Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36699 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2011
Graxie:

@ Davidylan
You will not understand d meaning of the post because you dont want 2.  Humility is a virtue, you can claim 2 know Christ with solid foundation, but does He know you? Are you doing His will on nairaland? How many souls with fake foundation are u shaping on nairaland?

While this is irrelevant to both yours and my comments, i will indulge you. DO YOU KNOW CHRIST? If you did then you would have absolutely no problems with discerning what is the true gospel from the false gospel flying around today. You would have no problems with identifying the right church or pastor . . . you would be grounded in the word instead of fretting over who is a false preacher or a true one.

All due respect to you and your experiences but it seems you dont understand what christianity is all about. get a bible. Humility is not synonymous with making people feel good even in error.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Graxie(f): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2011
@DAVIDYLAN,
This will b my last post here so dont bother. My being grounded in d word is for Me n not 4 u. Moreover, your way of answering pple especially when you dont share there idea is baffling. As I said n Thank God FROSBEL understood n dats y he opened another thread on which church 2 go, you can not be leading more pple 2 hell and claim 2 b a christian. You dont know pples background n their level, will that person just wake up and be grounded in the word? what if you are a christian who is yet 2 hear God clearly as per direction? is it everybody that knows how to discern? Is there no growth in CHRIST?
BYE N REMAIN IN YOUR ALL KNOWING DOMAIN.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2011
Graxie:

@DAVIDYLAN,
This will b my last post here so dont bother. My being grounded in d word is for Me n not 4 u. Moreover, your way of answering pple especially when you dont share there idea is baffling. As I said n Thank God FROSBEL understood n dats y he opened another thread on which church 2 go, you can not be leading more pple 2 hell and claim 2 b a christian. You dont know pples background n their level, will that person just wake up and be grounded in the word? what if you are a christian who is yet 2 hear God clearly as per direction? is it everybody that knows how to discern? Is there no growth in CHRIST?
BYE N REMAIN IN YOUR ALL KNOWING DOMAIN.

Quite a ridiculous post. Glorying in ignorance isnt the same as humility mind you.
How are you being led to hell by this thread? If anything at all this thread aims to alert the true sheep to the dangers of placing more of their faith in those who claim to be leaders. The bible and the bible only should be the barometer by which a christian is led and not branch of church or preaching style of the pastor. If exposing wolves in sheeps clothing is leading you to hell then you have a serious problem. Perhaps you need to go back to reading and discerning the word rather than jumping at every empty philosophy that comes from the pulpit.

You ma are most confused. Sorry to say.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Enigma(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
In light of Image123's posts in particular, here is something I first posted elsewhere: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762611.0.html#msg9189169

It is one thing to be honest but to get certain things wrong. That happens basically to every Christian, every Christian group or grouping, every Christian denomination (or "abomination" as some say  smiley ). In that case, criticism may still be necessary but its manner admittedly should be gentler.

On the other hand when it comes to deceit or when you are dealing with people who have infiltrated Christianity and deliberately want to pervert its teaching for personal gain or people who are reckless about its teaching as long as they make personal gain, or anti-Christs and other satanic agents, it will be very foolish to say "don't criticise" or "be gentle".

Jesus Christ was not gentle with the deceivers, he had very strong harsh words for them; the apostles were not gentle with deceivers, they had very strong and harsh words for them. In fact virtually each book of the New Testament warns against deceivers, false teachers and the like and often with strong and harsh words. In the first place the Bible urges us to "test every spirit" and if we find that we are dealing with contrarian spirits we must expose them and warn others; it is our duty to be vigilant and it is also our duty to be concerned about the welfare of the flock of Christ --- everywhere.

