Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? (18156 Views)

Poll: Who got balls of steel?

Colonel Ojukwu: 29% (48 votes)
Colonel Gadhaffi: 52% (84 votes)
None of above: 5% (9 votes)
I cant be bothered: 12% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

‘you Can’t Be More Biafran Than Ojukwu Who Abandoned Struggle’ Ben Apugo / I Slept Around With Maried Women Including Bianca Ojukwu, Who Am I? / Maitama Sule And Ojukwu Who Is More Eloquent And Has Good Command In English.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by aljharem3: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
Seunn11:

These Ibos are incurably si.lly and arrogant. Nollywood had been in existence before your ilk invaded it! And lack of your creativity has ruined it for others. On JAMB enrollment, you seem not to get the point that many of your admission seekers are doing it every year without ever progressing!! And absolute figures for each regions still shows you are trailing the trailblazers!!
On crime, you top it like crazy. You are born criminals. Vicious killers. despoiler. Cannibals etc

mumu, can u shut it.

what lack of creativity are u talking about ?

is it the same nollywood the world now knows ?

noollywood is not = igbo

people should ignore the mumu angry
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by ebizsols(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Jason123 or whatever, one thing your likes love doing so well is distorting facts to suit your bruised ego.
Awo according to your assertion is laughing in his grave after institutionalising corruption and ethnicism which your group is known for.
If I might educate you further, after the indigenistation policy after the war,your brother's whose "administrative ingenuity" according to you destroyed the economic foundation of this country and you can see what your "competence" has led us to.
You are dissing your father not Ojukwu and I'll prefer a Gadafi handling things than for your ilk, atleast you can see what your brother Obj did with the country for eight years.
There are few Yoruba that I can stand up for Soyinka, Fela, major ishola williams, Gani the rest are losers.
Go and ask the likes of late prof Awojobi who was busy giving reasons why Ojukwu should not come back from Ivory coast, if you know history you know the rest of the story.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Kc3000: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2011
I don't know about Ojukwu and Gadhaffi, both are definitely strong fellows. But I'm a 100000% sure Ojukwu is more of a man than the following people all put together:

Awolowo - actually tried to plan the first coup in nigeria, failed miserably as his plan never got off the ground, and ended up in federal prison. Sold his soul and that of all his relatives just to bear the title 'president of nigeria' even if it was for one day. Alas, the best he ever amounted to was FINANCE MINISTER under a 30-something year old army general. The stench of the embarrassment was too much that he did what all cowards do; committed suicide.

Abiola- This character was an accomplice in the looting of Nigeria's treasury for many years, and then turned around and tried to demand power from his partners in crime. At the end of the day, he was offed silently, along with some of his family and nothing really happened. Neither he, nor his army of noise-makers exacted any retribution.

The weeping Generals- The[b] most shameless display of cowardice[/b] ever recorded in the history of the Nigerian military, played out when[b] Generals Diya, Adisa, Olarenwaju, and a bunch of other yorubas[/b] decided it was their own turn to man up and plan a coup in Nigeria, since everyone else had done so. Unlike other coups before this one, be it succesful or not, we were confronted by the spectacle of so called Generals crying like little girls, and prostrating before junior officers like Captains and Majors. The cowards completely lost their military bearing and whatever little respect they had, and I could not believe my eyes. The images of Diya and Adisa face down and crying at the feet of a common Major(mustapha) is forever etched in our memories.  From the first coup of 1966, up till this point, all apprehended coupist faced the music with courage and some even with defiance in the face of torture. But these 'gentlemen' clearly lacked the intestinal fortitude for the adventure they got involved in. My grandmother has more balls than this bunch.
   Just like Awolowo's coup, this nonsense never saw the light of day. SNITCHING like little girls while trying to play a grown man's game.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by adros84(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
Hello, I'm Yoruba and not Igbo so let no one misunderstand my contributions. I hail from Ekiti State. I do not think it fair that Ojukwu is being compared to Ghadaffi. Ghadaffi had all the arsenals of the Libyan nation And a heavily trained army at his disposal. That helped him a lot. Besides he had been in power for 42 years. That was enough time to build some loyalty amongst the populace. Not so with Ojukwu. I believe of the two, Ojukwu was the braver. He single-highhandedly stood up to the Northern Oligarchy when Brigadier Ogundipe, a Yoruba man, who ordinarily should have taken over after Ironsi's death ran away for fear of death. Ojukwu deserves our respect. That he left Biafra at the time he did was not a sign of being a coward. It was a sensible thing. It was an option Ghadaffi should have taken when he was offered the chance and who knows, history would probably have vindicated him because he truly positively affected the lives of Libyans in general. It was a shame the way he died, caught hiding in a drain pipe! If the Biafran rebellion had taken place under similar circumstances, I have no doubt that Ojukwu and Igbos would have won!.

