Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat (10360 Views)

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. / Muslims: Are We Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Beaf: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Boko Haram - Muslims Asked to Vacate Niger Delta Within One Week[/size]
Vincent Egunyanga
19 October 2011

Benin — Following the Boko Haram insurgency in the country, a Warri-based group known as Egbesu Mightier Fraternity has ordered all Muslim communities in Niger Delta to leave within seven days.

[size=14pt]The group, in a letter dated October 10, 2011 copied to the Sultan of Sokoto Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar[/size], read: "Dear Muslim communities in Niger Delta, leave our land [Niger Delta] now within seven days. No basis for unity. We are compelled by the present Boko Haram's merciless bombings in the country without veritable developmental agitation. Even , there is killing going on in the north. The continuous killings of Christians in the north should be stopped forthwith. Call your brothers to order.

"The tsunami of Boko Haram will not, in its sweep, skip the homes and interest of its promoters, active or passive. Book Haram has been leaving bombs around churches and other places with clusters of the innocent. If peace is pronounced a war, why can't we go our separate ways by amicable agreements? Book Haram may have its origin from whatever it likes. Its wild excesses are essentially a reaction to the presidential ascendancy of Dr Goodluck Jonathan. It has its sponsors and financiers in the north and outside Nigeria. If we are actually one Nigeria, why can't we allow other geo-political zone to rule the country?

Saudi Arabia is the centre of the Islamic faith, yet there was not even a single killing of Christian faithful there. Why all these killings of National Youths Service Corps members and other innocent citizens in reaction to Jonathan's presidential victory? With this trend, we can't live together. Leave Niger Delta now. Your failure to leave at the expiration of this letter, we'll kill any Muslim we see in the Niger Delta Region.

No section of this country is an embodiment of killing others. Muslims can't live in our land freely while Boko Haram will be killing our people in their land. This is our message, if you like, stay and test our ultimatum, then stay and see what will happen. We are fully ready to kill if you test us. We have tasted bloody war during the days of our agitation for equal right. Boko Haram members live among you and pray in the same mosque. So you can't claim that you don't know where the Boko Haram is".

The letter was jointly signed by Okin Sele Bazoka Boys of Niger Delta, Gen Kurumah, the strike force of Izon land; Commander Okiki Kene, water force of izon land; and Gen Abu Mic Barkoromo Ogbo of Niger Delta.

Confirming the threat, the chairman of the Warri Central Mosque, Prince Muftau Oyetunde said Muslims had started leaving the town as the seven days ultimatum given to them expired on Monday, adding that the Muslim communities had notified the Police Area Commander, the Joint Task Force and other security agencies in Niger Delta of the letter.

Also reacting, the leader of the Hausa community in Warri, Mohammed Bello Ado, said there was no need for such a letter since the Hausas in the area had lived peacefully Niger Delta people.

"The Hausas voted for President Goodluck Jonathan, not Buhari, in the last general elections. Why should people refuse to appreciate the support of the Hausas in the elections?

A source within the police headquarters in Warri, who pleaded anonymity, urged the public to disregard the letter, saying it was not real.

"They are just trying to create unnecessary hype, but we are taking care of the situation", the police source said.
[size=14pt]
Meanwhile, soldiers are already guarding the mosque where the letter was dropped, though Muslims, particularly the Yoruba ones, are said to have been fleeing Warri and sending their family members home.[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201110190513.html
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Beaf: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2011
I hope kpogede is on hand to explain why innocent citizens are being threatened in Warri.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]
Meanwhile, soldiers are already guarding the mosque where the letter was dropped, though Muslims, particularly the Yoruba ones, are said to have been fleeing Warri and sending their family members home.[/size]

Trust the Oduduwa to run.  grin
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2011
I think they meant Hausa/fulani and not Yoruba. Anyway, when they go on a killing spree they won't be asking which tribe you belong to. As long as you wear a hijab or bear names like mohammed, Musilliu, Musikat etc, you'll be a target. So, it's advisable for all muslims including Yorubas, Hausas to live warri to be on the safe side. They can always return later. I wonder what this country is turning into. See what boko-haram have caused for this innocent Nigerians.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by namfav(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2011
shocked
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Beaf: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
Boys are not smiling, but there are better ways to do things than sink to the same level as boko haram. Well, the ball has already been set rolling, so lets prepare for war.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by namfav(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
are you read bro?