---- Duty to test every spirit
1 John 4
1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

--- Duty to contend for the faith
Jude
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. 4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

--- Jesus words about false teachers and deceivers
Matthew 7
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Matthew 24
5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

Also Matthew 24:11 etc

--- Apostolic warnings about false teachers and deceivers
2 Peter 2
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Jude
4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Acts 20
28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30[b] Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them[/b]. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

and several other places etc etc etc

One important last point to remember: the false teachers that Jesus and the apostles warn about are inside the Church; they have infiltrated and are still infiltrating the Church. If they do not claim to be Christians, it will be far easier to recognise them; but they come disguising themselves as agents angels of light (like satan their father) and that makes it harder for some well-meaning people to recognise them for what they are. If we are not watchful and if we keep saying "don't make negative comments" we will be negligent and open ourselves to being deceived; we will also be negligent in being shepherds of God's flock.

We don't want to end up like the people warned about in the passage below which is one of the things that could happen to those negligently or wilfully following false teachers!

1 Timothy 4
1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

1 Like

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Thanks enigma, i completely agree with what you've said above. I also fully believe that even if a person's like your eye or feet, and yet causes you to fall, then you cut him/her. We're to test EVERY spirit and at every time. That's discernment, and i guess you know that i do that as well here on nl. But condemning PEOPLE is what i'm wary of. It's better to speak against, contend with, and fight a doctrine, teaching or worldview,belief but not/maybe never a fellow human. We do not wrestle flesh and blood, we do not cast down human beings. There's NOBODY we can't learn one or two things from. But we test the spirit, the accordance with God's Word. If Demas does well, Paul greets him. If he does wrong, Paul tells. If Peter has a revelation from the Father, Jesus commends, if from satan Jesus rebukes. But to label a man who claims to be born again, a false prophet, it's hard to come by. Anything can happen, a man may repent tomorrow or backslide tomorrow. We look beyond him and at Jesus. It's a little different if he's dead and can't repent, and we fully know by God's spirit that he's false. It's better and biblical to fight/contend a man's errors, doctrine, or ways.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Enigma(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2011
@Image123

Sorry, I overlooked this yesterday. Of course, I get where you are coming from and you actually have a point about unnecessary "abuse"; also it is right to say that criticism should be primarily about doctrine i.e. of false doctrine. I think though that those words I emphasise leave room for "necessary" references to personalities and practices --- especially deceitful and fraudulent practices.

Cheers.  smiley
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Maykelly(f): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
frosbel cry cry cry cry cry cry cry am already crying and asking God for for-forgiveness on your behalf. Certainly you're DESTINY is to be checked whether it is still the way God made it to be.

[size=20pt]What you just published and title is worst that what the BOKO Haram and BIN Laden did.

Infact! You can do worst than that to your biological father. You acted upon what you know nothing about. I ask you just one question?

1.Did you see them or Him buying those jets?
2. Did you see the receipts of those Jets?
3. Is it a crime for Him to ride on Jets?
4. would he be using bare foot because some children are still suffering in Nigeria?
5. Have you for once insulted President of Nigeria outside where the armies are?

You have totally lost your head. What you have just published are noted in heaven by God. For you must SURELY give account of the Video and all your saying. [/size]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt] know that most Christians believe that God is a good and loving god, and wants people to do good things. I believe that most people want to do good things and behave morally. I also believe that many Christians haven’t really read the Bible, or just read certain passages in church. This is understandable, as the Bible is hard to read due to its archaic language and obscure references. Also many priests and preachers don’t like to read certain passages in the Bible because they present a message of hate not love.[/size]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
May kelly:

frosbel cry cry cry cry cry cry cry am already crying and asking God for for-forgiveness on your behalf. Certainly you're DESTINY is to be checked whether it is still the way God made it to be.

Reserve your crying for the poor children, the dying , the lost and the blaspheming of the name of our Lord Jesus Christ on a daily basis.

What you just published and title is worst that what the BOKO Haram and BIN Laden did.

Really !!

No

But they have the Jets

No

Yes, when 90% of the congregation are feeding from hand to mouth, looking for rent money and worrying to death about their children's education and welfare, it is a crime to spend billions of Naira on Jets. Why not travel by economy class.

Paul, Peter and the apostles preached on foot and donkey and yet they turned their world upside with the real gospel and real converts to show for it.

4. would he be using bare foot because some children are still suffering in Nigeria?

