Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,841 members, 7,806,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? (18153 Views)

Poll: Who got balls of steel?

Colonel Ojukwu: 29% (48 votes)
Colonel Gadhaffi: 52% (84 votes)
None of above: 5% (9 votes)
I cant be bothered: 12% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

‘you Can’t Be More Biafran Than Ojukwu Who Abandoned Struggle’ Ben Apugo / I Slept Around With Maried Women Including Bianca Ojukwu, Who Am I? / Maitama Sule And Ojukwu Who Is More Eloquent And Has Good Command In English.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
rareman:

umu IGBO jiri nu nwayo, mara na okwu asaro asa obu anuofia kwuru ya. Biko nu ejim obi chineke na-ario unu, hapunu ndiara ka ha ria naani ha. Ike ga-agwu ndi nzuzu, wetuonu obi! O doro anyi anya na anyi ka ha niile mma. etikoo ndi Yoruba niile onu onweghi onye ruru ojukwu.

Anuofia na kpor madu ndiara.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

This is exactly the point I raised earlier. Why start a fight you cannot finish then run away like a chicken.

Libyans were being oppressed for 42 years by Ghaddafi no doubt. The Rebel leadership only started a war when it got all the assurance of foreign support it needed to finish the war.

Even when the scales tipped and NATO intervention was delayed with Ghaddafi forces close to Benghazi. They held on and refused to abandon the citizens of Benghazi.

I will not be drawn into a tribal tirade with you. Ojukwu is a Nigerian and a coward.

So while you are being killed you should not protect yourself because you will be in a fight you cannot finish? Is this Ijaw reasoning 101? no wonder you people are the most ra*ped people on earth today!

You should comment based on the circumstances of the event. Igbos were being killed in the north and after the aburi accord talks broke down. there was a plan for the Yoruba people to declare their own republic as well to enable the seccession to be brief.

bit alas, the ijaw people turned back ( the cowards they are), followed by the yeereeebaas( they too double cowards too) leaving the igbos to go it alone. not long igbo streets in rivers and port harcourt were renamed as the lazy ijaw and ikwerre people suddenly saw abandoned properties to loot and claim.

The real cowards are the people of the south south together with the almighty treacherous yeereeeba loud mouthed people.  

alas, ijaw man,  are you enjoying the nigeria that you fought for in 1967? if you are , good luck to you!

igbos were killed during the war. we had the most casualties. i think its left for us to decide if ojukwu misled us or not. or if ojukwu is a coward or not. for he fact that even families that lost people never regretted it says a lot about us.

Igbos will decide if Ojukwu is a coward not you pls. ok,  go and hold your jonathan to account, the spineless useless ijawa man currently unable to do anything. trembling and a weakling. Go and tell your brother to grow some balls and quit coming to the internet for a quickie!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
igbogolo:

You should comment based on the circumstances of the event. Igbos were being killed in the north and after the aburi accord talks broke down. there was a plan for the Yoruba people to declare their own republic as well to enable the seccession to be brief.

bit alas, the ijaw people turned back ( the cowards they are), followed by the yeereeebaas( they too double cowards too) leaving the igbos to go it alone. not long igbo streets in rivers and port harcourt were renamed as the lazy ijaw and ikwerre people suddenly saw abandoned properties to loot and claim.

The real cowards are the people of the south south together with the almighty treacherous yeereeeba loud mouthed people.  

alas, ijaw man,  are you enjoying the nigeria that you fought for in 1967? if you are , good luck to you!

igbos were killed during the war. we had the most casualties. i think its left for us to decide if ojukwu misled us or not. or if ojukwu is a coward or not. for he fact that even families that lost people never regretted it says a lot about us.

Igbos will decide if Ojukwu is a coward not you pls. ok,  go and hold your jonathan to account, the spineless useless ijawa man currently unable to do anything. trembling and a weakling. Go and tell your brother to grow some balls and quit coming to the internet for a quickie!

