Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira (24950 Views)

Ogun Pastor, Akinsanya Welcome Twins After 18 Years / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
My younger brother just bought properties worth millions, he is a jobless school cert holder,though we don't live together as i live in Lagos, he lives with the family in Delta State,i heard he was in to this internet thing and i discouraged him from going to cafe by getting him a job in a viewing center,I reported him to our family pastor and even intercede for him in prayers and even paid for his extra moral classes now he is planning to relocate my parents to a five bedroom self apartment with boys quarter ,even though my parents deserve good life i think they should enjoy it from a legitimate source which last forever. Now i can hardly talk to my brother because he feels he is more richer than i am and has finally taken my place as the breadwinner, Please NL what should i do? He might end up setting a high standard that we can not maintain. should i report him to EFCC?

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by r231(m): 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
18??. . . . wow shocked shocked shocked

maybe he works for an oil company in delta undecided undecided

or selling illegal oil to the Arabs grin

or Yahoo Yahoo but he must be a big time yahoo yahoo to afford all dat
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
Am very sure he was in to some illegal stuffs, though he denied that and says a friend of hs in the US is responsible for the windfall
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Natasha2(f): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2011
hmmm i'm coming back

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
And now? are you jealous?
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Odunnu: 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
Have you talked to your parents about it?Please do. If yes, what did they say?
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by inspirizu(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
Chai! The boi sure ooo abeg weting be him number

Are you jealous because he is now the bread winner or because he might hurt or because u care for him

Just joking IMO I think it should be a family decision

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
Odunnu:

The Guy is planing on how he can give his parents a facelift, you are talking about reporting him to them.

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Eemeekaa(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2011
Report him to me now,get me his phone number.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Eemeekaa(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
He must tried for bread winner snatching.Can you imagine this small boy.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by femmy2010(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
I guess maga has paid.
Do not report him to any EFCC but share your reservation with your parents.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
I
Freiburger:

And now? are you jealous?

I will never be jealous,of my brother,am only concerned of his future

Odunnu:

Yes i have discussed this with my parents but they seem to be carried away by the sudden windfall
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by ifyalways(f): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
@OP,Give him the benefit of doubt,demand for the benevolent Yankee friend contact.You need to thank him for his kind gestures,know what he's done/doing with your kid brother.

Sit him down and talk.Let him know the risks he's exposing himself and the family to if he is involved in anything shady.He might not even know,some guys might be using him as a 'bird' to move things and throw stones without him knowing.Little things like answering a phone,delivering/picking a mail,opening a bank account etc might appear harmless but very risky.

If after the brotherly advises(given with love and not envy) he still can't convince you of how he made the money,tell your parents seperately and if they too can't persuade him to talk then call a family meeting and let the whole family distance themselves from him till he opens up.However,if ur parents don't care then its you against the family.

Tight spot.I don't envy you. . .
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
gascoign1:

I
I will never be jealous,of my brother,am only concerned of his future

Yes i have discussed this with my parents but they seem to be carried away by the sudden windfall

I SEE
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2011
ifyalways:

@OP,Give him the benefit of doubt,demand for the benevolent Yankee friend contact.You need to thank him for his kind gestures,know what he's done/doing with your kid brother.

Sit him down and talk.Let him know the risks he's exposing himself and the family to if he is involved in anything shady.He might not even know,some guys might be using him as a 'bird' to move things and throw stones without him knowing.Little things like answering a phone,delivering/picking a mail,opening a bank account etc might appear harmless but very risky.

If after the brotherly advises(given with love and not envy) he still can't convince you of how he made the money,tell your parents seperately and if they too can't persuade him to talk then call a family meeting and let the whole family distance themselves from him till he opens up.However,if your parents don't care then its you against the family.

I actually would not want this to be a family issue like calling for a meeting because family members benefiting from him might see it as an act of envy,I have talked to him several times,besides he will not give me the contact address of his so called friend in Yankee,my parents see him as a God sent,as they believed he was destined to redeem to the family from poverty
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
ifyalways:

If after the brotherly advises(given with love and not envy) he still can't convince you of how he made the money,tell your parents seperately and if they too can't persuade him to talk then call a family meeting and let the whole family distance themselves from him till he opens up.However,if your parents don't care then its you against the family.