Ah okay , children suffering is no biggie.

Thanks for letting me know, I understand where you are coming from.

5. Have you for once insulted President of Nigeria outside where the armies are?

Insulted  undecided

If you think the video is an insult, I am sorry I cannot help you feel any different.

You have totally lost your head.

Yes I have, but for the sake of JESUS and what false prophets have done to the once pure gospel , turning it into a gospel of greed !

What you have just published are noted in heaven by God. For you must SURELY give account of the Video and all your saying.

That is between me and GOD.

One advice, follow JESUS and not MEN.

All of us are men of God and women of God. This title MOG is not the exclusive privilege of a few.

Just like the catholics call only a few chosen people saints, while we are all saints, if you get the gist.

God bless.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Maykelly(f): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
you can't certainly obey God when you do not respect his prophets, He sent them.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2011
^^^

How do you know they are ALL prophets.

You see this is what annoys me with Nigerians, they do not discern the truth and the times.

And this is the number 1 reason why multitudes are deceived.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Maykelly did u receive my message and my request on facebook ? [/size]

May kelly:

you can't certainly obey God when you do not respect his prophets, He sent them.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Maykelly(f): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
go to the Topic 'Repent' i have dropped a golden Word for you there.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2011
If you love these MOG , you will also love this song.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s1LJbzRulM?version=3&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]What exactly do u seek me to repent from damsel ? [/size]
May kelly:

go to the Topic 'Repent' i have dropped a golden Word for you there.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2011
May kelly:

[size=20pt]What you just published and title is worst that what the BOKO Haram and BIN Laden did.

Infact! You can do worst than that to your biological father. You acted upon what you know nothing about. I ask you just one question?

You have totally lost your head. What you have just published are noted in heaven by God. For you must SURELY give account of the Video and all your saying. [/size]

OMG!!! This is a good example of a brainwashed disillusioned person. Why not tell your pastor not to preach about prosperity and just preach about making heaven. You people just claim xtianity, you dont even know its origin apart from the history of a nation that was sold to you by the west to calm you down. What a shame. In 2011 we still can't think.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Maykelly(f): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2011
You lack Knowledge, Wisdom and  Understanding.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
May kelly:

You lack Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding.

What exactly is your point? If you have ever left portharcourt, i wonder if you've seen any priest buying a private jet, even the archbishops dont have private jet. You should see what Churches do for the community in other places apart from frica. They even donate money to charity for Africa. What have you people done? Nothing. Sit down there and be talking crap. Pastor worshipper.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by BERNIMOORE: 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ JOAGBAJE
MY REPLY,
SORRY I TRAVELLED FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS SO COULD NOT CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC,BUT I RECEVED YOURS AND ONE BY ONE I HAVE PREPARED THE REPLY,starting with the first luke 18;18-27.
RE:Luke 18:18-27 (King James Version)

(18).And a certain ruler asked him, saying , Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thoume good? none is good, save one, that is, God.(20)Thou knowest the commandments, Donot commit adultery , Donot kill , Donot steal , Donot bear false witness , Honourthy father and thy mother.(21)And he said , All these have I kept from my youth up. (22)Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come , follow me.(23)And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.(24)And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that have riches enterinto the kingdom of God!(25)For it iseasier for a camel to gothrough a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enterinto the kingdom of God.(26)And they that heard it said , Who then can besaved ? (27)And he said , The things which are impossible with men arepossible with God

Your reply to this bible verse,you just merely claimed without backing it with any bible verses or even logically in anyway whatsoever that that the man reffered to in this above bible verse by jesus,you claimed that ‘it was obvious that the man was not a giver’ and ‘that all of us must practice giving’as your reason why jesus made the above statements,
But contrary to your reason, jesus gave his own reasons in the same quoted verses,it reads;Verse( 23)’’And When He Heard This, He Was Very Sorrowful: For He Was Very Rich.(24)and When Jesus Saw That He Was Very Sorrowful, He Said , How Hardly Shall They That Have Riches Enter Into The Kingdom Of God!’’

