Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin (2339 Views)

I'm Not Dead, Obuah Gej's Ex CSO - Pic / APGA Is Dead, Says Chime / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Dead Says Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin by Babasessy(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2011
I’m not dead, says Alaafin

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, yesterday denied that he is dead. It was rumoured that Oba Adeyemi joined his ancestors last Saturday. The monarch said he is hale and hearty, attending to his subjects in his kingdom.

The Alaafin, who spoke with reporters on telephone from his palace in Oyo, said that he was neither ill nor suffering from any ailment to warrant anybody insinuating his death. It will be recalled that Oba Adeyemi turned 75 last Saturday, and instead of rolling out the drums, the monarch decided to celebrate it in a low-key manner. And it was the same day that the news started filtering round that the monarch had passed on. The apprehension over the demise of the mon- arch continued till yesterday with his Media Assistant, Alhaji Azeez Fehintola, receiving tele- phone calls from people to find out the authenticity of the news. Some people even post- ed it on the social network called facebook on Saturday that Oba Adeyemi had joined his ancestors, thus raising agitations from many people about the genuineness or otherwise of the news. But the septuagenarian monarch dismissed the ru- mour as a mere distraction and handiwork of his ad- versaries. Oba Adeyemi said: Nothing bad has happened to me and it will not happen in AllahÕs name. That is their wish, but I re- main hale and hearty. I am in my palace as I am talking to you. I was in Ibadan yes- terday (Monday). So, thank you for your concern.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/23164.html
Re: I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin by Pukkah: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
Alaafin of Oyo! This royalty evokes the memories of the Old Oyo Empire.
Re: I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
Iku baba yeye. Oba tin pe Oba ranse
Re: I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin by abacus(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
Omo iku, ti iku o gbo do pa
Omo arun, ti arun o gbo do se
Ajise bi oyo la n ri, Oyo o se bi enikan kan
Iku baba yeye, Igbakeji orisa
Re: I'm Not Dead, Says Alafin by ektbear: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

The Real Beneficiaries Of Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria / Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Visits USA In July 1961(video) / Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.