Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices (6580 Views)

List Of All Accredited Jamb Cbt Registration And Examination Centres / Who Is To Be Blamed For Examination Malpractices In Nigeria? / The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Closing And Examination Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by maasoap(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2011
Is it justifiable for brilliant students to go into examination malpractices popularly known as "exam machinery" just because of lack of financial support from the family members? This is because the rate at which brilliant students are being involved in exam malpractices in Nigeria is very alarming. You just need to see how they organise candidates for different examinations with the excuse that there is no other ways or means to make money being a student in Nigeria. What is your opinion?
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Dstar4u(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2011
our government are the one supposed to sue for such an issue because there are some that has a great thing to impact in this country xpecially in aspect of science/tech with their knowledge but no one to sponsor and no assistance rom govt. but despite all these it is not encourage to go into exam malpratice because there are some other ways to make money through their intelligence.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by iice(f): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2011
Do you mean they write for other students?
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by jamace(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^ I think that's what is meant.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by iice(f): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2011
Maybe not all 'brilliant' people are hardworking or innovative. 
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Dgunnerz(m): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2011
"Use what you have to get what you need".
Am I right?
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by marcus1234: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2011
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by beknown(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2011
'Brilliant' students are not helping themselves or the nation by engaging in exam malpractices or 'exam machinery'.

I will recommend prosecution for offenders and if found guilty, imprisonment of at least 10 years for culprits.

Exam malpractices is the beginning of corrupt behaviour in our country.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Osama10(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2011
What is wrong is wrong,whether we have a reason or not.

Brilliant students involving themselves in exam malpractice is wrong.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by WebSurfer(m): 11:29am On Oct 23, 2011
using what they have to get what they want, since its 9ja
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by abiolag(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2011
dem dey try to assist their brodas who cannot pass.may God help dis our sick country
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by vb0mb(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2011
No sense of reason or thought should justify one in writing exams for another person. Thats a criminal act, this breeds corruption.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2011
There are some situations that makes one involve in exams malpractises known as 'mechinery' and nt necessary because of the money.
I could remember i indulged in the act of exams practises while in sch. I helped a friend of mine who was pregnant. Is dat justifiable?
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by MrResource(m): 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2011
Dgunnerz:

"Use what you have to get what you need".
Am I right?

exactly!
Lots of reasons though,
1) sympathy
2) money
3) fun
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by ifyalways(f): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Topic,Machinery and imperosnation is wrong but some times cos our educational system sucks,one has no option than to "help" a friend.

I have situations whereby a student is seriously sick or pregnant and in labor and the school authorities claim they wud be unable to let a such a person get on his/her feet and come write the missed paper.

We are all humane,somehow a friend might volunteer to "help" another against all odds.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by wiseman2011(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
Fellow Nigerian nothing justify u to be involued in exam malpractice or mechinary as the case may be because there are other legitimate means of earning a living. why go into crime b4 .
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Ekiti1: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
I must confess I was once a 'machinery'  tho I have my own reasons 4 enaging in the act. But as someone pointed out it is unjustifed no matter the reason(s).
BTW the school or examination bodies are also culprits.
beknown:

'Brilliant' students are not helping themselves or the nation by engaging in exam malpractices or 'exam machinery'.

I will recommend prosecution for offenders and if found guilty, imprisonment of at least 10 years for culprits.

Exam malpractices is the beginning of corrupt behaviour in our country.

*clears throat* ahem, Bros, no be me & u jam 4 that exam hall when u come write 4 ya girlfriend?
Lol. Na joke I dey o!
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by freepeople: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
maasoap:

Is it justifiable for brilliant students to go into examination malpractices popularly known as "exam machinery"

It's justifiable. Are you okay with that?

maasoap:

just because of lack of financial support from the family members?

That makes it more justified. In don't know how I would have survived from 1999 to 2007, if not for exam runs. Nigeria is a failed state with failed educational system. Don't point your accusing finger @ me because 4 of them are pointing back at you. There is nothing else that I can do back then to support myself, so I used what I have to get what I want. The blame should be on government. The education sector should be reformed and well-funded inorder to improve the quality of teachers. The effect of the above will trickle down to the students.

maasoap:

This is because the rate at which brilliant  embarassed students are being involved in exam malpractices in Nigeria is very alarming.

I can't describe myself with that word. I leave that to my clients

maasoap:

excuse that there is no other ways or means to make money being a student in Nigeria.

