Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him (4757 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / 'Some Players Were Madly Jealous Of Yekini At USA 94' - Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by BetaThings: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2011
People ‘re jealous of me – Siasia

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/people-%E2%80%98re-jealous-of-me-siasia/

Siasia is as good as sacked – Ikpeme, Ojidoh
By Tony Ubani
ASSISTANT Secretary-General of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Dr Emmanuel Ikpeme has dropped the hardest hint on the futile efforts by embattled coach of the Super Eagles, Samson Siasia to retain his job after the calamity of not qualifying Nigeria to the Nations Cup next year in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

But unfazed by the pain of Nigerians, Samson Siasia is putting up a spirited fight to feign off the deluge of calls for his sack. He said that those who wanted him sacked were jealous of his N5 million per a month pay.

“This is not not the time to think of bringing back those old foreign expatriate coaches. They have nothing to offer. Some of them who are voicing for my sack are only jealous of my pay and they want to come back.

Nigeria is 51 years old and we should be moving forward. If they have identified mistakes that I made, they should point them out for me to learn and correct. Not to be paving the way for them to come back”, Siasia said on Brila FM.

But the Assistant Secretary-

General(Technical), Ikpeme, speaking on the same station laughed off talks of a Siasia come-back after Guinea poured sand on his contract.

“By the terms and clauses in his contract, Samson Siasia is as good as sacked. The contract is explicit on what happens if he fails to qualify Nigeria for the Nations Cup”, Ikpeme, one of the few independent minds in the glass house, said.

Retired astute sports administrator, Pa John Ojidoh also voiced out his position, saying that “honouring contracts is part of rule of law and going by the contract of Siasia his job ended the moment the match with Guinea ended and we failed to qualify for the Nations Cup.”

The Executive Committee of the NFF had put off judgment day for the Bayelsa-born coach after the Technical Committee had recommended for his sack to allow for concentration for the London Olympic soccer qualifier between Cameroun and the Super Falcons.

That match had also gone the way of the Super Eagles as Cameroun’s Indomitable Lionesses edged Nigeria out of the Olympics in a penalty shoot-out at the weekend.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by BetaThings: 9:59am On Oct 24, 2011
But it is time for you to be
using foreign assistant coach! So how will local coaches get experience?
repudiating the clear terms of your own contract which did not require magic - get the boys to the semis of ACN!
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by semid4lyfe(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Samson Siasia:
“This is not not the time to think of bringing back those old foreign expatriate coaches. They have nothing to offer. Some of them who are voicing for my sack are only jealous of my pay and they want to come back.

Don't know whether to believe this cos Nigerian papers/journalists often ascribe comments to people who never made them. But If he really said the above, then he's ''dumber than dumbest'' and should be sacked.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Ejovwoke(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
want i think is that siasia arrogancy cost us the n.cup.i think sacking him is not the solution,a foreign technical adviser should be drafted in to work with him.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by chelseabmw(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
i laugh in siasia grin
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by mallorca(m): 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
yeye Coach
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Ifemyke: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2011
Siasia, you are just another Nigerian. We are jealous of you o jare. Nigeria, we deh hailoooo.
Meanwhile, Chelsea manager has attributed the loss yesterday to bad refereeing. Read more on http://mylatestfootballnews..com/
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by gascoign1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
he should be in jail by now if Nigeria is a law and contract abiding state, useless thing!
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Ymodulus: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
gascoign1:

he should be in jail by now if Nigeria is a law and contract abiding state, useless thing!
thanks i could recall when the siasia was debating on his pay. then he knew not on some fellows after him now he his opening his big dirty mouth
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by doctokwus: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
Its d same way he claims people are jealous of him because of his N5m pay that he also doesn't want to let go of d job bc of that same pay,not that he has anything more meaningful to add,he's just there for d money.Imagine him telling others to let him know where he is @faught,meaning that he doesn't up to this point know where he erred;well let me spell it out:technically,managerially,examplerally and motivationally,u come way short for a super Eagles coach,Siasia.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Akiika: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
Am i dreaming, wasn't it on this forum that Nigerians were clamouring for Siasia to be hired and that he is the best indegenious coach? Now you want him sacked! Guys i think we should take time to think before we write stuffs here. Take it or leave it, Siasia is one of the best Nigerian coach and it'll be a grave mistake to let him go. Nigeria didn't qualify for Nation's cup not because he's incompetent but because the football administration in Nigeria is next to nothing. What are they doing to help the local leagues, develop the the stadia, help youth football e.t.c? The honest truth is, we erroneously believe we are still force to reckon with in soccer, but we are conviniently in the back seat. The cancerous corruption in our system will continue to hurt every thing we venture in if we fail to change our ways. Even if Nigeria hires sir Alex Ferguson, he can't do anything about our woes, the real problem is CORRUPTION in our football administration and that's what we should take care of.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by lagos26: 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
I thought this dude must have saved a considerable amount of cash before he retired
from active football. So how come he is talking about a paltry #5m a month when ''small'' Mikel earns roughly #18m
every WEEK!!!. And yet he has the effontry to say people are jealous of his pay.
Abeg Siasia has lost it jare, NEXT!!!!!
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by ksam(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
Now the super falcons did not qualify,siasia should also be sack.yeye people,may be u people should come and coach Nigeria.mtchw
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by ksam(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
Now the super falcons did not qualify,siasia should also be sack.yeye people,may be u people should come and coach Nigeria.mtchw
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by texazzpete(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Akiika:

Am i dreaming, wasn't it on this forum that Nigerians were clamouring for Siasia to be hired and that he is the best indegenious coach? Now you want him sacked! Guys i think we should take time to think before we write stuffs here. Take it or leave it, Siasia is one of the best Nigerian coach and it'll be a grave mistake to let him go. Nigeria didn't qualify for Nation's cup not because he's incompetent but because the football administration in Nigeria is next to nothing. What are they doing to help the local leagues, develop the the stadia, help youth football e.t.c? The honest truth is, we erroneously believe we are still force to reckon with in soccer, but we are conviniently in the back seat. The cancerous corruption in our system will continue to hurt every thing we venture in if we fail to change our ways. Even if Nigeria hires sir Alex Ferguson, he can't do anything about our woes, the real problem is CORRUPTION in our football administration and that's what we should take care of.

Please tell me one thing Siasia has won at Senior level football as a coach. Just mention ONE achievement. Thanks.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by buzor(m): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
siasia the dumbest fool, sorry goat i have SEEN
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Theblessed(f): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=16pt]Of course!  When you're skillfully and financially successful in life, there's bound to be some jealousies round the corner!

But then, how many people on earth are this successful?  Count them to verify why there ain't gonna be jealousy around successful people when poverty is everywhere you look. 

Imagine, a one-eyed man in the land of the blind scenrio!  What did you see  That's what I'm talking about!

You see, successful people can still walk round the block and interact with common people if they could humble themselves and keep their big trap shut! 

Hey, other big fishes have done it before you all, and still doing it!  Example, the Beatles, the Rollingstones etc - are still walking the streets without Bodyguards and Security following their tails here and there,huh!

Therefore I say, humble yourselves, men!!!!!

[/size]
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by esiri4jesu(m): 9:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
His Siasia still responsible for the woeful performance of the Falcons? Let all stake holders come together for a root cause analysis rather than asking for Siasia.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by davd: 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
Samson Siasia, if not tho most, is one of the most intelligent strikers Nigeria has ever produced. I always reckon him with Yekini who was a deadly finisher.
Even though Yekini is popularly tip as the best Nigeria striker, i so much like Siasia for his flexibility on field of play. As a senior national Coach, he failed to qualify the national team for 2012 nation cup. Sports is like a business transaction; is all about positive result. The result shows that he is not competent for that position, and as such a competent hand should be appointed. A point of correction to some comments; a job of a national team coach is not meant to be a learning  ground. He should be sacked without wasting time.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by ahidjo: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Who is the only Nigerian coach to lead Nigeria to Olympics finals?
Who is the only Nigerian coach not to have lost to Ghana in 5 games?.
Who is the only Nigerian coach not to lose to Brazil in any competition?