Matthew 6:19-24 reads
Today's New International Version (TNIV)
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[a] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[b] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

What is very obvious here which jesus pointed out is that, the man,(certain ruler)have developed much attachment to his riches and therefore found it difficult or very hard according to jesus to detach himself from his riches.or the CONCERN OFTEN DEMANDED BY RICHES. Now compare with what jesus had earlier said in Mathew 6:19-24. Vs 21 clearly says that,’for where your treasures is,there your heart will also be. While vs 24 jesus clearly ruled out the possibility of anyone to pursue both riches and God , jesus likened ‘material prosperity’ or ‘riches’ to ‘’A MASTER’’,and ‘GOD’ another ‘’MASTER’’each demanding for our WHOLE,OR TOTAL LOYALTY,and that you only have ‘ONE CHOICE’ ONLY ……that verse 24 says ’’no one can slave for two masters,you can not slave for God and riches’.
Now compare with verses (25)of luke 18(quoted above says ‘’For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God’’ fits perfectly well.
Jesus reasoned that the attachment often demanded by riches makes it almost imposible or difficult or ‘hard’ for a rich man to leave their riches behind(because,riches often demands monitoring,to make money or riches,you need enough time,and to keep money or riches from being taken away,you need time) jesus demanded that the man ‘’certain ruler’’ in this luke chapter 18 after he must have sold all his belongings and distribute them to the poor,then he should follow him in the preaching work. disciple making work,unlike peter,simon who left their fishing promptly to follow jesus immediately when jesus demanded them to leave their fishing but rather,jesus said that ‘’ he will make them fishers of men’’ , peter does not feel any unbreakable attachment with his fishing job that could prevent him from following jesus,Matt 4:18-21. They abandon what they are doing to follow jesus.their fishing business was so simple that if they leave it for a while and come back to it,it would not suffer,because they keep the business simple,compare that with the ‘’certain ruler’’who could not part ways for one second with his riches and follow jesus.
If jesus was talking about ‘giving’,he would’nt have told the man to ‘’sell all’’ he has,and follow him,he would have told him to give part or half to the poor and gave the man clues on how to make more money.
But jesus said if he sells all he had and distribute to the poor,that the man ‘’would have’’ ‘treasures in heaven’.

now,Luke 18;28
New International Version (NIV)
( 28) Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”

The Conclusion Here Was That The Attachment Often Demanded By Material Riches Makes It Difficult To Serve God Than when Keeping Business simple And Having Time To Serve God.

lastly,Jesus concept of giving in the book of Mathew only emphasise that ‘if we must give,we should not give with the motive of receiving anything back (as a must),neither interest or favouritsm,or giving to people you know that are capable of paying back,no.infact jesus asked that if you do that you are not different from a sinner who gave without interest to his colleague,or give because his motive is to receive,no. jesus wants us to be better in the sense that if we give we should not expect instant return in proportion or increase with interest,we should have the trust or faith that god will be the one to reward us when due it may not neccesarilly be material returns it may come in other blessing like peace in your family or your daily need without stress.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^
I will go through and respond
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2011
BERNIMOORE:

Your reply to this bible verse,you just merely claimed without backing it with any bible verses  or even logically in anyway whatsoever that  that the man reffered to in this above bible verse by jesus,you claimed  that ‘it was obvious that the man was not a giver’ and ‘that all of us must practice giving’as your reason why jesus made the above statements,
But contrary to your reason, jesus gave his own reasons in the same quoted verses,it reads;Verse( 23)’’And When He Heard This, He Was Very Sorrowful: For He Was Very Rich.(24)and When Jesus Saw That He Was Very Sorrowful, He Said , How Hardly Shall They That Have Riches Enter Into The Kingdom Of God!’’

