Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (7774 Views)

If Satan Repents Today Will God Forgive Him? / If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless / What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Ofido(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2011
What do you think wil happen if satan approved God to ask for forgiveness, having repented of all his wrong doings. Went back to God and said Father i am sorry forgive me.
What do you think God wil do and how wil the world turn out to be?

Jst saw this some wher and have been thinkin about it since morning.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2011
Ofido nwanne, this one na strong question oo. I guess our christian experts can't answer this one. But does the bible say anything like God forgiving anyone? Or is it reserved for some particular people?

I'll be more than happy if ekwensu(satan) can go to God for forgiveness. That will give everyone automatic ticket to heaven.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2011
Satan was a covering cherub , one of the highest ranks of an angel in Heaven.

He saw GOD face to face,  he was HOLY and Righteous and wonderfully made.

But he rebelled against a greater LIGHT , after seeing GOD for what he is , merciful , loving and just .

He also led a myriad of angels in rebellion against GOD , so this was a mass revolt led by the ingrate called SATAN.

Continuing, , he instigated the first murder in the human world and has been behind some of the most savage and brutal ideologies and regimes in human history.

He has been judged and once a sentence has been given it must be carried out.

All those who ally themselves with Satan will also share in his DOOM.

"For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgement."- 2 Peter 2 :4
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Afam4eva(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2011
So, what if satan decides to apologise, what happens then?
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
@afam4eva,

He has been judged he has no need to apologise. On the day of the Lord all the ungodly too would be judged and it wont matter if they then feel sorry for their sins. If you study the bible Jesus gave a parable of a rich man and Lazarus. It appears that the rich man apparently admitted that he was wrong and he requested that one from the dead should be sent to warn his brethren. However he knew for him judgement has been passed.

If you can take more time to study about God in the bible you would notice that he is merciful, kind slow to anger yet in his anger no flesh can stand. For over 2000 years he has been warning us about his intention to destroy humanity except those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept his teaching on how to please God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3: 16

Though we commonly hear one side of God as loving yet he would destroy all the ungodly once and for all just as he did in the days of Noah.

For Satan he already received his judgement but for those who Satan has deceived and his deceiving their judgement too will come and together with Satan they will be cast into the lake of fire.

God has given his judgement on Satan and Satan knows that if God gives a judgement on a matter no one can change it. So before he is finally thrown into the lake of fire he has engaged himself in deceiving men since creation; telling them they would not die, that there is no God, that it doesn't matter if they reject Jesus, that man can save himself etc.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Ofido(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2011
@bro belabela satan was an angle who sinned against God and was chased out of heaven. Are u saying ther is no room for forgiveness for him? Cos he is not human like us that died and after death ther is no forgiveness.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ Ofido,

There is no forgiveness for Satan and there would be no forgiveness for him because he has been judged. I think we should focus on the attributes of God to understand this matter.

What is man, that you are mindful of him? and the son of man, that you visit him? - Psalms 8:4

We are a special creation of God, not because we are any "special" but because God has a special interest in us. God could have as well destroy man after the fall of man. Yet he choose to forgive us and beyond that redeem us.

Rather than destroy man God choose to warn us of the dangers of rejecting his salvation plan. In the days of Noah he asked Noah to warn the people and he prepared the ark but men rejected except for Noah and his family. In the days of Jonah he warned Nineveh. Now He came to us in Jesus and you can look around you and see the attitude of men towards Jesus. The judgement of man would come after he dies. So until death man has the opportunity to either accept God's gift of salvation or reject it and get destroyed. But on the final day of judgement men would be raised from their graves either to salvation or to destruction in the lake of fire.

Interestingly we live in a world that regards warning as threat. God never threatened man rather he warns us of the consequences of our actions ( and therein lies love) so that when his judgement finally comes man would have no excuse. However the devil never tells man the consequences of his actions rather he presents to man the benefits of such things ( and therein lies deception). And because men love lies more than truth they embrace the devil for the immediate satisfaction of their desires and ultimately eternal damnation.

