hailed like superstars anytime they travel abroad.

the problem is- we shouldn't aim to be like HOLLy!

they have their own style, indians have their style and we too!

Concerning the musix scene, don't 4get that alot of 9jas complained about COPYCAtting us music.

remeber ayangba gals? the 9ja version of busta's dangerous?

these days what u find are 9ja content in the music.

FACT: presently, there is hardly any nigerian song that makes success without any content of IGBO< YORUBA<HAUSA< PIDGIN in there. they've all stopped the faking american accent and being original is what matters
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2007
Are u trying to say that because they have local contents they can feed me with garbage using a camcoder as their major equipment? Are u saying that I need to tell them what a good movie is??

The indians have their style and the have great story lines and great cinematography to go with it. These clowns just come together to make a movie of 3 hrs in 5 days? and they need me to tell them they have to be better with their story lines?? Dont they watch movies to know what is right? Because they are only concerned with money, their movies lack

good story lines
Scripting
cinematography
good sound
soundtrack

and then some, Do they need me to tell them that all this should be right? come on mustay!!!
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Mustay(m): 12:46am On Dec 02, 2007
u thesenaijas . . .una sabi complain. tongue

no wonder ALL THE LETTERS WEY DEY ALWAS ON NEWSPAPERS full of complaints tongue

se na them dey buy film?

no ignore that side.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 6:40am On Dec 04, 2007
lol. don't cover up mustay. I have nerver bought a nigerian movie ever. u talk abt complains. do u hear me complain abt the music in naija? do u know why? cos it is growing and great as it is.

so why don't u tell ur home video brothers to improve? anyone that still surports them at this stage and tell me they are doing great needs head check.

they are just pathetic, once again 90%
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by davidif: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2007
naija movies are just absolutely unwatchable and wack. Poor quality of sound, pathetic acting (why do they always overdramatize or wanna sound like americans), in addition to that, there is absolutely no editing, plus the scripts are awful, and don't even get me started on the directing. As patriotic as i am, i've tried to watch some of them but i just get irritated after watching like 5 minutes, then i have to switch it off, even if the actresses are hot like chiegwe (or whatever her name is) after a while i just have to eject it.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by cabali(m): 9:14am On Dec 06, 2007
I am with u on that. The over dramitization, the shouting and all? just can't take it. besides there doesn't exist a script meanwhile.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Mustay(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2007
wink wink

cabali, i no HEAR u complain o shocked grin grin
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by lazrin(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2007
[b]I STRONGLY DISAGRRE WITH THE CONTENTION THAT 80 % OF NAIJA FILMS ARE WACK. I THINK IT'S MUCH CLOSER TO 99%. IN FACT THE ONLY NAIJA FILMS WEY I SEE WEY MAKE SENSE NA THINGS FALL APART AND TWINS OF THE RAIN FOREST ( AND I'M SURU U GYS AND BABES AGREE).

THE PROBLEM WITH US NAIJA WRITERS AND FILMMAKERS BE SAY WE DEY ALWAYS TRY COPY WETIN WE DEY SEE FOR YONDER. AMERICAN FILMS DEEPLY REFLECT THE AMERICAN CULTURE. INDIAN FILMS DO THE SAME. BRINGING IN A FOREIGN CULTURE AND TRYING TO RECREATE IT WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF NIGERIA WILL MAKE THE FILM LOOK STILTED, CONTRIVED, AND BASICALLY ANNOYING.

CHECK OUT THINGS FALL APART FOR EXAMPLE. THE FILM WAS SET IN A VERY BASIC AFRICAN SETTING, WITHOUT THE NORMAL AFFLUENCE AND WEALTH NOW COMMON IN HOME VIDEOS. HOW DO U THINK THE FILM WD HAVE PLAYED OUT IF AMERICANS HAD TRIED TO RECREATE IT WITHOUT A BASIC UNDER STANDING OF THE AFRICAN CULTURE??

I THINK WE NEED TO LOOK INWARD AND BE PROUD OF OUR HERITAGE, EACH AFRICAN OR NIGERIAN VILLAGE HAS ITS OWN STORY, CUSTOMS AND TRADITION THAT WE CAN MINE FOR IDEAS TO EXPLOIT, RATHER THAN SPENDING MILLIONS TRYING TO RECREATE ACTION SCENES OR REACTING FETISH BEHAVIOURS THAT DO NOT QUITE CAPTURE OUR CULTURAL ESSENCE, WE CAN SPEND MUCH LESS CREATING STORIES AND IDEAS THAT PROMOTE OUR HERITAGE. LETS TAKE THIGS FALL APART AS A PRECEDENT.
WORD.[/b]
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by krisbobo(m): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2007
AMAKA IGWE STUDIOS
And
Centre For Excellence in Film and Media Studies

Present

(DIRECTING 101)

Course Description

This is an intensive practical workshop for young directors or anyone who interested in directing. It is also designed for those who have experience in live theatre and want to move on to directing for screen.

Course Content
• What is Directing?
• Who is a Director?
• The Art of Script Appreciation
• Directing Talent
• Casting
• Understanding the Audience
• Directing Feature films
• Directing TV Soaps
• Style and Substance
• Film show and Practical analysis
• Shots and Shot Making
• Camera Placement

Format
The workshop will include discussions and personal experiences from core professional in an all-inclusive style.

The workshop requires commitment from participants as it will run for 35 hours from Monday to Friday.

Participants will be given a certificate at the end of the workshop.

Experience in directing is not a prerequisite for admission. However, participants are expected to have at least a first degree or its equivalent.

This workshop is open to a maximum of 50 participants on first-come-first-served basis.

Workshop fee is N10, 000 only

Lunch will be served.

Workshop will run from 9am to 4pm everyday from 7th to 11thJanuary, 2008.

For more enquiries call 07028178824. E-mail centfilms@yahoo.com
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2009
is it just me or has anyone else noticed how bad they dance?
GOSH!! anytime its a party or club scene, no one knows how to dance.
everything seems overly fake. women smoking and drinking while dance.
on top of that they wear the trashiest clothes and no one knows how to dance!!
lol
this one nollywood movie im watching right now made me bust out laughing!!! OH GOSH, THESE PEOPLE!
but the movie is kinda old anyway.
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by mamagee3(f): 12:52am On Nov 29, 2009
90% are Wack!!! tongue
Re: 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack by Spuggie: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Fast forward to 2020, 80% of Nigerian movies are still wack

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tstv Is Working Very Well With Strong Decoder. / The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry / Top 10 Best Vampires Ever (my Favourites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.