OP can you suggest other means to make money in Nigeria as a student? Your opinion will be valued. Thank you wink
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by indoorlove(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
Exam malpractise is bad, nobody is disputing that, but there 're many reasons that could lead one to it, i once seat 4 a friend of mine when he was unable to get his mathematics credited at o'level after 3 seating. Now he is in 200l, with 2nd class upper, mass com. Does it mean he's not brilliant? No! If i had not help out, probably still strugling with o'level exam. Evrybody can not be desame, some are good in calculations, some are not. Though i hv promise myself never to involve in such game again.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
Well, to be frank, I once was a machinery or whatever you call it back in the day. Most of my clients where rich kids whose parents have milked this country dry.

Is it justifiable? That is another question altogether and I don't intend to go in details. I had suggest you go ask your politicians that question whom have made this country a virtual failed state as the guy above pointed out.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by tollu: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2011
Mercenary exam writers, Totally unjustifiable.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Gbenge77(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2011
its a very egregious act which should be discouraged.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Kmaster2010(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
Gbenge 77:

its a very egregious act which should be discouraged.
tell dat to d government
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by shumno(f): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
It is totally, completely and absolutely wrong to engage in this kind and every other kind of exam malpractice. I mean gone are the days when people write exams by themselves and pass. Almost every one is involved in this crime and even parents are guilty of encouraging such. May God rescue us, amen.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
i have written 4 people. . .nd a few hav written 4 me. . .

Itz even doz dat use d *machines* dat get 2nd class uppa. . . Den u xpect me to jonse??

All ov u dat re condemning me. . . Wil u employ me??

Tell shi*t to d government!

Tel it to doz dat earn milions without even knwin hw to sing d national anthem. .

U xpect me to ruin ma own result cus am tryin to play good in a bad country?

Av only used dem twice sef. . .bt av written uncountables. . .
If dere is a need. . . I*l use a machine witout tinkin twice. .
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by olsmade(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2011
Quite commonplace now. Once had an offer to write SAT for a classmate's elder brother but kindly turned it down - was offered like 10k at d time. Its just a reflection of how morally decadent we av become. Its convenient to always point accusing fingers @ d government but what av we done in our capacities as citizens. It is wrong. Lets fight against it in all its ramifications.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by jumobi1(m): 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2011
I can't judge this matter but they are creating compettion for themselves.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by yamakuza: 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
tollu:

Mercenary exam writers, Totally unjustifiable.

ya.

Mercenary, not machinery.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by beknown(m): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2011
All,

If ordinary Nigerians think and behave like this, Nigeria is in serious trouble.

The messages in this discussion shows why our country, Nigeria, will take a long time to combat corruption. It is now clear that our educational institutions are breeding ground for corruption.

No wonder we have corrupt leaders in abundance in Nigeria.
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by DisGuy: 1:10am On Oct 24, 2011
yamakuza:

ya.

Mercenary, not machinery.

you know!! everyone quoting the 'word' like the word itself didn't exist lol

freepeople:

It's justifiable. Are you okay with that?

That makes it more justified. In don't know how I would have survived from 1999 to 2007, if not for exam runs. Nigeria is a failed state with failed educational system. Don't point your accusing finger @ me because 4 of them are pointing back at you. There is nothing else that I can do back then to support myself, so I used what I have to get what I want. The blame should be on government. The education sector should be reformed and well-funded inorder to improve the quality of teachers. The effect of the above will trickle down to the students.

I can't describe myself with that word. I leave that to my clients

OP can you suggest other means to make money in Nigeria as a student? Your opinion will be valued. Thank you wink

Set up a lesson or exam crash courses for less confident students, like 1 on 1 or 1: 4 voila!!
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by Jidefido(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2011
Its a means of survival for them.we ve dem plenty who re extremely intelligent bt from poor backgrounds and as such help other students write exams.u will even see masters students writing for undergraduates, dats NAIJA for u
Re: Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices by freepeople: 7:37am On Oct 24, 2011
Dis Guy:

Set up a lesson or exam crash courses for less confident students, like 1 on 1 or 1: 4 voila!!

Thanks for your nice suggestion. wink I must tell that most of the Nigerian students don't want to learn. It's an attitudinal problem. Though not unexpected in a country where mediocrity is celebrated. I set up a lesson centre 12yrs ago with the aim of brushing up students in sciences and to make money to support myself. Alas! the centre closed down within months. Part of my failure is due to my refusal to incorporate exam mercenary as part of my activities. That's the first time I realized that most of the students are not ready to learn. All they want the shortcut to pass exams. sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pregnant Chimpanzee / ASUU Strike Update / 10 Most Heavily Guarded And Secured Locations On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.