Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? (18152 Views)

Poll: Who got balls of steel?

Colonel Ojukwu: 29% (48 votes)
Colonel Gadhaffi: 52% (84 votes)
None of above: 5% (9 votes)
I cant be bothered: 12% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

‘you Can’t Be More Biafran Than Ojukwu Who Abandoned Struggle’ Ben Apugo / I Slept Around With Maried Women Including Bianca Ojukwu, Who Am I? / Maitama Sule And Ojukwu Who Is More Eloquent And Has Good Command In English.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by WaltherPPK: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2011
1stCitizen:

Read your posts again. you will realise you are a noodle brain Arrow, born of a worthless 1kobo LovePeddler. The attempted abortion your mother had because you were clearly unwanted surely affected your ability to be coherent.

Vent your anger on the sewer dwelling scumbag that defiled your mama to give birth to you.
Look at who is talking about venting anger, are you not suffering from paranoia psychosis, if not why would you start blaming Ojukwu for your unfortunate life, when your stinking p.u.ssy hole of a mother was opening her legs for all the drunk fishermen at the Asaba end of the River Niger and the hausa soldiers was it ojukwu that made her do so.Why are you mad at a man who does not even know you exist?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Katsumoto: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
ak47mann:

every tom D.I.C.K. and harry out here are talking about strategy like Yoruba's have fought war b4 or they have experience any kind of sophisticated war in there land,bloody clowns most of you have never handle guns b4 not to talk of experience war undecided i wonder the kind of mentality am dealing with sad i think you guys like to talk just  to feel belonging,

So it is only called war when guns are involved?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Rgp92: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
andyanders:

@Seunn11

[b]Poster, by your name, you are Yorubaby tribe. I don't have to insult Yoruba people because of an animal like you. We have decent Yoruba people here, from men of God, like , Papa Adeboye , prophet T.B Joshua, Evangelist Ebeniza Obe, Wole Soyinka, the Governor of Lagos state, Fashola and other decent people like them. You are one of the iddio.ts produced by parents of yours who met under Oshodi bridge and had a relationship under the bridge of which you grew up not knowing any of them. Its a pity.

You are worst than an animal. Dog and cats are better than you. Pigs, worms and centipede are in a better state of mind than a waste like you.

You are a contradiction to human history. Its a pity you are using Gaddafi to compare Ojukwu because of the tribalism in your blood.

Ojukwu saw the need to fight for the Right of his people at that time because he saw the future of Nigeria that without asking for your Right, you will be marginalized. People never believed in his agitation because they were not educated then and he was a well Oxford educated individual with the Nigerian Army then. He knew then that with what he has seen that his people will be marginalized which till date, the South East has been in that state. Is it not what Ojukwu fought then that the Niger /Delta is asking for now? Other parts of States here in the South South is agitating for same reason Ojukwu fought for.
Gaddafi in question, was killing his people. Was Ojukwu killing his people?, Hell No. He asked them to stand up and fight for their Right.

You should go down and bury your deformed and undeveloped brain.
[/b]

fight for his people bla bla bla it doesnt change the fact that he ran away and let of thousands people to die.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by deals: 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2011
Muammar Gaddafi in his own words:

"For 40 years, or was it longer, I can’t remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food, I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Reagan.

When he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child, then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.

Did all I could to help people understand the concept of real democracy, where people’s committees ran our country, but that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more, and they told Americans and other visitors, they needed “democracy,” and “freedom,”

Never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food,except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup, no, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some.

But for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we’ve had since Salah’ a’ Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination—from thieves who would steal from us— now.

I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called “capitalism,”

But all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer, so, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I shall die by following his path, the path that has made our country rich with farmland, with food and health, and even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and sisters to work here with us, in the Libyan Jammohouriyah,

I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land, my people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so be it. let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up to crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stood up to betrayal, stood up the West and its colonialist ambitions, and that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of light,

When others were building castles, I lived in a modest house, and in a tent, I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah’a’deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself in the West.

Some have called me “mad,” “crazy,” but they know the truth but continue to lie, they know that our land is independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will fight to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help us to remain faithful and free" Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by deals: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
‎1. There are no electricity bills in Libya; electricity is free for all of its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. A home is considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 83%

6. Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.1515. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country."
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by andyanders: 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2011
@deals

That's with a population of about 7 million people, why wouldn't he give them electricity free and other things you mentioned. They have oil and he and his family control the oil.  We are about 150 million people with ethnic problem. You cannot say he tried. He and his immediate family ran the affairs of Libya for 42 good years.\\Don't just say what you don't know about people.

