Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force (7330 Views)

Let's Pray For The Peace Of Nigeria On The 10th Of December / pls let's pray For Our Brainwashed Brethren today. / Let's Pray For Yobe State. Churches Are Being Burnt Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by engrj(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
May De Merciful God help all of Us In Jesus Name Amen.
And i also pray for the Nigeria police to Make them do the right thing at the right time in Jesus name Amen
Also May God protect the Nigeria Police In Jesus Name Amen
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by kabukabu50(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
harakiri:

Whenever I hear religious folks talk about prayer, I interpret it as a sign of self defeat and nonchalance. Nigeria is now officialy the most religious country in the world (and no doubt,the most prayerful). Where has that got us? Armed robbers pray before going out to rob, thieving politicians are constant visitors at prayer houses, these policemen are more prayerful than YOU!

If prayer was effective, Nigeria ought to be the strongest country in the world. Prayers solves nothing. It's an act of cowardice. If you want a change,then take drastic steps to bring about change. The advanced countries in the world didn't get to where they are today with prayers. The technology around you (laptops,phones,TV,GPS etc) didn't come to being through prayers. This is post isn't the work of prayer. It's from the hardwork and sleepless nights of others.

Nuff said!

Thank you grin grin.These religious wingnuts are R[b][/b]etarded[b][/b]
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by highland(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
The type of change for the police is beyond prays, its training and discipline they require.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by ITbomb(m): 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
like he said , nigeria is a very religious country and some of those police officers are even more prayerfull than you. Just beware of accidental discharge
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by wiseman2011(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] @ poster n ur co~contributors I have some questions 4 u GUYS is it only the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE that needs prayer ?, u as an individual didn't u need prayer ?, have u finish praying 4 urself b4 u pray 4 another person ?, if u n co~contributors want to patriotic citizens there are more to do than to pray 4 npf.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Ofido(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
Most of u guys are ignorant of wat God can do thru prayers and fasting. Prayers changes all things.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
Pray for the Nigeria Police Force?? There are so many deserving prayer, I'll have to exhaust those first. Then perhaps pray for armed robbers.

The NPF are the least of my priorities, as far as prayers go.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Koolking(m): 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
My sister Azibalua, you are avoidably faffing. Thank God prayer is not limited in number. If it had you would have thought of better things to pray about so that you don't waste the limited number of prayers assigned to you. Pray for NPF?  shocked shocked shocked
Do they even acknowledge God in their daily activities? Their guns are their gods. Let any of them bark at you and you tell him, may God forgive you, you are a meat.  Are you saying these guys don't go to church? or don't have families who pray for them? These are guys who believe there is no God and if there was God they would definitely treat their employers (Taxpayers) with dignity. good begets good and evil begets evil.

I bet your prayers cannot undermine the collective prayers of those they have abused. So, let's us leave them to their folly
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by REVOLUTNIS: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
IT IS A WAST OF TIME PRAYING FOR CRIMINALS.
I PRAY BOKO HARAM KILLS ALL OF THEM.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
The carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things.
The issue with Nigeria is just as Spiritual as it is physical.

Physical steps must still be taken, like people getting off their arses and having a peaceful GROUP request to talk to some high level police person in regards to this.
However, this physical step MUST be backed with prayer otherwise the results would most likely be counter-active. Prayer sets the environment for all sorts of things to happen. If it has happened in the Spiritual, it will certainly happen in the Physical.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by jpphilips(m): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^ yes.

The reason naija is the way it is is because there are more serious fetishists than serious Christians.

There is a mystery to prayer and corporately beseeching the only Good God to come to the aid of a nation. I will try to explain:

A modern time reference to this mystery is the USA(Aka America). America was once One Nation Under God.
The forefathers founded the nation and principles on solid Christian values. America was a corporate entity built from the ground up with unshakeable Christian Foundations.
The very civilization was built and crafted in honor of God, and God, never failing to commit to his part, made them the envy of all nations.
They became the world super power, the entire world used their currency as a global reference. By the precepts of their forefathers, THIS is why the nation was so blessed and favored by God among all other nations. (They've certainly neglected these precepts now and have become sodom et gomorra incarnate, hence, like every other civilization that goes this route, begins their downfall, but that's anther story).

Now the nigerian forefathers, what did they do? They were busy serving demons. Calling on demons to have free reign on their generations after them.
And thus became introduced the enemies of all things good into the very core of the country generations onward. It was inevitable, the state Nigeria finds itself in. The politicians you are blaming are simply a product of a still very nasty Spiritual environment. Imagine people who go to church also going for babalawo rituals and feeling nothing wrong about it. You cannot physically shoot your way to a new spiritual environment, you can only spiritually war yourself , hence the need for prayer.