Omo Oodua wi tire tan
Omo Owa nrele Baba to bi lomo
Emi Dada awuru yake yagi oko
Omo Ora Ufe kee tanna Osan
Eni inu ba nbi ko loree pokunso.
Oodua ni mi tokantokan!!!
meaning - I have said my own and whoever is upset may consider committing suicide.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Martmore: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
What some of you dont know is that gadafi didn't fight till death, rather he was hiding in a drainage system and was caught.He even pleaded not to be shot.Then for some of you calling ojukwu a coward, who was the hero of the war? and did the masses like them many years after the war.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
adros84:

Hello, I'm Yoruba and not Igbo so let no one misunderstand my contributions. I hail from Ekiti State. I do not think it fair that Ojukwu is being compared to Ghadaffi. Ghadaffi had all the arsenals of the Libyan nation And a heavily trained army at his disposal. That helped him a lot. Besides he had been in power for 42 years. That was enough time to build some loyalty amongst the populace. Not so with Ojukwu. I believe of the two, Ojukwu was the braver. He single-highhandedly stood up to the Northern Oligarchy when Brigadier Ogundipe, a Yoruba man, who ordinarily should have taken over after Ironsi's death ran away for fear of death. Ojukwu deserves our respect. That he left Biafra at the time he did was not a sign of being a coward. It was a sensible thing. It was an option Ghadaffi should have taken when he was offered the chance and who knows, history would probably have vindicated him because he truly positively affected the lives of Libyans in general. It was a shame the way he died, caught hiding in a drain pipe! If the Biafran rebellion had taken place under similar circumstances, I have no doubt that Ojukwu and Igbos would have won!.

Omo Oodua wi tire tan
meaning - I have said my own and whoever is upset may consider committing suicide.

[size=20pt]
THANK YOU!
[/size] I asked 1stCitizen the same question, he never replied. I could also reference same question again. That someone who runs out of strategy and decides to EXIT doesn't make them cowards. This man fought tirelessly for 3years, with his home grown and manufactured weapons. Him fleeing is not a sign of cowardice but an intelligent decision - you backing down down don't mean weak. Live to fight another day. I also talked about mitigating factors behind Ojukwu, if the man had $10billion like Gadahfi did, it wouldn't have turned out the way it did.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Gbenge77(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
None.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Rgp92: 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2011
Kc3000:

I don't know about Ojukwu and Gadhaffi, both are definitely strong fellows. But I'm a 100000% sure Ojukwu is more of a man than the following people all put together:

Awolowo - actually tried to plan the first coup in nigeria, failed miserably as his plan never got off the ground, and ended up in federal prison. Sold his soul and that of all his relatives just to bear the title 'president of nigeria' even if it was for one day. Alas, the best he ever amounted to was FINANCE MINISTER under a 30-something year old army general. The stench of the embarrassment was too much that he did what all cowards do; committed suicide.

Abiola- This character was an accomplice in the looting of Nigeria's treasury for many years, and then turned around and tried to demand power from his partners in crime. At the end of the day, he was offed silently, along with some of his family and nothing really happened. Neither he, nor his army of noise-makers exacted any retribution.

The weeping Generals- The[b] most shameless display of cowardice[/b] ever recorded in the history of the Nigerian military, played out when[b] Generals Diya, Adisa, Olarenwaju, and a bunch of other yorubas[/b] decided it was their own turn to man up and plan a coup in Nigeria, since everyone else had done so. Unlike other coups before this one, be it succesful or not, we were confronted by the spectacle of so called Generals crying like little girls, and prostrating before junior officers like Captains and Majors. The cowards completely lost their military bearing and whatever little respect they had, and I could not believe my eyes. The images of Diya and Adisa face down and crying at the feet of a common Major(mustapha) is forever etched in our memories.  From the first coup of 1966, up till this point, all apprehended coupist faced the music with courage and some even with defiance in the face of torture. But these 'gentlemen' clearly lacked the intestinal fortitude for the adventure they got involved in. My grandmother has more balls than this bunch.
   Just like Awolowo's coup, this nonsense never saw the light of day. SNITCHING like little girls while trying to play a grown man's game.

