Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Even Your Skin Tone If You Want - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Even Your Skin Tone If You Want (121000 Views)

NATURACEL Skin Tone Serum Anti-wrinkle / Best Selling Skin Glow Kit, All You Need To Have A Flawless Skin-tone / Weight Loss |trim, Tone And Tighten Your Skill With Aloe Body Toning Kit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by whiteroses(f): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2011
Whoever is dark skinned should remain dark as God created you, this is for brown to light skinned people with uneven skin tone that aims to even dark spots to match their natural color.
Let me clear the air first I'm not advising anybody to go and buy Sivoclear or J&J and bleach their precious skin off. Bleaching creams contain a vast amount of hydroquinone, most will say 2% on the bottle to pass immigration rule they are unreasonable and dangerous.
          However, I see people with bad skin and they are not doing anything to correct it either because they are afraid of being judged or don't know how to solve this problem, when your neck looks discolored or the sides of your face has turned dark due to pimples please do not ignore it and find a solution. Yes be black and proud but as a lady if you have an uneven skin tone you can choose to get rid of those ugly marks. Society has confused us with numerous bleaching creams everywhere that we can't see what is good and just assume everything is bad.

Personally I use a cream that has evened my dark scars and I love it, it contains a natural brightening plant extract, it has no hydroquinone or any form of chemical and it smells lovely. My discolored neck and the sides of my face has cleared up, my legs are glowing and it took over three months to notice a slight difference but today I let my guy stare at my skin unlike when I used to cover them up but that's another story lol. That is the difference between bleaching your skin and getting rid of an uneven skin tone.

Other ways of getting rid of uneven skin tone is bathing with dudu osun and creaming with pure shea butter you'll get same result but it will take up to a year.  You are wasting your time if you go to an afro shop and buy fade cream and think you wants to get even it'll bleach your skin eventually. I'm talking about lotions that will improve your skin conditions you will know when you see them like Mama lotion cosmetics, godiva and Clear N smooth inc. have good creams but beware they also have bleaching range just go through their products and you'll know what is good.

You start bleaching your skin if your product contains hydroquinone or any chemical I don't care if it's 0.5%, I am just clarifyin to some ladies out there with bad skin conditions but doesn't understand that it is ok to have a clear skin. You dont have to look yellow to have a healthy skin it's all about the even skin tone and looking healthy that's my goal
In rare cases like mask of pregnancy or very stubborn discoloration you can use product containing papaya extract, kojic acid and licorice extracts. All botanicals !
I'm open to suggestions and advice, thanks

1 Share

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Fancier(f): 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nice Post. i really love clean and clear skin.

i would ask if there is any side effect for applying cream on the face e.g  palmers cocoa butter and Shear butter.

1 Like

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by whiteroses(f): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2011
Fancier:

Nice Post. i really love clean and clear skin.

i would ask if there is any side effect for applying cream on the face e.g  palmers cocoa butter and Shear butter.
Pure shea and cocoa butter is good but Palmers formula are so thick and really shouldn't be applied on the face because its heavy and will clog your skin so you get spots. Also, it will ruin your make up cos it will start getting really oily later on your face. Look for pure shea butter aka ori its quite popular or light shea butter lotion like jergens, they do a light formula
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by lepasharon(f): 3:09am On Nov 09, 2011
Nice thread, but i thought cocoa butter is good cos it contains vitamin e which is good for skin? anyway i notices i hav darkness around my eyes?
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by 9janinja1(f): 3:30am On Nov 09, 2011
whats the name of what you used
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Fancier(f): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Pure shea and cocoa butter is good but Palmers formula are so thick and really shouldn't be applied on the face because its heavy and will clog your skin so you get spots. Also, it will ruin your make up cos it will start getting really oily later on your face. Look for pure shea butter aka ori its quite popular or light shea butter lotion like jergens, they do a light formula

Thanks noted!!!

lepasharon:

Nice thread, but i thought cocoa butter is good cos it contains vitamin e which is good for skin? anyway i notices i hav darkness around my eyes?