In summary, the prevalence of what a nation practices determines God's favor on that nation. If we keep on having more fetish practitioners than we have true Christians crying out to God for more than just the typical "bless my pocket and make it fat" prayers, how then can naija be healed of this cancer?

Surely I tell you that whatever "smart" ideas you think will solve this country's problems, if not backed by intense prayer from contrite hearts to shift the forces in place, it will fail.

[b]@ 2buff.

you are a display of gross laziness and unfettered cowardice. u seriously believed the Americans were only praying for miracles to happen u lazy lout.

the LA and NY we know today as the city of angels used to be the most violent cities in the world saddled with police corruption and brutality, robberies and various gang wars. the people stood up to it, fought for it and liberated it,

they became a world power because they struck the last blow that finished Hitler in Nagasaki 6 decades ago none of their accomplishments was a function of sleeping and praying but hard work.

what else do you want God to do for Nigerians? he has given u population so you will never lack men in your battles even with zero medicare;
he gave you the best climate and weather so that you will be active all year round
he gave you fertile ground for you shall not go hungry.
he saturated your earth with priceless minerals

amidst all you are still praying for him to intervene in your politics? do you think God is s.tupid? do you think God has no better things to deal with than lazy prayers coming from Nigeria?

my dear, God is not jobless, match yee to eagle square like your mates are doing in wall street, pitch your tent and fight for change God will protect you

America under one God indeed yet people are sleepless in wall street
Abraham Lincoln never rested
even mandela brought it to your doorstep

lazy m.oron continue sleeping and praying guess your God is too jobless to listen
[/b]
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^ Never said that's all they did. They fought wars and combined their faith with action.

Listen clear and listen well, I was never adverse to action. There is also the prayer that spurns the courage to action, because trust me, you sitting there typing and feeling like one thing, if they say "come let us all enter bus and drive all the way to Abuja to go and protest about this" you go simply say "ermmm, maybe another time. Na too much stress/i'm busy/etc."

Sometimes, Prayer without action, is like faith without works. . . .dead. If you're looking for job and praying your mouth off but you haven't submitted any resume anywhere, wetin go happen? Granted there are situations where all you can do is pray. For example, I cannot physically impact what some government ediot decides to do in Aso rock when I'm all the way here in my humble home in North America, but the heart of the king is in the hands of God and He can make a number of things happen.

Those that CAN take action I can join my prayer/faith with their action to corporately bring about change, none of which is lost because a lot is determined in the spiritual than you know. But nonetheless, until your spiritual awakening, all this is like explaining calculus to a baby.

Peace.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by inedi: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Prayer is the key, a man of God ones said " it appears God will do nothing except a man prays. Prayer changes things.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Parnassuss(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
I believe the efficacy of prayers and I think the poster has a point. We ought to back the prayers up with works too, but doesn't mean the prayers go to waste. I mean, who can authoritatively say they know exactly how God works. Lets do our bit fully; works and prayers! Thanks Poster.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Aderupoko2: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Nigerian Police is beyond repairs.Prayers for them is a serious waste of energy and God hates waste cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by seedord247(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
jp philips:

[b]@ 2buff.

you are a display of gross laziness and unfettered cowardice. u seriously believed the Americans were only praying for miracles to happen u lazy lout.

the LA and NY we know today as the city of angels used to be the most violent cities in the world saddled with police corruption and brutality, robberies and various gang wars. the people stood up to it, fought for it and liberated it,

they became a world power because they struck the last blow that finished Hitler in Nagasaki 6 decades ago none of their accomplishments was a function of sleeping and praying but hard work.

what else do you want God to do for Nigerians? he has given u population so you will never lack men in your battles even with zero medicare;
he gave you the best climate and weather so that you will be active all year round
he gave you fertile ground for you shall not go hungry.
he saturated your earth with priceless minerals

amidst all you are still praying for him to intervene in your politics? do you think God is s.tupid? do you think God has no better things to deal with than lazy prayers coming from Nigeria?

my dear, God is not jobless, match yee to eagle square like your mates are doing in wall street, pitch your tent and fight for change God will protect you

America under one God indeed yet people are sleepless in wall street
Abraham Lincoln never rested
even mandela brought it to your doorstep

lazy m.oron continue sleeping and praying guess your God is too jobless to listen
[/b]

I second what you said. But before I comment i will like to sing the song we used to sing in primary school.