I actually would not want this to be a family issue like calling for a meeting because family members benefiting from him might see it as an act of envy,I have talked to him several times,besides he will not give me the contact address of his so called friend in Yankee,my parents see him as a God sent,as they believed he was destined to redeem to the family from poverty
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by ifyalways(f): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
^Well,its your call.To snitch on ya brother or to look the other way,keep sounding warning notes and praying for a positive change.

Goodluck on whatever choice you make.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
@poster!
don't let your envy[camouflaged as concern] becloud your sense of judgement!

your little bro is 18 and there4 he is fully responsible for any thing he gets himself involved in!

I will advice you to stop complaining about him. If you are in doubt as to how he made his money, the best you can do is not to partake in the money!

For him to have acquired such fortune at 18, means he is way toooo big to listen to any nonsensical advice about morality!

Its either you join him and make the best out of the money, or you keep away from him! Shit happens you know? so get over it.

that's my take on your issue. no offense.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by r231(m): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
gascoign1:

of cus

btw what makes you think he is doing something illegal undecided

what if he is actually telling you the truth but just don't want to give you his contact cus you might go behind his bck and set something up undecided undecided
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2011
r231:

of cus

btw what makes you think he is doing something illegal undecided

what if he is actually telling you the truth but just don't want to give you his contact cus you might go behind his bck and set something up undecided undecided
from the kind of friends he keeps i know he was in to some shady deal, not really sure what he is in to
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by inspirizu(m): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Odunnu:

ifyalways:

U know dey read she don report to their pastor sef

Rubbbbishhhhh
The guy can neva lisen at alll, u wey dey make thousand will talk 2 dat  small boi wey dey make millions mba, ~«

IMO hire some guys that will convince him that that are EFCC officials and they should just scare him from continue, Moreso those Yahoo guys wey dey collect control dey use jazz bad 1
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
inspirizu:

Rubbbbishhhhh
The guy can neva lisen at alll, u wey dey make thousand will talk 2 dat  small boi wey dey make millions mba, ~«

IMO hire some guys that will convince him that that are EFCC officials and they should just scare him from continue, Moreso those Yahoo guys wey dey collect control dey use jazz bad 1

Thanks Bro i think u are on point
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2011
why will you report him for what?You better teach him about money management .

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Odunnu: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2011
Freiburger:

The Guy is planing on how he can give his parents a facelift, you are talking about reporting him to them.
clear difference between them and my parents, my parents- mom especially will demand to know the source of the 'sudden wealth' and refuse to take a naira if she isnt satisfied
gascoign1:

I really dont envy you.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 28, 2011
I can see that you care for your brother. That is such n admirable trait.

Talk to him first, then call him and your parents to a family meeting. You all need to talk this out.

Last option after doing all you could: Talk to the cops.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2011
I dont think this boy is doing legal business, what legal business could an 18yr old do and make millions, na him invent computer?

The only thing you could do is to advice him from the sides while keeping distance.

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by asha80(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2011
yahozee
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by rhythyson: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2011
You want to report him to EFCC because you don't know the source of his wealth or on ground of suspicion? anyway i advice to call him and ask for your share before the windfall finish oooooo Ewu grin grin grin also remember that you are now in the lower division of the family if you try anything ehn? you go hear wen grin grin your brother no no book but he get hand writing grin grin grin

Don't worry your time will come grin grin
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by born2boink(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2011
Original Yahoo Plus, He must be good citizen of Nigeria like our politicians
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Oluchia(f): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2011
What kind of human beings do we av in this country?? OP is concernd about his 18 yr old brother who is obviously involvd in some shady business, and some people are here saying poster is jealous. I cant believe this! This boy is 18 for crying out loud and a school cert holder for that matter! If my 23yr old brother who is a graduate but an applicant suddenly starts throwing money around without any tangible and legal source of income, i will be concerned talkless of an 18yr. What sort of biz is he into that he cant be transparent about if it is legal? This is why this country will remain where it is. Tomorrow we'll be blaming corrupt politicians and the likes of them but here we are, busy calling OP jealous. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2011
^^I don't support the OP's brother's shady deal but why won't people say he is jealous? the post below sounds like one who really is.

gascoign1:

Now i can hardly talk to my brother because he feels he is more richer than i am and has finally taken my place as the breadwinner, Please NL what should i do?

@OP
I don't even know what to say. I won't even comment on your parents issue, the things the love of money make some parents do is unbelievable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sacked Banker’s Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Kano - Punch / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / Share Your Coming Of Age Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.