Thought so too, the reason why i asked anyway. Thanks for your contribution too.

1 Like

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Sammy360: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2011
I'av got these red lips dat i like keeping fresh and actractive always,pls wat can u recomend for me to achieve this??
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by lepasharon(f): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
I just checked out da pure shea butter,mehn dat stuff stinks i gonna have to mix it .if it will work i will use it.
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Sleekjd(f): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
I had chicken pox in September dis year. The scars n spots r evident on my stomach and back. I hv bin usin Shear Butter(ori) to rub my tommy; its a slow course bt I am noticin an improvement. D scar on my face is rapidly diminishn while d scar on my neck is clearin. I am keepin faith wit shear butter m tired of dese so called fade cream
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by whiteroses(f): 3:13am On Nov 16, 2011
Fancier:

Thanks noted!!!

Thought so too, the reason why i asked anyway. Thanks for your contribution too.
I din't say don't use cocoa butter I just don't like the Palmers version because it's thick and shouldn't be applied on the face as it is heavy and main cause of spots but good for the body.
Sleekjd:

I had chicken pox in September dis year. The scars n spots r evident on my stomach and back. I hv bin usin Shear Butter(ori) to rub my tommy; its a slow course bt I am noticin an improvement. D scar on my face is rapidly diminishn while d scar on my neck is clearin. I am keepin faith wit shear butter m tired of dese so called fade cream
Yeah shea butter works wonders it just takes long and it sort of goes well with dudu osun

lepasharon:

I just checked out da pure shea butter,mehn dat stuff stinks i gonna have to mix it .if it will work i will use it.
If you dont like the smell, Jergens shea butter is the closets product to the raw shea butter cos one bottle would contain 95% pure shea butter but still keep the raw shea at hand.
aaliya1234:

O great, but I am having one single problem with me, My skin always used to look very tacky tacky. sad What should I do please help. 
Whoever has a really dull skin should do a body scrub once a week when you are not going out or before bedtime till you notice fresh soft skin. The scrub mixture would be 2 Parts Salt or Sugar + 1 Part Beauty or essential Oil then apply shea butter or any other botanical lotion after you rinse your body. If you can't be bothered with a body scrub solution just buy one from local store.
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by annexes: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2011
@op, pls i need ur help on which cream is good for light guy lyk me, av been usin 'MISS CHERIE' before but i notice it dampened my face n my neck, thanks in advance,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by oln: 9:21am On Nov 16, 2011
@sleekjd and all:Please where can I buy original shear butter.I really need it.Thanks
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Fancier(f): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2011
I
din't say don't use cocoa butter I just don't like the Palmers version because it's thick and shouldn't be applied on the face as it is heavy and main cause of spots but good for the body.

Yeah i got you very well. But i will like to ask if the combination of Shear butter and Honey work well too Am thinking of making a lotion with it.

Secondly concerning the Body Scrub, Can Salt+Olive Oil+Shear Butter works too

Thanks for all your Effort, Thumbs Up
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by moyachris: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2011
Hiya,

Does anyone know where, or whom to go to for halawa waxing? There must be someone who knows of women doing this in various neighbourhoods in Lagos.
Ta!
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by bizgirl(f): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2012
I am a light-skinned person, i hope the shear butter will not darken my body as i prefer to remain light.
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by dazzle21: 11:06am On May 29, 2013
I used a cream that giv me a bad sunburn.... Pple recommend product for me to clear none work, rather dey make my face red. Some recommend pai mei antifreckle cream for me( a chiness product) wit betnoval lotion I used it , it cleared my face I stop using it d sunburn is back. Pls wat I do..... Nw I av different color . Some part of face blck, yellow. I need a cream to even out my skin tone
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Belovedwan: 9:49am On Jun 25, 2013
dazzle21: I used a cream that giv me a bad sunburn.... Pple recommend product for me to clear none work, rather dey make my face red. Some recommend pai mei antifreckle cream for me( a chiness product) wit betnoval lotion I used it , it cleared my face I stop using it d sunburn is back. Pls wat I do..... Nw I av different color . Some part of face blck, yellow. I need a cream to even out my skin tone