Prayer is the key, Prayer is the Key, Prayer is the master Key . . . . Jesus anwer his prayer and . . . . .

The wall Of jericho Fell down Flat, The Wall Jericho Fell down Flat, and the Children of God are praising tha Lord the wall Of Jericho fell down.

The wall of jericho didn't fall down with prayer alone but with determination from the people of Israelite.

so my dear Nigerians If you keep blabbing behind your PC, giving isolated comment saying prayer will help and we are not ready to work up to it

Fela has already fortold what's going tp happen to nigerians future which is currently happnening now.

Soja Go beat you, you nor go talk rather keep on begging him

We fear for the thing we nor see. . . Look at what happen in Jan 27 2001 at Ikeja. The Bomb did not kill much people, but the people can't fid

wettin dey pushu dem.

We fear to fight for, liberty, happiness, freedom because one or two stupid reason. Your Girlf Friend, Your Mother, Your papa, Your pickin, Your Car's,

Your House, Your Children.

Libya, egypt, Tunisia are free now from slave and their children children will keep on praying for them.

As for me It start today am ready to hang the plane down to Nigeria.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by hbrednic: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ALL
thanks for your prayers,
please do drop your offerings to any police post nearest to you ( no 20 naira notes pls)
WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOU tongue tongue
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by BigPhil(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
We Nigerians are a sorry bunch,NEPA takes power for days and brings it for one hour,We will say Thank God ooo,The tap runs for some minutes,Thank God ooo,We drive/travel on the most neglected and eyesore and gut wrenching roads;Thank God oooo;We queue for hours to buy petrol or kerosene;Thank God oooo.

Instead of We to hold the Nigerian Policewhom are being paid by the tax payers to account for the gross incompetence;Lets pray for the police. undecided
Anyway my prayer is thus;,Dear God,Please vanquish and scatter this miserably lot called the Nigerian Police.
Put yourselves in array against the ( Nigerian Police ) round about her :all ye that bend the bow,shoot at her(Nigerian Police),Spare no arrows: for she(Nigerian Police) has sinned and committed terrible crimes against the Nigerian People. angry
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by CGKing(m): 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
guys guys guys, calm down. I think he is right. We really need to pray for d police force. Consider all they ve done for d nation. Pls lets pray.

I pray oh Lord, for the Police Force today. Pls Lord, deliver us from them Oh Lord. Amen!
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
Father let your fire come down against the demons in black who parade as our "friend" but steal the bountiful blessings you provide us daily.

Lord as your children we seek to possess our possession from this blood and Naira sucking demons that place evil checkpoints along our highways.

Father lord we declare your blessing upon our lives and cast out every black uniform wearing demon seeking to cause us pain, woes and sorrow.

Jehovah papa in your word it is said that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. We are certain that these men in black are agents of spiritual wickedness in high places and we cast and bind them in the abyss forever.

Thank you for your word because we know that no weapon fashioned us shall prosper. These agents or weapons of principalities parading as the police will never prosper. Amen
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Outstrip(f): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
I don't know any other group of people that pray more than Nigerians. Yet ,
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by nairapark: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
Some of you guys are so funny and very naughty. They truly need our prayers because things can't continue like this. I pray that God protect them and grant them wisdom to perform their duties rightly with the fear of God in their hearts in Jesus name. (Amen) cool
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by FRANKMANUE(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
{Now the nigerian forefathers, what did they do? They were busy serving demons. Calling on demons to have free reign on their generations after them.}

angry I think na the grandpapa of your papa grandpapa prayed to the devil no bi my ancestors. may GOD USE THE DEVILS AKAMU SPOON PURNISH YOUR DESCENDANTS. That is how your likes will always leave us in the hands of spiritual colonizers. Go and trace the history of monotheism, you will understand see how Aknethon started what we call Oneness of of God. Your fanatic approach to religion will never allow you to see reasons that our forefather are holier than whatever we obtain today in the so called churches and your pastors and priests. It`s unfortunate to have given birth as a human being. you should have been created into the folks of monkeys.
What great grand fathers are among the elder in heaven singing to God`s glory and and the wanderer called your grandmonkeyfather has always been with the devil right from this world.
Why not try and pray for the police and see if our miraculous God will not change them for better.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^ wow u registered just to spew forth this trash?
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Niseamaka(m): 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
if the tunisians, the Egyptians, and the libyans have relied on prayers
the dictators in those countries will still be in power today brutalising
their people.They took the bull by the horn and got the change they
require. whoever believe that we will get the positive change we seek
in the nigerian police force(service) through prayers is living in illusion.
Nigerians are too passive.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2011
All that been said, we DO need more action though.
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2011
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by lukkie(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2011
Why stop at Nigerian Police? Pray for Nigeria to turn to London overnight.

