Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (34027 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
side

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by baba11(m): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Congrats.....
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by calculusx(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
ugochukwu360: Brös u rili try, no be small self discipline u tk embark on this project, in this time of brazilian hair, all kinds of shows nd events filled wit fake fwends nd fake women who are roaming abt lyk hungry lions løoking 4 young men to render broke.

grin grin ;Dvery funny but true grin grin. The journey of a thousand miles begin with a step, most of your spendings {from foundation to roof} coincide with mine. Congrats bro, ile atura

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
SURAJU OMO OFFAAAAAAA..... grin grin grin grin grin

This is PLATO, We served together in SOKOTO... cool cool
I remember when We used to battle with Mosquitoes at MCAN LODGED In 2007 @ Shehu Gumi Area wink wink wink

OMO...Owere ti de ooooOO, Im soooo Happy For You cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I still get Landlord Sha sad embarassed embarassed

MAKE GOD ANSWER ME TOO QUICK FAAAA
smiley smiley smiley
. Ore, booni. Thanks. The race is not necessarily for the swifter. E goi better for us insha Allaah.

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by mrkels(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Holy shit man, this is truly inspirational. But did I see clearly when you said 200k per year afta nysc? Or per month
Ah!!!
Some peeps get more than that in a month and can't still boast of even having it in mind to get a land. Maybe its the area where I live sha or the kind of human beings that I mingle with, maybe its the beer or the women, but one thing is clear, from this day foward, I refuse to be part of the useless population that spend all the money they make on things that do not add value to life.

Men, I so wish I could have this, but it would require a lot of sacrifice. Question is , am I ready ? I guess only me can answer that question!

5 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 26, 2013
[[ 200k per month actually, my error f

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 26, 2013
Very informative post . Jarus Congrats like someone said earlier,in this time of Brazilian hair.. shocked i believe God is on your side.It is only a wise man that would build a house it is not easy. ki oluwa ki o ko ile alayo fun gbogbo wa oo

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by NaLaugh: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2013
mrkels: Holy shit man, this is truly inspirational. But did I see clearly when you said 200k per year afta nysc? Or per month
Ah!!!
Some peeps get more than that in a month and can't still boast of even having it in mind to get a land. Maybe its the area where I live sha or the kind of human beings that I mingle with, maybe its the beer or the women, but one thing is clear, from this day foward, I refuse to be part of the useless population that spend all the money they make on things that do not add value to life.

Men, I so wish I could have this, but it would require a lot of sacrifice. Question is , am I ready ? I guess only me can answer that question!

True.

4 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by anonimi: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jarus:

Sanitary materials (WC, cubicle, kitchen, toilet stuff etc) - bought in Lagos 250k, transported via train to Kwara 15k

The above is worth highlighting for those who might have missed this little testimony of the ongoing revival & transformation of the railways and the increased possibilities therefrom.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
anonimi:

The above is worth highlighting for those who might have missed this little testimony of the ongoing revival & transformation of the railways and the increased possibilities therefrom.
. Agreed. Road transporters told me to bring 70k to transport the materials, the economist in me opted for railway at 15k , although some of the items got damaged before reaching destination. . some of they brokke m

4 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by anonimi: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jarus: . Agreed. Road transporters told me to bring 70k to transport the materials, the economist in me opted for railway at 15k , although some of the items got damaged before reaching destination. . some of they brokke m

I bin think sey na only me dey do that kind continuous analysis of almost everything from a rational, economic perspective shocked
Good to know I am not alone grin grin
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by shuddyy: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Jarus: Dining area....before lighting (that's the latest pic I have on my phone).

@jarus first of all congrats. However that your dinner area is a replica of what I have in my own house in offa. I suspect the same architect designed for you and I. From the arc to the window and the POP design. Incredible!
My house project was completed 2010.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 27, 2013
shuddyy:

@jarus first of all congrats. However that your dinner area is a replica of what I have in my own house in offa. I suspect the same architect designed for you and I. From the arc to the window and the POP design. Incredible!
My house project was completed 2010.
Not impossible.....is he Architect D.B?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by uhuns: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Jarus:

I can't isolate those, but I know I have spent 10m plus, (cost of land inclusive).

The BQ isn't completed. I only rushed teh main building to be able to do sallah there.