Spare us.I know all the sad events that culminated into the war. When the other cowards turned back, Ojukwu should have gone back to the drawing board, get his people out of the north and pretend nothing was happening, then strike when Gowon least expected. That is when he would have been prepared.

You do not declare secession when you do not have the political and Military machinery to see it to the end.

I have read his speech time and time again and I am shocked at the poor diplomacy displayed with regards to foreign backing.

And when the mistake has been made you go down fighting like a man and inspire your people and generations unborn. NOT RUN LIKE A DOG WITH ITS TAIL IN BETWEEN ITS LEGS!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
There's nothing showing the poster is Yoruba, so let's just make our point and not include any other tribe even if some childish bigots bait you to. I suspect where the poster may be from; trying his divisiveness on here to scuttle any chance of southern unity for obvious reasons. Lack of southern/Christian unity of purpose is why we are where we are today.

And please try not to insult Ghaddafi when making your point. That is if you feel the need to give this pointless thread more 'oxygen'.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

Spare us.I know all the sad events that culminated into the war. When the other cowards turned back, Ojukwu should have gone back to the drawing board, get his people out of the north and pretend nothing was happening, then strike when Gowon least expected. That is when he would have been prepared.

You do not declare secession when you do not have the political and Military machinery to see it to the end.

I have read his speech time and time again and I am shocked at the poor diplomacy displayed with regards to foreign backing.

And when the mistake has been made you go down fighting like a man and inspire your people and generations unborn. NOT RUN!

when were you born? You see, you even mock yourself with this kind of reasoning. everybody thinks they would have done better than Ojukwu but none has even been able to DO what he has done. Talk is cheap my friend. you need to learn lessons before talking about what you do not know anything about.

Its easier for you to sit on your sofa and say this and that, as if you would have been able to make decisions yourself if such circumstances presented itself again.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

There's nothing showing the poster is Yoruba, so let's just make our point and not include any other tribe even if some childish bigots bait you to. I suspect where the poster may be from; trying his divisiveness on here to scuttle any chance of southern unity for obvious reasons. Lack of southern/Christian unity of purpose is why we are where we are today.

And please try not to insult Ghaddafi when making your point. That is if you feel the need to give this pointless thread more 'oxygen'.

Very well said. People should remember that Alh Harem and Ndu_chuck (Kanuri and Fulani, respectively) can speak fluent Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

And when the mistake has been made you go down fighting like a man and inspire your people and generations unborn. NOT RUN LIKE A DOG WITH ITS TAIL IN BETWEEN ITS LEGS!

Talk is cheap!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
igbogolo:

So while you are being killed you should not protect yourself because you will be in a fight you cannot finish? Is this Ijaw reasoning 101? no wonder you people are the most ra*ped people on earth today!

That is a lie! This issue has been dealt with here, over and over again. Evidence:-

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

http://www.dawodu.com/biafra1.htm
You do not talk to the people you want to liberate in such a tone. Who is the foo.l? undecided
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
igbogolo:

Talk is cheap!

So far I have pretended that I cannot read the childish tribal route you are trying to drag this issue.

The question is did Ojukwu run away?
ANSWER: YES

Does such an act amount to cowardice?

You call GEJ names. Who cares. He is even worse than Ojukwu but that does not make Ojukwu not a coward and even a poor strategist(Evident in his pre-war & post-war political life)
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2011
(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator  will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

Another example of poor strategy. This guy was clearly not prepared to lead . He only led his people to the slaughter house with poor diplomacy and ran away when it became tough. A coward!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

So far I have pretended that I cannot read the childish tribal route you are trying to drag this issue.

The question is did Ojukwu run away?

Does such an act amount to cowardice?

You call GEJ names. Who cares. He is even worse than Ojukwu but that does not make Ojukwu not a coward and even a poor strategist(Evident in his pre-war & post-war political life)

Bravery does not begin and end with your conception of cowardice. I lost numerous uncles and cousins in the war and OJUKWU still remains my hero and the hero of all the people I know who were INVOLVED in the war.

