Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract (8538 Views)

Ex-minister Dalhatu’s Firm, Chicken Republic Owners, Others Owe UBA N9.3bn / Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / Do It Yourself - Contract Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 1:59am On Oct 25, 2011
Firm Demands N200m Damages Oau For 1982 Building Contract

Does any one hre remember our Mathematics Building just to the side of the "White House" at Ife.

Generations of students have passed through Ife with this one building started almost 30 years ago and never completed.

The building should have being at over half of its useful life by now.

Poor Nigeria. The thieves just keep piling it on shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Whoever came out to file these complains should be shot on sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/24028-firm-demands-n200m-damages-from-oau-for-alleged-breach-of-contract.html

By Oseheye Okwuofu, Ibadan 1 hour ago

The Federal High Court sitting in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, will, next Tuesday, hear a suit filed by a civil engineering firm, Progress Contracts Limited, seeking N200 million damages from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, for alleged breach of contract.

The petitioner is accusing the university of breaching a subsisting contract signed on April 26, 1982, by both parties for the building of a Mathematics and First Year Laboratory Complex in the institution.

It accused OAU of re-awarding the project to another company, Messrs Gilda Nigeria Limited.

The petition reads: “Work on the project progressed steadily until a time when the university suffered financial setback and subsequently approached the plaintiff to split the project into three components marked Phases A, B, C, under which Phases B and C, comprising laboratories, were successfully completed through self financing by the contractor, who resorted to bank loans, while Phase A was also executed to the 2nd Floor level.”

The petitioner said when the university eventually received development grants from the Federal Government and donor agencies, it awarded the completion of the Phase A project to Messrs Gilda Nigeria Limited without terminating the subsisting contract.

The plaintiff is praying the court to declare that its contract with OAU subsists, and void the university’s contract with Messrs Gilda Nigeria Limited. It prayed the court to restrain the school from awarding the project to another contractor.

The firm is also asking OAU for N200 million as damages.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 2:14am On Oct 25, 2011
^^^

Pictures please?

When did you graduate BTW?
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 2:23am On Oct 25, 2011
I have no picture, and not even sure what condition the building is currently in (completed or not).

Did you go to Ife? If you did, you would know the "white house".

As for my graduation year, not recent is all I am going to say.

arsenefc:

^^^
Pictures please?

When did you graduate BTW?
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by ektbear: 2:37am On Oct 25, 2011
Great Ife.

Koruji, are you involved in these alumni organizations? Do you guys raise money for scholarships, buildings, etc on campus?
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 2:43am On Oct 25, 2011
I am on the rolls, but hardly hear from the alumni.

We had a N100million endownment fundraising from a few years back, which seems to be still on.

quote author=ekt_bear link=topic=788995.msg9412186#msg9412186 date=1319506660]
Great Ife.

Koruji, are you involved in these alumni organizations? Do you guys raise money for scholarships, buildings, etc on campus?
[quote][/quote]
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by jmaine: 2:46am On Oct 25, 2011
So Koruji is an Ife Alumni . . .That's interesting grin
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:04am On Oct 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Great Ife.

You cant be saying great Ife if you are not connected to it.

Only people with great understanding of the origin of that epithet, former students, relatives of numerous alumni, should have rights to utter or type that epithet.

Next time I see you type Great Ife, i wont take it easy with you. I don talk ma own now oooo.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:08am On Oct 25, 2011
Koruji,

So you are an Ife alumni?

No wonder.

GREATESTTTTTT IFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ARTICULATEEE IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know that building what a waste opposite the amphitheatre? Is the building still abandoned? Also the proposed senate building that was also abandoned and the project behind Pharmacy too.

Those abandoned buildings became locations to go phock babes.

Only God knows how many of these Nairalanders who were conceived in a cold night in an abandoned building
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:11am On Oct 25, 2011
Only God knows how many of these Nairalanders who were conceived in a cold night in an abandoned building

Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:12am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

You have no idea Tpia, since you dont know what it is like to suck dycks in abandoned buildings.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2011
didnt know that's what got a person pregnant, but i stand corrected.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:19am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

Tpia, You have no idea, Boys used to queue with their babes to use the free location A typical queue on cold harmattan nights used to be quite long. In the morning used condoms all over the place

Motion ground, top of health sciences, top of Agric building , Social sciences basement, cricket pitch and those abandoned buildings used to have more intimate activities than  the streets of empire.

After drinking jedi and palmwine in Old Buka, Carry your babe and go and bleep on concrete in abandoned building.

Life was good
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 3:23am On Oct 25, 2011
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Ife!!!!

dayokanu:

Koruji,

So you are an Ife alumni?

No wonder.

GREATESTTTTTT IFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ARTICULATEEE IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know that building what a waste opposite the amphitheatre? Is the building still abandoned? Also the proposed senate building that was also abandoned and the project behind Pharmacy too.

Those abandoned buildings became locations to go phock babes.

Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:24am On Oct 25, 2011
na wa oh.

all these undergrads and s.ex sha.

wonder what time they actually study.

and on the cold concrete too.

o ga.

women behind don suffer.

una nor see mosquito in those abandoned buildings?

but some med and engineering students are wild sha- quite true. I heard some guys [think they were med students] discussing once on how they needed as many condoms as possible to save them from "those dangerous girls" "tan le koba enyan". Keeping it zipped wasnt an option of course.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:25am On Oct 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Motion ground, top of health sciences, top of Agric building , Social sciences basement, cricket pitch and those abandoned buildings used to have more intimate activities than  the streets of empire.

Used to get overwhelmed in secondary school whenever  people talk of motion ground, suffice to say it was severely anti-climatic when i finally got to walk on it.

I dont think Tpia knows anything about the buildings you just mentioned, as pe, she no pass WAEC.

