Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36708 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by afrobaby(f): 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
I don't judge, cos am not righteous, but am a christian and a realist,
If kissing my husband, note my husband, in public will make unbelievers not to accept christ, then I will stop kissing him in public, what is most important to me is to bring people to salvation.
My point really i this, if buying jets or so many jeeps or owing an oil rig will make people draw away from God, then God help me, I will rather not buy them.
If the jet is for evangelism to international ministries, why dont we save everyone in our local country first, and allow ministers in those countries to preach to them.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by beey2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
plappville (f)
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Feel free to make additions
« #12 on: October 22, 2011, 07:19 AM »

My heart beats me in pains, this video is hurting.
What will 3 jets do for a man of God if he is to follow Jesus?
This is not judging, how can there still be poverty in children from a village of a man of God that owns 3 jet?
What will a 30jeeps do in the kingdom of God? Is God bias that he gave them all these wealth and allow some of thier church members to walk under the rain after  church service?? This is a greedy and a wicked act, it seems they are in competition.
If all of them could turn fully to Christ doings, that is. Having the believe that this earth is a temporary stay, they will not be getting richer and their members and villages are getting poorer. Maybe God made them rich so they can give to the poor, he encourages us to help the poor. I be small cryfish where all these men are, talk least, yet i still visited the poor, even ashame because they are alot and when u cant reach all at a time it becomes very sad in heart. These ppl appreciate even 1€. This let u know how poor they are. Some are stock in hospital no money to pay bills yet Almighty Nigeria is a very religious Country that owns billoniar men of God. I beg i dey vex!!!!! God do something(( 30 jeeps,3 jets and yet confortable to make heaven why people in your village are dieing of hunger ?? I ceased here.