Ojukwu let your people die, so he could live. How brave is that? Dont start shi.t and run. Only fvcking coward do that.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
Rgp92:

Ojukwu let your people die, so he could live. How brave is that? Dont start shi.t and run. Only fvcking coward do that.

Go and tell all the commanding generals who let their soldiers die at the war front. The dude DID NOT RUN; he fought for THREE YEARS, was he running then? Geez what's wrong with people and their thinking hat? Every war has casualties; casualties, prisoners, etc are inevitable. The preceding factors were not taken into consideration still don't make the man a coward.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by sheyguy: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
Kc3000:

pls somtin caught my att. In ur post, u said somtin abt som yoruba leaders lying down and begging mustapha, isnt it the same mustapha that's in prison 2day, standin trial cos of anoda yoruba.
Men learn to fare d yrubas oh!!!.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by EkoIle1: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
You don't have to lie about your tribe just to spew your rubbish. Freaking dishonest coward defending another dishonest coward. Ekiti ko, ibadan ni.

Damn liars always trying to rewrite history. Ojukwu  was a sissy coward b!tch according to our history. Ghadafi had every opportunity to run or even take asylum offers from so many countries, but he vowed never to leave his country and unlike the sissy punk Ojukwu, he stayed and died in his country.

That's history for you.

adros84:

Omo Oodua wi tire tan
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Rgp92: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

Go and tell all the commanding generals who let their soldiers die at the war front. The dude DID NOT RUN; he fought for THREE YEARS, was he running then? Geez what's wrong with people and their thinking hat? Every war has casualties; casualties, prisoners, etc are inevitable. The preceding factors were not taken into consideration still don't make the man a coward.

You fight to the death. Dont leave after 3 years of fighting.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

What was the exit escape strategy of the millions who were left to bear the Federal onslaught even after Biafra surrendered.

So Ojukwu already planned to run right from the onset. Then why did he start the fight. Why did he not wait, get his people away from the north and prepare secretly to secede. Why rush and risk the lives of many. Why the poor diplomacy in getting others (including foreign nations) to back him. He had control over the brigades in the east at that time based on how the army was structured then.Moreover the Nigerian army was not that sophisticated too.

I now know why he did that. He had an escape strategy!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
Rgp92:

Oh yes you do if you have a well thought out escape strategy like Ojukwu grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by EkoIle1: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

You don't lead millions to their death and run before the end of the war and while your people were still dying. That was not only cowardly, it was cold hearted, callous and mean spirited. Deserting your men and leaving  the battled field is a cowardly act, that was not a honorable military act.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2011
Eko Ile:

You don't lead millions to their death and run before the end of the war and while your people were still dying. That was not only cowardly, it was cold hearted, callous and mean spirited. Deserting your men and leaving  the battled field is a cowardly act, that was not a honorable military act.

GBAM
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by crackhouse(m): 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
@poster, why will u draw a comparison between Ghadaffi and ojukwu?. I don't like commenting on issues like this. Internet have really made people to be talking anyhow. U are comparing the two and writing nonsense on net. Why not go to the page of newspaper and write those things if u are not a coward. People that can't speak in public or even lead a group of 20 people will come online and be talking trash. What post do u occupy in ur area? Come out in real life and lead a fight before making ur inflammatory comparison.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by beforenko1: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
What manner of son results when a father beds his daughter?retards.non skull,obnoxious retards.when u rate a man so inebriated he failed to realise his people had rejected him but chose instead to hold on to power by any means necessary, a man whose corpse was treated so disgracefully and so ignominously,more heroic than ojukwu ,surely the sins of the father has been visited on his sons.and I mean the sins of the awolowos,abiolas,obasanjos.atleast ghadafi was sane enough to tell a wife from a daughter.here he was a hero
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by tlops(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
what is the basis is of comparison? And who told you Ghaddafi did not beg his captors, ? He was hiding in a drainage. it tells one thing that no matter how strong a man appears, he doesn't want to die.

