Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti (2597 Views)

Stolen Funds: No Plea Bargain — FG / Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by OAM4J: 4:46am On Oct 21, 2011
[size=13pt]ICPC recovered N12bn stolen funds —Olamiti[/size]

Written by Idowu Samuel Friday, 21 October 2011

THE Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), on Thursday, said its battle against corruption over the years has been yielding dividends.

The ICPC said it had been able to recover stolen funds from public officials to the tune of N12 billion and had remitted same to government coffers.

The national co-ordinator of ICPC’s National Volunteers Corps (NAVC), Mr Folu Olamiti, made this known during a ceremony marking the launch of Abuja chapter of the corps, stressing that the new initiatives by the anti-graft agency were good enough to reduce acts of corruption to the barest minimum in no distant future.

He said the new methods adopted by ICPC in fighting corruption had worked effectively in countries like Singapore, United Arab Emirate, Malaysia, Botswana and other countries, and enjoined members of the Volunteers Corps to work hard in taming the menace of corruption in their areas of operation.

He said, “ NAVC, FCT chapter, is an important chapter that would be closely supported and monitored by the commission. The spillover effects of its activities should help in reducing the attendant problems of corruption in all Federal Government offices. The activities of NAVC in FCT have the potential of supporting President Goodluck Jonathan’s transformation agenda through the fight against corruption and other related offences.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/30047-icpc-recovered-n12bn-stolen-funds-olamiti
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 21, 2011
Been a while, since I heard the name "Folu", I hear "Tolu" more often.

Is it Foluwa, Foluremi, Foluwagbo?

Anywaz, is ICPC diff from EFCC?
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Rhino5dm: 5:21am On Oct 21, 2011
They are both toothless,stuupid and non functional. I guess they are thesame.

Ileke-IdI:

Been a while, since I heard the name "Folu", I hear "Tolu" more often.

Is it Foluwa, Foluremi, Foluwagbo?

Anywaz, is ICPC diff from EFCC?
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Pukkah: 8:51am On Oct 21, 2011
Is ICPC still breathing? Who are the public officials from whom the funds were recovered? What punishment did they get? How many cases is ICPC working on now?

I guess this clay-footed agency is trying to justify its existence as calls for the government to cut its running costs continue to top discussions.
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

They are both toothless,stuupid and non functional. I guess they are thesame.

Yeah you are correct, Just that EFCC works for Obasanjo, Thereby making it more popular
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Gbenge77(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2011
its a pity Icpc has not really been effective,one must say.
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by engrj(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2011
so were is de money smiley smiley
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by saperpsms: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2011
ICPC or Govt., please show us how/what you did with the ones you have recovered from inception and how/what this one will be used for?
Am waiting,
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Kx: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2011
engr j:

so were is de money smiley smiley
Its in the same place like recovered Abacha's loot.Vicious cycle.
You guess where.
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Muttex(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2011
Pls sorry my pple, how do i start a new topic on nairaland, i have some burning in my heart to share pls, help
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2011
Where is abacha's loot ? Where is tafa balogun's loot ? Where are the money recovered from yahoo boys and politicians all these while ? Icpc ko,opc ni.
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Muttex(m): 11:12am On Oct 21, 2011
Pls sorry my pple, how do i start a new topic on nairaland, i have some burning in my heart to share pls, help
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by johndavid1(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2011
Good work kip it up plssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by alexola20(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2011
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Muttex(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2011
@Alexola2o, thank you my man, i really appreciate it a lot
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by mikron(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
are they (ICPC) sure they remited the said amount to Govt coffers? So they keep telling us o! During abdusalami/OBJ's adminstrtn Abacha's looted funds were recovered but as always the monies dis-appeared into God knws where. Like a dog we dey sidon dey look
Re: ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti by Progreen: 11:17am On Oct 22, 2011
mikron:

are they (ICPC) sure they remited the said amount to Govt coffers? So they keep telling us o! During abdusalami/OBJ's adminstrtn Abacha's looted funds were recovered but as always the monies dis-appeared into God knws where. Like a dog we dey sidon dey look

Ole gbe, ole gba

(1) (Reply)

Anxiety, As Container Laden Lagos-kano Train Stranded / Why Does Young Nelson Mandela Look Kinda Chinese? / Boko Haram Is Armed Wing Of Opposition Party – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.