People like you are the reason why most honest MOG don't go far in their ministry, you backbite, nag and plot for their down fall. You can never hide God's blessing, if you are bessed by Almighty God it will definitely show either you or your enemies like it or not. If you built a house you definately can not hide it under your pillow. People like you (Plappvile) go to MOG for obnoxious and dubious reasons, collect money from the church fraudulently all for the false belive that tithe and offering belongs to the pastor alone! Move closer and get to know people (Widows & orphan who are honestly needy) being helped by Good MOG like Baba Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo. We discovered that there are wealthy widows and orphan pls let's allow these matter of Tithing and offering to rest. ma piece of hart.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by beey2(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Afrobaby even Jesus Christ did not saved everybody in Jerusalem and traveled oversea spreading the Gospel to those who believed in Him. I havent seen anything wrong in preaching the Gospel abroad that explains why we also have foreign Ministers coming to evangelize in Naija e.g Bonnke R.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by juventino: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
Frosbel, you are blessed. To support this thread, you guys can click the link below to know the origin of this fakes. it's very interesting if you can take your time to watch. They are 4 sessions in all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ks3EdMMT48
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by emmanuel4j: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
I know a lot of people would probably think the video’s description of those pastors is accurate. But let me show you some wicked reasoning behind that video.
That video has been posted by someone who has carefully targeted only certain rich pastors who happen to be rich, to be false. The question is would any issue be raised if these pastors were not rich? How come issues have not been raised about poor pastors being false by this video? Is this a fight against rich pastors or false prophets? By the way, is a prophet false by his message or by his wealth? I leave you to answer that.
Now from the video, it implies that the prophets are false because the wealth they have, have not been used to help the poor? Nevertheless this is a lie on its own, because these men are actively involved in nation building. The reachout Nigeria is an example, where Gods word is shared and various nation building activities are done for local communities(example, providing clean drinking water). I like the fact that the person who posted this video thinks the poor are important, nevertheless, Jesus said the ‘poor you would always have with you but you will not always have me’ (matt 26:10-15),He made this statement when Judas argued that the costly perfume spent on Jesus should have been sold and the money given to the poor? Now, by this statement Jesus made, I want to ask the individual who posted this video, this question; did Jesus by this statement show he had no regard for the poor? Please I need an answer. Nevertheless, I know very well that Jesus preached about giving to the poor and also multiplied food to feed 5,000 people.
Now I dare say that when Jesus himself walked this earth, his primary assignment was preaching the gospel, and not about building houses for the poor or buying clothes for them. This was because it is only the word of God that can change a man’s whole state including financially. The pastors there are just the product of accepting the word Jesus preached, and are preaching the same to the poor to help them come out of there state. God knows that poverty is not good, but when he sent his only son, instead of sending him to physically give them money, he sent him to give them the word of God. Thus, if the word of God is that important, then the right circumstances to preach it must be made available. This is where money comes in, don’t tell me that the Horse Jesus rode to Jerusalem on his triumphant entry was cheap, he demanded for the new one not the second new. This is not an argument though, the bible encourages us to give honour to whom it is due. If God thinks his word is so important, then the man he has committed his word to is also very important; hence deserves the best.
I would close my case with Elijah and the widow of Zarephath (1 kings 717:9-20) .Apparently the economic condition of Elijah and of that widow was very different. Elijah wasn’t thinking of dying because he had God taking care of him, whereas the woman was preparing to take her last meal and die. Yet God demanded that Elijah told the woman, to prepare the meal for Elijah. By this action, would you say that God did not have the poor at heart? Elijah simply told the woman Gods word and she obeyed and lived longer. God’s word is the answer, and all the pastors there preach the word of God to the people, the people are to believe Gods word for their miracle. God has never asked any man of God primarily to build bridges, but most of them still do such philanthropic activities because God is love.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by mabell: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
Firstly, I observed that a lot of refrences were made to the poor in their villages. My question is this, why I'd it the pastor that should better their lives, what happened to the goverment officials there? Even if the pastor helps them, how many famileis will he satisfy and for how long? Let's be real here. Secondly, I'm fully aware of the help pastors render to people and I can give instances: building of water bore holes in villages, picking children from the streets,feedingn housing and training them in good schools and some even assist their state goverment. Thirdly, have you mr poster ever thought about other upcoming pastors? I used to have one close to my former house. He had being there for years and still remained the same but I've encountered these bigger churches and pastors help the upcoming ones. When Jesus died on the cross,poverty was nailed with him. we should come to the realization that poverty died on the cross and if you have christ, you have wealth and riches. It we walk with this consciousness, we wouldn't have time to discuss pastors wealth because they are also walking in that consciousness.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by EagleNest(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
While some of the Pastors mentioned in the video are instrumental to the explosion of pentecostalism in Nigeria and abroad, however I still think applying moderation in their display of wealth or God's blessing (any one) should have reflected self-control, maturity and model for other to follow but unfortunately it seems not the case. Looks like the private jet competition bug is getting at all of them and it is difficult to explain to anyone why a pastor should own 4 private jets in such a country like Nigeria where things are really terrible and much reasons why many go to churches to get solace. Moderation is the key !, even if you are so blessed like King Solomon!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
emmanuel4j:

That video has been posted by someone who has carefully targeted only certain rich pastors who happen to be rich, to be false. The question is would any issue be raised if these pastors were not rich? How come issues have not been raised about poor pastors being false by this video? Is this a fight against rich pastors or false prophets?

Falsehood has to do with doctrine and not financial status. Gods word tells us how to judge the doctrines. It has to do with their concept if the person of Jesus.

2 John 1:7
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Religious minded people use their carnal feeling to judge others. I won't be surprised if someone says to use a/c in the house is false. Afterall Jesus didn't use one!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by aletheia(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

I am a Christian and by the grace of God I shall own more than 4 private jets, IN FACT an airline.
My dream is to have a fleet of emergency rescue jets and helicopters to rescue patients and others in critical conditions.

Now how many of our billionaires have thought of that?

One spent N300 million to pamper his daughter.
But how many people from his state has he given scholarships?

How many Almajiris did Dangote try to re-educate?
UNICEF once consulted me when I was 27 to produce illustrations on nomadic education for nomads in the north and the Almajiris can be educated and rehabilitated if all their rich men and women want to, but they prefer to use them like dogs and when Christians want to convert and minister to help them, they turn them to attack churches and pastors in the north.

Do you know how many people benefit from the largess of the RCCG for their education and welfare?
Our parish pays for those who are poor and when I was very broke over a decade ago, the parish gave me the exact amount I needed to pay the school fees of my youngest brother at a polytechnic in Ogun State.

Bishop Mike Okonkwo paid for the registration of my Christian publishing company and to start up with N30, 000 in 2000.

