Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Define This Situation And Do Something About It. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Define This Situation And Do Something About It. (6565 Views)

Ever Been In Such A Situation And What Would You Do / How Do Define This? / @ Sistawoman, Please Read My Post On The Boyfriend Situation And Give Ur Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
Okay you have a situation at hand.
You haven't been in a relationship for a while cos you don't feel anything for the people who want something with you,even when you try to date just to see if anything can come out of it,you find out its a waste of time.
Somehow someone comes along,you don't know this person from anywhere and you haven't even met the person physically you met online(could be facebook,ebuddy,2go,skype etc)
You became online friends and started talking on phone,if you had your way,you would stay on tthe phone with this person for as long as you can.
You notice you feel something for this person but don't know what to call it cos you've just been friends for less than two weeks.
You keep thinking\wondering about this person,if asked what you want with this person,you'd say a relationship without thinking,but maybe if you knew this person well and think about the question,you could find reasons not to want to date this person.
You know this person knows you feel something a little more than ordinary friendship for him\her cos you can't seem to hide or pretend about your likeness for this person.
You can't date this person cos he\she is not available(in love with someone else)but the person is willing to be a good friend.
Now this thing you feel for the person kinda gets stronger each day.
What would you call this feeling cos you can't call it love yet,is it INFATUATION,ATTRACTION,LUST or Just WHAT?
Would you avoid all contact with this person and probably loose what may turn out to be a great friendship? or would you keep being friends with this person and hope that whatever it is you feel would go away?
This person is willing to meet you in person but you are not sure if you should meet cos you don't know if meeting would make the feeling stronger.
What would you do in a situation like this?

NB LEFULEFU,TELLWISDOMand co,you are allowed to contribute even though we all know you have nothing meaningful to give,just don't derail.

SEXKILLZ please if you must contribute do so in simple and unadulterated english cos I have no dictionary nearby.

Sorry if the post is long,it couldn't be avoided.
Thank you.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by iice(f): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2011
Personally it would never happen to me. But lemme answer like it's not me.

It's attraction. Infatuation, a form of attraction.
If you want the friendship more, try to work out this 'attraction' to him because he is UNAVAILABLE.
If you don't trust yourself to work it out, cut him off.
Give time to work on these feelings. But above all accept the outcome of whatever choice you make.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Dyt(f): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
dis kind of situation arises wen one s idle n lonely
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Sijo01(f): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Wil advise u meet wif d person jst as he has requested,
trust me somfin abut him is gonna turn u off (mayb his way of dressing, talking, trying to impress u or even d way he eat etc)  
dat feelings of urs 2dissapear.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Sijo01(f): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2011
Dyt:

Seconded!
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
iice:

Personally it would never happen to me. But lemme answer like it's not me.

Never say NEVER you know,smart answer though.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
Dyt:

I go beat U̶̲̥̅̊ o,answer the question,I no ask U̶̲̥̅̊ wetin fit cause that kind thing.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
Sijo01:

Wil advise u meet wif d person jst as he has requested,
trust me somfin abut him is gonna turn u off (mayb his way of dressing, talking, trying to impress u or even d way he eat etc)  
dat feelings of urs 2dissapear.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you are supposed to answer like its you,not someone else. Lol @ the way he eats.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Sijo01(f): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
^ Ok, nor vex.
wil do jst dat if am in d lady's shoe.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by iice(f): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
freecocoa:

Never say NEVER you know,smart answer though.

Na, will never happen. Trust me, i know myself well enough
Took 3yrs for me to tell a friend from here anything personal about me.  Even then, it's still not full disclosure.
I may like a person, but that like for me is like saying, i find that cat cute.  I'm good at moving on.  It's just how my mind is built or maybe i built it that way grin
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
is this how bored my Freecocoa is? I need to do something about this ASAP!!!
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
iice:

Na, will never happen. Trust me, i know myself well enough
Took 3yrs for me to tell a friend from here anything personal about me.  Even then, it's still not full disclosure.
I may like a person, but that like for me is like saying, i find that cat cute.  I'm good at moving on.  It's just how my mind is built or maybe i built it that way grin

