Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? (6550 Views)

Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc / Some Of The Unforgetable Things That Kogi State Benefited From Late Prince Audu / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
Has any Nigerian benefited from the Youwin scheme GEJ spent 50 Billion Naira on ?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-779846.0.html

If yes, then please provide us with proof, I mean tell us the details

If No, then why would any sense Nigerian want subsidy to be removed thinking that the FG would provide more infrastructures fro Nigerians with the extra savings
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2011
I am still waiting if anyone has information on the Youwin scheme. Has anyone benefited from the 50,000,000,000 Naira scheme ?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
Not yet the submissions are due soon. Reno updates his twitte r and facebook about the youwin scheme: http://twitter.com/#!/renoomokri

But I think the program is stupid. They should just use that money to give to African manufacturers and science companies so they can upgrade. Ths will create more jobs with more engineers, scientists, assemblers, mrketers, sales, business, etc. They can inject money to the tourism sector so they can buy more planes that go to China because they have more money to spend now. It honestly isn't that hard. Companies like Innoson can bring thousands of jobs. Also the sports industry and agriculture are not yet exploloited yet.

Maybe they can use that money to support 1 million farmers so they can get more money. Did you know that if America didn't subsidize their farmers then 57$ of them would be losing money. We should subsidize ours. We should build farm schools with the best farmers in the world to teach Nigerians to farm. I wish I could be president for 1 term.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
igbo2011:

Not yet the submissions are due soon. Reno updates his twitte r and facebook about the youwin scheme: http://twitter.com/#!/renoomokri

But I think the program is silly. They should just use that money to give to African manufacturers and science companies so they can upgrade. Ths will create more jobs with more engineers, scientists, assemblers, mrketers, sales, business, etc. They can inject money to the tourism sector so they can buy more planes that go to China because they have more money to spend now. It honestly isn't that hard. Companies like Innoson can bring thousands of jobs. Also the sports industry and agriculture are not yet exploloited yet.

Maybe they can use that money to support 1 million farmers so they can get more money. Did you know that if America didn't subsidize their farmers then 57$ of them would be losing money. We should subsidize ours. We should build farm schools with the best farmers in the world to teach Nigerians to farm. I wish I could be president for 1 term.

Rightly said

when I was posting Innoson cars, building of refineries etc on NL they thought i was mad as usual

These are the industries that can provide concrete Jobs for the youths of Nigeria. Not some 50 Billion website where they apply for jobs like a lottery.

SMH for Nigeria for lack of foresight.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Rightly said

when I was posting Innoson cars, building of refineries etc on NL they thought i was mad as usual

These are the industries that can provide concrete Jobs for the youths of Nigeria. Not some 50 Billion website where they apply for jobs like a lottery.

SMH for Nigeria for lack of foresight.

We need to create a ministry of jobs together. You and me have the right ideas. Refinery, agriculture, factories, laboratories. Those will all create economic development and jobs. The politicians get paid way too much. There needs to be a law that makes all politicans work for 0 naira. They also cannot get additional giifts. They only get food and security.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Igbo2011,
lets be realistic in our expections and criticism. Outside subsidy, government is not in the business of funding private company. The banks are responsible for that at the own risk and premium. Besides, if it we so easy to throw money at companies and produce good result, the likes of oceanic, intercontinental, etc banks will not be having problems. Governance, policy making and economics planning is also not exact science. If in doubt ask Greece, Spain, Italy, and co. Yesterday's fantastic ideas, have turned to disasters today. Getting it right requires serious balancing act. So sir, i don't think urn idea can stand the test of time. It sounds like communism!
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2011
PointB:

@Igbo2011,
lets be realistic in our expections and criticism. Outside subsidy, government is not in the business of funding private company. The banks are responsible for that at the own risk and premium. Besides, if it we so easy to throw money at companies and produce good result, the likes of oceanic, intercontinental, etc banks will not be having problems. Governance, policy making and economics planning is also not exact science. If in doubt ask Greece, Spain, Italy, and co. Yesterday's fantastic ideas, have turned to disasters today. Getting it right requires serious balancing act. So sir, i don't think urn idea can stand the test of time. It sounds like communism!