The buka behind Awo hall is the New Buka right? Mehn, the road leading to that buka na one kind thing, shyyt for road everywhere. lol
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:28am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

women behind don suffer.

Missionary is not the only position know to man, you know.

Have you ever heard of 'yodi e seyin ferefe?'

Tpia, can you yodi for me?  And while you are at it, please touch your toe and dont forget to spread your legs.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 3:29am On Oct 25, 2011
Ol boy, na wa for u na o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was "SU" for Ife but not unaware of those "events" - including revivals that turned into. . . well you know.

Moza hall and the night traffic of cars and feet. . .those were the days.

That is why it is called Great Ife. It was a complete world out there.

dayokanu:

Tpia, You have no idea, Boys used to queue with their babes to use the free location A typical queue on cold harmattan nights used to be quite long. In the morning used condoms all over the place

After drinking jedi and palmwine in Old Buka, Carry your babe and go and bleep on concrete in abandoned building.

Life was good
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:30am On Oct 25, 2011
Mosquito was the least of your problems when you are battling chronic agro/Konji

When you are going for Angel of Chemistry- Prof Fakunle's lecture at 5am in the morning

You know say Prick dey extra strong during harmattan

ArseneFc that was New Buka. Theres now an hostel around that place called ETF hostel

koruji:

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Ife!!!!

Koruji, Which department did you finish from?
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:30am On Oct 25, 2011
even worse.

kneeling on the cold concrete?

and nigerian concrete isnt like overseas concrete o.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2011
I wonder o. Funny stuff right here.

tpia@:

na wa oh.
all these undergrads and s.ex sha.
wonder what time they actually study.
and on the cold concrete too.
o ga.
women behind don suffer.
una nor see mosquito in those abandoned buildings?
but some med and engineering students are wild sha- quite true. I heard some guys [think they were med students] discussing once on how they needed as many condoms as possible to save them from "those dangerous girls" "tan le koba enyan". Keeping it zipped wasnt an option of course.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2011
koruji:

Ol boy, na wa for u na o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was "SU" for Ife but not unaware of those "events" - including revivals that turned into. . . well you know.

Moza hall and the night traffic of cars and feet. . .those were the days.

That is why it is called Great Ife. It was a complete world out there.

I was an Awo boy to the core. Which fellowship was that?

I used to go to fellowship too until Cameroun defeated us in the Nations cup final in 2000 and I stopped going. February 13 2000.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:33am On Oct 25, 2011
including revivals that turned into. . . well you know

revivals that turned into what?

just curious.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:34am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

even worse.

kneeling on the cold concrete?

and nigerian concrete isnt like overseas concrete o.

She doesnt need to kneel. She can bend and place her hand on the concrete slabs which makes the labia majora shoot out wella

Also there is something called "Joko le sho" google it. it comes in handy.

At one time the school authority installed Halogen lamps in motion ground to reduce runs.

Trust boys to destroy it within weeks
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 3:35am On Oct 25, 2011
I was in Ife, let's say, much earlier than that - immediate past VC was my teacher.

dayokanu:

I was an Awo boy to the core. Which fellowship was that?

I used to go to fellowship too until Cameroun defeated us in the Nations cup final in 2000 and I stopped going. February 13 2000.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:36am On Oct 25, 2011
dayokanu:

ArseneFc that was New Buka. Theres now an hostel around that place called ETF hostel

Yeah, I know. very new and beautiful too.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:36am On Oct 25, 2011
una wan corrupt me for here sha.

j/k.

nothing i havent heard before really save for this revival mystery.  

most of it is even tame compared to some other ear curdling stuff.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by koruji(m): 3:37am On Oct 25, 2011
I am ROFL.

dayokanu:

She doesnt need to kneel. She can bend and place her hand on the concrete slabs which makes the labia majora shoot out wella

Also there is something called "Joko le sho" google it. it comes in handy.

At one time the school authority installed Halogen lamps in motion ground to reduce runs.

Trust boys to destroy it within weeks
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:39am On Oct 25, 2011
koruji:

I was in Ife, let's say, much earlier than that - immediate past VC was my teacher.

I left Ife when Rogers was VC.

Rogers was forming Oyinbo for boys, He would come to Awo to eat Beans with us, I even heard he was fighting Karate with students until Awo boys descended on him and beat him mercilessly
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:39am On Oct 25, 2011
@ dayokanu

the issue here is whichever way, the h.orny girl still has to make contact with that stony concrete.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by dayokanu(m): 3:40am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

una wan corrupt me for here sha.

j/k.

nothing i havent heard before really save for this revival mystery.  

most of it is even tame compared to some other ear curdling stuff.

Share your experience. I'm all ears

tpia@:

@ dayokanu

the issue here is whichever way, the h.orny girl still has to make contact with that stony concrete.

But girls like hard stuffs. Dont they?
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by tpia5: 3:48am On Oct 25, 2011
Share your experience. I'm all ears

the students discussing their condom orders nah.

according to them, they always try to have some handy because of "those dangerous girls" "tan fe koba won".

it was quite graphic and raunchy and boy were my ears burning as dem wan corrupt my little self back in the day as i siddon inside molue bus.

not to mention i dont know if they were in school to study or to have s.ex.

seemed like the latter.
Re: Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract by arsenefc: 3:49am On Oct 25, 2011
@Koruji,

When did you finish? You be old man like Dk, or an ayounge like me.

Tpia, we are listening?

Cant imagine you having s3x? Only a goat will do you without pucking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Soars Above $93, Nigeria’s Revenue Prospects Brighten / Etisalat Loan: 10 Banks’ Provision For Loans Loss Rises By 3% / Jim Ovia Pledges N250 Million To The Lagos State Security Trust Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.