Let your own people do their own so that you can judge them ok? Leave judgement to the IGBOS
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by kettykin: 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
actually i think igbos got it all wrong at the begining by doing a coup in a matter that had nothing to do with you, balewa declared a state of emergency in the western region and imprisoned awolowo and some stupid igbo majors were busy planning to strike in a business that didnt matter to them.

Secondly if igbos were to mind their business then nigeria is finished the same way if they were to pull out of nigeria , where will gej be today without igbo support.
My candid advice goes to yorubas who have a very poor sense of history if nzeogwu didnt strike , there would not be a civil war and perhaps the whole of south western would have turned into south sudan with no oil. Let him who lives in a mud house not throw stones at glass house dwellers.
We all remember how abiola started and ended , if any nzeogwu had struck during abiola's saga, abacha or abdusalami would have released abiola and made him the veepee and minister for finance . And  nadeco would have joined hands again to fight igbos. Such is the politics of yorubas and igbos need to accept it.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
igbogolo:

Bravery does not begin and end with your conception of cowardice. I lost numerous uncles and cousins in the war and OJUKWU still remains my hero and the hero of all the people I know who were INVOLVED in the war.

Let your own people do their own so that you can judge them ok? Leave judgement to the IGBOS

Your uncles and cousins lost their lives but the leader scampered off to save his. Reflect on this. Stop saying what you do not know. This is not an IGBO issue. Take your tribalism somewhere else. This is about a political figure. It is about his actions and inactions and not about his people. No tribe in Nigeria has an exclusive right to judge him. His actions affected not only IBOS but the entire nation so stop saying what you do not know.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
kettykin:

actually i think igbos got it all wrong at the begining by doing a coup in a matter that had nothing to do with you, balewa declared a state of emergency in the western region and imprisoned awolowo and some silly igbo majors were busy planning to strike in a business that didnt matter to them.

Secondly if igbos were to mind their business then nigeria is finished the same way if they were to pull out of nigeria , where will gej be today without igbo support.
My candid advice goes to yorubas who have a very poor sense of history if nzeogwu didnt strike , there would not be a civil war and perhaps the whole of south western would have turned into south sudan with no oil. Let him who lives in a mud house not throw stones at glass house dwellers.
We all remember how abiola started and ended , if any nzeogwu had struck during abiola's saga, abacha or abdusalami would have released abiola and made him the veepee and minister for finance . And  nadeco would have joined hands again to fight igbos. Such is the politics of yorubas and igbos need to accept it.

Do not try to exhort yourself.
1) The state of emergency in the West was declared by both the North and the East.
2)The South west cannot be "Sudan". It has Oil (Ondo and Lagos) and access to sea.
3)Nzeogwu in Abiola's era?

Well I really cannot blame you, after all, the bible say in Proverbs21:2," All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.". To you, Igbos are saints and angels. To each his own.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by ak47mann(m): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
kettykin:

actually i think igbos got it all wrong at the begining by doing a coup in a matter that had nothing to do with you, balewa declared a state of emergency in the western region and imprisoned awolowo and some silly igbo majors were busy planning to strike in a business that didnt matter to them.

you are an intelligent man,those bolded is nothing but the truth,war thought us a lesson and will never again fall for such thing.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Builder: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
MENIK bro,

thanks for the links on minister louis farakhan , i just cant healp but shedding tears, how the western governments have killed people of african origin moreso in libya by nato. i pray God bless the family and supporters of the great leader  Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by hbrednic: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2011

wonder what will make a man to take his own life,there is no place in heave for such abandoned soul.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2011
If I may add for those who call Ojukwu a coward; a coward by definition is someone who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person. I believe he hadn't shown these sig of cowardice during the years of fighting, him fleeing is what we call "exit strategy". Wars are fought with strategy, the moment all strategies are exhausted, you can either seek other "risk mitigating" option or EXIT. There are so historic wars where opponent armies or either exited after a few days or months, it did not make them weak, it just the most intelligent thing to do. Besides, you cannot compare war which was fought 40years ago to modern war of 8months ago.