In dealing with the fallen angels including Satan God choose to pass judgement on them. Shall we challenge God for his actions? NO! Just as we cannot challenge a potter for destroying his pot. Let us therefore embrace God's gift of salvation and not fall victim of Satan's deception. As for Satan his judgement has been passed and no one can undo it.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Godmother(f): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
I don't think God would forgive him because that would make God a liar.
The Bible says God honours His words more than His name and his word(Bible)
Says there will be judgement and the devil will be thrown into a lake of fire.
Changing this now would make the Bible a lie
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by ichuka(m): 12:17am On Oct 20, 2011
God is Righteous, He cant forgive without judging.we are privileged.for our sins have been judged in Christ,Satan sins have to be judged,
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Joagbaje(m): 5:08am On Oct 20, 2011
Ofido:

What do you think wil happen if satan approved God to ask for forgiveness, having repented of all his wrong doings. Went back to God and said Father i am sorry forgive me.
What do you think God wil do and how wil the world turn out to be?

Jst saw this some wher and have been thinkin about it since morning.

If Satan repents , God will forgive him. But their are 2 problems. Satan like other angels are not created in the image of God like us. They dont have ability to repent. Secondly Satan is personally proud. He can't repent. He is still mobilising his army for the great battle of Gog and Magog. And Armageddon . He still believes he will defeat God one day. He Looks down on Gods authority. So he cant even think of failing his followers by repenting.

1 Like

Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by ramalot(m): 5:52am On Oct 20, 2011
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 20, 2011
A subject I refuse to touch mehn, for real.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

If Satan repents , God will forgive him. But their are 2 problems. Satan like other angels are not created in the image of God like us. They dont have ability to repent. Secondly Satan is personally proud. He can't repent. He is still mobilising his army for the great battle of Gog and Magog. And Armageddon . He still believes he will defeat God one day. He Looks down on Gods authority. So he cant even think of failing his followers by repenting.

+10

1 Like

Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by mabell: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2011
@topic,
NOT POSSIBLE!!!
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Santi222(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2012
belabela: @ Ofido,

There is no forgiveness for Satan and there would be no forgiveness for him because he has been judged. I think we should focus on the attributes of God to understand this matter.

What is man, that you are mindful of him? and the son of man, that you visit him? - Psalms 8:4

We are a special creation of God, not because we are any "special" but because God has a special interest in us. God could have as well destroy man after the fall of man. Yet he choose to forgive us and beyond that redeem us.

Rather than destroy man God choose to warn us of the dangers of rejecting his salvation plan. In the days of Noah he asked Noah to warn the people and he prepared the ark but men rejected except for Noah and his family. In the days of Jonah he warned Nineveh. Now He came to us in Jesus and you can look around you and see the attitude of men towards Jesus. The judgement of man would come after he dies. So until death man has the opportunity to either accept God's gift of salvation or reject it and get destroyed. But on the final day of judgement men would be raised from their graves either to salvation or to destruction in the lake of fire.

Interestingly we live in a world that regards warning as threat. God never threatened man rather he warns us of the consequences of our actions ( and therein lies love) so that when his judgement finally comes man would have no excuse. However the devil never tells man the consequences of his actions rather he presents to man the benefits of such things ( and therein lies deception). And because men love lies more than truth they embrace the devil for the immediate satisfaction of their desires and ultimately eternal damnation.

In dealing with the fallen angels including Satan God choose to pass judgement on them. Shall we challenge God for his actions? NO! Just as we cannot challenge a potter for destroying his pot. Let us therefore embrace God's gift of salvation and not fall victim of Satan's deception. As for Satan his judgement has been passed and no one can undo it.
Old thread, but I love this answer.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Joagbaje(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2012
God will forgive him, just as he will forgive anyone who repents. The only problem here is that satan will never repent nor ask for forgiveness for 2 reasons. He doesnt have ability to repent. he was not created in the image of God like man. Man has ability to repent, but angelic beings have no such ability. secondly satan has his personal pride. he is still looking for opportunity to overthrow God. amd he believes its still possible. he will still launch out 2 major battles against God before his final damnantion. according to the book of revelation. the final war is Gog and Maggog

Rev 20:8
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by edrainzeez(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2012
In d bible, God clearly states dat HE would have mercy on who HE wants and compassion on who HE also wants. Wuld we then say there is impartiality in GOD? God 4bid. Afta death comes judgment. Wheather u lyk it all not there will always b gud nd evil. It has come 2 stay. GOD BLESS U
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by dorox(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
Joagbaje: God will forgive him, just as he will forgive anyone who repents. The only problem here is that satan will never repent nor ask for forgiveness for 2 reasons. He doesnt have ability to repent. he was not created in the image of God like man. Man has ability to repent, but angelic beings have no such ability. secondly satan has his personal pride. he is still looking for opportunity to overthrow God. amd he believes its still possible. he will still launch out 2 major battles against God before his final damnantion. according to the book of revelation. the final war is Gog and Maggog