I was working in the office of the GO and Pastor E.A. Adeboye laid his hands on me to anoint and bless me and Rev. Wilson Badejo contributed to my fund for the first National Essay Competition I sponsored for secondary schools in Nigeria in 2003.

When you read my testimonies on this board, you will know that their blessings have been multiplied over 1000 fold so far.

Do you know how much I am worth today?
The last time I depended on my parents was when I was 17.
I was already a professional writer at 18.

Who among you can beat that record?
^What a self-glorifying paean to yourself. Likely alot of people here have already beaten that so-called record.

Who is a Christian? A slave of Christ.
The Greek word Χριστιανός (christianos)—meaning "follower of Christ"—comes from Χριστός (christos)—meaning "anointed one"[5]—with an adjectival ending borrowed from Latin to denote adhering to, or even belonging to, as in slave ownership
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. (Luke 17:10)
All I see above is a litany of I, I, I. . .and some so-called men of God.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by afrobaby(f): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
bee-y:

@Afrobaby even Jesus Christ did not saved everybody in Jerusalem and traveled oversea spreading the Gospel to those who believed in Him. I havent seen anything wrong in preaching the Gospel abroad that explains why we also have foreign Ministers coming to evangelize in Naija e.g Bonnke R.
I will appreciate if next time u wanna reply a post, do not ever reply to my post again, cos I didnt mention ur name nor did I respond to an individual on this thread, so responding to mine is not acceptable by me .
If u dont understand english, then u can as well keep quiet, u don't need to respond to every post u see, I can't see where I stated it was wrong to preach abroad, so next time, u shud read again and again before replying, Just a warning
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ngozianu(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
Poster pls remove this verses from your Bible

Jesus speaking in Mark 10vs 29: says If any Man Should leave house,father,mother,LANDS for my Sake and For the gospels sake,That man shall have a hundred fold of houses,lands etc with persecuitions(CRITICISMS) now in this world and the world to come eternal life.

2Cor 8 vs 9: For Ye know the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,that though he was rich(wealthy),but for your sakes he became poor that Ye through His poverty might be rich

Job 36 vs 11-12: If they Obey and Serve God they shall live their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure

Isaiah 1 vs 19: If You be willing and obedient to God you will Eat the best of the Land.

Job 22 vs 21-25

21Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.

22Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

23If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.

24Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.

25Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ngozianu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2011

Jesus speaking in Mark 10vs 29: says If any Man Should leave house,father,mother,LANDS for my Sake and For the gospels sake,That man shall have a hundred fold of houses,lands etc with persecuitions(CRITICISMS) now in this world and the world to come eternal life.

2Cor 8 vs 9: For Ye know the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,that though he was rich(wealthy),but for your sakes he became poor that Ye through His poverty might be rich

Job 36 vs 11-12: If they Obey and Serve God they shall live their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure

Isaiah 1 vs 19: If You be willing and obedient to God you will Eat the best of the Land.

Job 22 vs 21-25

21Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.

22Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

23If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.

24Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
ngozianu:

Job 22 vs 21-25

Thanks sister, Please also remove these verses from your BIBLE , I hope it is the KJV . grin

Luke 16:13 (NIV) "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Mat 6:19-21 (TEB) "Do not save riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, save riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are."

It is easy enough to "explain away" one or two verses to come to the conclusion we want. But what you are about to read is more than one or two verses: Scriptural teaching about money is clear, consistent, and radical. All is required, and the flesh must die to obey.

Be Content With Your Needs Being Met - Beware Of Materialism

Heb 13:5 (RSV) "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have."

Ps 37:7,16 (NAS) [/b]Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Better is the little of the righteous than the abundance of many wicked.

[b]Prov 23:4-5 (NIV)
Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

The Test of Riches and The Test of Poverty

1 Sam 2:7 (NIV) The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.

Prov 30:8-9 (NIV) , Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

If poverty is accompanied by physical dangers, prosperity is accompanied by spiritual dangers. God will often move us through both for the purpose of testing us.

Phil 4:11-13 (Phi) , For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry--of facing either plenty or poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

Phil 4:12 (NAS) I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

Phil 4:12-13 (Jer) I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich, too. I have been through my initiation and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty. There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength.