Point B, I think you are clueless to what you are talking about undecided

1. Yes the FG fund private companies and banks. In fact mAJORITY of the new generation banks are given money by the Government provided they provide jobs to Nigerian.

2. These same companies are already saturated with workers but still they employ workers to satisfy the government. Ie back to what I AM SAYING there are not "concrete jobs" for the youths.

Currently the banking sector is the highest employees of Youths ranging from those that got a 3rd class in PHE or drama to those that did not even pass through Uni but have connection ie transferable skills.

The government is clueless on how to leave this quagmire, that is why they still pay each bank billions of Naira each year for this.

The solution igbo2011 and I propose is one of the solutions the government can use to provide concrete jobs for people.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
PointB:

@Igbo2011,

It isn't communism it is corporate welfare.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlNi9q-p1l4

After America helped FOrd, now Ford is getting back on it's feet.  If ford wasn't helped then thousands of jobs would have been lost and it would hurt America's economy even more.

Alexander Hamilton coined the term "infant industry" look it up.  America supported Boeing (airplane manufacturing company) and now they are the best airplane company in the world.  They also help America make military planes. http://www.boeing.com/bds/military_aircraft/index.html

They need to support Innoson and maybe Innoson can make military cars. Innoson has to compete with international car companies that are top of the line.  It needs to be protected like a baby for a bit because companies like Innoson will give many Nigerians jobs.  Read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Samaritans-Secret-History-Capitalism/dp/1596913991  I am reading it right now and it is amazing.  It talks about many things about economics.  ALlo how rich countries got rich.  Mainly due to protectionism.

Sorry for the rant, I am passionate about economics.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Alh Harem, u don't know jack about what you are talking about? Which banks are government funded? Or are u ignorantly referring to the rescue as government funding of banks. And who told banks are the biggest employer of youth in the country? Do u have any evidence? My friend sometimes it is better to shut up than to expose you level of ignorance.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Akanbiedu(m): 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
OP,

You will see them (beneficiaries) on TV and possibly, some new IDs on nairaland will claim they benefitted. You will never see anyone in real life.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2011
PointB:

@Alh Harem, u don't know jack about what you are talking about? Which banks are government funded? Or are u ignorantly referring to the  rescue as government funding of banks. And who told banks are the biggest employer of youth in the country? Do u have any evidence? My friend sometimes it is better to  shut up than to expose  you level of ignorance.

cry cry cry cry cry cry I pity ME for even engaging with an american who does not know anything about Nigeria not to talk of the banking sector.

There was a bail out which the government did to help the banks YES we all know this. After which the government DECIDED (not sure which era) to be paying banks to subsidize the cost of labour.

The banking sector is SATURATED BUT STILL EMPLOY PEOPLE because of this reason . You can finish as a 3rd class doctor and still get a job in Nigerian banks because of this reason.

This is my last reply to you about this, I would advice you to talk to your family members in Nigeria because YOU ARE NOT IN NIGERIA.  i am talking from a position of ignorance here.

Any other solution or problem about from the FACTS i stated is welcome
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

OP,

You will see them (beneficiaries) on TV and possibly, some new IDs on nairaland will claim they benefitted. You will never see anyone in real life.

I suspected as much. I am waiting. lol
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Igbo2011
i followed the meltdown and i know what Ford and other Detroit auto guys passed through before they could get the 'bailout' believe me it wasn't easy. Obama spent some political capita to even see it through. As for innoson, i am also very interested in their progress. But one poster did ask a very important question once? Why is the south east governor not patronizing them among others. I very much doubt if innson need very huge capital outlay by the government as much as they need patronage. Besides government how about individuals? Have u made enquiry about their products and or services? Have u tried buying anything from innoson or done any marketing for them?

