Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Double Plate Number Registration! How Can This Be Solved - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Double Plate Number Registration! How Can This Be Solved (1081 Views)

I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards / Do Your Plate Number Registration At A Cheaper Rate / Tokunbo Cars Btw 450,000naira - 5,000,000naira With Number Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Double Plate Number Registration! How Can This Be Solved by Emperoh(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2011
A client i got a car for and registered the same unit for in December 2008 called this morning
to complain that he went to renew his MOT certificate and other documents only to be confronted with someone else using the same number plates in another part of the country.

He was in a fix and called to know if i did the right thing and how he can sort this issue out!!

This is not the first time i am witnessing a thing like this. A neighbour had this issue last year as well as a colleague. How corrupt our officials at the FRSC have gone and then with fake number plates flying about the whole place, one can hardly detect which is which.

This is in two piece. First is to warn everyone to be careful when registering his/her vehicle
to be sure you are not sharing the same number plate with another person. The implication is vary scary and criminal in nature. There is also a likely forgery issue attached to it.

The second part is, how do i LEGITIMATELY resolve this issue?
Like the past cases i witnessed, it was a case of another N2000 to the registeration officer and the details are substituted again and who knows, when the other user from another part pops up, the same cycle repeats itself.

Hence what steps can i advice my client to take to resolve this issue.
I also want to clear my name as he's already making insinuations i may have done the wrong thing to shortchange him.

Advice please!!!!
Re: Double Plate Number Registration! How Can This Be Solved by Emperoh(m): 9:07am On Oct 26, 2011
Waoh, no response!!

This is an important topic and will need inputs for all involved.
Can the mods please sticky this page for maximum exposure!!

(1) (Reply)

Clean 1996 Honda Civic For 650k / A Clean Registered Golf 3 For Quick Sale (390k) / Pls! Help! Car Painting Using Oven Bake Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.