Will We Follow if Jesus Asks Us to Enter Poverty For a Season?

Mark 10:21-27,31 (Jer) Jesus looked steadily at him and loved him, and he said, "There is one thing you lack. Go and sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." But his face fell at these words and he went away sad, for he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were astounded by these words, but Jesus insisted, "My children," he said to them, "how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." They were more astonished than ever. "In that case," they said to one another, "who can be saved?" Jesus gazed at them. "For men," he said, "it is impossible, but not for God: because everything is possible for God, Many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by newmi(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
mabell:

Firstly, I observed that a lot of refrences were made to the poor in their villages. My question is this, why I'd it the pastor that should better their lives, what happened to the goverment officials there? Even if the pastor helps them, how many famileis will he satisfy and for how long? Let's be real here. Secondly, I'm fully aware of the help pastors render to people and I can give instances: building of water bore holes in villages, picking children from the streets,feedingn housing and training them in good schools and some even assist their state goverment. Thirdly, have you mr poster ever thought about other upcoming pastors? I used to have one close to my former house. He had being there for years and still remained the same but I've encountered these bigger churches and pastors help the upcoming ones. When Jesus died on the cross,poverty was nailed with him. we should come to the realization that poverty died on the cross and if you have christ, you have wealth and riches. It we walk with this consciousness, we wouldn't have time to discuss pastors wealth because they are also walking in that consciousness.
kudos
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Okijajuju1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
!!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by kulumo: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
Well Poster, i don't know if you don't want to live long and what exactly your motive is. Is it to mock God or the church? Are you doing it to disdain Christianity or what exactly do you seek to achieve through this topic? What you are doing is as dangerous. You want to play God or take the place of God, The Bible says there is only one Judge and that is God. I will advise people to keep off this discussion as it is mere idle talk and therefore lack intelligentsia. This forum is for sound minded Nigerians to discuss issues that will expand the minds of the good people of Nigeria, I can't find anything like that in your Topic, it lacks merit and as far as am concern is a dead topic and a product of a dull, irresponsible mind. Who made you a judge in something you know nothing about? I am almost certain you are megalomaniac and therefore you are so idle such that you are baffled by the ostentatious lifestyle of the preachers. if you fell its a easy way to make money, contact the corporate affairs commission and start one and lets see what you'll make of it ? or else keep off temple or alter matters.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by whosefault(f): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
The poster is very correct from his perspective. The question to the poster, how many lives have you touched, affected positively from your salary, if you are able to pick someone on the street and help the person without bias or return of favour, then God in heaven will reward you. I am not promoting any of these pastors because their path is with God, if they err; God knows how to deal with them like Saul for example.
The church give aides to widows and orphan, am also aware of scholarship program for Intelligent less privilege children into their N640,000.00 school. If they at least give scholarship to 10 students, that will be N6.4 million/year and since the scholarship program runs every year, it will turn out to be 6.4 million multiple by 4 for a four years program and by 5 for a five years program; that will be 25.6 million/annum or 32 million/annum every year for 40/50 students. Let’s say we pay title and offering and they use it to better the lives of other children that cannot afford it, aren’t we blessed by God. Several pastors are under the same payroll of the church planted everywhere in the country.
We have people that are supposed to affect lives by the position they are placed in the society by tax payers’ money, but what do they do…
Remain blessed and help those you can…
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
Hmmm, and this is the will of God?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Frosbel, i hope your postings so far were not borne out of jealousy and hatred for Rich Pastors? This is because there is time for sowing and reaping, you may be happy sowing evil seeds now but harvest time calamity may be worst for you and your cohorts. Remember, Galatians 6:7-8
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by lucabrasi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
wordtalk:

@lucabrasi,

There are very good points you raised, and the calm attitude intoned in your comments is exemplary. Thanks.

But I have a problem with this:

Re: the highlighted. I don't want to risk misreading what you said, but my comments are informed by the "you" in red quoted above.