Rev 20:8
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
If you understand what it means to sin against the holy spirit then you will know that satan's sin is unforgivable and as frosbel said he has been judged, he is just waiting for his limited time to elapse.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by nyameke: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
Good question but that would be impossible because Satan just like all fallen angels cannot be saved. Why because
1. Jesus died as a human with a common soul base of the entire human race from the Adam. Angels were created individually

2. Angels possess greater knowledge and awareness and exists in non linear time. Their decisions based on an act of will is therefore not influenced by time like us humans.. Once they make a choice it will last till the end of time. Therefore you can bet that they do not anyhow make choices, they make choices based on the full awareness needed to make it out on their freewill. Their choices are definite and transcends time and space..

That is why Salvation is not necessary to be made available to Satan and fallen angels anyway because they would never accept it even until the end of time. They already made their choice to disregard the Most high.. And because their decisions transcends time even if they manifest in this realm and become humans like us and live in linear time they would still not believe in God or the salvation story. To them they are their own god and answers to none other but themselves..
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by cyrexx: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2012
Men and brethren, let us hear a short summary of the whole bible:

Many eons ago, an un-created omniscient (all-knowing) spirit being created some other spirit being who in his infinite knowledge of the future, already knew that those spirit beings would piss him off. When they pissed him he sent them away only to create some more human beings that he knew would eventually piss him off again.
And when they did, he nearly killed off all of them, including innocent babies, and spared only eight. He also sometimes orders his jewish followers to murder every worshippers of non-jewish deities, including women and children.

Finally, he could not think of a better way to rectify things other than to nail himself to a cross (in form of his son) and somehow say to people "see what you made me do to myself, you should be ashamed of yourselves, you hell-deserving scoundrels i shouldn't have created in the first place had i known better, I regret ever creating you"

THAT IS WHOLE ESSENCE OF THE BIBLE, THE REST IS JUST TO FILL UP MORE SPACE.

1 Like

Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by cyrexx: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2012
Men and brethren, let us hear a short summary of the whole bible:

Many eons ago, an un-created omniscient (all-knowing) spirit being created some other spirit being who in his infinite knowledge of the future, already knew that those spirit beings would piss him off. When they pissed him he sent them away only to create some more human beings that he knew would eventually piss him off again.
And when they did, he nearly killed off all of them, including innocent babies, and spared only eight. He also sometimes orders his jewish followers to murder every worshippers of non-jewish deities, including women and children.

Finally, he could not think of a better way to rectify things other than to nail himself to a cross (in form of his son) and somehow say to people "see what you made me do to myself, you should be ashamed of yourselves, you hell-deserving scoundrels i shouldn't have created in the first place had i known better, I regret ever creating you"

Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Dipwater(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
cyrexx: Men and brethren, let us hear a short summary of the whole bible:

My broda the thing sef tire me. If satan repents and asks 4 forgiveness ,he shuld kindly forgive him and end this whole drama of light fighting with darkness bul shyte.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Princewell2012(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2012
What if at the last day, the very satan now happen to be me and you? This is why we should be very careful the way we do things on the earth, in other to avoid mistake,and regret latter. Who have seen satan before? And how does he look like? Now do you know that adam is also a perpect man? According to the bible, every body is talking about satan, how does satan deceive people? Mark 7 : 21-23 let us know all the evil that men do comes out from the heart of men, just name it, they all comes out from within a man, and defile a man, but whenever we sucided on that evil we celebrate and give thanks, and claim to be a powerful man or a clever boy, but if we are aprehended we give the blame to satan, you see we are just deceiveing our selve before God who knows everything, an armed robber, we be happy kiling innocent people, and shed blood unnessesery, yet they are happy doing it, and enjoing their wealth, but if they are arested to face the judgement, they will put the blame on satan. Now let's go back to the issue of cain killing abel, cain is a murderer, he has been thinking evil against his brother, because of the sacrice they offer to God, and his own was rejected,since then he has been angry with his brother, the evil though is from within,and finnaly he carried out his mission when he have the opputunity, so how was it now satan who deceive him? Is he not satan himself? Is he not a murderer, you see a lot of us have been deceive in these area, a lot of people does not know who satan is, that is why they continue to point an accusing finger to something else, what is the meaning of satan? 1: satan mean a deceiver, a murderer, a thieve , a liar, pride, a ritualist, name it are called satan, do you know that man posesses all this characters that I have just mentioned, so what is man? We have to understand who we are before God. And another question is this when God created satan, was his name called satan? We should be wise to find out the truth, no he was not called satan atall. Do you think that lucifer for example is a bad name? No it wasn't a bad name atall infact it was a gloryfy name. But today his name is satan, why? therefore a name is given by God according to ones character and behaviour. So anybody that comes to God for forgiveness he will pardon, otherwise everybody will go to hell, we shoild repent and realise ourself, and repent from the dept of our heart, rather than pointing accusing finger to someone else thanks
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Princewell2012(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2012
dorox:
If you understand what it means to sin against the holy spirit then you will know that satan's sin is unforgivable and as frosbel said he has been judged, he is just waiting for his limited time to elapse.
but do you know that so many of us have sin against the holy spirit?
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Princewell2012(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2012
Santi222:
Old thread, but I love this answer.
men live under their own ilussion. Now tell me which image were the engels of God made of ? Were they not made in the image of God ? Are you saying we are more special than engel of God who see him face to face if God must stand on his word as a judge no body will go to heaven: i want to ask another question, when jesus whom we know as God came down on the earth, who are those that killed him ? Man or satan ? The problem is that we dont even know the deference between man and satan, is like when you say a man and armed robber, a man is an arm robber and arm robber is man, now is their any deference between the two ? Alright which is more wicked the one who rebeled against you in heaven and the one kil you on the earth ? If God should forgive according to their action then satan should be forgiven instead of man, but my aguement is their is no deference between man and satan. There is no deference between sinner and satan respectvely because there works are the same. The problem with man is that whenever he faces reality they want to put blame on somethings or someone else rather to admit his or herfaulth, we keep on admiting that it is not our faulth , unless we acknowledge who we are, man can never have a total or complete salvation
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by macof(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
frosbel: Satan was a covering cherub , one of the highest ranks of an angel in Heaven.

He saw GOD face to face,  he was HOLY and Righteous and wonderfully made.

But he rebelled against a greater LIGHT , after seeing GOD for what he is , merciful , loving and just .

He also led a myriad of angels in rebellion against GOD , so this was a mass revolt led by the ingrate called SATAN.

Continuing, , he instigated the first murder in the human world and has been behind some of the most savage and brutal ideologies and regimes in human history.

He has been judged and once a sentence has been given it must be carried out.

All those who ally themselves with Satan will also share in his DOOM.

"For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgement."- 2 Peter 2 :4

am yet to undertand where and when the devil brought sin to the world. cain killed abel because God was partial against cain by accepting only abel's sacrifice. God At fault.
Adam and eve eat of the fruit because the serpent told eve the truth. so is telling the truth a sin? and shey serpent na devil? Devil as u know it doesnt exist.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by macof(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Joagbaje:

u didnt read the part of the bible that states "let us create man in our own image, after our likeness" who was God referring to? Oga Man are of the same image with all of the angels + demons and of course God and Satan
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Mintayo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
macof: am yet to undertand where and when the devil brought sin to the world. cain killed abel because God was partial against cain by accepting only abel's sacrifice. God At fault.
Adam and eve eat of the fruit because the serpent told eve the truth. so is telling the truth a sin? and shey serpent na devil? Devil as u know it doesnt exist.
ur last statement is not true,satan,d serpent made adam and eve to disobey God.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by macof(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mintayo:
really? But did he put a gun to their heads and force them? it was their own doing abeg leave serpent alone.
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by macof(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mintayo:
really? But did he put a gun to their heads and force them? it was their own doing abeg leave serpent alone. That's why Christians have demonised snakes
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by Mintayo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
macof: really? But did he put a gun to their heads and force them? it was their own doing abeg leave serpent alone. That's why Christians have demonised snakes
why cnt they use 'their own doing' and obey God instead,huh?
And when did christains demonize snakes?
Re: If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? by macof(m): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mintayo:
why cnt they use 'their own doing' and obey God instead,huh?
And when did christains demonize snakes?
wat has happened as happened, they ate the fruit cus they were curious. Owls, cats, snakes,scorpions are demonised by Christians, that's an Info I have picked up from churches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Consequences Of Polygamy / 14 Bible Verses That Indicate Jesus Is Not God / Can Hellfire Be Morally Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.