Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... (255 Views)

Physically Challenged Woman Who Claimed Her Baby Got Missing In Church Confesses / Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding / Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by ChristianFreedo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
"I think appointing Ministerial Servant and elders was one of the biggest eye opener for me, because when we were presented with a person who was appointed to the congregation like you said he was presented as a holy spirit chose that person and based on these scriptures we decided that this person will be now a ministerial servant or an elder. Behind the door the story was totally different. Behind the door was okay let's take a look at his hours, let's take a look at if he's, you know a regular at the meetings, is he preparing for the meetings, is he doing the microphones, is he doing the magazines, is he volunteer for construction of the kingdom halls, all those things were taking into consideration first and then I remember the coordinator would ask the body of elders to vote on a specific person and half of the people would raise their hands and half they didn’t and then he said, 'well because it's not unanimous, ... there is no point of us opening the bible', and I’m like well then I realize it's not the bible that decides who is appointed, it is our personal opinion about that person that decides and then we would use the bible to back up our decision. So, it's literally like shooting an arrow on the wall and then painting the target afterwards and then presenting the targets to the congregation saying see if it wasn't for Jehovah's spirit, that arrow would never end up in the center". Jack (time 9:07 - 10:40)

"because I realize it’s our life, everything we do, every decision that we have made was through that filter of Jehovah's Witnesses, what they told us to do and all of a sudden, if this is wrong then what is right, what is correct and how do you introduce this to your spouse, right, I started talking like, oh Hannah, I don't think this overlapping generation it just doesn’t make sense to me right and it's like nah, whatever right, she didn't care, okay, but what about this, if this is wrong, then the 607 is wrong, right, if the 607 is wrong, then the 1914 is wrong, it's like a dominos effect right and started verbalizing this and I met what I realized what it is called as backfire effect. Backfire effect happens when you question somebody's beliefs and instead of their critically thinking what you're saying, they will dig in their heels and put up a fight like like you have never seen before and my wife did just that. She said listen, 'I can't physically stop you from doing your research and reading the things that you're reading but you know what's going to happen. I followed you on many things but of this you are alone and the moment you are disfellowshipped, the kids will get married, they will leave this house, you will never see them again. It's up to you but we're gonna lose our business, we gonna lose our friends, we're gonna lose our family, you're gonna lose the kids, you're gonna be an outcast, you're gonna have nothing. If you don't agree with everything that the watchtower is teaching, that's your business, you don't have to say it to anybody, right. You think every catholic that goes to catholic church believes what the priest is saying? Why don't we just keep on going to the meetings, stay in and believe whatever is that you want to believe, you don’t have to share and and tell people what it is that you believe right and at least we won't lose everything and everyone that we believe in, but if you go that path, you are on your own'" - Jack (time 24:00 - 10:40)

1 Like

Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
ChristianFreedo, while you are visiting the lies of other sects, I hope you visit with the same eyes, the lies that are the sect you yourself belong to. undecided
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by ChristianFreedo(m): 9:29am On Feb 07
Kobojunkie:
ChristianFreedo, while you are visiting the lies of other sects, I hope you visit with the same eyes, the lies that are the sect you yourself belong to. undecided

Like which one? I worshiped nothing, I bow down to nothing or pray to nothing (except you will consider 0 as nothing, in that case 0 becomes a an object of worship)
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Feb 07
ChristianFreedo:
■ Like which one? I worshiped nothing, I bow down to nothing or pray to nothing (except you will consider 0 as nothing, in that case 0 becomes a an object of worship)
The doctrines and Traditions of your pastors counts as lies. You. Bowing down to them makes them gods over you. This is why I urged you use the same critical eye 👁 rather than close them when it comes to the lies of own sect. undecided
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by ChristianFreedo(m): 9:50am On Mar 22
Kobojunkie:
The doctrines and Traditions of your pastors counts as lies. You. Bowing down to them makes them gods over you. This is why I urged you use the same critical eye 👁 rather than close them when it comes to the lies of own sect. undecided

ChristianFreedo:

Like i said earlier, I worshiped nothing, I bow down to nothing or pray to nothing (except you will consider 0 as nothing, in that case 0 becomes a an object of worship)
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Mar 22
ChristianFreedo:
Did you read your own OP at all? undecided
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22
ChristianFreedo:

Like which one? I worshiped nothing, I bow down to nothing or pray to nothing (except you will consider 0 as nothing, in that case 0 becomes a an object of worship)

Atheist! cheesy
Re: She Said Listen, 'I Can't Physically Stop You From Doing Your Research But ... by achorladey: 4:05pm On Mar 22
MaxInDHouse:

Atheist! cheesy

dead or alive. Loooool

To much madness and insanities peddling dey you brains, now you are looking for means to draw attention of the dead. Looool!

Cc: Emusan

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Have Just Three Hours To Live? / How To Master The Art Of Palmistry Through Reading A Palm / Islam: Benefit Of Drinking Muhammed Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.