The bible is clear that the man did not want to part with his wealth, he is attached to them . Jesus wasnt against the man being rich. He had many rich desciples . He was against the man having attachment to riches . He trusts in his riches as his security . That is idolatry. And mammon. Such men find it hard to part with their belongings.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Matthew 6:19-24 reads
Today's New International Version (TNIV)
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
   22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[a] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
   24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

What is very obvious here which jesus pointed out is that, the man,(certain ruler)have developed much attachment to his riches and therefore  found it difficult or very hard according to jesus to detach himself from his riches.or the CONCERN OFTEN DEMANDED BY RICHES. Now compare with what jesus had earlier said in  Mathew 6:19-24. Vs 21 clearly says that,’for where your treasures is,there your  heart will also be.

I agree with you.

While vs 24 jesus clearly ruled out the possibility of anyone to pursue both riches  and God

I agree , we should not be pursuing riches.

Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be richcease from thine own wisdom.

But there is difference between a man who is pursuing riches and a man who simply receive what God has given.  In his presence there are pleasures for ever more.

Jesus reasoned  that the attachment often demanded by riches   makes it almost imposible or difficult or  ‘hard’ for a rich man to leave their riches behind(because,riches often demands monitoring,to make money or riches,you need enough time,and to keep money or riches from being taken away,you need time) 

I agree, but he is against the attachment  and not against being rich. Why did he ask Abraham to offer his Son? To be sure Abraham is not attached to the boy more than God. God wasn't against him having a son. And when Abraham proved it , God allowed him to keep his son.

God will always test us in this areas. Anything you are attach to, God may ask you to offer it. When you offer it, you prove your love for God and he blesses your eith more. Because YIUR ability to give it demonstrate your lack of attachment. That's why we give. Money,cars etc.

If jesus was talking about ‘giving’,he would’nt have told the man to ‘’sell all’’ he has,and follow him,he would have told him to give part or half to the poor and gave the man clues on how to make more money.
But jesus said if he sells  all he had and distribute to the poor,that the man  ‘’would have’’ ‘treasures in heaven’.

The treasure in heaven doesn't. Mean when we get to heaven.  It's like a bank account we draw from. We are in heaven already. It's like opening an account , a heavenly account where you can draw from , not for the future but in the now.

now,Luke 18;28
New International Version (NIV)
( 28) Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”

It's still the same thing. If Jesus was against material prosperity why will he be making promises of material prosperity to them.

Mark 10:28-30
Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. 29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, [/b]and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

lastly,Jesus concept of giving in the book of Mathew only emphasise that ‘if we must give,we should not give with the motive of receiving anything back

No sir , he was against us giving in the flesh, expecting the same people we give to to give us back as though they owe us. Rather he wants us to expect to receive from God.  It's a law , if you sow ,you should have faith for a harvest.

[b]Luke 6:38

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Galatians 6:7-9
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. . 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

The reason we have is to give, having is not a problem, lack of giving is the problem. When we practise giving as a life style we will be receiving. Its a law. As you receive more, you increase in your capacity to give bigger and on and on.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2011
Hi brethren,

I have gone through some of the comments on this post and I must confess I’ve learnt a lot. I will like to say one or two things and I pray the Holy Spirit will teach me what to say in accordance to the will and Word of God.

First, I will not call anybody (pastors, reverend, prophets etc) false prophets cause that will mean to ME, passing judgment on them. Notwithstanding, I will not shy away from declaring the truth as contained in God’s word.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
To my friends Joagbaje, wordtalk & co,

I believe you’re Christians and when I say “Christian” I don’t mean someone born into a Christian family, church “goer”, pastor, or church worker but someone who has seen his sinful and condemned state and has come to Jesus for atonement and whose name has been written in the book of life.

If the above is true, then you must totally trust and rely on the word of God for direction. Now, has there been anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostles supported the idea of pastors gathering wealth for earthly consumption?

Don’t let us answer yet. Let’s go to the word. Some NLs have sited some wonderful scriptures to support their assertions but I will love to start with quotations from brother Joagbaje:
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
First, I’ll love to correct one impression: whenever we see “rich” in the bible, it doesn’t necessarily connote earthly material possession.

Here the bible was not talking about earthly possessions; Christ was rich in heavenly glory as the very Son of the Most High God. He left those riches and glory was made sooooooo low and poor as to come in human flesh so that you and I can be joint heirs with Him and be partakers of His heavenly riches.