If you have only one son to take care of, you cannot compare that person to a person with 15 children.
With the resources available to hm, he can even buy them Lamborghini each and build mansions for each person.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Rgp92: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2011
andyanders:

@deals

That's with a population of about 7 million people, why wouldn't him give them electricity free and other things you mentioned. They have oil and he and his family control the oil. We are about 150 million people with ethnic problem. You cannot say he tried. He and his immediate family ran the affairs of Libya.\\Don't just say what you don't know about people.

If you have only one son to take care of, you cannot compare that person to a person with 15 children.
With the resources available to hm, he can even buy them Lamborghini each and build mansions for each person.

Tell me another dictator who has done what "deals" said to his people?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by adamaw2tuf: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
WaltherPPK:

Should I bother calling you what you are not.I will call you bastard 1000 times because that is exactly what you are.I have told you your life history that is why u are mad.You confirmed your mother was wh.oring in Asaba during the war.There where many wh.ores in Asaba then that ran with hausa soldiers your mother was one of them, that was how u learnt hausa which you also confirmed.Your mother sold you the lie that you were fathered by an Ijaw fisherman, when in actuallity she does not know who you father was.So what are you? A BASTARD.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IJAW HERE MY FRIEND,THE MONKEY WHO CHANGES COLOR JUMPING FROM ONE THREAD TO ANOTHER WITH HIS MULTIPLE USERNAMES STIRRING FIGHTS IS ALHJ_HARAM SO IF YOU THINK IT'S IJAW PLEASE TAKE NOTE FROM TODAY.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by 9JAGENIUS: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
call me names, don't care cos over the years i ve always stand behind the truth and as a result of my action,i ve been tagged unpatriotic fellow.

I m still wondering why we (IGBO) keep saying we were killed by Nigerian soldiers when we all knew thatcol coward Ojukwu led our kinsmen to their untimely death. The annoying part of the whole story is the fact that coward Ojukwu ran away while his kinsmen re being killed as a result of his stupidity.

How on earth did we expect the nigerian soldiers to fold their arms while biafrans were shooting @ anyting on sight except our kinsmen? c'mon guys,i m not hypocrite,i ll say the truth,we got what we deserved. U never heard Germans complained of genocide when they knew how the war started and their son's role in the war. You don't start a fight and complain of being beaten at d same time.

Let the truth be told,if we were opportuned then to secede from Nigeria,nothing would ve changed from the way things are being runned now because with monthly allocation from the Federal Govt,our governors re not(ve not) doing anything for the betterment and development of our region.

Finally,i think i must not fail to say that we need to stop clamouring for a Igbo presidential candidate for 2015 election. How has our people @ home(east) benefitted from all these looters called politicians? check this out,we have our kinsmen in the best positions of jonalthan administration,how has our people benefit from it? tell me if you know,i guess your answers re as good as mine. Must d candidate  come from south east? capital NO!!!!! and the same thing applicable to other regions. Let look for the best among us(all nigerians) and our destinies ll take a new course.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by aljharem3: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
adamaw2tuf:

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IJAW HERE MY FRIEND,THE MONKEY WHO CHANGES COLOR JUMPING FROM ONE THREAD TO ANOTHER WITH HIS MULTIPLE USERNAMES STIRRING FIGHTS IS ALHJ_HARAM SO IF YOU THINK IT'S IJAW PLEASE TAKE NOTE FROM TODAY.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin I must have really gotten to u igbos oh. chai grin grin grin grin i no go lie, it is bad grin grin

Some of una just they get head ache for nothing. The funny thing is that I have LOTS OF IGBO friends  and heck I might even be closer than u think wink
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by aljharem3: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
9JAGENIUS:

call me names, don't care cos over the years i ve always stand behind the truth and as a result of my action,i ve been tagged unpatriotic fellow.

I m still wondering why we (IGBO) keep saying we were killed by Nigerian soldiers when we all knew thatcol coward Ojukwu led our kinsmen to their untimely death. The annoying part of the whole story is the fact that coward Ojukwu ran away while his kinsmen re being killed as a result of his stupidity.

How on earth did we expect the nigerian soldiers to fold their arms while biafrans were shooting @ anyting on sight except our kinsmen? c'mon guys,i m not hypocrite,i ll say the truth,we got what we deserved. U never heard Germans complained of genocide when they knew how the war started and their son's role in the war. You don't start a fight and complain of being beaten at d same time.

