Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Who Wrote The Bible.? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Wrote The Bible.? (2266 Views)

Who Wrote The New Testament ? / Who Wrote The New Testament? / "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wrote The Bible.? by marveouz: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
Can anyone tell me who compiled the Bible and when? since its definitely not written all at the same time, when was it all brought together and who did it? I believe in God but i don't believe that "HE" will like to confuse his won.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Joagbaje(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ezra compiled the old testament scriptures, and grouped them according to category .  The church fathers compiled the letters that make the new testaments.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
Google is ur friend
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by HISchild: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2011
friend,

from at least 1447 B.C. to 1407 B.C. (Israel's exodus from Egypt to the time of their crossing the Jordan) under GOD's mighty hand and outstretched arm, GOD, through Moses as HIS pen-man/prophet/servant, wrote the first five books of the Bible. "And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel." - Exo 34:27  (also Exo 17:14, Exo 31:4). 

GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST dictated and inspired the apostle  John (around A.D. 95) in the isle of Patmos to pen the last book of the Bible, the book of Revelations.  "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea." - Rev 1:11 

So, GOD wrote The Holy Bible through HIS prophets approx. during this time period.
--------
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Pet 1:20-21

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Heb 4:12
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2011
Hischild
Why dint God write it himself? Did he not know how to write in Hebrew?
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by joyuchesun: 1:44am On Oct 28, 2011
@Hischild why would god write a book in the first place?  everyone cannot read, does not live in a safe place to read the bible, cannot interpret hebrew properly, does not have access to a bible, or even cannot afford one, what purpose does writing a book serve, why not place the bible in everyone's heart and mind since "god" is all powerful.  This leaves many at the whim of the interpretation of man.  Which leads people to read and interpret the bible to mean things like judgment day is May 21, 2011 and the end of the world is october 21, 2011 as you did. Why would god leave such important information to the interpretation of men, who clearly have their own agenda.  This bible is the reason for religious wars, family separation, various denominations, abuse of men and children, etc.  Because of man's interpretation.  Why would an infallible god create such a mess, if he is so loving and merciful.  You know why, because "god" had nothing to do with it.  men wrote it as a way to explain their world at that time, plain and simple.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by jikez: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2011
check this out http://9jaknow.tk/
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Kay17: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2011
Of course men! Men whose intent we cant decipher but claim God inspired them. So whichever author who "claims" God inspired him is qualified to have his work complied within the Bible.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by nodogma: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
It is clear that all logic and any normal thinking must be halted when discussing the bible. What Hischild wrote makes absolutely no sense. People who are wise in other areas of life, become mentally incapacitated when discussing the bible and believe this fairy tale as if it is true. Why? It is so clear that the bible was written by men, with no inspiration from anything but themselves. It is so obvious!
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by God2man(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
It is so sad,that people want to understand everything about life, and the basic information about life is in the Bible. Yes, men wrote the Bible,but they were inspired by God. The Bible is like a spirit being, God said i have exalted my word above my name. Why is it that after many years, the Bible still remain the Best seller, so many attack against the Bible to destroy it,yet, the Bible still remain strong. Why? Please, take time and read the book of Job. You will learn a lot about the Book of Job. You come back and tell me, if it is just an ordinary story book or not. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Kay17: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
I have a text too with me inspired by God himself. And i want to add it into the bible
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
ATLgal:

Hischild
Why dint God write it himself? Did he not know how to write in Hebrew?

Have you already read the words God wrote by His own finger?
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2011
The Roman catholic church in the form of the Lollard movement is primarilly responsible for this book, and even this had two distinct versions: Wycliff & John Purvey

Other versions include: Erasmus, Martin Luther, William Tyndale, Myles Coverdale, Isaac Collins, Isaiah Thomas, the Arch bishop of England, King James, Jane Aitken, Noah Webster e.t.c

The present book is a version known as KJV this was translated from the Bishops bible; there were 47 translators of the KJV: Lancelot Andrews (Bishop of Winchester); John Bois (Dean of Canterbury); Miles Smith (Bishop of Gloucester); Dr. Anthony Downes (Professor of Greek studies Oxford University); Dr. Richard Bancroft e.t.c
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2011
This bible is a FRAUD!

The book is NOT what it claims to be rather it is the compilation and plagiarization of variouis different stories from more older mythologies from around the world.

