Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,725 members, 7,865,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job (31694 Views)

Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
ariesbull:
Those in Europe and USA are living on borrowed lives and credit

How can people be paying debts till their 80's
Ordinary boxers they buy with credit cards
Ordinary cars that we buy in Nigeria directly they buy via credit card
Ordinary phone they buy through credit
The whole thing is rat race... They live all their lives in credit and depression

Well that's why those countries are rich. All that credit adds to the general economic activity. You don’t have to save forever to buy stuff. They give it to you on credit because they know who you are and your credit worthiness. In Naija it's impossible because no reliable data base of individuals as to who they are!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
sukkot:
hehe truthfully its all about spirituality and contentment . cuz i know many unhappy people who have it all

Well, I think I got all the spirituality and contentment I need. What I want now is what your family got - to be able to go abroad on weekends as I wish without considering cost!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
Yaks02:

Visitors visa isn't really good enough, but if u trust ur friends then it's ok

My friends over there are the ones advocating delay

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Intrepid01:

Only if you kids knew better you will keep quiet, watch and learn.

I don't want to call you a blithering idiotic mumu who doesn't know what he is yapping about!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ajalalomo:

I am not worried about AI at all because I know my job is safe. Or you think AI will clean a septic tank.

I only concern about the economy, not AI because people will poop more as they eat more, which will bring in more money for me.

Oh you're into poop! Then you don't have to worry about AI at all. AI doesn't do poop
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by alyarmouk(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
Thanks for this

PoliteActivist:

This video below gives some ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwNNnOr-1U
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by justmondris: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That's the problem, I'm already quite ok here, and with potential 1.5m salary I'll be even more ok. So it's a real dilemma

Well, it depends on your goal in life and your definition of the word okay when it comes to finance. It's a personal decision and you should make the best decision for yourself.

Note: Money is not everything. You need to also consider the future opportunities both countries can offer you and make your decision. Maybe you should reach out to your friend in Canada and also seek advice from him.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by highchief1: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You can’t call yourself big man but your moniker is HIGH CHIEF!😆
chief Dey village when Dey drive bicycle
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Intrepid01(m): 12:04am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't want to call you a blithering idiotic mumu who doesn't know what he is yapping about!

Feel free kiddo, those who own you won’t do otherwise.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by otunbadan(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Why? For tricking you into admitting you're a fraud who lives somewhere in Ajegunle but pretending to live in Canada?!

No wahala bro … cheers
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:34am On Oct 20, 2023
grandstar:
I believe next year things will improve drastically for the economy with Buhari gone and the Naira made flexible again.

I just hope corporate tax can be reduced to 15%. I also hope the oil subsidy is gone for good.

With both measures, the economy could easily grow an average of 8% per annum for a decade. This will create lots of jobs and unemployment and underemployment rates would both plummet.

If commercial bank lending rate can be in single digits, growth could easily hit 9-10% annually which is transformative.

Good optimistic analysis. H'about now?
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:38am On Oct 20, 2023
grandstar:

Dey no wan hear word.

They say those telling them abroad no easy make dey come back to Naija come suffer if what they are saying is true grin grin grin

I know, right? Same reason people don’t leave a bad marriage - it's not as simple as it seems!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:43am On Oct 20, 2023
MT:

I hope you know it is one thing to have papers, it is another thing to make money. There are many people with papers that are homeless. Having paper is not the end itself, it is a means to the end.

Well said. All these homeless people videos and photos you keep seeing abroad are mostly people who have been citizens right from birth - didn't prevent them becoming extremely poor!

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:01am On Oct 20, 2023
sokeril:

Not against traveling per say o but for people who have something doing in Nigeria and are doing well why abandoning it to japaa?

That's the dilemma - possibility of going from a privileged life to a life of 2nd class citizenship!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by grandstar(m): 2:24am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Good optimistic analysis. H'about now?

From what is ground now, it will take time.

2 to 2 years for the economy to adjust.