But let me try:

Land - 200k for 2.5 plots bought in 2009(now going for 350k per plot today )
Foundation - 1m (the architect said it's German floor, and very high)
BQ (2 twin self-contains, with big sitting room) - now up to lintel level, but uncompleted - 2m
Main building (blocks, plastering, labour etc) - 2m
Roofing of main building - 1m (350k for woodwork, 620k for aluminium)
Fencing (plus shop and gatehouse) - not yet plastered - 700k
Sanitary materials (WC, cubicle, kitchen, toilet stuff etc) - bought in Lagos 250k, transported via train to Kwara 15k
Plumbering - 100k
Tiles - 500k
POP - 250k
Electrical works and materials, wiring materials plus work etc - about 450k
Gate - 100k
Painting - 200k
Plus other costs I can't remember (I didn't keep records).

I didn't keep records, but I know I have sent more than 10m to the supervisor since inception.

Gud records.
from your estimated records. I will put the cost of the main house only at 9m.
given the picture you have shown using my trained police eyes I can say that the floor area is coral 100m2.
then the cost of your house is about 90k per square meter.
this is commendebly assuming that all things are equal

a big koudos to your efforts, may the pride and joy you have given your mother be given you by your kids.

and that boy that want to change his x5 to x6, may your eyes regain sight to see what the lord can do,as to be a living testimony to gods goodness.

4 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by uhuns: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Jarus:

I can't isolate those, but I know I have spent 10m plus, (cost of land inclusive).

The BQ isn't completed. I only rushed teh main building to be able to do sallah there.

But let me try:

BQ (2 twin self-contains, with big sitting room) - now up to lintel level, but uncompleted - 2m
Plumbering - 100k
Tiles - 500k
POP - 250k
Gate - 100k
Painting - 200k

I didn't keep records, but I know I have sent more than 10m to the supervisor since inception.

Gud records.
from your estimated records. I will put the cost of the main house only at 9m.
given the picture you have shown using my trained police eyes I can say that the floor area is coral 100m2.
then the cost of your house is about 90k per square meter.
this is commendebly assuming that all things are equal

a big koudos to your efforts, may the pride and joy you have given your mother be given you by your kids.

and that boy that want to change his x5 to x6, may your eyes regain sight to see what the lord can do,as to be a living testimony to gods goodness.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by cecegorz(m): 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Congrats Jarus. This is so inspiring!
I am laughing at the price of land at your villa @200k.
Wish i can buy 10 plots and transfer to mine. grin
Cheapest plot in my villa now is around 2m, and that is even if you can find.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2013
Congrats mehn. Even though I'm still a student, this is so inspiring, and just makes one realize that most all the "social-lagos craze" is foolishness.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Don1Dee(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2013
How many plots of land is this,@Jarus?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Don1Dee: How many plots of land is this,@Jarus?
A little more than 2.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 29, 2013
@Jarus, Pls can u estimate the labour cost and the architects cost too
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by 2busy: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Jarus:

But let me try:

Plumbering - 100k
Tiles - 500k
POP - 250k
Gate - 100k
Painting - 200k

@Jarus,
please which part/area of Ilorin is this? Can I still get a plot for 350k?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2013
Congratulations Jarus your house is beautiful, this shows that discipline truly pays. smiley
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by emma2002(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Beautiful..
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by spyroxy1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
ffg
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jarus:

A little more than 2.
Hi Jarus, I would love to see a recent picture of your house, it shud be complete by now.
Like I stated sometimes ago on this thread, the house I designed for my mom when I was still in OAU is like 60% complete now, we bless God, the aluminum guy has come for his measurements and costing + transportation.
total cost is 400k, he initially charged 570k buh after several negotiations, price was beat down.
Woodwork + workmanship is around 250k
the ceiling nogging is being done right now as seen in the picture cos the aluminum guy is on his way to come install the roofing.

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
jimmy4x:

Hi Jarus, I would love to see a recent picture of your house, it shud be complete by now.
Like I stated sometimes ago on this thread, the house I designed for my mom when I was still in OAU is like 60% complete now, we bless God, the aluminum guy has come for his measurements and costing + transportation.
total cost is 400k, he initially charged 570k buh after several negotiations, price was beat down.
Woodwork + workmanship is around 250k
the ceiling nogging is being done right now as seen in the picture cos the aluminum guy is on his way to come install the roofing.

