Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride (2294 Views)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by deltalife(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
A friend of my requested a requirement for traditional mariage, (The bride already in the mans house) and the "list of things to buy" even before the bride price is so outrageous. woman in question is even without any home training, stoped school @ JSS-3 and can hardly contribut reasonable to the home. My guy is even begining to change his mind from doing anything at all. So

Should Bride price in Nigeria fixed or nagotiation based on training given to the Bride?
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Outstrip(f): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
Get rid of bride price. I find it offensive
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
Outstrip:

Get rid of bride price. I find it offensive

Lol . . . soon, many lady will be begging their family to let go of the bride price, cos men will be running . . .
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Outstrip(f): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
Would you blame them. I understand the fun of doing the traditions but at this stage it should really be about the fun not the actual money. It is just silly. When they start treating their daughter like a piece of couch they will be upset. Greedy parents. I remember when my friend was getting married and they instructed her husband to be to buy a goat. Can you believe that some uncles who she is not even close to said the goat was not mature enough and returned it. Rubbish and nonsense.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by femmy2010(m): 4:46am On Oct 22, 2011
Lol
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by deltalife(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
Many Nigerians are victims of Credit Wife to day as a result of outrageous demands from the parents.
I have seven sis and four is maried, the remaining three engaged, One is going this December, and they are really(truely) happy with their marrage because their husbands treat them like queen which is my Dad's number 1 requirement. The joy of the peace they enjoy is really keeping ma Dad fresh nd alive.

how I wish I had come in another family nd got somebody from ma family. grin
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Ndipe(m): 1:38am On Oct 25, 2011
It should be a token set by the groom himself. In that way, he will be fulfilling his traditional responsibilities as a provider without necessarily going into bankruptcy to fulfill tradition. Besides the girl will maintain her dignity because the man wont say he bought her over to his house with money.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by mafolayomi(f): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2011
and what if the Husby to be's family ar the one insisting on the list even when d bride's family does not want to give? cos i can rem dat during our intro, my father inlwa was the one insisting that my family must provide a list, for just an introduction o. he said they ar Igbo dat dey cant go to inlaw's house empty handed. but my family insisted that its not necessary. he made sure my husby still bought things o, very funny smiley smiley
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by deltalife(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2011
Its not as if its a crime or bad, even Bible confirm this. But the outrageous sum and some unecessary things beings that cumulate the sum.

E.G. This one Na for the mother alone ooo, and what training was given to this daughter?[size=8pt][/size]

Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Ndipe(m): 1:16am On Oct 27, 2011
I dont blame Nigerian men who decide to marry black Americans/Whites. In that way, they escape the demands of tradition.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by deltalife(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2011
Ndipe:

I dont blame Nigerian men who decide to marry black Americans/Whites. In that way, they escape the demands of tradition.

It is not traditional, its just the greediness in our Men, its not wise at all.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Oct 28, 2011
In Igboland the bride price is very symbolic, it is the single point that proves that the girl was legally married. We call it 'izu ahia nwanyi' which means beating the price for the bride. It is by this agreement that seals the girl was exchanged for something, usually peanuts if its in my family. I collected N100 last year to give out my cousin (while acting the place of her dad as the man is late) During the negotiation stage, my family insisted they bring N10,000 as bride price, they paid and in front of everyone, I extracted one bill of N100 and gave them the rest N9,900.00 to use as my family advance for her upkeep. We told the husband that we are not interested in his money, but we are very interested in his taking care of our daughter.

We should not make the bride price huge or scary, it is just the symbol of agreement to release the bride by her family. Education, beauty, her position or assets should not have anything to do with the bride price. You cannot ever recover all you spent on your daughter from her husband same day she is getting married. Families should make the marriage as stress free as possible.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by Dmouthed(m): 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
[quote . Families should make the marriage as stress free as possible.
[quote][/quote]

Thank you. Some brides does not have training whatso ever not even an elementary Edu so somethings should be considered.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by deltalife(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2011
mafolayomi:

and what if the Husby to be's family ar the one insisting on the list even when d bride's family does not want to give? cos i can rem dat during our intro, my father inlwa was the one insisting that my family must provide a list, for just an introduction o. he said they ar Igbo dat dey cant go to inlaw's house empty handed. but my family insisted that its not necessary. he made sure my husby still bought things o, very funny smiley smiley

I think its reasonable in every wise for a good prospect to hold something when visiting his Father-inlaw but that uotrageous BILL hing should not be encouraged at all. mostly porpula in Igbo land as it is wrong.
Re: Bride Price In Nigeria Fixed Or Nagotiation Based On Training Given To The Bride by smarthG(f): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2011
sad cry

(1) (Reply)

Her Parents Refused My Marriage Proposal And She Is Already Pregnant For Me. / Facebook Love Tears Marriage Apart (very Touching) / Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.