Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? (6552 Views)

Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc / Some Of The Unforgetable Things That Kogi State Benefited From Late Prince Audu / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

Agriculture can provide over 3 million jobs.  We have too much farm land that is not even used.

Yes very correct. When you talk of agriculture, what I have in mind in plantations. I believe Nigeria can hold at least 10 different plantations apart from the cocoa in ekiti ondo axis, Obasanjo foods in calabra (palm oil) , Also ota farm aka cocoa plantation.

That is all we have right now.

Other plantations that can be done are

abakaliki rice  and ofada rice :- Instead of importing 1.2 trillion naira of rice every year, We can reduce the cost the governement use and also provide employment.

Kaduna pepper and onions

Kwara, poultry, cows etc. This can be done in industrial scale
Yam in imo, ekiti and osun
more cows in adamawa
etc

All this would also reduce the cost of food in Nigeria which is affected majorlly by inflation.

igbo2011:

Tourism is going to be big.  We need a Calabar Airlines that goes straight to Calabar from cities around the world.  Tourism has poential for the booming hotel business and will create over 500,000 jobs if exploited correctly.  Not just Calabar, also Badagry, Lagos, Abuja, and Edo (Benin Kingdom).

Correct. People need to see Sokoto, borno, osun, akwa ibom. These cities have great potential for tourism.

The int airport in Calabar needs to be working to scratch. but one would have to put down either MMIA or NAA. because people don't travel in Nigeria that much compared to there, moreover id that is further spread to 3 airports, the valiability of the airports is rubbished  

igbo2011:

Sports can create over 100,000 jobs if they are making good money then they can play more games.  Then this can trickle down to the youth leagues for coaches and what not.  Not only football but basketball, wrestling, tennis, and track and field.

Hmm concerning sports. I have my reservations about that.

igbo2011:

We need to invest BIG money into Nollywood.  We need more QUALITY and less quality. This can turn Nollywood into a billion dollar industry.  Also kids cartoons have yet to be exploited.

KIDS CARTOON is a major sector that needs to be looked at.

The japanese make a lot of money from cartoons. In fact it adds to there IGR .

igbo2011:

Manufacturing can make Nigeria's economy BOOM.  All they need is power and roads.  The government doesn't want an enabling environment. But if manufacturing is on then more factoiires means more jobs and less importing.  This can create 5 million jobs.

Steel and refinery industry will make Nigeria's economy amazing and dynamic. We cannot rely on foreign investors for everything.  We must rel on ourselves.  Those people who grant road licenses must stop being corrupt because thousdands of Nigerians are dying due to bad roads.

correct.

Let me just add.

Textile industry :- From the material whether synthetic or natural (from agriculture of cotton and wool) to dyes ( Chemical engineering industry). To accounting, project manager, distribution banking etc. Think of it.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 1:26am On Oct 28, 2011
@Alj Harem
Dud you need to set up a power point presentation about the industries of Nigeria. Then you can give it to a government official to look at and present it. Then maybe you can implement it. You can display how it can create jobs and do a rough estimate on the amount of jobs. Also say how it can be implemented. Then try and pitch it to some people in charge over an iPad or something. Then he might give you a job for the government. You can be the overall coordinator then you can have people on the side help you implement.

Also in agriculture it can be moringa and cassava as well.

Also what do you not like about the sports industry?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by asha80(m): 1:31am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

@Alj Harem
Dud you need to set up a power point presentation about the industries of Nigeria. Then you can give it to a government official to look at and present it. Then maybe you can implement it. You can display how it can create jobs and do a rough estimate on the amount of jobs. Also say how it can be implemented. Then try and pitch it to some people in charge over an iPad or something. Then he might give you a job for the government. You can be the overall coordinator then you can have people on the side help you implement.

i asked that question because you seem like straight up guy but it seems you do not really know what goes on in nigeria.example is the bolded.

you think that government officials are not aware of these things? guy there are serious corruption and down right incopetence issues that i will not go into now
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

@Alj Harem
Dud you need to set up a power point presentation about the industries of Nigeria.  Then you can give it to a government official to look at and present it.  Then maybe you can implement it. You can display how it can create jobs and do a rough estimate on the amount of jobs.  Also say how it can be implemented.   Then try and pitch it to some people in charge over an iPad or something.  Then he might give you a job for the government.   You can be the overall coordinator then you can have people on the side help you implement.

Brother, to be honest, I have long lost any hope or respect for Nigerian government. That is the truth.

In fact all the solutions You and I listed were not meant for the governement but Private investor to look and invest in.

Nigeria right now is a private property. In fact if the government does those things, what is the point few years down the line, they would privatise it so what gives ?

All i listed was for RICH NAIRALANDS or Nairalanders that know super rich people so they can invest, in turn make money for themselves and employ the youths of Nigeria.

Brother please I would advice you as well to forget about the government if you do not want to have a heart attack.

We have those working for GEJ on this site, they can tell him if there intentions are pure.but of course they do not care about Nigerian, all they care about is their pockets thats it.