Let the truth be told,if we were opportuned then to secede from Nigeria,nothing would ve changed from the way things are being runned now because with monthly allocation from the Federal Govt,our governors re not(ve not) doing anything for the betterment and development of our region.

Finally,i think i must not fail to say that we need to stop clamouring for a Igbo presidential candidate for 2015 election. How has our people @ home(east) benefitted from all these looters called politicians? check this out,we have our kinsmen in the best positions of jonalthan administration,how has our people benefit from it? tell me if you know,i guess your answers re as good as mine. Must d candidate  come from south east? capital NO!!!!! and the same thing applicable to other regions. Let look for the best among us(all nigerians) and our destinies ll take a new course.

are u alj harem ?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by kenogy: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2011
@bluetooth,  i have taken my time to go thru ur thread and cant help but say dat ur a complete iidiot with no sense. Just making noise of a subject he knows nothin about. please do urself a favour a shut up ur ignorant mouth. u have d guts to mention the name of a Fighter when  cant boast of one amongst ur people, u think fighting for a cause is tuggrey cus dats all ur people do, punks!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by freepeople: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
One was born into average family but attained greatness, one was born by a wealthy family (using his village standard) but bought his way;
One could be General or field Marshal but remained a Colonel, one wanted to bully his way but could only be a Colonel;
One became King of kings of Africa, the other was made an Owelle in one corner of African jungle;
One made life easy for his people, one made life a living hell for his own;
One could speak Arabic, English, Italian among many languages while the other barely speak passable English and ramble in another one;
One instill fear in enemies, the other piss in his pants when enemies surface;
One has IQ of 136, the other has IQ of 72

Your ignorance is so glaring that I don't know where to start. Bash Igbos, insult Igbos smiley I blame Lord Lugard for forcing us into this mess.
I will only respond to the bolded. What's the exchange rate of N/$ in the 60s. undecided Having taken the exchange rate of N to $ into consideration; can you now say that Ojukwu's father is wealthy "using his village standard"  
You will find the wikipedia article below to be of some help to you in fighting your stupendous ignorance of Ojukwu's wealthy father.

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, KBE, (1909-1966) was an extremely successful Nigerian businessman from Nnewi. Ojukwu was the first and founding President of The Nigerian Stock Exchange as well as President of The African Continental Bank. He was also on the board of directors of some of Nigeria's most powerful and most prestigious companies such as Shell Oil Nigeria Limited. He won a parliamentary seat during the nation's first republic. He attended a primary school in Asaba and the Hope Waddell Institute.
[center]Life and career[/center]

Ojukwu started his professional career at the Agricultural department before leaving to join John Holt as a tyre sales clerk. He also incorporated a textile company in Onitsha to supplement his income during this period, already exhibiting a little bit of his entrepreneurial spirit. While at John Holt, he noticed the severe strain a lack of adequate transportation had on Eastern textile traders. He later left John Holt to create a transport company to improve the trading environment for Nigerian traders. As a transporter, he was a tireless worker and meticulous to detail; he was usually the first to inspect his transport vehicles for oil and leakages. Apart from his work ethic, his success was also oiled by the economic boom after World War II, working with the West African Railway Company and the newly inaugurated produce boards, he provided his fleet for commodity transportation and for other traders use. During the 1950s, he diversified his interest, bought some industries, invested heavily in the real estate sector and became a director in numerous major corporations including the state-owned Nigerian National Shipping Line. He was a member of the board of Nigerian Coal Corporation, Shell Oil, D'Archy, and African Continental Bank.
Ojukwu died in 1966, just a year before the Nigerian civil war. His son Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was the leader of the secessionist state of Biafra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu

I don't blame the faceless you for spewing so much hatred against the Igbo tribe. Ojukwu is revered amongst the Igbos. By insulting him, you are insulting the sensibility of the Igbos. I blame the ethnic bias of the NL moderators. I saw similar topic comparing Diya and Gadhaffi. If this silly thread could make it to the front page, why wont it's look-alike?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2011
deals:

‎1. There are no electricity bills in Libya; electricity is free for all of its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. A home is considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 83%

6. Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.1515. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country."
O boy even americans and britains no dey enjoy like this o.instead na debt wan kill them.their citizens are OCCUPYing everything yet they keep spending money to cause conflict all over the world.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Ogosoga: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2011
He that fight and run away lives to fight another day.
Gadafi fought and is captuted and killed, will he ever fight again?
Awolowo was a  female coward not even a male coward.
Abiola won an election but due to the fact that the yorubas can not fight he never ruled
and die with his mandate, and yet the yoribas are not ashamed rather they are here to compare
someone that can say no and stand with Aburi meeting.

