Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,861 members, 7,899,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades (224 Views)

Ever Had A Crush On Someone But U Were BothFrom Nija Tribes That Dont Get Along? / Ladies: A Man That Cheats But Provides VS A Man That Dont Cheat But Cant Provide / Any Lady Above 22 Years Of Age, That Dont Have A Handwork Is Not A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades by Ilamina(f): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
I am terrified of juju but

I watch masquerades because my house in the village is opposite where they play some cool masquerades

Watch from far, never go near

So I watch it from my balcony upstairs and i have a good view
And my grandmothers house, is opposite where they Play some cool ass masquerades too

But I rarely go to watch it live
But when I was much younger, I went several times because some of my family members used too take me. .but very protective of me because I was scared of masquerades

Masquerade plays are usually rowdy and violent
The way, they flog people

No wonder, the oyibo man came to Africa and condemned masquerade. .it's a very unsafe stuff

But I know some Nigerians who claim they don't watch masquerades at all because of their strict Christian upbringing and not wanting to associate with primitive African practices

I wonder how they do it, those drums , music is very tempting

I am going back to Nigeria soon, I will try and not watch it at all

But my house is opposite the temptation grin
Re: Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades by iamtardey: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
I love masquerade I have bajjillion memories of masquerade in the village
Re: Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades by Ilamina(f): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
iamtardey:
I love masquerade I have bajjillion memories of masquerade in the village
are you igbo
Re: Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades by iamtardey: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ilamina:
are you igbo
cool
Re: Nigerians That Dont Watch Masquerades by finallybusy: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
Body dey sweet me. Once this one go back village, Nairaland go rest. Praise the Lord!

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Kwenu / "I Know You Love Me" (the Overdose) / Nairaland Ladies Are Too Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.