Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (8983 Views)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by talk2smat(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
Gud riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by splitnaija(m): 4:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia is still the best option @ the moment.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by ortopazz(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2011
Well, well, after all that wil b said and done, u cnt unjustify the means without seeing 2 thru 2 d end, we r luking at a case that nids no argument watsoeva, aftall, same in England, capello was givn a long term deal, afta hz 4ckupz, he stil wasnt sacked, that is England who their playaz stupid as 9ja n stil av a lil bit of patriotism beta dan 9ja, yt Capello hz stil there, lets gv SiasHhHIA a chance, and he too shud change hz captain 2 ENYEAMA, THEN WILE A COACH IS OFF THE PITCH A LIØN IN PERSUN OF A CAPTAIN WIL B ON D PITCH.

Finnesimo!
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by fxtopedia(m): 8:43am On Oct 28, 2011
I am not a coach neither do I have experience at playing footall
so sitting at judgment seat to castigate these people would amount to
NOTHING.

SiaSia only needs to adjust from his PRIDE and be a friend to his
players.That does not mean he won't discipline the erring ones
but discipline must be done in LOVE!!!

And as for Keshi, If I were in his shoes, I will NEVER apply for such job again

Oliseh can be given a chance to prove himself, people saying he has no experience
may be new follower of football. You go to tell us the experience of Pep, and few
coaches that proved themselves at without previous experience
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^ His contract gave him a mandate to take us to the nations cup Semi finals and he failed to do that.

The English FA told Capello to get to the last 8 of the world cup they didnt, it didnt mean he gets fired! firing Siasia would mean they have to pay him to the end of his contract.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
i repeat again, keshi is miles better than siasia, keshi coached 2 african countries and he achieved with them both

The whole world is waiting to know what they achieved?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Kx: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
baby-boy:

The English FA told Capello to get to the last 8 of the world cup they didnt, it didnt mean he gets fired! firing Siasia would mean they have to pay him to the end of his contract.

Who will pay him.

The termination clause in siasia contract which siasia ordinarily agreed to.Section 5 stipulates immediate sack should he fail to reach the agreed result.
By that singular term and condition, payment does not arise because the contract was not breeched by the FA.

Again, if am not mistaking, the FA handed Capello a fresh contract just b4 d world cup believing that he'd do so well and leave the FA after the world cup. It did nt work out the way they thought and now they are duty bound by the contract. Somehow, the FA would be feeling they wish they did nt sign the fresh contract.
This is my opinion though.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Who will pay him.

The termination clause in siasia contract which siasia ordinarily agreed to.Section 5 stipulates immediate sack should he fail to reach the agreed result.
By that singular term and condition, payment does not arise because the contract was not breeched by the FA.

Thanks for answering him, siasia himself can't even debate the contract because he saw everything there before agreeing.

baby-boy:

The whole world is waiting to know what they achieved?

Another one again o, lol, ask those who raised this issue to tell us why they said siasia was better or at par with keshi in the first place.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
Another one again o, lol, ask those who raised this issue to tell us why they said siasia was better or at par with keshi in the first place.

Between Keshi and Siasia,

Siasia all day long, Keshi who is tactically inept, he was the one who started the player power culture in the Eagles camp trying to select players for the manager to pick, also Nigeria has to go on its knees begging him to come home and play for Nigeria demanding all sorts of money, UNTIL when we Westerhof took over and made us realise that Nigeria is not a one-man team. it got so bad that FIFA had to ban such culture and made it mandatory that clubs should release players 5 days before an international match. Why because he plays for Anderlect FC. (in our eyes it looked like Barcelona then). yes Siasia failed at this hurdle but "different doesnt mean better" Keshi had one of the best squad Mali has ever produce he flopped, according to Adebayor Keshi was sticking his nose where it doesnt belong,
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2011

Do you honestly believe a football manager on this earth would accept been sacked without compensation? yes they could sack Siasia but they would still compensate him.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
baby-boy:

Siasia all day long, Keshi who is tactically inept, he was the one who started the player power culture in the Eagles camp trying to select players for the manager to pick, also Nigeria has to go on its knees begging him to come home and play for Nigeria demanding all sorts of money, UNTIL when we Westerhof took over and made us realise that Nigeria is not a one-man team. it got so bad that FIFA had to ban such culture and made it mandatory that clubs should release players 5 days before an international match. Why because he plays for Anderlect FC. (in our eyes it looked like Barcelona then). yes Siasia failed at this hurdle but "different doesnt mean better" Keshi had one of the best squad Mali has ever produce he flopped, according to Adebayor Keshi was sticking his nose where it doesnt belong,

You haven't said anything sensible here, tell us why you support those who said siasia is better than keshi, on what basis? what are your reasons? don't tell me about keshi's flaws, rather tell me about siasia's records and achievements that supersedes that of keshi.