Yorubas can only make noise abuse but don't have the liver to fight.
We are comparing Gadafi to Ojukwu, please tell me any Yorub man that
cab be compared to Gadafi
?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Kc3000: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
I don't know about Ojukwu and Gadhaffi, both are definitely strong fellows. But I'm a 100000% sure Ojukwu is more of a man than the following people all put together:

Awolowo - actually tried to plan the first coup in nigeria, failed miserably as his plan never got off the ground, and ended up in federal prison. Sold his soul and that of all his relatives just to bear the title 'president of nigeria' even if it was for one day. Alas, the best he ever amounted to was FINANCE MINISTER under a 30-something year old army general. The stench of the embarrassment was too much that he did what all cowards do; committed suicide.

Abiola- This character was an accomplice in the looting of Nigeria's treasury for many years, and then turned around and tried to demand power from his partners in crime. At the end of the day, he was offed silently, along with some of his family and nothing really happened. Neither he, nor his army of noise-makers exacted any retribution.

The weeping Generals- The[b] most shameless display of cowardice[/b] ever recorded in the history of the Nigerian military, played out when[b] Generals Diya, Adisa, Olarenwaju, and a bunch of other yorubas[/b] decided it was their own turn to man up and plan a coup in Nigeria, since everyone else had done so. Unlike other coups before this one, be it succesful or not, we were confronted by the spectacle of so called Generals crying like little girls, and prostrating before junior officers like Captains and Majors. The cowards completely lost their military bearing and whatever little respect they had, and I could not believe my eyes. The images of Diya and Adisa face down and crying at the feet of a common Major(mustapha) is forever etched in our memories. From the first coup of 1966, up till this point, all apprehended coupist faced the music with courage and some even with defiance in the face of torture. But these 'gentlemen' clearly lacked the intestinal fortitude for the adventure they got involved in. My grandmother has more balls than this bunch.
Just like Awolowo's coup, this nonsense never saw the light of day. SNITCHING like little girls while trying to play a grown man's game.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by andyanders: 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
@9JAGENIUS

You are sick and need to re-examine yourself. I need not to discuss/argue with people like you who still feel that what Ojukwu clamored for was for selfish  reasons. I think you are a product of waste, of dumb minds who came together to produce  a waste like you. You need to be feed with rat poison. If you don't know the true story of the civil war, then go to sleep. If you ever eat any food prepared by any Ibo person, you die of it. Iddi.ot like you. If you think you can offer anything to the people of the east, go back to your people as you claim to be an Ibo man and contribute to the development of your area. If you call that Ibo people cannot rule, you as an Ibo person cannot rise to any meaningful position in live also in all your endeavor.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2011
Why did ojuku run away ,Is biafra not worth dying for ? You guys keeping saying rubbish about fighting for another meanwhile ojuku has been unconscious for more than a year and is being locked away in a london mental home.so how is such person going to fight again ? A real man fights till the end.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by andyanders: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Kc3000

Never you say what you do not know. Awo never committed suicide. What kind of unsound minds  are you people. I don't  think anybody has done what Awo did for his people. You people come here to insult your elders because of lack of knowledge.

Be careful so that the gods of the land or the dead don't come after you.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Kc3000: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
I don't know about Ojukwu and Gadhaffi, both are definitely strong fellows. But I'm a 100000% sure Ojukwu is more of a man than the following people all put together:

Awolowo - actually tried to plan the first coup in nigeria, failed miserably as his plan never got off the ground, and ended up in federal prison. Sold his soul and that of all his relatives just to bear the title 'president of nigeria' even if it was for one day. Alas, the best he ever amounted to was FINANCE MINISTER under a 30-something year old army general. The stench of the embarrassment was too much that he did what all cowards do; committed suicide.

Abiola- This character was an accomplice in the looting of Nigeria's treasury for many years, and then turned around and tried to demand power from his partners in crime. At the end of the day, he was offed silently, along with some of his family and nothing really happened. Neither he, nor his army of noise-makers exacted any retribution.