Still the present government can do far more to kick the economy back to life such as my suggestion of lowering corporate taxes.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:48am On Oct 20, 2023
IbeOkehie:
Good thing Nigerians going to the West now are learning to do manual work like landscaping, computer wiring/network setups, auto mechanics and mobile car wash, cooking food and selling from their homes, sewing clothes & shoe repair, so having papers is not even as much a problem as before. Honestly I wish I had such skills when I arrived here, life would have been a lot easier. There's a woman who sells Nigerian food that we patronize often, we buy like one week worth of food at a time. When you go to pick up at her home you can see they're VERY BUSY. There's one or two more people that have opened walk up - carry out restaurants. They cater parties too. A Nigerian mobile car washer cleaned my car last week, he came to the office and did it. Who needs Green Card to do these?

Indeed, who needs a green card for these. Then again who wants to do these. Depends on your condition leaving Nigeria though

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:07am On Oct 20, 2023
GreyLaw:
In 200 years most incoming foreigners would have been bred out. I am Nigerian, I live in Scotland. I am a medical professional. I will marry a White lady. My children will be mulatoos, and they too may marry Whites if they please and that would completely whiten my blood line.

So we will cede a whole family line to whites and Scotland. I wonder if that's really a good thing
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:12am On Oct 20, 2023
jesmond3945:
What is the point of making all the money when a riff raff can snuff your life in a jiffy

Good point...
But it happens in the West too. We tend to forget that
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:20am On Oct 20, 2023
deepwater:
No jokes, the proof of fund required for a family of 5 in canada is over 13 million naira. Just proof of fund alone!
What you don't understand is that Nigeria can flip at any time! Nobody deserves that level of uncertainty hence people are moving to western world for sake of stability.
Nigeria infact flips all the time. Nothing is really static. But there's a lot of opportunity in that fluidity too!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:26am On Oct 20, 2023
planetx:
Most of these Western governments like the UK and Canada are part of a new world order open borders mass migration global reset agenda anyway, go to any Canadian online forum and read the comments. 99% of native Canadians are vehemently against their government bringing in 500,000 immigrants yearly and are blaming the mass migration for Canada's massive housing crisis, clogged up health care system and unavailability of good jobs not crappy jobs the government is advertising as being in shortage. So when you get to the UK that oyinbo hate your guts inside lol despite the fake Upper stiff lip smile and wondering inside why you people are massively invading his country and why his sell out government did not ask for his permission before bringing half of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
grin cheesy grin
I don't think it is new world order though. I think it is more that they need fresh blood in certain fields like health care because their population is aging
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:45am On Oct 20, 2023
IbeOkehie:
I lived in USA for over 15 years before taking my fate in my hands and moving back to Nigeria and creating a business and creating jobs. I was once an enthusiastic fan of Nigeria believe it or not. Now I've LIVED THE REALITY of a rich Nigerian.

True, it's NOT all about money.
That's why there is high probability that this plane ticket I'm looking at as I type this will be likely be used for it's purpose
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:53am On Oct 20, 2023
lesson44:
Back then, it was quality people that made it to abroad not quantities. I had two Uncles that were in the UK then, their coolness was out of this world. Not forming oh like today guys.
I moved to the US early 2000s. It took me two years to meet a Nigerian that matches their ratings.
I remember visiting Bahamas, A Bahamian woman that schooled in the Uk was asking me if we still have cool Nigerians in the UK that drive the fanciest car in London? Today na train most of them they ride.
Let me quickly add this, those guys then, were not economic migrants like we have today, that is the big difference.

These days things have flipped. Nigerians are the ones doing the menial jobs cheesy
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:04am On Oct 20, 2023
Arambetimofeda:
THE UK WAS ONCE A SWEET PLACE BUT ITS NOW A SHITTY PLACE. LOL. I NEED TO TURN THIS INTO A THREAD LOL THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING IN THE UK AGAIN IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WELL IN NAIJA BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN NAIJA. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE UK IS IN NAIJA EVEN KFC AND DOMINOS AND NIKE AND APPLE AND POSCHE AND SKETCHERS ETC ETC ETC . SO IF YOU CAN DEVISE A WAY TO EARN POUNDS IN NAIJA, ITS THE PLACE TO BE

I was in UK for over 10 years came back 1997, till date I have never thought of going back

Well to people here it is heaven, and people have actually said they're ready to japa there even if for slave job!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:14am On Oct 20, 2023
GreyLaw:
Look around major Nigerian cities. See how roads are built? No sidewalks, poor drainage system. In Western Europe the road is tarred to your 'doorstep'. Many cities here you'll look for sand and you won't see. We can do these things in Nigeria, but the average Black man is not yet civilised enough to care for his environment.