Our Lord was never interested in this sinful earthly wealth; that was why He could easily overcome the prince of this evil world when he (devil) tempted Him and promised to give Him the riches of this filthy world if only our Lord could bow down for him. Mat 4:8, 9.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
3 John 1:2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Brethren, the 3rd John was written to Gaius, a well-to-do born-again Christian who was faithfully using his money to help the less privileged brethren and strangers alike. He was faithfully helping preachers who were doing the work of God “after a godly sort,… taking nothing of the Gentiles” 3 John 6, 7.
So, going by what people reported of brother Gaius, Paul prayed for him that he “may proper and be in health, even as THY SOUL PROSPERS” Hence, his earthly prosperity is in response to the prosperity of the SOUL! No wonder the Lord saith: “seek ye first the Kingdom of God and ALL its righteousness and all other things will be added unto you”.

You should also note that in verse 7 it was reported that the pastors and preachers that Brother Gaius was ministering to financially took “nothing of the gentiles” They were faithfully discharging their duties without demanding for tithes and offering and seeds of faith. Their focus was on winning souls through preaching and not through costly seminars and symposiums. They were committed to increasing their heavenly riches and crowns rather than increasing perishable earthly riches.

We should also note that not all riches come from God as brother Joagbaje would have us believe; the owner of this sinful world is the devil; he controls the wealth of the world and he will give you riches beyond your wildest dreams (for a little while) if that will make him have your soul and peace for eternity. Adam and Eve have sold the world to the devil and this world will soon pass away and the riches therein.

But, the good news is: Jesus has come to deliver as many as would accept Him from the bondage of the devil and sin and He’s able to bless His own children with all they NEED and not what their flesh want. Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your NEED according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. Also from brother wordtalk: Acts 28:10 “Who also honored us with many honors; and when we departed, they laded us with such things as were NECESSARY!”

From the above therefore brethren, the Lord has not called the apostles to make MERCHANDISE of both saved and unsaved souls through their sugar-quoted orations but to work tirelessly to decongest hell and bring souls to the kingdom of God through preaching of the gospel of salvation by the precious blood of Jesus and prayers.

They should look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen for the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor 4: 18. Colossians 3:1 – 3
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
To my friends frosbel, abiamahart & co,

I want to thank God for your life and I agree with you that heresy and money worshipping should be rebuked in the church of God. In this generation, the only thing that easily competes with God in our life is MONEY.

Notwithstanding, calling these so-called Mogs names will never solve any problem neither will it cost the devil to relax his grip on them.

Remember:

1. The Lord never condemns anyone; He died so that the world might be saved. Therefore, we should pray for their conversion and/or restoration.

2. We do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. They are not the one working or deceiving the Christians, it is the devil
through them. So, let’s rebuke the devil by praying in season and out of season.

3. Fighting and debating on NL will solve little of the problems we’re talking about as not enough people visit the religion section of NL as compared to the
number of people God wants us to reach out to. Hence, lets’ lovingly expose the Word of God to everyone around us so that the truth might set them
free for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by God’s word. Remember the harvest is plenteous but the laborers are few!

Shalom!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
@Eben 2 (Eben I believe means Sword undecided)

God bless you and yours for the brilliant posts, I couoldn't agree more.

As I have stated on numerous posts, we will continue to pray for our brothers and sisters that have followed the money gospel of give in order to recieve of tithe, seed offering, faith offering, etc.

Quid pro quo giving is bribery(lobbying over here wink) at the very least, we really need to remember them in our every prayers and focus on Christ our REDEEMER.

Shalom.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
Eben 2:

To my friends Joagbaje, wordtalk & co,

I believe you’re Christians and when I say “Christian” I don’t mean someone born into a Christian family, church “goer”, pastor, or church worker but someone who has seen his sinful and condemned state and has come to Jesus for atonement and whose name has been written in the book of life.