I hope you remember that siasia almost caused our team to be disbanded for his "age cheat" when he was still a player? when he became a coach, he continued his old habit by picking 40yrs old to play as u-20/23.

Tell me how he performed under :

Heartland
Juth fc
Bayelsa
Home based SE
and not the normal SE

(these are not age grades where you can cheat by using old baba youngies).

baby-boy:

Do you honestly believe a football manager on this earth would accept been sacked without compensation? yes they could sack Siasia but they would still compensate him.

Even siasia himself can't talk in this case because HE WAS NOT BLIND WHEN HE WAS SIGNING THE CONTRACT or are you siasia and you know more than him?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by enomakos(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
sack n.f.f now
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Kx: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Unconfirmed reports have it that siasia may have been sacked.
The NFA executive board meeting is still ongoing though.
Source Brila FM 3.35PM.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by llexie: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2011
I got same report here as well. to be replaced by Oliseh or Keshi. Let wait and see.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
baby-boy:

He failed to meet his minimum requirement, Can I see the mandate of the English FA?

I'm sure you know what happened to Steve McLaren who failed to qualify them for Euro 2008 or what happened to Graham Taylor after he failed to qualify them for the World cup
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
page bookmarked to see responses in 1yr and see where you all stood.as par me,the problem with our football is not siasia but NFF and as soon as we realise this,the better,even westerhof had to sidetrack the NFA and went straight to Aikhomu and got what he needed done which led to the players giving him their respect for if we remember very well,when westerhof started,he had problems with some players,etim esin,siasia,ikpeba which led to him basically starting a fresh team ,rem the 5-1 whitewashing in the hands of algeria at the 90 nations cup?when he started getting the ear of the presidency,players like keshi,siasia and co started respecting him cos he basically looked after the interest of the players and remember,he had to side-track the NFA,as long as we have an incompetent NFF in charge of our football,we will always have issues
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Kx: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
milehigh06:

page bookmarked to see responses in 1yr and see where you all stood.as par me,the problem with our football is not siasia but NFF and as soon as we realise this,the better,even westerhof had to sidetrack the NFA and went straight to Aikhomu and got what he needed done which led to the players giving him their respect for if we remember very well,when westerhof started,he had problems with some players,etim esin,siasia,ikpeba which led to him basically starting a fresh team ,rem the 5-1 whitewashing in the hands of algeria at the 90 nations cup?when he started getting the ear of the presidency,players like keshi,siasia and co started respecting him cos he basically looked after the interest of the players and remember,he had to side-track the NFA,as long as we have an incompetent NFF in charge of our football,we will always have issues

when we keep saying the problem of our football is d nfa, why dont lets mention the names, abi is the nfa being run by ghosts
D same bad FA gave d local coach the best deal a local coach can ever get.
the same bad fa provided all the coach could ever ask for
the same bad fa gave the coach free hand without interference
why has nt siaone come out to castigate the fa? because he has no ground for that, all was given to him.

Its not enough to blame our problems on collective responsibility when there are known people manning offices.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
baby-boy:

Its not about accepting or not accepting its about what you signed up for.

If they said the minimum requirement to maintain you "studentship" is 2.5 GPA and you fall below the school reserves the right to expell you because you knew the terms and agreed to it before hand

baby-boy:

Behaviour as a couch and behaviour as a player are two different things

Keshi qualified Togo for the World cup, Siasia couldnt qualify Nigeria for the nations cup
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by mellow(m): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sia1 or no one else.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

when we keep saying the problem of our football is d nfa, why dont lets mention the names, abi is the nfa being run by ghosts
D same bad FA gave d local coach the best deal a local coach can ever get.
the same bad fa provided all the coach could ever ask for
the same bad fa gave the coach free hand without interference
why has nt siaone come out to castigate the fa? because he has no ground for that, all was given to him.

