Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway (5813 Views)

About 10 Men Sitting On A Bus On A Lekki Highway / #KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / Quiz: Which Is More Fuel Efficient On The Highway Open Windows Or Ac? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by meexteriox(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
I lost throttle power suddenly on the highway, i managed to park on the side of the road and while checking my dash board
i saw the EPC (Electronic Pedal Control) light was on. Sorry, i was driving a 2002 VW Jetta. The EPC light came on and also the Check Engine light.
The engine starts normally but no throttle power, the rev is as good as dead. Any solution to this pls?
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by inspiredm(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
Thread Sticky for Maximum Exposure, Good Luck
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
kick the car into neutral and slow down to get the EPC to kick off
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by meexteriox(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
Tried that, no show. Right now i'm on drive and moving real slowly out of the zone i find myself presently. I can't go higher than 20m/ph
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
could be problem with your coil. Seems to be a major problem though.

Google Jetta EPC light on and see.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by meexteriox(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
My broda, i googled epc light on jetta. You would not believe the barrage of complaints from VW customers concerning this same issue.
Guess i need a computer scan to determine real fault before anything. Right now though, i'm still rolling without throttle power down a very shady highway.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
yeap - i saw it too. Take it easy.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by meexteriox(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
Thanks ooooooooooooo
Imagine Police still tackling me even in this condition, i shouted the fool off the road
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
lol
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by inspiredm(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2011
meexteriox:

My broda, i googled epc light on jetta. You would not believe the barrage of complaints from VW customers concerning this same issue.
Guess i need a computer scan to determine real fault before anything. Right now though, i'm still rolling without throttle power down a very shady highway.

Not good to Text and Drive. Park Somewhere and get the Vehicle Towed or Call Roadside Emergency Assistance.
 wink
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by meexteriox(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2011
grin grin grin
It's funny really, i'm consoling myself with some naija sound right now.
As i passed one FRSC checkpoint, an officer advised i lower d volume a bit, wink wink

I'm going real slow that i can fiddle wit my phone, now dis is not funny atall. cool
Road side Emergency Assistance? In Naija? Pls avail me their number, plssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by inspiredm(m): 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
meexteriox:

grin grin grin
It's funny really, i'm consoling myself with some naija sound right now.
As i passed one FRSC checkpoint, an officer advised i lower d volume a bit,  wink wink

I'm going real slow that i can fiddle wit my phone, now dis is not funny atall. cool
Road side Emergency Assistance? In Naija? Pls avail me their number, plssssssssssssss

You didn't State you're in Naija, and Shouting off the Police can be done anywhere in the World tongue

The FRSC Just gave you up.
tongue
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
MAKE SURE YOU GET A SAT NAV IN YOUR CAR. wITH THAT YOU CAN FIND THE NEAREST ROAD MECHANIC TO YOUR LOCATION.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by Emperoh(m): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

MAKE SURE YOU GET A SAT NAV IN YOUR CAR. wITH THAT YOU CAN FIND THE NEAREST ROAD MECHANIC TO YOUR LOCATION.

All in Nigeria? and maybe in one remote village in the east or west? lol!!

Poster,
I think Jetta is one of the worst makes that came out of Germany.
They haven't had good ratings and then couple this with the bad maintenance culture we have here
and then i can imagine what u are in.

Get a tow van to the nearest mechanic and see how it goes. I guess your throttle cable is cut(if it still uses that).
Sorry for the inconvenience!!
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by werepeLeri: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2011
Emperoh:

All in Nigeria? and maybe in one remote village in the east or west? lol!!

Poster,
I think Jetta is one of the worst makes that came out of Germany.
They haven't had good ratings and then couple this with the bad maintenance culture we have here
and then i can imagine what u are in.

Get a tow van to the nearest mechanic and see how it goes. I guess your throttle cable is cut(if it still uses that).
Sorry for the inconvenience!!

This is the problem with people. Yes in Nigeria. What if it is in Nigeria? It is impossible?

Come on. Think right.

While some people are moaning and sleeping about Nigeria's backwardness, some people are working and devicing stuffs.

Yes, we have it and we flaunt it, and if you think it is a lie, then you have been left behind.

FYI. Our GPs Sat Nav for Nigeria has over 10000 auto repair points all along the highways in Nigeria. Siddon there.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by frankfrank(m): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
Try hard start and throttle, have a 2000 model that's the way out for me. Good luck
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by alanbolo(m): 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Yes, we have it and we flaunt it, and if you think it is a lie, then you have been left behind.

FYI. Our GPs Sat Nav for Nigeria has over 10000 auto repair points all along the highways in Nigeria. Siddon there.
I Like that. Pls. tell them.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by seedord247(m): 12:23am On Oct 20, 2011
I though it was Car like Range Rover 2011 or bentley .

VW 2002 . . . Mshewww. grin grin

Next page
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by freecocoa(f): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2011
I don't have a bicycle so I no know wetin una dey talk,make I go my way.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 20, 2011
seedord247:

I though it was Car like Range Rover 2011 or bentley .

VW 2002 . . . Mshewww. grin grin

Next page
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by kabukabu50(m): 2:34am On Oct 20, 2011
Might be TPS sensor(Throttle positioning sensor) or Failed ignition coils.
Jettas have shoddy reliability, especially the newer models. cool
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by naija7: 2:36am On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by okadaman2: 5:21am On Oct 20, 2011
Okada is always better embarassed
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by Ekans: 6:34am On Oct 20, 2011
Poster,kneel and say a prayer with the engine hood open,then get up and shout IT IS NOT MY PORTION,and watch the problem go away.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On Oct 20, 2011
Ekans:

Poster,kneel and say a prayer with the engine hood open,then get up and shout IT IS NOT MY PORTION,and watch the problem go away.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by VALIDATOR: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2011
Ekans:

LWKMD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by jumpmasta(m): 7:27am On Oct 20, 2011
Ekans:

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by mymoto(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2011
It may be the car timing is too low or shifted.try and check on the distributor if the timing is too low.
another problem could be the brainbox socket is not well inserted or faulty.check on it.
check on the fuse box and look out for the faulty fuse that supply fuel into the injector.maybe
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by Kambinachi(f): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2011
meexteriox:

Tried that, no show. Right now i'm on drive and moving real slowly out of the zone i find myself presently. I can't go higher than 20m/ph

LOL @ 20m/ph. that's hilarious. abeg no vex o, it's just funny

hopefully, you end up sorting this thing out  cheesy
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by Faithnn: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
I know this may be your first car that is y u bought a wrong car.VW had never been a good car for nigeria used.People go for it b/cos of the cheap price.Now the bitterness is here.Go for toyota brand and save yourself hypertension.However, i advice you look for an experienced mechanic who can convert the engine to a commonly used engine and gear box.My friend had similar problem in his VW bora,engine conversion was solution.Goodluck.
Re: Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway by sultaan(m): 3:36am On Oct 21, 2011
your car might have serious problem now so it has gone into limp mode to protect your engine/trans

Faithnn:

I know this may be your first car that is y u bought a wrong car.VW had never been a good car for nigeria used.People go for it b/cos of the cheap price.Now the bitterness is here.Go for toyota brand and save yourself hypertension.However, i advice you look for an experienced mechanic who can convert the engine to a commonly used engine and gear box.My friend had similar problem in his VW bora,engine conversion was solution.Goodluck.

This is a response from someone who is not informed on modern engines.
Scan your car and repair as required

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Important Is Car Mileage To You? / Does The Use Of Air Conditioners In Cars Affect Fuel Consumption? / Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.