Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (8981 Views)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
If England can sack mclaren for failing to qualify and why cant Nigeria sack Siasia?

Who told you they want Capello out? Capello has qualified, topped his group what McLaren couldnt manage
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by babyboy3(m): 12:50am On Oct 29, 2011
Who told you they want Capello out? Capello has qualified, topped his group what McLaren couldnt manage

people want Capello out in the next minute, let alone see out his contract, they want an English man in charge!

If England can sack mclaren for failing to qualify and why cant Nigeria sack Siasia?

Well the English FA predicted a loss of £1.3bn for not qualifying from sponsors, advertisement, merchandise etc even the tournament and UEFA missed England,

Tell me what would be Nigeria 's loss for not qualifying for next years CAN (or what was Nigeria's loss for not qualifying for the 2006 world cup)
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by ogtavia(m): 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2011
What is the problem with this country or is it the NFF,why must they sack siasia because he failed in his first try to qualify Nigeria for the Nations cup,i mean its a very stupid thing,Berti Vogts sack was just justifiable by a tiny bit, Amodu's sack is a lil bit understandable,but siasia's purported sack is a stupid thing,siasia is a very good coach and what he couldnt achieve in his first try doesn't mean he wouldn't do it better if he gives a second shot,i don't think keshi and Oliseh would fare any better,i mean they all have controversial antecedents,remember oliseh's issues in super eagles.If that is how Nigeria wants to start sacking people are the top then its time they start from the top,i mean if they want to do it right,then almost all the members of the Nigerian senate should be fired cos they are not performing,the some state leaders should be kicked out through the front door cos they are not doing anything,i mean nearly all our politicians should be fired cos they are not doing well,is that how all other countries who are known as world football greats fire their coaches,the super eagles is not being treated fairly if coaches are fired incessantly and indiscriminately,i weak for our system here joor.mschew
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by seunlayi(m): 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
siasia had his chance and he messed up with it even the game itself, is a hand of chance. Let me tell you that coaching a national team, you don't need to teach them how to shoot a ball, control of the ball on and off the air etc during the short period of training that are usually available. A national team coach is expected to closely access the attributes of his players their level of fitness etc. He is to design a game play that will out-class any opponent with alternative options should in case his main plan(a) fails to deliver. Also, his job his expected to be round the clock monitoring of players that may be required to fit into his game plan. Hence, national team coach are generally referred to as Technical Adviser or Managers.
Siasia tenure may appear too short, but it may have been enough for him to prove what we all belived he can do. He is a Nigerian, a footballer at local and international level and a coach at national and local level. Furthermore, most of our present crops of players are all well known to him and with a freehand to choose and drop any players (a gesture that is rare to most of our former coaches from our nff). Therefore, i see no reason why he should fall. Westerholf started impressing us then with his selection and scouting for new players then with different individual skills(although many football analyst were against him then) and he still ahead to qualify us for nations cup. How shall we now compare his approach to that of siasia now?
Let us just hope Keshi will be better if he is ready to correct some of the mistakes his predecessors made. Wish Nigeria the best.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2011
while we are at it,can we ask ikpeba,philip osondu and co to come apply too
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by prettyG: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by 1forall: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
^ I see now it's official.

I wish Stephen Keshi good luck! And I hope the 'Siasia must go' advocates are happy now?

Unfortunately, it's back to the same old saying - "We'll see how it turns out", and hopefully. . .*sigh*, Nigerian foootball shall be the better for it.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by threesides: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2012
www.tydanjuma.com, www.alikodangote.net, these are great businessmen. we need to publish their success for others to learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? / Your Nigerian Footballer Of The Year 2012 / HIFL 2019: UNIUYO, UNICAL, ABU And KUST Advance To Next Round, DELSU Eliminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.