Its not enough to blame our problems on collective responsibility when there are known people manning offices.
it is not the people running nff but the rot that has set in place over there,we have had numerous heads of state and still yet they have all been corrupt,is the place also run by ghosts??it is what has set into the fabric of the Nigerian system that is the problem with the Nigerian system,tell me which NFF or NFA board has not had corruption issues since the 90's and i am sure there is none you can point to
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
and for your info,I am not clamouring for siasia to remain as coach or be sacked neither did i claour for amodu to be sacked cos based on his record before the last ANC and WC,he had a very very good one,lost 0 matches leading to the nations cup but still he was sacked because the NFF and ,Nigerians dare i say,were not happy with the brand of football being played and everyone was excited with the brand of football siasia brought to the team and now where does that put us,we play boring football we qualified,we played excellent football we failed to qualify,what do Nigerians and the NFF want,you cant have it both ways,you cant ask for amodu to be sacked for boring football but excellent results and then ask for the same man to be re-instated.we have tried numerous coahes that have brought different kind of football to our teams but still,we are regressing in standard,what does that say,either we do not have the calibre of players or we do not have the calibre of administration for you cant say its the coaches for we have tried basically all sorts from different countries
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Kx: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
milehigh06:

it is not the people running nff but the rot that has set in place over there,we have had numerous heads of state and still yet they have all been corrupt,is the place also run by ghosts??it is what has set into the fabric of the Nigerian system that is the problem with the Nigerian system,tell me which NFF or NFA board has not had corruption issues since the 90's and i am sure there is none you can point to
Is that the reason why an appointed coach should not perform his duties?
was the system not rot b4 he signed the appointment contract?
Incidentally the same rot nfa never owed siasia a dime.
I feel we are generalizing things.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Is that the reason why an appointed coach should not perform his duties?
was the system not rot b4 he signed the appointment contract?
Incidentally the same rot nfa never owed siasia a dime.
I feel we are generalizing things.
while the same NFF scheduled a friendly right before a very important match,scheduled travelling arrangements in a molue on same day of another important match and also agreed to a game miles away after another important match,is that reasonable management?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Kx: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2011
milehigh06:

while the same NFF scheduled a friendly right before a very important match,scheduled travelling arrangements in a molue on same day of another important match and also agreed to a game miles away after another important match,is that reasonable management?
If the friendlies did nt have the coaches blessings and they were not in line with his programmes for the team, cant he boycott the games and express his non approval of those dates? Was he a baby?

When you and I were fully aware that 2.1 would take the eagles to the ANC, did u not hear siason on radio say he was not aware?
Does the fact that you have an FA doing your mgt mean you should be idle, docile and not ready to work hard?
FA has its problem no doubt but we will be doing this nation a favour unmasking those behind the FA''s failure, not by generalizing and summing all of them under the same unbrella.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

If the friendlies did nt have the coaches blessings and they were not in line with his programmes for the team, cant he boycott the games and express his non approval of those dates? Was he a baby?

When you and I were fully aware that 2.1 would take the eagles to the ANC, did u not hear siason on radio say he was not aware?
Does the fact that you have an FA doing your mgt mean you should be idle, docile and not ready to work hard?
FA has its problem no doubt but we will be doing this nation a favour unmasking those behind the FA''s failure, not by generalizing and summing all of them under the same unbrella.

you seem not to really undertsnad me,who is there to be unmasked when we have had different NFF or NFA boards but still yet,the corruption persists
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by chevchenko: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sia1 formally relieved of his duties
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
Keshi qualified Togo for the World cup, Siasia couldnt qualify Nigeria for the nations cup

Didnt Otto Rehhagel failed to qualify for the 2002 wc but went on to win EURO 2004, look Nigeria been at the 2006, 2008 and 2010 Nations cup actually it would have been better if we stayed at home because we were woeful
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2011
All those ones are stories.

What was Otto rehhagels mandate?

Would Greece as a Nation given their pedigree mandate him in 2002 to qualify from a group that had England and Germany??
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
What was Otto rehhagels mandate?

Would Greece as a Nation given their pedigree mandate him in 2002 to qualify from a group that had England and Germany??

forget about the mandate its all about continuity if any of the numpties at the NFF couldnt see it then we have a problem.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
How can you talk about continuity when you cant even meet the minimum requirement?

You bring a staff to a company he wrecks it and you would retain him because of continuity?

Continuity of what? Continuity of Failure?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
baby-boy:

forget about the mandate its all about continuity if any of the numpties at the NFF couldnt see it then we have a problem.

Why did the English FA sack Mclaren after failing to qualify them for Euro 2008 or dont they like continuity too?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
Why did the English FA sack Mclaren after failing to qualify them for Euro 2008 or dont they like continuity too?

Failed to qualify!!

Ok but whats happening now, they want Capello Out, in 2 years time they would want Redknapp out but the main issue is the players

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the media played a major part,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Nigerian Footballer Of The Year 2012 / HIFL 2019: UNIUYO, UNICAL, ABU And KUST Advance To Next Round, DELSU Eliminated / How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.