Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) (1960 Views)

When You Told Her You Are Related To Dangote... Lol / When U Tell Her You Are Related To Dangote Family And She Didn't See Them(pics) / Can You Date/marry Someone With The Same Surname As You And Is Not Related To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by chibaby5(f): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2011
Hey peeps. Had convo with friends and wanno knw y'll take on ds :

Do you have to know a guy/lady for a certain length of time b4 its right to get married to them?

If No, what's your reason?

If yes, how many months/years would you say is enough to be able to say Yes, ds is it?
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Dyt(f): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2011
its nt ow far bt ow well
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by upendo98(f): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2011
The length of time is not key.
What is key to me is the connection btwn 2 ppl.Now how fast you connect depends on how open you are to each other emotionally and physically.
Some are too reserved and it takes longer to know them well,while others are good to say I do on day one of meeting.

2 weeks/4 yrs,just know the personal well before you say yes this is it.
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2011
@ Dyt, its been a while, so waz blinking?
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Dyt(f): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2011
nottin much bobo mi
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by slimyem: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2011
upendo just said it all.
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2011
@poster
the important question that anyone should ask themselves is WHY they want to marry this person. this question sounds very simple but you would be surprised on how many will give you flimsy answer to that question.

also many are NOT emotionally, physically and financially ready to get married and yet are talking about getting married.

and sadly, many have NO IDEA what it takes to marry someone and make the marriage work/last (or simply dont care) because they want to get married for the WRONG REASONS!

so someone who wants to get married because of peer pressure/desperation/body clock etc would see no problem in marrying a total stranger they just met.
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2011
U know i missed ya so tenderly? U left me high and dry last time out!
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Dyt(f): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2011
now dont let my baby c dis
he s bn thinkin i screw anoda
winks
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2011
[size=14pt]Yes O! Me i be advocator for d "know dem for a while" group of companies! Within dat while, i go know as she sabi vex, weda she dey scatter ground with vex, as she dey treat im sisters and brothers, and im papa and mama dem! I go know how many pikin she dey want make we get! I go know if na the kain babe wey no sabi take care of house, cook or those things wey fit make man tell babe say, "abeg, i no do again". Den i go see weda na the kain tins wey i fit help am change! If na the wan wey i no fit tolerate or change for im bodi, then we go jejely waka our separate ways! Yes o! Woman full everywhere, but wife dey hard to find. Na wife i dey find, no be woman! I go shine my eye well, put am for ground so dat tomorrow, when we get small quanta for house, i no go run go dey tell pesin say errm, "no be you say na correct pesin?" or "chei, if to say i know". . . . . That wan na mumutology yarnings! Pesin no suppose dey blame another pesin if you marry wrong person. Because you get the time do ya research and back testing of the characterization of the sherikoko/sheribobo! If you ask me, i go say na at least one year you suppose sabi person wey you wan marry! Nobody dey carry complete package come this world, even me wey dey find wife, i no complete. So before i go dey find correctalized chicala, i go first look my mirror first, repair my own katakatalized carakta first, before i start to find wife! The truth be say, the chicala too dey find husband, no be any kain Man. And she get every right to dump my yansh if i no get the kain carakta wey she dey find for husband bodi! E dey dey good to get list of wetin you dey find for person. If the person get like 70% of the things wey you dey find, abeg manage am like that, make dem manage you too. I neva see person wey go say im dey scratch im back by imself! Life na scatch my back, i scratch ya own too. Manage una self, and Una life go jus dey go kulele!. . . Make i tell you the truth say, no mata how u and pesin don dey, even 10 years, pesin wey wan pretend go still pretend, but again, no bodi perfect and at least e get some kind carakta wey person no dey hide! If she carry some fine fine carakta wey i don see, wey i like, i go fire down, marry the kokolet abeg! No too much long thing! If you waste time, you miss ya flight. . . true yarnings. . . wink

UP "Know Him/Her For a Certain Length of Time Group of Companies!". . . grin grin[/size]
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by iice(f): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2011
upendo 98:

The length of time is not key.
What is key to me is the connection btwn 2 ppl.Now how fast you connect depends on how open you are to each other emotionally and physically.
Some are too reserved and it takes longer to know them well,while others are good to say I do on day one of meeting.