Beyond innoson, do you personally buy Nigeria? Lets for once focus on what we can do as everything is not government.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Point B

Why are you discussing meltdown in 2011 ?

The meltdown did little to Nigerians economy not to talk of job creation issue
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Point B, I think you are clueless to what you are talking about undecided

1. Yes the FG fund private companies and banks. In fact mAJORITY of the new generation banks are given money by the Government provided they provide jobs to Nigerian.

2. These same companies are already saturated with workers but still they employ workers to satisfy the government. Ie back to what I AM SAYING there are not "concrete jobs" for the youths.

Currently the banking sector is the highest employees of Youths ranging from those that got a 3rd class in PHE or drama to those that did not even pass through Uni but have connection ie transferable skills.

The government is clueless on how to leave this quagmire, that is why they still pay each bank billions of Naira each year for this.

The solution igbo2011 and I propose is one of the solutions the government can use to provide concrete jobs for people.

Yes concrete jobs as in engineers, scientists, farmers, those people PRODUCE.  We need people to produce from IGR, GDP, forex, and jobs.  We cannot import everything.  Those engineers can design great cars for Innoson.  If there are bad engineers then hire a foreigner for 2 years and have the youth learn under him/her so they can get better.  When that person leaves then the apprentices can do it their selves.  Same for scientists, faarmers, etc.

PointB:

@Igbo2011
i followed the meltdown and i know what Ford and other Detroit auto guys passed through before they could get the 'bailout' believe me it wasn't easy. Obama spent some political capita to even see it through. As for innoson, i am also very interested in their progress. But one poster did ask a very important question once? Why is the south east governor not patronizing them among others. I very much doubt if innson need very huge capital outlay by the government as much as they need patronage. Besides government how about individuals? Have u made enquiry about their products and or services? Have u tried buying anything from innoson or done any marketing for them?

Beyond innoson, do you personally buy Nigeria? Lets for once focus on what we can do as everything is not government.

I agree with you 100%.  I am not buying american .european clothes alnymore.  I want my closet to be Nigerian clothes.  This will help the tailors gain money.  With more demand comes more people joining the industry.  Then more compettiton then lesser price.  

Governor Chime bought Innoson buses for his state of Enugu.  All nigerian governors need to do the same thing.  I really want to work for their marketing team though.  I have expeirence marketing and I think that I can help them a lot. If you have connections to anybody who works with them, let me know.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Ahj Harem, i still maintain u don't know jack about the banking sector and the stuff u r talking about. The most recent bail out was done by SLS and it is not in any distant past. The aftershock is still been felt as we speak. If banks employ 3 class graduates what has that got to do with anything?

I must be in very good mode to even entertain this appalling ignorance of yours. People will just open their mouth to yarn what they know next to nothing about. I am a American, as if that somehow manages to fill his knowledge gap.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
igbo2011:

Yes concrete jobs as in engineers, scientists, farmers, those people PRODUCE.  We need people to produce from IGR, GDP, forex, and jobs.  We cannot import everything.  Those engineers can design great cars for Innoson.  If there are bad engineers then hire a foreigner for 2 years and have the youth learn under him/her so they can get better.  When that person leaves then the apprentices can do it their selves.  Same for scientists, faarmers, etc.

I agree with you 100%.  I am not buying american .european clothes alnymore.  I want my closet to be Nigerian clothes.  This will help the tailors gain money.  With more demand comes more people joining the industry.  Then more compettiton then lesser price.  

Governor Chime bought Innoson buses for his state of Enugu.  All nigerian governors need to do the same thing.  I really want to work for their marketing team though.  I have expeirence marketing and I think that I can help them a lot. If you have connections to anybody who works with them, let me know.

EXACTLY MY SENTIMENT EXACTLY . You actually could read my mind on this issue.

In Nigeria, everyone;Infact 90% of the skilled workers are either banking sector or accountancy firms. Oil sectors employ Nigerians as well but would prefer foreigners as there engineers etc

You do get my point.

