Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,149 members, 7,780,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 AM

Bribe Killer Cops Identified - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bribe Killer Cops Identified (1353 Views)

Go After Killer Herdsmen: Buhari Orders CDS, IGP / Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribe Killer Cops Identified by sley4life(m): 2:32am On Oct 24, 2011
Bayelsa checkpoint killing: Eyewitnesses name killer patrol members

Eye witnesses of the October 16 killing of 20-year-old Emmanuel Victor in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, have identified the policeman who allegedly shot him dead at a police checkpoint.

The policeman is said to be popularly known as the “Boko Haram of the Nigeria Police.”

He was said to have shot Victor five times at different parts of his body and even when he was dead.

Our correspondent learnt that the policemen that mounted the roadblock on the fateful day was led by one Inspector John.

Prior to the incident,Boko Haram was said to have been a regular face at the checkpoint allegedly harassing commercial motorcyclists.

The policeman, our correspondent learnt, has not been seen at the checkpoint since the incident happened nine days ago.

Victor was killed on Sanni Abacha Expressway, Yenagoa for allegedly condemning bribery and the extortion of money from motorists at the checkpoint.

The deceased was said to be returning from church service in company with his mother when the incident happened.

Sources said his mother pleaded in vain to stop his son from being shot.

The policeman, who allegedly threatened to shoot his mother for attempting to help her son, was said to have removed a copy of the Holy Bible he was holding at the time of his death and replaced it with a pair of scissors.

But one week after he was killed, the police said on Sunday that Victor’s murder was still under investigation.

The Bayelsa State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Eguavoen Emokpae,  told our correspondent, “We are still investigating.

“All I can say for now is that people should exercise patient while investigation lasts. I have been to the Criminal Investigation Department and they said the report of the investigation was not ready.

http://news.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2269:bayelsa-checkpoint-killing-eyewitnesses-name-killer-patrol-members&Itemid=542
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 24, 2011
There's a Sanni Abacha expressway in the east? undecided

I hope this wont become another "swept under the carpet" case, like the Abia gang ra pe.
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by sley4life(m): 2:36am On Oct 24, 2011
Lol definitely even in the west you have Sani abacha expressway. This news can be moved to crime section if there is on NL
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by okadaman2: 3:00am On Oct 24, 2011
I hope the family can find this policeman and hang him by themselves.

Killer cops are like killer wild animals. There should be no peace in the community until they are hunted down and killed.
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by koruji(m): 3:24am On Oct 24, 2011
Not to justify anything that Boko Haram is doing now. However, one recurring line was the role of extra-judicial of members by the police a couple of years ago.

Look, let's tell each other the truth. Blame no one if Nigerian police officers like the one mentioned below is taken out by the people - if justice is not done quickly.

I hope GEJ's transformation is going to reach the police real soon.

sley4life:

Bayelsa checkpoint killing: Eyewitnesses name killer patrol members

Eye witnesses of the October 16 killing of 20-year-old Emmanuel Victor in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, have identified the policeman who allegedly shot him dead at a police checkpoint.

The policeman is said to be popularly known as the “Boko Haram of the Nigeria Police.”

He was said to have shot Victor five times at different parts of his body and even when he was dead.

Our correspondent learnt that the policemen that mounted the roadblock on the fateful day was led by one Inspector John.

Prior to the incident,Boko Haram was said to have been a regular face at the checkpoint allegedly harassing commercial motorcyclists.

The policeman, our correspondent learnt, has not been seen at the checkpoint since the incident happened nine days ago.

Victor was killed on Sanni Abacha Expressway, Yenagoa for allegedly condemning bribery and the extortion of money from motorists at the checkpoint.

The deceased was said to be returning from church service in company with his mother when the incident happened.

Sources said his mother pleaded in vain to stop his son from being shot.

The policeman, who allegedly threatened to shoot his mother for attempting to help her son, was said to have removed a copy of the Holy Bible he was holding at the time of his death and replaced it with a pair of scissors.

But one week after he was killed, the police said on Sunday that Victor’s murder was still under investigation.

The Bayelsa State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Eguavoen Emokpae,  told our correspondent, “We are still investigating.

“All I can say for now is that people should exercise patient while investigation lasts. I have been to the Criminal Investigation Department and they said the report of the investigation was not ready.

http://news.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2269:bayelsa-checkpoint-killing-eyewitnesses-name-killer-patrol-members&Itemid=542
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Areosapien(f): 4:32am On Oct 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is Bayelsa in the east? SMDH, fooking blockhead.
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by koruji(m): 5:43am On Oct 24, 2011
Aren't you the original blockhead.

Bayelsa used to be part of Rivers State which is an eastern state. Besides anything beyond Edo State and Delta, both of which used to be the old Bendel (Mid-West), is probably considered by most Nigerians to be in the East.

Strictly speaking Bayelsa's geography spans both the east and the west (of the Niger River that is). So what is your point?

Areosapien:

Is Bayelsa in the east? SMDH, fooking blockhead.
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Areosapien(f): 6:00am On Oct 24, 2011
koruji:

Bayelsa used to be part of Rivers State which is an eastern state. Besides anything beyond Edo State and Delta, both of which used to be the old Bendel (Mid-West), is probably considered by most Nigerians to be in the East.

Strictly speaking Bayelsa's geography spans both the east and the west (of the Niger River that is). So what is your point?

No, I think you are the real unrefined dumbass. If your idiotic comment is to be the case, then would it also make sense to refer to Abia as Imo(since Abia 'originally' used to be part of Imo)? Would it also make sense to refer to Ekiti as a non-existent state(since it 'originally' used to be an entity of some other state)? Would it also make sense to refer to Enugu as Anambra (since it also 'originally' used to be part of the latter)? Mr Polymath, don't you even know how stupppid you sound? So, what you're trying to say, is that if a region or place like Bayelsa also used to be part of Rivers State, we should also keep refering to it as Rivers State even in this current day? Now, tell me dear chap -- Are you not a blockhead?
Obviously in your haste to rebut me and sound important, you've just exposed your equal stupidity for the rest of us to see. So, I'd advise you to use your internet subscription money on more important things, like enrolling in some adult education.
Oga teacher. smiley
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2011
sley4life:

Lol definitely even in the west you have Sani abacha expressway. This news can be moved to crime section if there is on NL

Where in the West?
One wouldnt not have thought that Sanni Abacha would not be in the East (Bayelsa), talkless of the West. Surprising, after what he did to Nigerians.

@Koruji
How you dey. Mo ri nkan to send, replied.
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I hope this wont become another "swept under the carpet" case, like the Abia gang ra pe.

koruji:

two of you are mother fvckering moro.ns
even if Bayelsa state is in Rivers state, how is it east
stoooooooooooopid set of iidiot cheesy grin
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Areosapien(f): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

two of you are mother fvckering moro.ns
even if Bayelsa state is in Rivers state, how is it east
stoooooooooooopid set of iidiot cheesy grin

My guy, don't mind the other glorified village headmaster. I've already shot his useless logic to pieces. I'm awaiting his next half-assed reply. Imagine coming to base his logic on abandoned aspects of history and semantics. Telling me about Edo and Delta. Too funny! grin
Re: Bribe Killer Cops Identified by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2011
Bayelsa = In the East.

You can post with as many ID as you want.

(1) (Reply)

Aganga / Okonjo-iweala's Chums - Goldman Sachs, Jp Morgan Lobby Govt Over Swf / Anti Corruption Battle Set To Gather Steam As Farida Waziri To Be Eased Out. / No To Foreign Aid-for-gay Rights’: Africa Dares Western Nations Over Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.