Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS (3000 Views)

List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report / Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims / Video Of Aki And Paw Paw's Visit To Flood Victims Camp In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by macjive01: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
The economic trip of governor Rochas Okorocha to Europe  and Asia would soon attract the setting up  of a new power plant, fertilizer factory and massive construction of new roads in Imo State.

Governor Okorocha who left the state for Europe and Asia  mid last month had met in Tokyo, Japan with a Korean Company (ICEPCO) specialized in building power plants  and fertilizer factory with the assurance of the company’s Managing Director, Mr. Jacham Go to Construct a power plant in the state.

Mr. GO had expressed his company’s willingness to collaborate with governor Okorocha and the people of Imo State and requested for information relating to gas deposit, the quality with master plan of the state and the distance between the gas deposit to the city towards commencing immediate feasibility study of a fertilizer plant.

Governor Okorocha in company of his Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Uche Nwosu equally met with the Management of Suzuki Automobile Company which declared interest to invest in Imo State. A serving senator  in Japan, Susma Oslima who was part of the economic meeting with governor Okorocha in Japan, commended the governor’s transformation vision for his state and expressed his readiness to partner with Imo government in process of transforming the state.

Senator Oslima  however assured Imo governor that he would use his contact in the Japanese Senate to  secure more grants and attract  investors to Imo State towards developing the state as well as creating more job opportunities for the  teeming unemployed people in the state.
Gov. Okorocha, who earlier condoled the senator for the tsunami that hit Japan, listed the areas the state need assistance to include construction of new roads, power plant,  fertilizer plant and new airport terminal.

The governor  further met with the President. Association of African Economy and  Development in Japan. Mr. Tetsiro Yano who expressed willingness to visit Imo State and explore areas of possible investment in the state.

In China, Gov. Okorocha met with the President and management of China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCEECC)  and sought for partnership with the  company in ,

READ THE REST HERE

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=633.0
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by boneruns(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
Nice work. Keep it up!
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by asha80(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
poster you dey think at times before you post?
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
Inundate? That's a new one. What about massive, mega, enormous, huge and gigantic?

The write up sounds like another meaningless platitudes with no substance.
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by macjive01: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2011
asha80, please what did i do wrong ?
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by asha80(m): 12:21am On Oct 26, 2011
macjive01:

asha80, please what did i do wrong ?

if you want to report something report of something that is concrete.
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:37am On Oct 26, 2011
asha 80:

^^^Don't mind him. I'm yet to figure him out, but something tells me he knows exactly what he's doing if you know what i mean.
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2011
Make dem start first.
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by playmode(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2011
asha 80:

Asha80 ,i understand where you are coming from but i guess macjive01 is optimistic. I hope it is true because this rochas guy talks(brags) too much.
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by doctokwus: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
The way dey all go about this things make dem sound like fluke to me.A governor travels abroad for maybe a week or two,d next thing they come to tell u is that investors frm virtually any field u can think of are comin wt millions to invest in that state.But any sensible,enlightened person knows dat any genuine businessman needs @some mths if not up to a year of feasibiltystudy,securing finances and board approval b4 makin any committment,talkless of practically starting anything on d ground.Or is it feasibility study our govs hail as investments.
Its not peculiar to Rochas,but I was expecting he wud do things differently
Re: Rochas- , JAPAN, CHINA, TO FLOOD IMO STATE WITH INVESTMENTS by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
looks like the 'we are planning' of team gej is a contagious disease

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Weak: He Will Not Change His Attitude. - IBB. / Gov Akpabio's Health Worsens, Flown From UK to Germany / Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.