Gadhafi fought his war the war he could; he did not have any strategy. He compiled millions or even billions of $$$, Ojukwu did not. Gadhaf had access to foreign weapons, he did not utilize them, he did not have the intelligence, I mean there were mitigating factors against the man you call a coward compared to the one who was killed in the hands of his own people.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by htajz: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
istcitizen is another yoruba man claiming to be ijaw, dont come here to rubbish the image of the ijaws,no ijaw man will put mouth in such topic, typical yoruba coward.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

istcitizen is another yoruba man claiming to be ijaw, dont come here to rubbish the image of the ijaws,no ijaw man will put mouth in such topic, typical yoruba coward.

How many Yorubas speak and understand Igbo language?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by owobokiri(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
@op
You guys wont give it a rest. So many ways to look at events in Libya and how that effects Africa but you will prefer to make petty comparisons.  When you are done comapring Ojuku with Gadaffi. I hope you will try comparing Awolowo with Abdul-Jalil or Mahmood Jibrin since these people led their people to wars that killed thousands and tore their states apart without knowing they were/are fighting for western oil companies.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
owobokiri:

@op
You guys wont give it a rest. So many ways to look at events in Libya and how that effects Africa but you will prefer to make petty comparisons.  When you are done comapring Ojuku with Gadaffi. I hope you will try comparing Awolowo with Abdul-Jalil or Mahmood Jibrin since these people led their people to wars that killed thousands and tore their states apart without knowing they were/are fighting for western oil companies.
Well said!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

If I may add for those who call Ojukwu a coward; a coward by definition is someone who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person. I believe he hadn't shown these sig of cowardice during the years of fighting, him fleeing is what we call "exit strategy". Wars are fought with strategy, the moment all strategies are exhausted, you can either seek other "risk mitigating" option or EXIT. There are so historic wars where opponent armies or either exited after a few days or months, it did not make them weak, it just the most intelligent thing to do. Besides, you cannot compare war which was fought 40years ago to modern war of 8months ago.

Gadhafi fought his war the war he could; he did not have any strategy. He compiled millions or even billions of $$$, Ojukwu did not. Gadhaf had access to foreign weapons, he did not utilize them, he did not have the intelligence, I mean there were mitigating factors against the man you call a coward compared to the one who was killed in the hands of his own people.

dont mind them, people that have no answers to the pains facing them are here calling someone who dared to change the situation a coward. empty barrels always makes the most noise. its easy to say this and that but its very difficult to DO it. Action speaks louder than trumpeted mouths.

Of course everyone is welcome to their opinion, but what matters is that the IGBOS who Ojukwu led are content and happy with him. Other rants are irrelevant.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by ak47mann(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

ijaw man dont mind carwords we can see them from mile away, 2face people they go with any weather feel for them confuse tribe undecided their is nothing to show from SW and HAUSA. FULANI'S that rule Nigeria for so many yrs just to bring shame to black-man, look at what ijaw and igbos are now trying to fix power, with gas coming from IMO river watch the video if u can goodluck cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1dGr_nVAQ
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by htajz: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2011
jason123:

How many Yorubas speak and understand Igbo language?

many of them especially those schooling in the east, i will say this again no easterner including midwesterner(even you) will come out and call ojukwu a coward whether you like him or not, dont you see what these yorubas are trying to do? divide the east and your asking me such silly question. even northerners wont call him that its only yorubas that have issues to grind with igbos that do that , yoruba should grow some balls and use their ethnicity instead of trying to hide behind other peoples ethnicity.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

a coward by definition is someone who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person

Correct,
Lack of courage of facing the prospects of being captured by Nigerian federal troops.
Lack of courage in facing the danger losing a war.
Lack of courage in facing the pain bullets fired by enemy soldiers.

manny4life:

Wars are fought with strategy, the moment all strategies are exhausted, you can either seek other "risk mitigating" option or EXIT. There are so historic wars where opponent armies or either exited after a few days or months, it did not make them weak, it just the most intelligent thing to do. Besides, you cannot compare war which was fought 40years ago to modern war of 8months ago.