The weeping Generals- The[b] most shameless display of cowardice[/b] ever recorded in the history of the Nigerian military, played out when[b] Generals Diya, Adisa, Olarenwaju, and a bunch of other yorubas[/b] decided it was their own turn to man up and plan a coup in Nigeria, since everyone else had done so. Unlike other coups before this one, be it succesful or not, we were confronted by the spectacle of so called Generals crying like little girls, and prostrating before junior officers like Captains and Majors. The cowards completely lost their military bearing and whatever little respect they had, and I could not believe my eyes. The images of Diya and Adisa face down and crying at the feet of a common Major(mustapha) is forever etched in our memories. From the first coup of 1966, up till this point, all apprehended coupist faced the music with courage and some even with defiance in the face of torture. But these 'gentlemen' clearly lacked the intestinal fortitude for the adventure they got involved in. My grandmother has more balls than this bunch.
Just like Awolowo's coup, this nonsense never saw the light of day. SNITCHING like little girls while trying to play a grown man's game.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Rgp92: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
Kc3000:

Still dont change the fact that Ojucowardwu ran away grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Ogosoga: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
Awolowo was a female coward not even a male coward.
Abiola won an election but due to the fact that the yorubas can not fight he never ruled
and die with his mandate, and yet the yoribas are not ashamed rather they are here to compare

cab be compared to Gadafi?

Yorubas are always noise makers, they can only settle for little, that is why the notherners use them like rags.
Abiola won the election but it took Francis Athur Nzeribe to stop him because of the too much noise making of Yoyubas.
Abiola sais '' I CAN DO WITHOUT IBOS'' and he dies without IBOS.
Awolow was begging like a coward just to rule Nigeria for a day be he never did,
When will the yorubas produce a hiro and a war lord like Ojukwu and Gadafi?
grin angry
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by aloyemeka1: 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ghadaffi had balls of steel?. The same Ghadaffi who begged for his life in the hands of his captors?. Why is it difficult for Africans to differentiate heroism from greed?. He greedily wanted to hold on to power at all cost and being used to it for the best part of his adult life, he couldn't imagine life without power.

[size=14pt]Gaddafi offered gold, money for life – Witness[/size]
on OCTOBER 23, 2011 · in NEWS

LAGOS — Desperate Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi begged for his life by offering gold and money before he was killed, a witness has revealed.

Hammad Mufti Ali, 28, has told how the former leader frantically offered his captors riches beyond their wildest dreams after he was dragged from his sewer hideaway.

The details emerged as mystery still surrounded the final moments of Col. Gaddafi’s life and as his body remained unburied amid calls for an investigation into his death.

Ali, the commander of a brigade in Sirte, told Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera: “He was pulled from the drain and he was pushed around.

“He said he was willing to offer anything in exchange for his life – he said he had money and gold for us if we spared his life.

“He was losing a lot of blood – he was 69 years old and his body could not take it. He was in a bad way. He had had wounds everywhere from shrapnel and from being beaten.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/gaddafi-offered-gold-money-for-life-witness/

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by 2mch(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2011
Is Seun111 = Hot Funmi or Alj Harem = Step 1= Lamidi Obi ati be be lo.

Ogosoga:

Awolowo was a  female coward not even a male coward.

cab be compared to Gadafi?

Yorubas are always noise makers, they can only settle for little, that is why the notherners use them like rags.
Abiola won the election but it took Francis Athur Nzeribe to stop him because of the too much noise making of Yoyubas.
Abiola sais '' I CAN DO WITHOUT IBOS'' and he dies without IBOS.
Awolow was begging like a coward just to rule Nigeria for a day be he never did,
When will the yorubas produce a hiro and a war lord like Ojukwu and Gadafi?
grin angry

grin grin grin cheesy

Is this a joke? So someone is admitting the flight. . .
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by davidom: 1:37am On Oct 24, 2011
poster you seem to have a very poor background of history . Let me help you.
One was born of Arab poor shepherd the other was born by a multi billionaire Igbo business Man.
One left his fathers poverty for the wealth of his country the other left his fathers billions to fight for his people.
One could barely last 8 months fighting rebels backed by only NATO the other was a rebel fighting a government army back heavily by Soviet union . Great Britain
Germany. Egypt. Arab world Muslim world. Ijaws . Fulani hausa . Yoruba and over 250 Nigeria tribes and African union with only 177 rifles for 30 Months.

One was killer by rebels the other was never captured by the inept nigerian army despite their foreign backing.

One is being dishonored and rejected by his people the other is celebrated and loved .

One was called a mad dog the other a great lion.
Retarded poster.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Dede1(m): 2:16am On Oct 24, 2011
9JAGENIUS:

Finally,i think i must not fail to say that we need to stop clamouring for a Igbo presidential candidate for 2015 election. How has our people @ home(east) benefitted from all these looters called politicians? check this out,we have our kinsmen in the best positions of jonalthan administration,how has our people benefit from it? tell me if you know,i guess your answers re as good as mine. Must d candidate come from south east? capital NO!!!!! and the same thing applicable to other regions. Let look for the best among us(all nigerians) and our destinies ll take a new course.