While others such as PointB care about there small close minded tribal sentiment that has blinded them to the bigger picture. So bros just leave the government out of this
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 1:35am On Oct 28, 2011
asha 80:

you think that government officials are not aware of these things? guy there are serious corruption and down right incopetence issues that i will not go into now

very correct, you have said it all
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 1:41am On Oct 28, 2011
@Alj harem and Asha 80
Very true, the government will not give a damn about the average Nigerian only about theirselves.  I wish that I was a government official.  I would bring the common human up.  I have so many ideas that will give Nigerians millions of jobs. But I am not in a position of power.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem3: 1:47am On Oct 28, 2011
igbo2011:

@Alj harem and Asha 80
Very true, the government will not give a damn about the average Nigerian only about theirselves.  I wish that I was a government official.  I would bring the common human up.  I have so many ideas that will give Nigerians millions of jobs. But I am not in a position of power.

Hmm sorry brother, I do not know ur statue but in case you are young and part of those that have rich well connected fathers. Please do not forget these things because THEY ARE VERY EASY TO FORGET AND you become desensitise to the suffering of the people when you get there.

Don't worry One day you would get to that position of power. Just put Nigerian first before any other.

Do not be like out president awarding actors and actresses for doing there job, or doing birthday for his wife in autralia while the reason why he travelled at the first place aka a meeting he did not attend.

do not try to make life harder for the masses

Please Think Nigeria first before economics or what ever. thanks brother
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 2:02am On Oct 28, 2011
@Alj Harem
Thank you man, will do.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by kcjazz(m): 2:33am On Oct 28, 2011
My problem with YouWin is that it won't solve poverty or unemployment. Sadly, having a business plan does not translate to success. Plus this are grants rather than a loan to be repaid.

Alj harem has a point with Innoson, for me I believe why not go to the market women who sells vegetable and micro finance her to include pepper?
The local village widow that has a provision store give her loans to add minerals/coke/fanta
The fulani man with 20 cows, give him loan for 20 more and have him decide to pay back through loans or send his kids to school

Having a business plan alienates the local folks without education and that is very dangerous to our country, plus we are not good with keeping measuring metrics
The petty traders and business traders are the real folks to help fight poverty and change the face of the country and there are millions of them.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by jmaine: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2011
Alj Harem so fast in opening threads . . .has entries of the Youwin contest ended ? that there would be beneficiaries . . .let's learn to be more objective in our discussions . . .but truth be said . . .the youwin is not the anti-dote to our unemployment debacle, but if properly managed could steer some families out of their poverty doldrums provided all other conditions like power and security remains okay . . .
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by agabaI23(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2011
I see nothing wrong with the idea if it is going to be strictly based on merit.

I am yet to understand the procedure but I have seen programmes like it somewhere else. Usually it is a competition that go through stages and the best business ideas get to the last stage. The award is multiple. This programme encourages entrepreneurial skills among graduates as opposed to everyone waiting to be employed.

NB: the best business ideas when implemented will in turn create jobs for more people.

It should be rolled out quickly
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by brainpulse: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Evidence that the GEJ of a man lacks Vision
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Ideas4life(m): 10:51am On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by gascoign1(m): 11:14am On Oct 28, 2011
None dat i know of, its just a scheme as usual,even if there is beneficiaries it will be their relatives or family member
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by kaboninc(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2011
I thought you were very informed about these issues.

1. Yes the FG fund private companies and banks. In fact mAJORITY of the new generation banks are given money by the Government provided they provide jobs to Nigerian.

2. These same companies are already saturated with workers but still they employ workers to satisfy the government. Ie back to what I AM SAYING there are not "concrete jobs" for the youths.

Currently the banking sector is the highest employees of Youths ranging from those that got a 3rd class in PHE or drama to those that did not even pass through Uni but have connection ie transferable skills.

The government is clueless on how to leave this quagmire, that is why they still pay each bank billions of Naira each year for this.

The solution igbo2011 and I propose is one of the solutions the government can use to provide concrete jobs for people.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry I pity ME for even engaging with an american who does not know anything about Nigeria not to talk of the banking sector.

There was a bail out which the government did to help the banks YES we all know this. After which the government DECIDED (not sure which era) to be paying banks to subsidize the cost of labour.

The banking sector is SATURATED BUT STILL EMPLOY PEOPLE because of this reason . You can finish as a 3rd class doctor and still get a job in Nigerian banks because of this reason.

This is my last reply to you about this, I would advice you to talk to your family members in Nigeria because YOU ARE NOT IN NIGERIA.  i am talking from a position of ignorance here.

Any other solution or problem about from the FACTS i stated is welcome

You see, SLS bailout the banks YES WE ALL KNOW THIS.

Right now the banks are been given money to employ labour. in fact in the banking sector salaries range from 80 to 150 thousand Naira.

This is done to "mop up" the unemployed youths in Nigeria.