You must be one strong lady,anyways different people are wired different ways.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
Ijogz K:

is this how bored my Freecocoa is? I need to do something about this ASAP!!!
Wetin U̶̲̥̅̊ come mean now?so person no fit start thread without it having anything to do with tho OP.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by slimyem: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
freecocoa,permit me to assume that you are talking about yourself.
Definition-its simple attraction!
You like this guy because he appears smart,intelligent,witty and.humorous.you enjoy talking to him because he's your kind of person in lots of way.
Take a bold step, meet him and just pray something puts you off about him.just pray else your worst fears would be confirmed.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
I did not permit you.you are hereby fined 20k to be paid into this acc on or before friday.
Gbakwaoso freecocoa
Nland community bank.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Moralistli(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
OP sounded like someone with much experience in ' terms of luv/reltnshp. Never jump into conclusion, give it try! sooooo adventurous ,
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by slimyem: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2011
freecocoa:

I did not permit you.you are hereby fined 20k to be paid into this acc on or before friday.
  Gbakwaoso freecocoa
Nland community bank.
20k-chicken change.i don pay.but seriously i know its you even if you choose not to tell or admit it*winks*
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by bekay911(f): 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
Becos of loneliness and fear of rejection we kinda hesitate to take a bold step.
Ma advise is dnt let ur hrt control ur head u av to give ursef a good reason to love somebody maybe if u meet hi,m u can judge him with his first impressions.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Slimy,I've not gotten the alert o,take your time o,why are you pinning it on me na abi U̶̲̥̅̊ dey see in spirit?

@ALL I didn't write anything about going into a relationship with him\her, He\she is taken(UNAVAILABLE)read the post well,the main thing is whether to cut him\her off or try to remain friends.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
hmmm. close the door of the attraction. Accept the person's unavailability stop hoping something can click. You can meet the person but close the doors, windows of your heart to the person. Think of the person like i think of George Clooney or Jonny Depp grin grin. I love them but they are UNAVAILABLE. Acceptance of reality is key here.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
I would just call it attraction, "emotional attraction" to be specific. But going by what you wrote, it isn't reciprocated; the feeling isn't mutual. This person's emotionally unavailable (let's just say he's not available, period) because they're already in love with someone. Him telling you that does show he's a honest person, especially when this person knows you're interested in "something a little more than ordinary friendship" with him. Now it's up to you to decide whether you want to keep investing your heart in someone whose heart's already with someone else.

Is this happening to you, freecocoa?  tongue
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by ronkebp(f): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
My dear run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as fast as you can. Such relationships (that is if it develops into one) would hit the rock (maybe) but you do not want to take chances, he has a serious relationship, lets assume he wants what you want how about the other chic?
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by mirob(f): 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
This is exactly what I'm going thru now,I'm in love with a man that is in a relationship but I have stopped calling him and blocked his number,pls op run as fast as U can because U can only be heart broken.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
Yield:

Is this happening to you, freecocoa?  tongue

Why does everyone think its me?it could be happening to someone I know or maybe I'm testing my imaginative\writing skills.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
freecocoa:

Why does everyone think its me?it could be happening to someone I know or maybe I'm testing my imaginative\writing skills.

Hmm.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
am currently goin tru dis oh! wth! freecocoa u dey read my mind!
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by freecocoa(f): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
enamaye:

am currently goin tru dis oh! wth! freecocoa u dey read my mind!
Stay there na,so you neva know say me get psychic abilities.
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
Cocoalario , y do dis to me. Hmmmmm no make we open our yansssssh for nl oooo

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool

@op
if he don get woman , look for ur own barawo . U wan confuse d long throat of a guy even more
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by tellwisdom: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=19pt]HAY-HAYYYYY cheesy cheesy. AKARA MAMAAA embarassed embarassed.[/size]
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by ANTIsex(m): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
is she talking about me? honi i luv u tooo kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
slimyem:

freecocoa,permit me to assume that you are talking about yourself.
Definition-its simple attraction
You like this guy because he appears smart,intelligent,witty and.humorous.you enjoy talking to him because he's your kind of person in lots of way.
Take a bold step, meet him and just pray something puts you off about him.just pray else your worst fears would be confirmed.
Lepayemi u fall me o , bawo lo maa so fun ko meet e.

Anoda woman koboko una no dey fear , no wonder den dey use bottle draw una tribal mark

undecided undecided lipsrsealed cool
Re: Define This Situation And Do Something About It. by seedord247(m): 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
****Installing**** . . . . . *****Downloading*****  . . . . ****starting up****

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dumb Questions Guys Ask Girls. / Why Is It Too Hard To Find A Virgin Girl In Nigeria? / The World Is Ending!! This Little Boy Born With B00bs (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.