Other governors can not buy Innoson right now because

1. Innoson lack the capacity to deliver to all states

2. The Fg is not helping

3. There are no regulatory bodies to check the health and safety issue associated with it.

I am sure there are other reason but that is all for now.

Innoson cars has the ability to employ 300,000 youths if not more directly or indirectly. I am even exaggerating
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 12:02am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

@Ahj Harem, i still maintain u don't know jack about the banking sector and the stuff u r talking about. The most recent bail out was done by SLS and it is not in any distant past. The aftershock is still been felt as we speak. If banks employ 3 class graduates what has that got to do with anything?

I must be in very good mode to even entertain this appalling ignorance of yours. People will just open their mouth to yarn what they know next to nothing about. I am a American, as if that somehow manages to fill his knowledge gap.

You see, SLS bailout the banks YES WE ALL KNOW THIS.

Right now the banks are been given money to employ labour. in fact in the banking sector salaries range from 80 to 150 thousand Naira.

This is done to "mop up" the unemployed youths in Nigeria.

That is why I said you are an american, well bros, the way america system works is different from that of Nigeria. You people need to start getting it in ur heads.

STOP USING AMERICA POLICIES TO TALK OF THAT OF NIGERIA. IT IS ANNOYING.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2011
alj_harem:

EXACTLY MY SENTIMENT EXACTLY . You actually could read my mind on this issue.

In Nigeria, everyone;Infact 90% of the skilled workers are either banking sector or accountancy firms. Oil sectors employ Nigerians as well but would prefer foreigners as there engineers etc

You do get my point.

Other governors can not buy Innoson right now because

1. Innoson lack the capacity to deliver to all states

2. The Fg is not helping

3. There are no regulatory bodies to check the health and safety issue associated with it.

I am sure there are other reason but that is all for now.

Innoson cars has the ability to employ 300,000 youths if not more directly or indirectly. I am even exaggerating  

Very true about the safety, I never though about that good point.  Maybe if we set up a safety program in Nigeria that can crete jobs, just like the distrubuters and the innoson salesmen.   I heard there was a Nigerian engineer who designed a ford car (does anyone know his name?) Maybe he can be the lead engineer for Innoson to design very nice cars.  

Also with innosn going up, the steel industry can start back up.  Spending money on this kind of stuff is better than wasting it on youwin or stealing it.

Power and roads also must be there.  Atleast through the distrution areas first (to seaport, to airport, to trains).
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 12:06am On Oct 28, 2011
@Ahj haram
The 2008 meltdown affected the Nigerian banks very badly. If u know anything about the banking sector u will not be talking like an ignoramus. It is partly due to the perceived inability for Soludo to prepare the Nigerian bank for the meltdown that led to his ouster for your mentor and champion SLS. Many banker lost their jobs in the re-organisation that followed. But u wouldn't know this because u think banks are busy employing 3rd class graduates, and all that nonsense you wrote. Which hole did you crawl out from?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2011
@Igbo2011
Don't let alh haram confuse you. He does not know jack about what he is saying. Or do you agree with that Innoson will row out such product without serious safety consideration? Or u think SON would not have visited their office to harass them about safety? Besides how about foreign manufactured vehicles, ask him which body is responsible for safety checks on them.

friend haram is poison. He seeks to present his fictions as fact. Do be fooled!
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by asha80(m): 12:20am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

Very true about the safety, I never though about that good point.  Maybe if we set up a safety program in Nigeria that can crete jobs, just like the distrubuters and the innoson salesmen.   I heard there was a Nigerian engineer who designed a ford car (does anyone know his name?) Maybe he can be the lead engineer for Innoson to design very nice cars.  

Also with innosn going up, the steel industry can start back up.  Spending money on this kind of stuff is better than wasting it on youwin or stealing it.