Most of the post on this thread were made on the basis of tribal hate, why must it be so. compare Colonel Ojukwu's guerrilla war and col. Gaddaffi's battle of survival, not compare igbo wt yoruba and Libyans. this is the reason why it will be difficult for Nigeria to go forward as a (Multi-cultural/ tribal) nation, we cannot think or work together even to solve the easiest task,

I think the questions should be, how successful is a leader without successor? Gaddaffi tried for his nation but failed to think of thursday Oct 20, 2011. A day when all ended for him. In 42 years he had not succeeded in raising another Gaddaffi even among his children. what if he had died a sudden death, the chaos now would have happened even without a fight, because he never planned for the future, that is the problems of most African leaders, they forget death. The likes of Paul Biya, Robert Mugabe, have  alesson to learn if truly they are fighting for their people and not their selfish ambition (to die in power).

Gaddafi went down and took the whole of Libya with him, today Libya 'will' never be the same. That in my opinion is not the best he could do if he had the good of Libyans at heart.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
Rgp92:

You don't leave after 3years i.e. if you have the continuing resource to it. If the cost/benefit is high, call them cowards, any wise general will exit and know it's NOT worth the fight. If he fought for three years (thanks for at least acknowledging it), Gadhafi fought for 8months, given the disparities, I think (all sentiments aside), I will stick with the one who fought bravely for three years.

@Eko Ile and Ist Citizen et al, I hear yall, you're entitled to your opinion; however, even if you ask western military generals, ALL, will tell you they have exit strategies to a WAR PLAN. If it please you, you can call it escape plan, whatever pleases you. Please you can re-write history and go on and give your advise to several battle commanders who have fought historical wars about your opinion. When someone decides to exit a war for which the outcome is unknown, that makes him a coward. If given the circumstance NOW, given the resource Gadhafi has now, it will be a different story.

If you lead people to war, casualties are INEVITABLE. I don't want to give examples, but like I said, war involves resources and loss of live to achieve the main objective. It's an unfortunate event but using that as a criteria is not justifiable, SORRY.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2011
[size=60pt]TRASH!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

You don't leave after 3years i.e. if you have the continuing resource to it. If the cost/benefit is high, call them cowards, any wise general will exit and know it's NOT worth the fight. If he fought for three years (thanks for at least acknowledging it), Gadhafi fought for 8months, given the disparities, I think (all sentiments aside), I will stick with the one who fought bravely for three years.

@Eko Ile and Ist Citizen et al, I hear yall, you're entitled to your opinion; however, even if you ask western military generals, ALL, will tell you they have exit strategies to a WAR PLAN. If it please you, you can call it escape plan, whatever pleases you. Please you can re-write history and go on and give your advise to several battle commanders who have fought historical wars about your opinion. When someone decides to exit a war for which the outcome is unknown, that makes him a coward. If given the circumstance NOW, given the resource Gadhafi has now, it will be a different story.

If you lead people to war, casualties are INEVITABLE. I don't want to give examples, but like I said, war involves resources and loss of live to achieve the main objective. It's an unfortunate event but using that as a criteria is not justifiable, SORRY.

Note the bolded. How do you lead people to war you admit you are ill prepared and lack adequate funds to execute. Then to top it all you now have an escape strategy.

When Ghaddafi forces were very close to Benghazi, did the NTC leadership escape. Yes or no. Its only in Nigeria we try to escape from every challenge and seek the easy way out
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by cap28: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

does a wise general also come back to join forces with the same people that butchered millions of his own people?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Kc3000: 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2011

The weeping Generals- The[b] most shameless display of cowardice[/b] ever recorded in the history of the Nigerian military, played out when[b] Generals Diya, Adisa, Olarenwaju, and a bunch of other yorubas[/b] decided it was their own turn to man up and plan a coup in Nigeria, since everyone else had done so. Unlike other coups before this one, be it succesful or not, we were confronted by the spectacle of so called Generals crying like little girls, and prostrating before junior officers like Captains and Majors. The cowards completely lost their military bearing and whatever little respect they had, and I could not believe my eyes. The images of Diya and Adisa face down and crying at the feet of a common Major(mustapha) is forever etched in our memories. From the first coup of 1966, up till this point, all apprehended coupist faced the music with courage and some even with defiance in the face of torture. But these 'gentlemen' clearly lacked the intestinal fortitude for the adventure they got involved in. My grandmother has more balls than this bunch.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Sunofgod(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
Did Gaddafi actually engage in any wars as an army officer?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by adamaw2tuf: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
ONE CAN STILL SMELL THE HANDWORKS OF THE FELLOW WITH MULTIPLE USERNAMES AKA ALHJ_HARAM [td][/td]
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by manny4life(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

Note the bolded. How do you lead people to war you admit you are ill prepared and lack adequate funds to execute. Then to top it all you now have an escape strategy.