Sunburn can be very hard to clear,but firs, I will I advise you get yourself a sunscreen lotion with at least spf 35. You need to Start applying this on your skin 20mins before you step into the sun. If you can,wear a wide brimmed hat to shade your face from the sun so u don't keep getting burnt over and over again.
A blend of pawpaw,honey and shea butter works great for sunburn. Just dice some fresh pawpaw into your food preocessor,add a table spoonfull of honey and blend away! Heat your shea butter gently till it melts. Do not fry the sheabutter. Add to the pawpaw-honey blend. It will even out your skin tone without any side effects.
Apples works great as well. Just slice one into smaller parts and rub all over your skin.
This recipe worked for me. My skin didn't only even out,but it glows as well.
I hope it works for ya!
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by richeethomas44: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well well well,yes I guess the speaker is rite about the 2% of HQ in product which are not the rite % of HQ,that is y u see pple getting dark knuckle,feet and the rest of all,well am in Ghana at the moment,but will never still make a mistake not to get my toning and whitening cream from a guy in Lagos,Nigeria, infact I never expected a guy to be in such cosmetic business,but I must recommend him for his effort,I don't really know the base of his cream he prepares for me..but wow I must say I have no single spot,stretch marks.dark knuckles,feet or elbow and I will still look white as I want,,,his contact is 08034292000...pls don't doubt him..I did. At first but his goood..later girl frnds..
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by MIOTWINS: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
am dark in complexion . and i want remain black and shine.. but i got some white on my face look like am bleaching. what can i use to get back my skin. i mean to makes all the white stuff like bleaching to go away and .. get my skin back... please.. some one help... urgent
Can i used shea butter (Ori) to rub my face am using detto to bath...
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by sydneyonye(f): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2013
dazzle21: I used a cream that giv me a bad sunburn.... Pple recommend product for me to clear none work, rather dey make my face red. Some recommend pai mei antifreckle cream for me( a chiness product) wit betnoval lotion I used it , it cleared my face I stop using it d sunburn is back. Pls wat I do..... Nw I av different color . Some part of face blck, yellow. I need a cream to even out my skin tone
i also use a cream dt gave me bad sun burn after using pai mei it al clear,al i did was 2 stay out of sun,using sunscreen lotion wen goin out,i nw hve a even tone skin.
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Dollfacebarbz(f): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
I have very sensitive skin. I have in even skin tone. I'm scared of using all these products in the market. Someone advices me to use palmers cocoa butter that it will even my tone to brown/chocolate. Is is advisable?
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by Dollfacebarbz(f): 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
I have very sensitive skin. I have uneven skin tone. I'm scared of using all these products in the market. Someone adviced me to use palmers cocoa butter that it will even my tone to brown/chocolate. Is is advisable?
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by wiilly02(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls i av dark knees and elbows any hope 4 me??

Note: am a little bit fair
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by zubie070(f): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2013
St ives body lotion is d best thing dat has eva happened 2 me,I kinda used a lot of creams jus in d name of havin a clear n smooth skin,I used even clear essence with hydroquinone but to no avail,then I saw st ives and read about them.have been using it for a year now,omg I love my skin,it now brings out d light chocolate dat makes me stare @ myself in d mirror all d tym,even when I visit d local markets on a very sunny hot day cos I live in abj,I get no suntan or burn and pple asks me d cream I use,I tell dem I dnt use cream but lotion.before I use to get sunburned even if its 2mins I spent in d sun.I also use st ives facial apricot scrubs,just 1week n' u will always b lukin @ ur face in d mirror cos it will b smooth n glowing,I tried palmer's shea n cocoa butter,its gr8 o buh d sticky feeling make me feel lik my clothes gonna b soiled,seriously palmer sheabutter is awesome cos it blends all those black marks with ur skin colour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by dazzle21: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2013
Pls can someone recommend a good sunscreen lotion for me
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by ktqueeny: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Sleekjd: I had chicken pox in September dis year. The scars n spots r evident on my stomach and back. I hv bin usin Shear Butter(ori) to rub my tommy; its a slow course bt I am noticin an improvement. D scar on my face is rapidly diminishn while d scar on my neck is clearin. I am keepin faith wit shear butter m tired of dese so called fade cream