I strongly disagree with you on this. The educational sector employs the most of skilled workers in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, everyone;Infact 90% of the skilled workers are either banking sector or accountancy firms. Oil sectors employ Nigerians as well but would prefer foreigners as there engineers etc

Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by medoski(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
I pray people like you dont get a chance to enjoy the YouWin offer, because you are too much in a haste. Registration hasn't even closed yet and you are talking of beneficiaries. It is people like you talk collapse such programs, you win and end up in a beer palour with your girlfriends.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Funkymallam(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
@op. Do u really knw wot d YouWin really mean? Or u just lyk celebrating failures, even b4 an exam? I hate wot is going on in Nigeria, but the funny tin is tok is sooooo cheap, lyk u n few odas r doing here.
From reports, applications for d scheme is still on going, even here in kano, d govt had a session with the youths on it, same with rivers state. Lets allow dem die first, na wa o
B4 anybody pounce on me, i dnt care about Gej, less an appologist. But u guys make funny comments @ times, d oda day a report about the govt of Ogun state spending 2billion on txtbks was hailed here, nobody asked how many ppl v gotten it or hw will d txtbks be sourced, locally or otherwise.
Coming to d govt funding private coys, dats not hw it s done. Wot innoson needs are:
1) Govt patronage.
2) Incentives, lyk wit regards to tax.
3) Good infrastructure, lyk power.
4) Rehabilitation of our steel coy, for local steel.
And much more.
For me the YouWin is not yet a failure, I rest my case
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
i believe something good will come out of the YOUWIN
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by stagger: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
This is a government that has got all its priorities wrong. What a disappointment!
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by manny4life(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
I'm amazed at some thoughts and reactions on here; nevertheless, I'm not surprised. That money should be used for other productive sources like funding large companies (manufacturing) and improving the most basic infrastructures. Although I like the initiative, but it's not yet time to get there just yet.

Back to topic, I'm preparing my vicious plan and let me hope they will buy it and release funds for me.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Donmeca(m): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
YouWin, good initiative. Not the best we can offer but a good step. The issue is, we have had stuff like Heir Apparent before now which I cannot tell how it ended after just one season. I think our problem as a country is HYPE we over-hype ideas into failure. We hyped NAPEP until Kpakol showed us how to empower d poor with KEKE. Let's not over hype this one and see what becomes of it.

If anyone meets d requirements, I guess he/she shud apply and tell us what transpired. Please if u know how one can participate, pls post here. The site can't open for me to even read anything.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Donmeca(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
Again, why can't one be allowed to do any legal business he like?
* The proposed venture does not entail the production and distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities that is in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
Some of the best ideas for Nigeria i've read on this thread thanks to igbo2011 and alh harem. Nowadays i dont like commenting cos it seems like same ol same ol but i liked where this was going. only problem is implementation and getting an audience who will listen and who will be willing to invest/fund. I keep saying that our problem in Nigeria is not difficult. the answers are so obvious but yet, i dunno why it's so hard.

as for the YOUWIN, my first thought about it too was why do this when we could do so much more. it's not a bad idea but only if it coexists alongside a major plan in place to create jobs such as govt actually revitalising industries, etc. anyway, i'm optimistic and watching. hope good comes out of it
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by makonko(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2011
The funds will just end up in the hands of government officials and their families. what do you expect?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Drlumi: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2011
I think you should read this:

Who Really Wins on YouWiN?

We shouldnt be too quick to tear down the scheme.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by ICEMAN(m): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
Hi,
I FILLED OUT THE YOUWIN APPLICATION AND SAVED IT BY CLICKING ON SAVE.I CAN'T SEE THE INFO I FILLED WHENEVER I LOGIN. WHAT CAN I DO?
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by igbo2011(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
ICEMAN:

Hi,
I FILLED OUT THE YOUWIN APPLICATION AND SAVED IT BY CLICKING ON SAVE.I CAN'T SEE THE INFO I FILLED WHENEVER I LOGIN. WHAT CAN I DO?

I think it is over, but if it is not you better try and start a new application and finish it off and send it ASAP.
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by aljharem(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
igbo2011:

I think it is over, but if it is not you better try and start a new application and finish it off and send it ASAP.

actually application ends in 7 days time or so,
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by pauloman(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2011
ICEMAN:

Hi,

That website is poorly designed. The same thing happened to me too ,mine was that i filled out the whole application page and clicked submit and i was told to authenticate my login details and low and behold all i spent hours typing disappeared and was never submitted. I sent a mail complaining and the replied back telling me to locate SMEDAN to help me out for the filling of the form, can you just imagine the crap ! This goes to show that the whole thing would be a Sham at the end of the day as far as i am concerned !
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Rhino5dm: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2011
YouWin is scam!
Re: Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? by Ditza: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2011
have we so lost faith in our country that even when the idea behind a scheme is genuine, people prefer to see the negative?
i understand the plight of the youth like myself concerning this scheme but i think we have become so accustomed to negativism around us that we don't want to believe anything positive in a situation of possibility. i only wish these individuals will prove themselves to remove the doubts on the heart of the youths of this nation. the government should by now be more willing to prove themselves being the examples that the leaders of tomorrow are looking up to. PROVE YOURSELVES AND REMOVE DOUBTS FROM OUR HEARTS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Formally Declare For APC- Barcanista / Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! / Gbajabiamila Proposes Extra-budget To End Zamfara Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.