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2011
^true.

also the new testament was compiled by Emperor Constantine, who wrote it in order to suit his own political needs. its all load of c.rap. tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2011
marveouz:

Can anyone tell me who compiled the Bible and when? since its definitely not written all at the same time, when was it all brought together and who did it? I believe in God but i don't believe that "HE" will like to confuse his won.

God is not the author of confusion. It is only those who refuse to believe the truth but choose to believe the half truth and lies of the enemy of our souls that ends up being confused.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2011
This bible is a FRAUD!

The book is NOT what it claims to be, rather it is the compilation and plagiarization of variouis different stories from more older mythologies from around the world.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53am On Oct 31, 2011
marveouz:

The link below would help those who are diligently seeking for the answers to the question above.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/why-sixty-six
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 12:57am On Nov 03, 2011
The bible is a FRAUD!

Let the words sink into the inner most condon of my brain and set me FREE as I read this text.

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

The bible is a compilation of plagiarized text from ancient religions and stories from around the world; the contents and characters of which have been re-packaged, sexed-up or simply altogether made-up.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Nov 03, 2011
Remember to take your prescribed medication!
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 1:21am On Nov 03, 2011
Remember to THINK
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Nov 03, 2011
Why take panadol for another man's headache? Don't take the wrong medication!
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 2:02am On Nov 03, 2011
The Roman catholic church in the form of the Lollard movement is primarilly responsible for this book, and even this had two distinct versions: Wycliff & John Purvey

Other versions include: Erasmus, Martin Luther, William Tyndale, Myles Coverdale, Isaac Collins, Isaiah Thomas, the Arch bishop of England, King James, Jane Aitken, Noah Webster e.t.c

The present book is a version known as KJV this was translated from the Bishops bible; there were 47 translators of the KJV: Lancelot Andrews (Bishop of Winchester); John Bois (Dean of Canterbury); Miles Smith (Bishop of Gloucester); Dr. Anthony Downes (Professor of Greek studies Oxford University); Dr. Richard Bancroft e.t.c
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Men wrote the bible and out of their own imagination. . . . cool

For far too long priests and preachers have completely ignored the vicious criminal acts that the Bible promotes. The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout angry angry.

This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children. I have included references to the Biblical passages, so grab your Bible and follow along. You can also follow along with on-line Bibles such as BibleStudyTools.net or SkepticsAnnotatedBible.com.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2011
Gbam!
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Have you already read the words God wrote by His own finger?

Creation and the Finger of God
November 3, 2011.

"It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God?" (Exodus 31:17-18).

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Timothy 3:16), but this portion of Scripture was given by direct inscription of God!  Moses testified: "The LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly" (Deuteronomy 9:10).  "He wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments" (Exodus 34:28).  Thus, out of all the Holy Scriptures, God chose to write this section, not through one of His prophets, but with His own finger!  It should, therefore, be taken literally and most seriously.

It is also significant that these commandments were structured around a weekly day of rest, "remembering" God's creation week--six days of creating and making everything in heaven and earth, followed by a sanctified day of rest and refreshment (note also Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 1:31-2:3).  Ever since the creation, people have observed a weekly calendar.  The seven-day week (unlike the day, month, and year) has no astronomical basis at all.  People keep time in weeks simply because God did!  Even those who deny the six-day week of creation must observe it, for their biological rhythms are constructed that way by God.  "The sabbath was made for man," said Jesus (Mark 2:27).  Since God considered the truth of the literal creation week so important that He inscribed it Himself, we should believe this portion of His Word first of all. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by Amujale(m): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2011
The bible is a FRAUD!

Let the words sink into the inner most condon of my brain and set me FREE as I read this text

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

The bible is a compilation of plagiarized text from ancient religions and stories from around the world; the contents and characters of which have been re-packaged, sexed-up or simply altogether made-up.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2011
The bible is a FRAUD!

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2011
Amujale:

The bible is a FRAUD!

Let the words sink into the inner most condon of my brain and set me FREE as I read this text

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

PAGAN 9JA:

The bible is a FRAUD!

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat this mantra till you turn blue your faces the fact remains that the Bible is fresher than tomorrow's newspaper.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2011
the newspaper is fresher than that ugly book.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Bible.? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
[12]"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) / If There Is God, I Think He Owe Me An Apology / Should I Pretend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.