Your education is a waste. Why not stay in the village farming?
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by BetaThings: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Dear God.

May your name be Infinitely Glorified from Everlasting to Everlasting.
May your Children Taste the Richness of your Blessings and the power of your Grace in their Lives.
May your Message find Good Soil on this Bad Earth to Grow and Flourish in the face of the Biting Desert Wind and Cruel Scorching Sun

We come to thee Oh Father of Heaven. We seek your Face as we have done every other Friday along Ibadan/Lagos Expressway in our Millions.
We have come to seek your favor and privileged attention on an urgent matter known as the Nigerian Police Force AKA NPF (No Permanent Friend)

While we take time off our own Prayer Requests for Promotions, Children, Spouses, Cars, Money, DSTv, Generators, New Shoes (for those who wish to be President some day) and Special Assistant Positions in the Lagos State Government. We wish to ask for your unrelenting favor in granting our humble request outlined below

1: Grant the Nigerian Police Force the Liver to Fight Crime in all dimensions and from all perpetrators e.g Rascals and Area boys, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Rauf Aregbesola and Baba Ijebu (I hate that guy)  angry
2: Grant the Nigerian Police Force the Grace to hold their temper preventing them from killing fast-mouthed Civilians whenever they are on duty Night or Day
3: Grant the Nigerian Police Force the Wisdom to actually solve crimes around Political Assassinations rather than blaming "Hoodlums"
5: Grant the Nigerian Police Force the Pride to stop being Body-Guards to Pastors and Preachers when they should be protecting our lives

Father, oh Heavenly Father, this prayer request is different from our usual requests for our own needs, this is the NPF and we humbly ask you to pass-over our own needs and answer the cries of your children,

In Jesus Name

AMEN
So you cannot even credit God with the ability to identify the criminals?
You have established their guilt beyond doubt?
And of course since Jonathan designated them "rascals", "god" must so accept?
So you must identify them by name and even "remind" god that you hate someone?
And the people you identified by name are are the principal criminals in Nigeria?
I also notice that they are Muslims. Christians can do no wrong, I suppose
Hypocrisy of christians is something else

I wonder what would happen if you became INEC chairman, IG, CAS, CJN, President
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by BetaThings: 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

Lord God almighty, forces of evil have spoken of their desire to see your children come to harm. For you Lord art our Father, our creator, our shepherd/defender/protector, let us not come to harm in the hands of the wicked. Lord God, let us not walk at the set time of evil. Father Lord, plagues worse than those of Egypt in the reign of the defiant Pharaoh, let them be the portion of the wicked. Let there be mass hysteria in the encampment of the enemy. Let them fall on their own swords and die. Let them turn on one another, and may the outcome be a fatal one. Let them fall victims of their own evil plans. Lord God, because the wicked have decided to afford your children no rest, they shall never have peace, their lives will be froth with travails, so much that they'll have no time for their evil plans. Let their suffering be so much they long for their graves. Destroy them like you did Sodom and Gomorrah, Lord. If indeed you created us to serve your purpose, let this be the portion of the wicked. Thank you Lord for once again answering our prayers, for in Jesus' mighty name we have prayed. Amen!
Are you asking good for yourself or wishing ill on the others
Why do Christians believe that cursing is prayer
Why is it not possible for you to ask for progress, peace etc
Afterall, if God grants those, HE would have taken care of the "wicked" and the "evil"

At what point do you ask God to change the mind of the "evil" and the "wicked"
And convert? Or isn't there sufficient space in heaven?
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by BetaThings: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
Re: Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force by Tsammy: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2011
nairapark:

Some of you guys are so funny and very naughty. They truly need our prayers because things can't continue like this. I pray that God protect them and grant them wisdom to perform their duties rightly with the fear of God in their hearts in Jesus name. (Amen)  cool

I say amen amen amen!

Aderupoko2:

Nigerian Police is beyond repairs.[b]Prayers for them is a serious waste of energy [/b]and God hates waste cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Heavens Devotional. / Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight / I Will Embrace Death As An Atheist Any Time! What Is Afterlife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.