I don't think it is skin color. I think it is corruption. Corruption and bad luck!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:29am On Oct 20, 2023
Napata77:
I keep telling people, if you have money to japa, you have money to start a business that can turn you into a millionaire here in Nigeria.

True. But it's not always about money
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:35am On Oct 20, 2023
jedisco:
If you're single, bright with good skills, a legal means of migration can open your horizon much larger than you imagine now.

Exactly my thinking. Though for now my "legal means of migration" is a visitor visa
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:41am On Oct 20, 2023
BreconHills:

There is still a significant economic ceiling in the UK that blacks (Indians have hacked it) struggle to break through. Sure you can leverage your earnings and get a mortgage, car etc but your disposable ( non card) income will be weak. Finally after most have the two cars parked in a nice new development, they hit the ceiling and make peace with it. Some of their colleagues (and by the way I am talking about two sets of successful professionals) not only do well in Nigeria but get invites into a strata of UK society that immigrants can only look at.

I won't talk about the ageing period (70 plus) and absence of social support or the break with their completely acculturized children.

PS: I am not talking of struggling people in Nigeria o. By all means they can japa and do any work and still have better life.

Serious food for thought
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:46am On Oct 20, 2023
Possible1805:
The peer pressure to japa is currently just too much. People mentality is that traveling is the best option.
My patner started giving me pressure to move out of the country too at the other end am not seeing that as an achievement I mean she expect me to leave a job I created by myself 6years ago in nigeria that is currently fetching me at least 2-3m monthly to japa, if I do will loose all customers because the job is competitive, and for over 6year now I work from home, lose that kind of job and go to Uk as in what kind of job will fetch me 2-3m monthly savings in the Uk, the skills I have is only plumbing work skills i most do that as a side job in nigeria here I only attend to big job, japa is not for everyone you people should stop looking at it as a big achievement… and stop calculating you earning In naija just to say that you better off over there… peace ☮️

Japa is not for everyone indeed. Well said
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ifakiland(m): 4:51am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:
I already have my plane tickets o, and been planning my life in Canada oo!
Didn't think I'd actually land the job at all! 500K a month plus housing, car, health and life insurance benefits.
Why is life always like this??!! In serious dilemma what to do
Lolzzzz 500k? In naira that's less than £500/$500 and you say you're confused Lolzzz your story is fake abeg
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:53am On Oct 20, 2023
SIRTee15:
Karma they say is a bitxh, it bleeps you where and when least expected.
Europe is gone, America is next with Hispanic invasion. I have no single pity to give. U can't sow barley and expect wheat. Let them feel what other race have been dealing with in the name of global expansion.

Karma indeed is a bi...
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ifakiland(m): 4:54am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't do dm's, no time. But go ahead.
I want to say eff Canada too but the ideas and dreams in my head!
Wait first what kind of Canada visa do you even have? It sounds like it's a visitor visa....you can't work with a visitor visa na....your agent don whine for you ba....smh better sit and enjoy your job here smh
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:59am On Oct 20, 2023
Ifakiland:

Lolzzzz 500k? In naira that's less than £500/$500 and you say you're confused Lolzzz your story is fake abeg

Read b4 you comment so you don't make a fool of yourself. If you read the thread you'd know the 500k is probationary and quickly doubles and more.
Still I'm very likely leaving and will post my progress and photos on this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

FG Places 3,964 Nigerians On Watch List, Suspends Passports / Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) / Iyana Ipaja Road Construction In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.