You may not be wrong, but then I don't think money or financial contributions in churches should be controlled by one man or group of men - simply because they money does not belong to them but rather to the church/churches that made the contribution. The church in such a case is to decide what they would like the money to be used for, besides care for the poor, needy, vulnerable. If a church decides it wants to keep the money in the bank (which suggests that it accrues interests), then so be it. But such things would often open doors to those who write the cheques.

thanks brother,i understand what you are getting at but it was like a tongue in cheek comment if you look at most of the super churches and their congregations,if the MOGS really did spend the money they have saved in the bank on the needs and wants of their congregations lets be honest nothing will remain in the church coffers.you see the way i see it,one man controlling or a set of people controlling is not the real issue but using the money for its intended purpose is what is paramount.

for instance redeemed finances is not controlled by pastor adeboye,but being realistic he probably has a major say and the group of people in charge will not realistically go against his views at any given time.i met a white pastor in scotland doing charity stuffs and in the couple of times i have seen the man his clothes,shoes are tattered and for out so one day i asked him why he doesn't take a shoe and clothes from what people donate instead of wearing the tattered clothes but the man turned around and said if he did that then it was stealing.
he said those who donated those stuffs are donating it to charity,and not to him that unless they handed it to him,then he can't very well touch a single socks talk less of clothes.

when you raise these sort of issues people tend to try confusing you with scriptures or use the "touch not my anointed" bible verse to shut anyone up.this is why a lot of our MOG get away with a lot, they are men of GOD,they are not GODs
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
It appears that the 'itching ears ' sort are out here to shoot the measenger.

These are the sort of brethren that encourage the proliferation of Worldly compromising churches all over Nigeria.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by lucabrasi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
whosefault:

The poster is very correct from his perspective. The question to the poster, how many lives have you touched, affected positively from your salary, if you are able to pick someone on the street and help the person without bias or return of favour, then God in heaven will reward you. I am not promoting any of these pastors because their path is with God, if they err; God knows how to deal with them like Saul for example.
sir i beg to disagree.the poster is not a man of GOD. the poster has not been entrusted with billions of naira by his congregation and the poster does not ride in fleets of 4x4s,private jets while his congregation trek to and from church.there is nowhere in the bible GOD said we should see things like this and keep quiet,remember the paul that you mentioned was criticised so many times by the first christians?
the same paul and peter fought and argued so much that paul said at a point that he will not concern himself with anything else,other than christ and the gospel it is all there in the bible and we know where it is.the bible also said my people perish for lack of knowledge the lord has opened our eyes to what some of the MOGs are doing which is running contrary to the will of GOD and if we don't talk then we will perish with the knowledge.
if you go to any church in nigeria,you will find out that some families mostly poor are the ones vested with the dirty odd jobs,cleaning,heavy lifting e.t.c while some posh families do the easy nice bits and it will even continue to the next generation is that right?
whosefault:

The church give aides to widows and orphan, am also aware of scholarship program for Intelligent less privilege children into their N640,000.00 school. If they at least give scholarship to 10 students, that will be N6.4 million/year and since the scholarship program runs every year, it will turn out to be 6.4 million multiple by 4 for a four years program and by 5 for a five years program; that will be 25.6 million/annum or 32 million/annum every year for 40/50 students.
dont do your calculations that way,its like the governor of a state who is being accused of embezzlement saying that he spent 500 million,it might sound like a lot of money until you do it by the ratio of money realised and divide by the number of the poor and needy i the church.then you will realise its like a drop in the ocean
we are not asking MOGS to donate to the anglican church,or to islam or the babalawo religion,we are asking them to take care of their own congregation who donate the tithes and offerings.as far as i am concerned before my pastor or general overseer will think of buying a private jet the poorest the congregation should be riding a small 1.3 litre engine toyota on hire purchase or even a motorcycle.
i am not asking my pastor to pack the children of the poor into the university but to give them like a 60/70% discount towards tuition fees and books or subsidise them its called means tested benefits meaning they will check your finances,investigate before subsidising even if the church now decides that you have to be a member for so number of years i don't even mind.if you check how much private universities like covenant,redeemers e.t.c charges what a single student pays is enough to take care of at least 3 more students who are from poor backgrounds
whosefault:

Let’s say we pay title and offering and they use it to better the lives of other children that cannot afford it, aren’t we blessed by God. Several pastors are under the same payroll of the church planted everywhere in the country.
We have people that are supposed to affect lives by the position they are placed in the society by tax payers’ money, but what do they do…
Remain blessed and help those you can…

sir,the lives of the poor and vulnerable amongst the congregation is not changed by how many churches are planted.the only people who gains by a new church being planted are the new pastor and his mummy pastor,the pastor's children and the deacons it doesn't change anything amongst the congregation.
like i have written above let us not talk about the government because we are not asking the MOGS to take care of nigerians as a whole or those of other religions,we are asking them to emulate jesus christ and take care of their own congregation simple.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Guk: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
Whilst i do not serve as advocate for any Mission/Ministry/Church or individual Pastor, i would expect that the Poaster should have been balanced in his video. In my opinion, the video is extremely biased for a number of reasons i will enumerate below:

(1) If you condemn with video evidence, you should take the pains to investigate positives from these missions as well. RCCG has several social reformatory avenues that they use in reaching out to millions worldwide. They have African Missions which helps all over Africa. They donated to Quake victims. They have drug rehabilitation centres in Nigeria. They have homes for prostitutes etc.

(2) The church should influence govt to build roads; water; infrastructure etc not take over from the govt. Missions dont and are not setup to have machineries of govt. If you do that, its akin to a coup.

(3) For those who have criss crossed African countries by air you would know how destructive it can be to your body trying to fly from one country to the other. Does that justify the need to buy private jets?? if it does, so be it. Am sure the govt dosent exempt them from flying and parking charges.

(4) Personaly, i am not in support of building monstrosities in the name of building houses of worship but pls note, Money is needed to run these ministries and as far as i know, RCCG has a financial policy of setting aside 5% of certain income to support rural parishes.

(5) In the write up by the poster on Adeboye, he wrote that money is sent to HQ. That model has largely saved RCCG from financial scandal for decades. Money goes into a central pool from which every parish draws a rebate to run their individual parishes.

(6) About Pastoral scandals such as arm twisting people to collect money etc: I personaly blame the people who fall prey to it because a large % dont read & seek to understand the bible & therefore follow Pastors hook line & sinker. The bible clearly says that "The Bereans were more noble than the Thessalonicans in that after having heard the word, the went back home to crosscheck it" I dare say that those who fall prey never crosscheck. Same with this topic, a lot have drawn out their daggers based on the poster's video without seeking to crosscheck. The fotos of most of those planes were general pix picked on the internet.

In conclusion, there are truly false prophets around the whole world, please shine your eyes by the help of the Holy Spirit
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by franktolk(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
I never really wanted to comment, but I have to ;cos this thread is more of a misplaced priority.
1. Is it the responsibility of the Pastors or citizenry to repair the roads in Nigeria
2. Is it the responsibility of the Pastors or citizenry to guarantee good jobs,housing , food and shelter for the citizenry.

Nigeria has failed woefully, things have fallen apart completely and it will continue if we fail to hold our leaders responsible for the gross neglect of the citizenry.As long as polity in Nigeria is enshrined in tribalism instead of capability,as long as we fail to tackle corruption in the top echelon then Nigeria will continue to be a doomed state and we'll continue to see huge disparity amongst Nigerians.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
I watched the video with my mouth open. I don't know about any other pastor but I will speak for Sam Adeyemi. Before anyone makes accusations, please,please and please, be sure of what you are saying. How many of those churches have you attended? How do you know they don't help the poor and don't help the communities around them?

I attended Daystar all through the period I was in Lagos and I can tell you that Rev Sam Adeyemi doesn't own a jet o. He categorically debunked the accusation in church and told all church members that he doesn't have a jet. So pls, He DOESN'T have a private jet. He is one of the most down-to-earth and humble persons I know. Himself and his wife. We have charity programmes in the church for the poor and also for people who are having difficulties even though they are not poor. We have programmes for graduates, etc. If you are in the cell system, you will know that you cannot be in difficulty and go hungry or not have your issues attended to.

Some of the projects embarked upon: The army cantonment school that was burnt during the period when bomb explosives went off in Ikeja cantonment was refurbished by Daystar. If you attend the church or ask any of the memebers, they will tell you. Close to 200 million was spent on that project as the school was refurbished to standard and the damage was great. We had to build classroom blocks, standard toilets, computer labs, etc so you can imagine. it was a joy to see the happiness on the children's and teacher's faces. i digress anyway. He also wrote a mini-book in which the proceeds were to go to educating children all over the country.