I seriously wonder if you are of Igbo extraction. Nobody with Igbo blood flowing in his her veins would display stupidity with defiance the way you did with the above post. Who would want to call you names when there is no name suitable for your description?

Going by the manner in which you stood up skewed acquired knowledge, I wonder if you have ever opened any historical books in order to view sketched pictures meant as illustrations.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by bankol18(m): 4:18am On Oct 24, 2011
jobless niggers on this damn forum,starter of this despicable gutter called a thread needs to go get some fuc*ing Mouth Action by some bit#h in the hood, or hit the strip club and get some Mouth Action for want of something better to do. bloody gay ass mof*&^^^^#ers grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by remarkD(m): 4:44am On Oct 24, 2011
cry cryi type this huge response and it all disappears! is somebody out to get me or something? anywho, in summary of my lost post, or in memory of it:

OP: Its okay to hate Ojukwu, or the Igbos, or both, but no need making a comparison.

First Citizen: Way to go previously seperating the issues - ethnicity versus the question of an act of cowardice, wish everyone can  be that way. However, your stance is weak becausethe paradime you chose to define who a coward is, someone who starts something he can't finish, or more succintly, someone who runs away to save his life, as someone had rightfully said, has not been examined in concrete defining contexts of cowardice.    

I won't belabor this by differentiating a bonafide coward (naturally) to a cowardly act. Since the only reason you're associating the term 'coward' with Ojukwu is cause he left for Ivory Coast,  we can now debate if that gives him such label.

I say no, it doesn't, it shouldn't because:
- As the Biafran leader, he still have powerand respect no matter where he was.  He didn't resign or quit. So whether he's in a house in West Africa/Cote D'Ivoire, or in a bush or a hole in Uzuakoli, the main objective is to avoid capture by the enemy, by all means, and that is what he did, rather successfully.  Good man smiley
So,  fleeing  to Ivory Coast, does not make him a coward.

- Secondly, do you know how the decision was reached that he should leave for Cote D'Ivoire?You've seen how Gadafi's body (with his "balls of steel" as the OP puts it)  was in public display; Saddam Hussein, when he was caught,  how  his humiliating pictures were floating the internet; its on record that the Biafran commanders pressured Ojukwu to leave, because they knew, as much as you and i know, what they would have done, had they caught this heart of a lion that had given them hell for 3 years.    
No, sir. Nigeria wasn't gonn' get that 'trophy' they wanted.

it might not have been an act of heroism either, i agree with you on that one, for that particular act; but if you go back in context, and look at the whole picture, an objective mind would not deny Ojukwu the priviledges of a hero because he fled to Ivory Coast.

good night everyone.

P.s. Oh by the way, one of my new admirers  and heros of the Nigerian/Biafran war is Col. E.A. Etuk, google him and read about his role in the war, very awesome man smiley or check my post where i made reference to him today on the 'Who is scared of Igbos -  an interesting article' thread.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by ebere1712: 5:51am On Oct 24, 2011
it should be like who's got the bigger brain colonel (mumu) seuun or the average leprosy infested free range chicken. My vote is the chicken, because it at least, has the decency to hide itself.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2011
bankol18:

jobless niggers on this damn forum,starter of this despicable gutter called a thread needs to go get some fuc*ing MouthAction by some bit#h in the hood, or hit the strip club and get some MouthAction for want of something better to do. bloody man-lover Bottom mof*&^^^^#ers grin
with this type of chores , believe me, i will borrow your album grin grin grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2011
Seems like Gadhaffi is winning. Very interesting.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Diligence: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2011
How dare u compare Ojukwu wt who? - Ghadafi - that's somewhat silly.

Ojukwu remains a selfless hero, but Ghadaffi killed his own people and stole their wealth.

If millions of Libyans cld rejoice and still do at Ghad's death and even queue up to see the corpse of their Ghadaffi, then whoever posted this post is an OSU (COMPLETE OUTCAST)!

Please can any sane person tell me the reason for the comparison?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Leaked Letter To NBC: Ministry Reveals Reasons For N13 Million Loan / Journalist Loyal To Adams Oshiomhole Brutalised At His Office Over N5m Loot(pics / Aremo Osoba, Dapo Abiodun Pay A Visit to Pres. Buhari In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.