Power and roads also must be there.  Atleast through the distrution areas first (to seaport, to airport, to trains).  

that guy is not based in nigeria but america
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 12:22am On Oct 28, 2011
asha 80:

Do you know his name?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 12:26am On Oct 28, 2011
@asha80,
would u be refering to me?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 12:28am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

@Igbo2011
Don't let alh haram confuse you. He does not know jack about what he is saying. Or do you agree with that Innoson will row out such product without serious safety consideration? Or u think SON would not have visited their office to harass them about safety? Besides how about foreign manufactured vehicles, ask him which body is responsible for safety checks on them.

friend haram is poison. He seeks to present his fictions as fact. Do be fooled!

SMH. dude you are too close minded

anyway I am not ready to discuss with you given the fact that you can not think NIGERIAN and the ways around problems in NIGERIA.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 12:31am On Oct 28, 2011
asha 80:

do you mean Jelani Aliyu ?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by PointB: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2011
^^^
perfect cover for your ignorance.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2011
@ OTHERS

I need more whys in which jobs can be created, I mean really Jobs for the youths
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by asha80(m): 12:41am On Oct 28, 2011
alj_harem:

do you mean Jelani Aliyu ?

yes
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 12:53am On Oct 28, 2011
alj_harem:

@ OTHERS

I need more whys in which jobs can be created, I mean really Jobs for the youths

Agriculture can provide over 3 million jobs. We have too much farm land that is not even used.

Tourism is going to be big. We need a Calabar Airlines that goes straight to Calabar from cities around the world. Tourism has poential for the booming hotel business and will create over 500,000 jobs if exploited correctly. Not just Calabar, also Badagry, Lagos, Abuja, and Edo (Benin Kingdom).

Sports can create over 100,000 jobs if they are making good money then they can play more games. Then this can trickle down to the youth leagues for coaches and what not. Not only football but basketball, wrestling, tennis, and track and field.

We need to invest BIG money into Nollywood. We need more QUALITY and less quality. This can turn Nollywood into a billion dollar industry. Also kids cartoons have yet to be exploited.

Manufacturing can make Nigeria's economy BOOM. All they need is power and roads. The government doesn't want an enabling environment. But if manufacturing is on then more factoiires means more jobs and less importing. This can create 5 million jobs.

Steel and refinery industry will make Nigeria's economy amazing and dynamic. We cannot rely on foreign investors for everything. We must rel on ourselves. Those people who grant road licenses must stop being corrupt because thousdands of Nigerians are dying due to bad roads.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by asha80(m): 12:57am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

Agriculture can provide over 3 million jobs. We have too much farm land that is not even used.

Tourism is going to be big. We need a Calabar Airlines that goes straight to Calabar from cities around the world. Tourism has poential for the booming hotel business and will create over 500,000 jobs if exploited correctly. Not just Calabar, also Badagry, Lagos, Abuja, and Edo (Benin Kingdom).

Sports can create over 100,000 jobs if they are making good money then they can play more games. Then this can trickle down to the youth leagues for coaches and what not. Not only football but basketball, wrestling, tennis, and track and field.

We need to invest BIG money into Nollywood. We need more QUALITY and less quality. This can turn Nollywood into a billion dollar industry. Also kids cartoons have yet to be exploited.

Manufacturing can make Nigeria's economy BOOM. All they need is power and roads. The government doesn't want an enabling environment. But if manufacturing is on then more factoiires means more jobs and less importing. This can create 5 million jobs.

Steel and refinery industry will make Nigeria's economy amazing and dynamic. We cannot rely on foreign investors for everything. We must rel on ourselves. Those people who grant road licenses must stop being corrupt because thousdands of Nigerians are dying due to bad roads.

one question

how long have you lived in nigeria? that is assuming you live in nigeria?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 12:58am On Oct 28, 2011
asha 80:

one question

how long have you lived in nigeria? that is assuming you live in nigeria?

This question cannot be answered due to privacy reasons. But what does that matter?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Embassy Issues Emergency Alert To Its Citizens In Abuja / The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) / Buhari’s Ministers Are Performing Well, No Need For Cabinet Reshuffle – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.