Before I left lagos, daystar was working on Ikosi road. Also, the church transports members to church using airconditioned buses and the drivers are so respectful. I can mention more but I'll stop here. Why am i mentioning these? Because the video talked about the roads that church members come through to get to church. The video also mentioned transportation and we have buses that convey us depending on your location. His children are not schooling abroad and even if he wants to, and so? If you would send your children abroad wouldn't you?

Sam Adeyemi is a writer as well as a pastor. The Bible states that tithes be used to pay pastors as well as for the stranger, widows and orphaned and Daystar does all that. If he gets extra income, it is from his books and gifts which people would give him and any other extra investment he has made. I am a tithe payer and I pay to God and will keep paying.

accusation is a big thing so pls be careful. it is for God to judge and for us to do our parts as we are led to. seriously, for church members, its not about giving to God just so that you'll receive. In that case, some pastors are deceitful. It's about having the heart to give in the first place and loving God and your fellow man. That is why even philanthropists who are not Christians are still blessed because they keep giving. The more they give, the more blessed they are.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by BBDelta(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2011
YOU WANT THEM TO GIVE THEIR MONEY TO THE POOR, ABI, SO THAT VERY SOON WE WILL NOW HAVE ALL POOR PEOPLE IN NIGERIA, OR THAT THOSE IN THE VILLAGE RECEIVING FREE MONEY WILL NOW BECOME RICH AND THE PASTORS POOR ABI, OK YOU START BY GIVING YOUR COMPUTER, PHONE OR IPAD TO ONE POOR VILLAGE BOY OR GIRL BECAUSE HE / SHE NEEDS IT. PLS, AT POSTER SHOW EXAMPLE
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Natasha2(f): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
Wow  shocked shocked shocked I'm speechless for those of you calling government must the government do everything? If God has blessed a man so much then why can't that man help his fellow human? must we wait for the government? the Bible has commanded us to give because the poor will never cease from the earth, even If I have the money to buy 40 SUV's or 4 jets I wouldn't buy because there are so many other things to do with money.   
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
This an excerpt from a Christian taken from the Internet

I have spent a great deal of time researching this subject, pouring through all that Scripture says, and having to spend a lot of time on my knees as I have been deeply burdened by the amount of false teachers out there.

The Bible says a lot about false teachings and false prophets/teachers. We find in the Old Testament that God raised up prophets (Deut. 18:15-22) but false prophets were to be killed (Deut. 13:1-5, 18:20, Jer. 23:14-15).

In the New Testament, we see that false teaching is taken very seriously, although it doesn't involve physical death, only spiritual. God is truth so we don't have one without the other. "Remember, Christ rebuked the churches in Revelation 2-3 who had tolerated false teachers in their midst (Rev. 2:14-16;20-23). He expressly commended the Ephesian church for examining the claims of certain false apostles and exposing them as liars (Rev. 2:2). Churches have a clear duty to guard against false teachers who infiltrate. Christ Himself demands it."[1] Jude commands us to "contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints."

"Most Christians nowadays simply don't care about the prevalence of false doctrine, nor do they take seriously their duty to fight against apostasy."[2] John MacArthur says it this way, "Refusing to acknowledge and defend the revealed truth of God is a particularly stubborn and pernicious kind of unbelief."[3] He says elsewhere, "It seems there is no shortage of people nowadays willing to kill for a lie. Yet few seem to be willing to speak up for truth - much less die for it."[4] The famous preacher Charles Spurgeon said, "Nobody cares whether that which is preached is true or false. A sermon is a sermon whatever the subject; only, the shorter it is the better." He also said, "The spotless purity of truth must always be at war with the blackness of heresy and lies."[5] Let me lay out for you what the Bible says about this.

BIBLICAL BASIS
Does it sound "judgmental to call someone else's beliefs "false?" Absolutely, and we are commanded to do it throughout the Bible. Let’s see what Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John have to say about how to deal with false teachers.

Jesus:
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.”

Matthew 23:31, 35 “So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. . . so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.” [In this instance Jesus did not need to name the false teachers as He was face to face with them and calling them out publicly in the temple square.]

Matthew 24:10–13;24 "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. . . . For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect – if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time."

Paul:
2 Corinthians 11:13 “For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.”