when you answer these questions, then you begin understand how evil, wicked, irrational a typical and average Nigerian is. Shame!!![/size]
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by texazzpete(m): 6:32am On Oct 25, 2011
ahidjo:

You're a dunce! We hired Siasia to be our senior team coach, at this stage I care nothing for what he achieved using overaged players.

ahidjo:

Really?! Is this really what will be going through your mind when the other teams file out to play in Nations Cup next year? Are your expectations and indices of success so low?

ahidjo:

when you answer these questions, then you begin understand how evil, wicked, irrational a typical and average Nigerian is. Shame!!!

The only shameful thing here is how imbecilic your questions are. If this is how you embrace mediocrity in real life, I truly pity you o!
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by sledge001(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2011
Oh come on, give the guy a break. Why do we always expect some kind of magic? Pips, we've gone passed that stage. He failed this particular task but that doesn't make him a bad coach. Please!!!!!!
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by ogbongzky(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2011
ahidjo:

when you answer these questions, then you begin understand how evil, wicked, irrational a typical and average Nigerian is. Shame!!![/size]

Ask them ooooo,
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by success4(m): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2011
ahidjo:

You need HELP,

Is that the reason he should not qualify us to Nation cup?
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by AZeD1(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2011
ahidjo:

ogbongzky:

Ask them ooooo,
My writing fine pass for class no be first position,
At least those that lost to ghana qualified for the nations cup?
would u rather lose to ghana and qualify for the nations cup/world cup or watch it at home and not loose??
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by montelik(m): 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
A-ZeD:

My writing fine pass for class no be first position,
At least those that lost to ghana qualified for the nations cup?
would u rather lose to ghana and qualify for the nations cup/world cup or watch it at home and not loose??

LWKMD
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by kjhova(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
i don't care about the guys that love siasia to the bone but if we sacked amodu (twice), chukwu and eguavoen for coming 3rd in the nations cup, why should we keep a guy that didn't even make it to the tournament!!!! if you permit siasia the excuse that the nff was incompetent, were they any better in supporting these other coaches? siasia should learn from real achievers like amodu.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Akiika: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2011
Sacked and hire WHO? Amodu? Chukwu? Eguaveon? or some retired no good coach from abroad that will demand pay more than your president?
What they need to do is to stop the incessant defalcation in NFF, spend money to empower youth soccer development and develop the local league.
That is the only solution to our failures, NO SHORT-CUTS.
Siasia is the best coach Nigeria has ever produced, you all agreed to that until the AFCON non-qualification.
How more hypocritical can people be?
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by BetaThings: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
Akiika:

Sacked and hire WHO? Amodu? Chukwu? Eguaveon? or some retired no good coach from abroad that will demand pay more than your president?
What they need to do is to stop the incessant defalcation in NFF, spend money to empower youth soccer development and develop the local league.
That is the only solution to our failures, NO SHORT-CUTS.
Siasia is the best coach Nigeria has ever produced, you all agreed to that until the AFCON non-qualification.
How more hypocritical can people be?
I have never agreed that Siasia is a good coach
Do you remember what happened in Cairo. By 65th minute, had 2 advantages
He was leading 2-1
He had 11men on the pitch against 10men Germany
Then he performed a miracle = he conceded 2 goals against Germany within the next 25mins to lose 2-3
when people were shouting Siasia, I said I know he would fail at AFCON and we would get a proper (foreign) coach after that.
I did not know that he would not even qualify
Yes, Siasia uses a foreign assistant. So don't start that argument of local coach

Now regarding hypocrisy = can you really use the word here
2 things. 1. Let us assume Nigerians THOUGHT that Siasia was the best. Can they not change their minds
Has Abrahamovich not changed his mind about sacking coaches now. Or is he a hypocrite too?
2. The hypocrisy I see is when you sack a coach who achieved targets (World Cup AFCON)
and retain the one who fails to achieve target
Anybody who says that is best for Nigeria is a foreign agent