How about laser treatment
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by talktozingo(f): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=whiteroses]Whoever is dark skinned should remain dark as God created you, this is for brown to light skinned people with uneven skin tone that aims to even dark spots to match their natural color.
Let me clear the air first I'm not advising anybody to go and buy Sivoclear or J&J and bleach their precious skin off. Bleaching creams contain a vast amount of hydroquinone, most will say 2% on the bottle to pass immigration rule they are unreasonable and dangerous.
          However, I see people with bad skin and they are not doing anything to correct it either because they are afraid of being judged or don't know how to solve this problem, when your neck looks discolored or the sides of your face has turned dark due to pimples please do not ignore it and find a solution. Yes be black and proud but as a lady if you have an uneven skin tone you can choose to get rid of those ugly marks. Society has confused us with numerous bleaching creams everywhere that we can't see what is good and just assume everything is bad.

Personally I use a cream that has evened my dark scars and I love it, it contains a natural brightening plant extract, it has no hydroquinone or any form of chemical and it smells lovely. My discolored neck and the sides of my face has cleared up, my legs are glowing and it took over three months to notice a slight difference but today I let my guy stare at my skin unlike when I used to cover them up but that's another story lol. That is the difference between bleaching your skin and getting rid of an uneven skin tone.

Other ways of getting rid of uneven skin tone is bathing with dudu osun and creaming with pure shea butter you'll get same result but it will take up to a year.  You are wasting your time if you go to an afro shop and buy fade cream and think you wants to get even it'll bleach your skin eventually. I'm talking about lotions that will improve your skin conditions you will know when you see them like Mama lotion cosmetics, godiva and Clear N smooth inc. have good creams but beware they also have bleaching range just go through their products and you'll know what is good.

You start bleaching your skin if your product contains hydroquinone or any chemical I don't care if it's 0.5%, I am just clarifyin to some ladies out there with bad skin conditions but doesn't understand that it is ok to have a clear skin. You dont have to look yellow to have a healthy skin it's all about the even skin tone and looking healthy that's my goal
In rare cases like mask of pregnancy or very stubborn discoloration you can use product containing papaya extract, kojic acid and licorice extracts. All botanicals !
I'm open to suggestions and advice, thanks

[/quote

Which cream is dat you used
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by ignis: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Any natural remedy?
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by LaJuMe: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
ignis: Any natural remedy?
extra virgin olive oil aka goya oil
Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by bluesaint(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please I will like to know if there is any remedy to a "black neck". my gf neck is darker than her normal complexion and she has tried a few soaps n cream but it seem to remain that way. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Even Your Skin Tone If You Want by foluinspiration(f): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
zubie070:
St ives body lotion is d best thing dat has eva happened 2 me,I kinda used a lot of creams jus in d name of havin a clear n smooth skin,I used even clear essence with hydroquinone but to no avail,then I saw st ives and read about them.have been using it for a year now,omg I love my skin,it now brings out d light chocolate dat makes me stare @ myself in d mirror all d tym,even when I visit d local markets on a very sunny hot day cos I live in abj,I get no suntan or burn and pple asks me d cream I use,I tell dem I dnt use cream but lotion.before I use to get sunburned even if its 2mins I spent in d sun.I also use st ives facial apricot scrubs,just 1week n' u will always b lukin @ ur face in d mirror cos it will b smooth n glowing,I tried palmer's shea n cocoa butter,its gr8 o buh d sticky feeling make me feel lik my clothes gonna b soiled,seriously palmer sheabutter is awesome cos it blends all those black marks with ur skin colour.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? / A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.