Congrats.

For the main building (which I did in 2012), woodwork plus workmanship was 350k, and aluminium plus workmanship 620k, making the total cost of roofing to be 970k

For the BQ plus gatehouse plus shop which I did few weeks ago, woodwork plus workmanship was 230k, and aluminium plus workmanship 470k, making the total cost of roofing to be 700k.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 06, 2015
Jarus:
Building A House - My Experience

I have decided to open this thread to share my experience on my current project in Kwara, perhaps all of us, both home owners and prospective landlords, can learn one or two things and exchange ideas.

Project: A 3-bedroom flat, plus 2 room+parlour BQs. Later, by God's grace, to build mosque in the compound and shops adjoining the fence.
Location & Purpose: Kwara state; to serve as my countryhome, and follow family tradition of building first house in our village.
Size: 2 1/4 plots.
Initial plan: To do a modest 3 bedroom flat with no more than 2.5 -3m! But I find myself, most times on advice of parent and supervisor(an architect), tinkering with the initial plan many times, including BQs, reshaping  the plan and costs flying up!

In subsequent posts, I will share pictures of the different stages, costs and share key lessons I realized.

Shops: Most excellent idea. If you construct the shops to your taste, have a rental agreement that clearly specifies the allowed tenants performance and what merchandise can be sold, hours of operation,etc then I foresee n issues. I plan on doing similar.

Plans: I am intricately aware that changing plans during construction trickles down to other things and construction costs go out of control. I am being deliberate and taking time to perfect my drawing and will have a plan that will not change during construction to save cost.

Congratulations on finishing this and then moving onto another one.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by aishaquest(f): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
I followed this link from your current project. This is a lovely home. This one seems larger than your Lagos project, or is that just because it is not finished? Thanks for sharing. I find construction journals interesting. I would have liked to have seen a journal on the decorating of the inside, or is that too personal? If not, maybe you can do it with the current one? This whole process is fascinating to me, from beginning to end.

Also, I'm curious about the BBQ. Can you show a pic of this one or perhaps the one from your current project when finished? I'm wondering if it is the same as BBQs here in the US. Outdoor kitchens are very popular here.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
aishaquest:
I followed this link from your current project. This is a lovely home. This one seems larger than your Lagos project, or is that just because it is not finished? Thanks for sharing. I find construction journals interesting. I would have liked to have seen a journal on the decorating of the inside, or is that too personal? If not, maybe you can do it with the current one? This whole process is fascinating to me, from beginning to end.

Also, I'm curious about the BBQ. Can you show a pic of this one or perhaps the one from your current project when finished? I'm wondering if it is the same as BBQs here in the US. Outdoor kitchens are very popular here.

This one very large.This was done on two and a quarter plots. The Lagos one is on half plot,although the cost of buying the half plot in Lagos (in 2014) was ten-times the cost of buying the 2 1/4 plots in Kwara (which I bought in 2009)

I can afford to do mansion in my village,not Lagos grin cheesy

Lagos is just temporary home. cheesy
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
CityNG:

Shops: Most excellent idea. If you construct the shops to your taste, have a rental agreement that clearly specifies the allowed tenants performance and what merchandise can be sold, hours of operation,etc then I foresee n issues. I plan on doing similar.

Plans: I am intricately aware that changing plans during construction trickles down to other things and construction costs go out of control. I am being deliberate and taking time to perfect my drawing and will have a plan that will not change during construction to save cost.

Congratulations on finishing this and then moving onto another one.

The shop is not for rent. It's for my Mum just to have something to keep her busy in the neighbourhood.Just to sell soft drink/groceries on small scale.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
aishaquest:

BBQ: Barbecue = US
BQ: Boys Quarters = Nigeria

Outdoor kitchen were popular in Nigeria but somehow the architects designed this out for some reason. My building plan for the house I'm designing for Nigeria includes an outdoor kitchen in the indoor courtyard.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:

The shop is not for rent. It's for my Mum just to have something to keep her busy in the neighbourhood.Just to sell soft drink/groceries on small scale.

Still an excellent idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos; Four Confirmed Dead / Wallpaper And 3D Wallpaper (Pictures) / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.