If the above is true, then you must totally trust and rely on the word of God for direction. Now, has there been anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostles supported the idea of pastors gathering wealth for earthly consumption?

Don’t let us answer yet. Let’s go to the word. Some NLs have sited some wonderful scriptures to support their assertions but I will love to start with quotations from brother Joagbaje:

I may not reply your post in detail but I will try to summarise . I want you to know firstly that there is a difference between wellbeing and materialism. There are two sides to christian material prosperity.  the  first part is necessity (having your needs met) the second part is having more than enough to bless others. A christian who is not willing to be a blessing to others does not need to have more than enough. there is so much needs in the lives of people, and a man who lives from hands to mouth can't help anybody.

Eben 2:

2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

First, I’ll love to correct one impression: whenever we see “rich” in the bible, it doesn’t necessarily connote earthly material possession.

Here the bible was not talking about earthly possessions; Christ was rich in heavenly glory as the very Son of the Most High God. He left those riches and glory was made sooooooo low and poor as to come in human flesh so that you and I can be joint heirs with Him and be partakers of His heavenly riches.

Firstly to understand that passage, Jesus was not spiritually poor. He was full of the spirit without measure. He had the fullness of yhe Godhead terbsnacled in him. So he wasnt spiritually poor at all. His poverty has to do with material . Remember Paul made reference to this scripture while teaching people howv
to give .so he was talking about material supply. I agree that the use of the word "rich" may not be material in every scripture but in the passage , it's material riches. Look at the Greek meaning below.From strong concordance .

g4147. πλουτέω plouteō; from 4148 ; to be (or become) wealthy (literally or figuratively): — be increased with goods, (be made, wax) rich. AV (12) - be rich 7, be made rich 2, rich 1, wax rich 1, be increased with goods 1;
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 7:44am On Nov 17, 2011
Brother Joagbaje,

I am very glad that you agreed with me on a point. Wellbeing, materialism and having in order to bless others just like brother Gaius. Now, having fleet of cars (remember you cant drive more than one car at a time), landed properties, houses in exortic places and private jets with billions in your privates accounts, will you categorise this as materialism, wellbeing or having in order to bless others? Remember there are christians who are earnestly seeking for someone to lend them just N50,000 to start a business. Let's remember what happened with the true christians of the Acts of apostles - as many as a rich (without being sweet-tougued), sold what they have and shared things among themselves and it was recorded that non lack among them.

So a true christian who has more than he NEEDS will be happy and glad to share with his/her brethren. Let's ask ourselves this question: If death comes today, how many of all these will go with us to our destination (hell or heaven)? A true christian never built his treasure on earth where moths dot corrupt. Perharps riches increase, he will not set his heart on it

Shalom!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Eben2: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Firstly to understand that passage, Jesus was not spiritually poor. He was full of the spirit without measure. He had the fullness of yhe Godhead terbsnacled in him. So he wasnt spiritually poor at all. His poverty has to do with material . Remember Paul made reference to this scripture while teaching people howv
to give .so he was talking about material supply. I agree that the use of the word "rich" may not be material in every scripture but in the passage , it's material riches. Look at the Greek meaning below.From strong concordance .

g4147. πλουτέω plouteō; from 4148 ; to be (or become) wealthy (literally or figuratively): — be increased with goods, (be made, wax) rich. AV (12) - be rich 7, be made rich 2, rich 1, wax rich 1, be increased with goods 1;

Brother, i dont really like to argue notwithstanding, i will try one more time to say something about that passage maybe it'll help you understand.
The passage is very simple and straight forward. Now, let’s start from: “…though he was rich, ” was Jesus ever a rich man here on earth? So, that simply tells you and I that the riches the passage was talking about was not worldly. Yes, he was rich in the fullness of God and the Spirit but he left His glory in heaven (when we get to heaven, you’ll see and understand that riches) and was made low and subjected to ridicule just for you to be saved.
The primary reason Christ came to this lowly earth is to give us heavenly riches and not perishable riches.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2011
What are these heavenly riches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye Apologises For Calling RCCG Pastors Goats / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.