No short cuts; overhaul the team
Same thing you guys said when Amodu was to be sacked in 2002 and replaced with Onigbinde
But you ran back to Amodu when you wanted to qualify for South Africa 2010

Amodu is a lousy coach = he got results
Siasia is an excellent coach = he has ensured that we are not going to AFCON; 1st time in 25 years!
Should we not be redefining some words or at least admit that we are a sick nation

Indeed Siasia is perfect = he has made a perfect fool of us
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by BetaThings: 12:05am On Oct 26, 2011
ahidjo:

Who is the only Nigerian coach to lead Nigeria to Olympics finals?

when you answer these questions, then you begin understand how evil, wicked, irrational a typical and average Nigerian is. Shame!!!

Do you realise that this the typical argument of Arsenal fans when they were madly in love with Wenger
"We beat Man U, we deal with Liverpool anyday, we conquer Tottenham etc"
Where is the cup you won for these wonderful achievements in 6years?

Nigeria should be looking at wars (playing at AFCON, World Cup, Olympics) not battles (some minor/petty skirmishes with rivalry with Cameroon/Ghana)

I can bet you that if that London match had been required for a qualification for something, Ghana would have won it
Until 2002, Brazil had not met Germany in World cup finals. Yet it had won 4 world cups
That is what counts, not its victories over Argentina

BTW I hope you know that Nigeria has won Olympics Soccer gold before
So somebody taking us there is not a big deal
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by Akiika: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2011
BetaThings:

I have never agreed that Siasia is a good coach
Do you remember what happened in Cairo. By 65th minute, had 2 advantages, He was leading 2-1
He had 11men on the pitch against 10men Germany (Siasia replaced the keeper with himself and conceded the goal, abi, interesting)
Then he performed a miracle = he conceded 2 goals against Germany within the next 25mins to lose 2-3
when people were shouting Siasia, I said I know he would fail at AFCON and we would get a proper (foreign) coach after that.
I did not know that he would not even qualify
Yes, Siasia uses a foreign assistant. So don't start that argument of local coach
Now regarding hypocrisy = can you really use the word here
2 things. 1. Let us assume Nigerians THOUGHT that Siasia was the best. Can they not change their minds
Has Abrahamovich not changed his mind about sacking coaches now. Or is he a hypocrite too?
2. The hypocrisy I see is when you sack a coach who achieved targets (World Cup AFCON)
and retain the one who fails to achieve target
Anybody who says that is best for Nigeria is a foreign agent

No short cuts; overhaul the team
Same thing you guys said when Amodu was to be sacked in 2002 and replaced with Onigbinde
But you ran back to Amodu when you wanted to qualify for South Africa 2010

Amodu is a lousy coach = he got results
Siasia is an excellent coach = he has ensured that we are not going to AFCON; 1st time in 25 years!
Should we not be redefining some words or at least admit that we are a sick nation
Indeed Siasia is perfect = he has made a perfect fool of us
I'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson is no longer a good coach since he lost 1 - 6 to Man city last weekend. Wenger is also a bad coach because of the recent Arsenal's losses. It's called a game, you win some and you lose some.Where were you when Siasia was winning friendlies? Nigeria wants to win all the time without preparing for the win. Our football sucks right now and that's what need to be fixed, not cherry picking coaches.
Re: Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him by freshcvv(m): 1:58am On Oct 26, 2011
Akiika:

I'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson is no longer a good coach since he lost 1 - 6 to Man city last weekend. Wenger is also a bad coach because of the recent Arsenal's losses. It's called a game, you win some and you lose some.Where were you when Siasia was winning friendlies? Nigeria wants to win all the time without preparing for the win. Our football sucks right now and that's what need to be fixed, not cherry picking coaches.

What a comparison lol, comparing man city with guinea? lol, why not compare Chelsea with Ethiopia too or didn't Siasia draw with Ethiopia too?

Just tell me Siasia's achievements as a coach, not some second place that counts for nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those Searching For Sure Soccer Odds I Want To Share With You The Best Tips / Betdey(betdey.com) Is A Fraud. / Paparazzi Release Uncut Photos Of Lionel Messi And Prostitute In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.