You mean like Hitler had a Strategy. He killed himself like a bloody coward.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by aljharem3: 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

many of them especially those schooling in the east, i will say this again no easterner including midwesterner(even you) will come out and call ojukwu a coward whether you like him or not, dont you see what these yorubas are trying to do? divide the east and your asking me such silly question. even northerners wont call him that its only yorubas that have issues to grind with igbos that do that , yoruba should grow some balls and use their ethnicity instead of trying to hide behind other peoples ethnicity.

why not stop posting crap

I can bring out articles of not only ijaws and mid westerners but also Igbos calling okukwu coward and differnet names

Better leave Yoruba and fulani from ur post and we would be cool.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by cap28: 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2011
olodostein said:

The cold blooded murder of  Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, will never go unpunished. People who rejoiced of his death, the likes of Hilary Clinton and hypocrite Obama will never have rest of mind. They and other accomplices will pay for this dreadful act.  We will continue the fight to rid Africa of colonialist agenda.  We will protect Africa's resources for her children and bring those who conspire against us to justice. We will cut off the hand of those who collaborate with the west and banish those who betray Mama Africa.

During the rule of Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, Black Africans/Black Libyans had the same opportunity as their fellow Arab citizens. They could go anywhere, participate in everything and had equal rights. According to my friend who lived and worked in Libya, if anyone harassed a black man for no just cause, that person will have to face justice. Blacks were respected and giving their space. The Arab citizens were very envious and furious of this, because right from time, they have always considered themselves to be superior to black Africans. They call us slaves and refereed to non-Arab women as whores including western women. That is why when the war started , they unleashed their hatred on Blacks.

Now, all that have changed. Blacks are being hunted and killed with impunity by these so called "rebels". In today's Libya, Blacks are afraid to come out of their houses. Even to go out and get necessary things like food, they can't because for fear of being attacked. The western media and their "rebel" friends orchestrated a propaganda campaign to label anyone black in Libya as mercenaries. It worked for them and ever since our brothers have suffered in the hands of these terrorist(rebels) including Nigerians.  If it wasn't a CNN reported who came across a group of 7 Nigerians that were saying their last prayer before being taken to the killing field to be butchered, they would have been lying six feet under the ground as we speak. Even, Orji Uzo Kalu sent an appreciation letter to that reporter, thanking him for his selfless sacrifice, good conscience and making sure the Nigerians were in safe hands. We all knows what happened to others that were so unlucky

This is the New Libya those of you who come here celebrating the death of Brother Leader want. You are so ignorant of what is happening there. Your only source of information is via western media and you cannot independently question their reports because you have got no mind of your own. You are simply brainwashed and a traitor to your race and continent. You are your own worst enemy. You come here to spew unfounded rubbish because you are given scraps from their table and you seek for a residence permit in those western countries. Some of you in the diaspora who think you belong there, your day of reckoning is coming. It is no surprise that anytime there is an economic crises, blacks and other disadvantaged minorities are the first to be laid off. Why can't you free yourself from mental and slave mentality?  Oh, and you think the rebels are your friends because you support them? Well, since those of you who come here to defend and support them are blacks, I challenge you to go to today's Libya now and try to say that to their face that you have always supported their cause since the uprising. I will bet my everything, that you are 100% likely to be butchered or imprisoned in very bad condition by those rebels you call your innocent friends and have have always supported. Mark my words, henceforth, the black man who happens to be or go to Libya will always be treated as an animal and a suspect from now on.