When Ghaddafi forces were very close to Benghazi, did the NTC leadership escape. Yes or no. Its only in Nigeria we try to escape from every challenge and seek the easy way out

Did the NTC leadership escape? Have you been following or did you follow the war ? Without NATO and it's airstrikes, did you honestly believe they would have captured Gadhafi? Ask yourself that question or did NTC keep any $1billion in their account? The weapons they used, was it not from the defected military personnel who were in the Libyan Guards? There are things people do not asses before venturing, the harm was done, they say "Once bitten , twice shy". Call it escape strategy, even Gadhafi had one, he was hiding and NOT fighting. Get it straight even begged for his life, that to me was just dead wrong. I would rather him escape with his life intact than to beg "please do not kill me". What makes him any different.

cap28:

does a wise general also come back to join forces with the same people that butchered millions of his own people?

People form alliance for different purpose. They might join forces for business, military etc. Just because you're defeated don't mean you shouldn't despise the person. I wouldn't speak on his behalf, but if that's his decision, so be it. Alliance is just for a common ground, after all, just because we form an alliance don't mean I share my insider secrets with you. The NATO alliance is comprised mainly of europe nations and NOT China nor Russia nor South or North America with exception to Canada, but America has alliance with other American nations and even Nuclear Pact with Russia, This does not make them "Friends".
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by freepeople: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
Silly thread from a faceless buffoon.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
How can we successfully revolt against the recycled elements that have held us to ransom since independence when we see inglorious acts of cowardice as heroic.

Gaddafi had billions at his disposal and could have opted to flee to Belarus or Zimbabwe to enjoy himself till death, but no he chose to stay on and fight like a man even when it was obvious he could not defeat 27 nations.

Even the rebel leaders did not escape when they were about being exterminated by Ghadafi forces in Benghazi.

Many of us already have escape strategies and would be the first to run to Cotonou when and if a revolution starts.

Some do not even want to revolt because they have one tiny N10million Naira investment they want to enjoy.

Then you have those that will seat on the fence like our politicians who decamp and hop from party to party. This group will wait patiently and pop up their ugly heads to offer support when one party has the upper hand
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by fxtopedia(m): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2011
What a nasty [size=58pt]THREAD[/size]!!!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by WaltherPPK: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

I know you are happy getting the attention your wh.oring mother never gave you on his forumn, well what would one expect from a lowlife born in a LovePeddler house.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2011
manny4life:

Did the NTC leadership escape? Have you been following or did you follow the war ? Without NATO and it's airstrikes, did you honestly believe they would have captured Gadhafi? Ask yourself that question or did NTC keep any $1billion in their account? The weapons they used, was it not from the defected military personnel who were in the Libyan Guards? There are things people do not asses before venturing, the harm was done, they say "Once bitten , twice shy". Call it escape strategy, even Gadhafi had one, he was hiding and NOT fighting. Get it straight even begged for his life, that to me was just dead wrong. I would rather him escape with his life intact than to beg "please do not kill me". What makes him any different.

It seems you did not follow the war. Let me enlighten you. When Beghazi was declared as free by the revolutionaries, there was intensified fighting and Gaddafi forces captured Misrata then headed straight for Benghazi.

Saif Al Islam then came out to taunt the west the day before the resolution was granted they would have over run Benghazi as they no longer required airpower to achieve this.(They thought it was just going to be a no-fly enforcement)

Gaddafi forces were a few miles from Benghazi a day before resolution 1973 was passed. Many Benghazi fighters were interviewed on TV. They confessed they were scared but would fight to the death even if a no fly zone or help was coming. These are real men. They did not even consider an escape strategy one moment

Gaddafi did not beg. At least we have the videos as evidence. His words were even defiant. He even asked a fighter if he knew right from wrong and went on to tell them it was forbidden to attack him physically. Get your facts right please and don't believe rumours until you get hard evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / More Breathtaking Pictures From IPOB Rally In Aba / Obaseki: Pastor Adeboye Told Me I Will Overcome, I will Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.