2 weeks/4 yrs,just know the personal well before you say yes this is it.

Ding!
But knowing a person takes longer than a few weeks sha, no matter the connection.
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by amuukwu1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
chi-baby:

Hey peeps. Had convo with friends and wanno knw y'll take on ds :

Do you have to know a guy/lady for a certain length of time b4 its right to get married to them?

If No, what's your reason?

If yes, how many months/years would you say is enough to be able to say Yes, ds is it?

Chei shocked shocked lekwa Chi-baby oh, nwa where have you been. me missed you oh, smiley smiley wink wink kiss kiss
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by AmakaG29(f): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
You need to know the person long enough to know if you can live with their vices, cherish their virtues, suffer with them and for them

You need to know their past, present, and future. You need to know family, friends, how they handle conflict, if they really love you.

Requested forms:
Credit Score
STD Status
Genetic Defects
Family History
Degrees acquired
Current Earnings statement
Criminal Record

I honestly need two good years to feel comfortable. You have to get past the fairytale phase and get to the realness.
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Candyness(f): 10:20am On Oct 21, 2011
For a marriage to be long lasting, a couple needs love, commitment, communication and problem solving skills, fidelity, honesty, ability to handle conflict in a constructive way, respect for one another, realistic expectations, understanding, kindness, and a sense of humor. But as for me, I am a goal oriented female, highly paid broker, no kids and no plans for marraige for now. I do not believe in being pampered my any man coz I gots my own money
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Creamish(f): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
It dosnt matter how long u date . . . There is no fixed time for dating . . . it all depends on the couple. When ur ready, ur ready. Some pple date for 7yrs and dont end up together. . . .while others date for 3 months and end up married . .
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by Konnektions146(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2011
its not how long but realy how close/well do u know each other

the compatibility. the konnektions, understandings etc

distance dont help most times
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by chibaby5(f): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
Thanks All for replies smiley

Dyt:

its nt ow far bt ow well

when u say a statement is simple n short, ds is it. smiley

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
the important question that anyone should ask themselves is WHY they want to marry this person. this question sounds very simple but you would be surprised on how many will give you flimsy answer to that question.

also many are NOT emotionally, physically and financially ready to get married and yet are talking about getting married.

and sadly, many have NO IDEA what it takes to marry someone and make the marriage work/last (or simply dont care) because they want to get married for the WRONG REASONS!

so someone who wants to get married because of peer pressure/desperation/body clock etc would see no problem in marrying a total stranger they just met.

True points but u dint quite express ur view(s) on length of tym specifically. Necessary or not?
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by MMM2(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
op

so far as u have started forking d guy or d lady u can marry d person as soon as possible
undecided

2 avoid story angry
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by NET1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
six months or more. I dont wanna cry tomorrow.

.NET
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by chibaby5(f): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
M M M:

op

so far as u have started forking d guy or d lady u can marry d person as soon as possible
undecided

2 avoid story angry

So how many Women hve u divorced then? grin

.NET:

six months or more. I dont wanna cry tomorrow.

.NET

Anything less than dat u wunt b proposing?
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by jackpot(f): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
1 or 2 Christmas but if it's Chi-baby, I can bring it down to a week or two cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by chibaby5(f): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
Not funny. We not in jokes section angry
Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by MMM2(m): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
get pen & long note 4 me in my house now wink
chi-baby:

So how many Women hve u divorced then? grin

Re: What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) by NET1(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
chi-baby:

No ma'am. The reason being that everyday I come here to Nairaland, I see people complaining about their marriages - some even threatening to quit. I think it's because most of them did not take time to study their partners before tying the knot. I dont wanna make that mistake.

I have to be with her for at least 6 months, sometimes deliberately provoke her to anger to see how she manages anger, do some nasty things and see how she reacts to them.

When I am satisfied, then and only then can I ask the sacred question: "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Like I said earlier: "I dont wanna cry tomorrow".

.NET

(1) (Reply)

You Can Always Have Anotrher Girlfriend And Wife, But Only One Mother For Life / Misconceptions About Good-looking People / Photos Of Naija Celebrities Kisses Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.