Beaf:

Boys are not smiling, but there are better ways to do things than sink to the same level as boko haram. Well, the ball has already been set rolling, so lets prepare for war.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by DrummaBoy(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
And we have a govt in this country
Remember Rwanda O
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by jason123: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
Where is my e-brother, Kpogede??!!!
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by PointB: 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^

Cleaning his guns in the creek I presume. grin
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by jmaine: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Maybe Kpogede77 delivered the letter of threat  undecided  grin . . .But this news is so sad . . .anyway, it serves two purpose which are lipsrsealed
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Beaf: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
namfav:

are you read bro?

I don't understand, what do you mean to say?

Dude, boko haram and their political sponsors rolled the dice and it now seems that the ultimate clash is inevitable; there are only the very slightest threads of common sense holding events back (let us pray they win). So, let every man prepare for war.
I can't understand why aboki's politics is always to threaten people and call them cowards; we are reaping the result now. You cannot call Warri man a coward.
Its unfortunate that some people cannot read the tea leaves, they forgot that Warri is in the ND. Don't test Warri guys, cos they aren't your usual clients; if a Warri man says "I go slap you now!," just bloody start ducking, cos that slap has already started landing.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Beaf: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
jason123:

Where is my e-brother, Kpogede??!!!

Lol! That boy is very useless.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Pukkah: 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
Really, those guys in the North went too far especially with the killing of youth corpers and other innocent people. It was mindless and pathetic.

The best way to assuage the feelings of people is to bring the Boko Haramites, their sponsors and patrons, to book for there can be no peace without justice.

If Christians are safe in Saudi Arabia, why can't they move freely anywhere in their country? Although I don't support violence, I believe that people should be able to defend themselves against aggression.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by seanet02: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Trust the Oduduwa to run.  grin
Typical Ibo Chest beating!!
Do you wait and fight people in their territory?
Ediot
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Johndoe100(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

True, I don't know why they are doing this. It will end up being counter productive. I support our boys, but tactics must make sense.

seanet02:

Typical Ibo Chest beating!!
Do you wait and fight people in their territory?
Ediot

You are a typical coward.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by rgp922: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2011
Johndoe100:

True, I don't know why they are doing this. It will end up being counter productive. I support our boys, but tactics must make sense.

You are a typical coward.

And you're not?
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Akanbiedu(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
He he he.

K'oju ma ribi, ese l'oogun e.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by adamabdul: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2011
I pity the Igbos living in the North
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Chyz2: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
adamabdul:

I pity the Igbos living in the North

I pity hausas living in the East. grin
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Yeske2(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
I only hope this story is fake
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by otokx(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yeske!:

Hope so too
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by jason123: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

Lol. But you have to agree that the guy(Kpogede) gave a warning on NL, some weeks ago. He (Kpogede) obviously has some info "normal" guys don't have.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by ak47mann(m): 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
earlier the better nobody can understand those people any chance they see they will distroy everthing you have worked for all your life ONLY Yoruba MUSLIMS THOSE ONES FEAR LIFE.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Biscute(f): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
ONE NIGERIA PLEASE
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yeske!:

angry angry angry
on the contrary, i hope it's for real and that they make good with it.nobody has a monopoly to violence
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by sicily4u: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Blazing88(f): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
GOD save NIGERIA
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by freecocoa(f): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
God when is all this going to end?I smell war. please I don't want to die just yet.
Why can't this haram people behave,we are doing everything possible to live in peace with them yet they are not satisfied,its just so annoying that we allow their brothers roam our streets freely,yet they kill ours.
Them don hear am na,BOYZ ARE NOT SMILING.this one Nigeria crap is not working at all.
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by adamabdul: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
Chyz*:

I pity hausas living in the East. grin
You mean the shoe shiners and mai guards ryt?
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by Ymodulus: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Nigeria: Boko Haram - Muslims Asked to Vacate Niger Delta Within One Week[/size]
Vincent Egunyanga
19 October 2011

"They are just trying to create unnecessary hype, but we are taking care of the situation", the police source said.

Meanwhile, soldiers are already guarding the mosque where the letter was dropped, though Muslims, [size=18pt] particularly the Yoruba ones, are said to have been fleeing Warri and sending their family members home [/size][

i no fit laugh see cowards
Re: Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat by ak47mann(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
adamabdul:

You mean the shoe shiners and mai guards ryt?
WHAT ELSE DO WE NO ABOKI 4 IN NIGERIA best shoe shiners in AFRICA cheesy

most of them Na beggars with no hope,lack of business Brian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can You Do In One Minute? / 10 Categories Of People That Visit The Mosque During Ramadan. / Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.