Ephesians 5:11 "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

2 Thessalonians 3:6 "In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us."

2 Thessalonians 3:14 "If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed."

1 Timothy 1:3-4 "As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work - which is by faith."

1 Timothy 6:3-5 "If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain."

2 Timothy 2:16-18 “Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.”

2 Timothy 3:1-5 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God — having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, thy will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from truth and turn aside to myths."

2 Timothy 4:14 “Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.”

Titus 1:9-13 "He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach - and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth."

Titus 2:1 "You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine."

Titus 3:10 "Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him."

Peter:
2 Peter 2:1-3 "But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them – bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."

2 Peter 2:15-16a “Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; but he received a rebuke for his own transgression…”

John:
1 John 4:1-3 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, that spirit is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

2 John 1:10-11 "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work."

3 John 9-10 “I wrote something to the church; but Diotrephes, who loves to be first among them, does not accept what we say. For this reason, if I come, I will call attention to his deeds which he does, unjustly accusing us with wicked words; and not satisfied with this, he himself does not receive the brethren, either, and he forbids those who desire to do so and puts them out of the church.”

Likewise, the early church Fathers were so committed to the public rebuke of false teachers that they actually named heresies after the false teachers who promoted them (i.e., “Arianism” after Arius, “Pelagianism” after Pelagius, etc.).

Let me note that this is not something that is ambiguous and hard to define. Scripture is very clear in the "essentials" and most important doctrines. Let those who complain about naming false teachers state how Jesus and the apostles were wrong to confront those in error, personally and publicly. If they cannot do so, let them show that what we name as false teaching is, in fact, the truth. If they cannot do either, then let their mouths be stopped.

Let us all live under the authority of the Word of God, rather than embrace a sentimental, unbiblical approach for dealing with error in the church of Jesus Christ.

“Mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them” (Romans 16:17).
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by CGKing(m): 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2011
Useless muslim propaganda. Mr poster, what of ur alfas?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by 9jafreak: 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=16pt]wow, what a TRAGEDY for Christianity many of the rhetorics from the respondents
Read Matthew 7, 23 and 24 friends

Ye hypocrites! vipers! Jesus never shut up and prayed!

He flogged the capitalists out of the temple

He flogged corporation from the Church

But of course, they came back again. And the Temple got destroyed years later. Rebuilt it was, and now merely a dead religious symbol idolized by Jews, Muslims and Christians.
Where is 'Papa Idahosa?' Zoe Ministry? Once-holiness preaching (and living?) W.F. Kumuyi (the video missed him unfortunately)?

Where is A.A. Allen, ten times more anointed than the lots of them and all the other 'great faith healers'?

CHRISTIANITY WITHOUT CHRIST IS CORPORATION.

It is not that these MEN have always been bad. This is what happens when a man has MORE EXPERIENCE than Jesus in the Ministry (Jesus only had 3 and half) and GROWS TOO BIG to be a child and a MINISTER of (one who serves) the People

THINK friends (not a sin according to Jesus): All MAINSTREAM churches in Nigeria have departed from the simple, Jesus-dependent, People-centred religious institutions they once were to EMPIRES OF CONTROL. Deeper Life, Fire for Fire, RCCG, and so on have all become FRAUDS and insitutions where doctrines and customs of the 'fathers' have trampled upon the simple life of Jesus.

The solution is simple: READ THE FOUR GOSPELS FOR YOURSELF, independently and NOT WITH YOUR INDOCTRINATED CHURCH MIND (e.g. the one which says give and it shall be given to you means giving to church automatically). Read and do the seemingly impossible: THINK independently.

Until we separate Jesus from Christianity (the religious movement hijacked by Augustine and the rest of the patriarchs till date) even the very elect could be lost beyond redemption.

The challenge is to SAVE SOME.

Truth is, the road is NARROW, The Majority of Christians will NEVER MAKE IT!

Matthew 7
[/size]

THE BEST TEST OF CHRISTIANITY I found is Mark 10:42-45
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
What is wrong with these people? This is so ridiculous, everybody else is a false except you. Nobody fits into your theology. Thank God He's not man. You guys should go and do something worthwhile with your pharisaic lives. Even Jesus would be possessed by baalzebub in your assessments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Muslims In The UK Clean Up Street After New Year's Eve Celebrations / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.