The military commander of Tripoli was/is a a terrorist sympathizer and former jihad fighter for the Taliban and Osama in Afghanistan.  NATO have done a grave mistake that they will forever regret.  The people they have put in power will turn against them very soon. That is how the Arab mind works, they never appreciate anything. Their values deeply goes against western values and both will never reach a compromise.  Oh, the commander says that he will sue Britain and America for their hands in his torture. He alleged that Western intelligence partnered with Libyan Intelligence under Ghaddafi to carry on their so called war on terror.  You see, the game is just starting.  Gaddafi himself hated Islamic fundamentalists, he fought them tooth and nail and look for them in every nook and cranies. He was the first to mark Osama as a very dangerous man and a threat to the world.  Western leaders pallied with Gaddafi and sought his co-operation in every level. Now they have betrayed him. But they will pay the heavy price for this. I bet you, it is just a matter of time.

Brother leader was a man proud of his roots. He acknowledged that Libya belongs to black Africans and that the Arabs came and settled there. Those Arab leaders hated him for speaking the truth and isolated him. That is one of the reasons they endorsed the No fly zone.  He sought to make Africa independent in every endeavour. He invested in many African countries and contributed to their fight for Liberation. He had his faults and very eccentric. But tell me, who is perfect in this world? World leaders came to his tents, he never went to them unnecessary. His first visit to the USA was in 2009 i think for the UN general assembly.  He visited Italy( former Libya colonial master) once through out his rule. If a Libyan was harassed outside of Libya, he made sure those responsible pay for it. He was the first leader to call on the western countries to pay Africa 7.7 trillion dollars for their role in Colonialism and slavery. He was derided by European leaders for allowing Africans to cross to Europe via Libya. He told them that until Europe stop their dirty dealings in Africa and let Africans take care of themselves, the influx of immigrants to Europe will continue.

A strong man, A man of his words. A fighter. You must treat him as an equal or phuck off. He brought pride to his people and made their life the best in Africa and one of the best in the world. A soldier who took reigns of a huge poor country like Libya from western puppet King Idris at a young age of 27.  A leader murdered in cold blood. Those rebel terrorist would have never had a chance against Gaddafi if it wasn't for NATO air raids.

A man of dignity brother leader you are. A man who chose death over slavery.  What is a man without dignity?

Rest in Peace Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi

may God bless you my brother
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by igbogolo: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

Correct,
Lack of courage of facing the prospects of being captured by Nigerian federal troops.

LOL at this juvenile rant!
Talk is the cheapest commodity to purchase.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by htajz: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

why not stop posting crap

I can bring out articles of not only ijaws and mid westerners but also Igbos calling okukwu coward and differnet names

Better leave Yoruba and fulani from your post and we would be cool.

tell your yoruba brothers to grow some balls and stop hiding behind peoples ethnicity , leave ijaws out of this rubbish thread, ijaws are the only ethnic group that have continued to fight the evil nigeria right from independence ,remember we fought the first civil war against ironsi  the last thing an ijaw or a niger deltan will do in his life is to call anybody that have also challanged the fed govt coward.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

Correct,

Dude, you quoted that part but you forgot so quickly about the other part. Are you talking about the Nigerian troop who were or not aided by foreign military? Losing a war does not incline that you were weak or anything, it means anything other than weak if you begin to analyze circumstances surrounding the events, I believe he led his soldiers for 3years, bullets fired upon and being fired by enemy soldiers. Any way without resources like Gadhafi had shouldn't be compared,

Strategy is what you define it, even America has an Exit Strategy, every leader should have one if they ever hope of someday returning.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

No. The issue is that the mistrust in the south is so much, that, any Northerner who schooled in the East or West and can speak Yoruba and Igbo fluently, can wake up and start a thread to divide the "South". If you guys cannot see the bigger picture instead of this "Yoruba vs Igbo" thing, then, I am truly sorry for us.

Yorubas hardly travel out of their region (it is a known fact in Nigeria), so how a "Yoruba" man can speak Igbo and Ijaw fluently is still amazing. If its not obvious to you that people like Harem or Ndu chuks can just form a Yoruba or Igbo username to post crap, then, you need to start question your objectivity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Names Of 2013 Nigerian National Merit Award List Released / My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / Amosun Declares Support For Buhari, Debunks Defection Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.