Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria (9606 Views)

5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight / Airline Booking In Nigeria - Book Flights Online Air Ticketing Check-in / Hotel Booking In Pretoria Without Payment How Can I Get It Done Or Booked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
Is it possible to book ryanair in Morocco while i am still in Nigeria as their airfare is unimaginable cheap only £7 to anywhere in Europe but the airline is not available in Africa execpt Morroco, So is it possible i can book ryanair to Greece so that i can transit from greece to turkey and turkey to georgia without transit visa as i would have all necessary documents showing my onward journey to
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
On my last destinatio to Georgia east europe, So is this possible considering the price of the ticket from Nigeria direct to Georgia (N150 thousand) with discounts fare and student booking but if i went through Morocco i will spend only N36k by Flying Nigeria-Morocco-Greece-Turkey-Georgia Or Greece direct to Georgia. So pls U people i nd a reasonable advise if this will work from Vicj and others
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
bolame:

On my last destinatio to Georgia east europe,  So is this possible considering the price of the ticket from Nigeria direct to Georgia (N150 thousand) with discounts fare and student booking but if i went through Morocco i will spend only N36k by Flying Nigeria-Morocco-Greece-Turkey-Georgia Or Greece direct to Georgia. So pls U people i nd a reasonable advise if this will work from Vicj and others
bolame:

On my last destinatio to Georgia east europe,  So is this possible considering the price of the ticket from Nigeria direct to Georgia (N150 thousand) with discounts fare and student booking but if i went through Morocco i will spend only N36k by Flying Nigeria-Morocco-Greece-Turkey-Georgia Or Greece direct to Georgia. So pls U people i nd a reasonable advise if this will work from Vicj and others
   Yes, it is possible and legal to book Any Air ticket from any country and for any destination, but for fear of fraud, most airlines do not allow credit card payment from Nigeria, therefore, you'd find it difficult to pay for the online bookings which is the main method of transaction that Ryanair loves.
   Yet, unfortunately, Ryanair does not fly to any airport in Greece from Morocco, and besides, even if they would, you would not be eligible to fly with it as you do not have a visa for Greece, (Georgian visa does not cover any Schengen state). Also, Ryanair is a "direct flight" airliner, it does not do transit hence onward flights are not practical with Ryanair: This means, you are required to book and pay separately for each leg of the trips, and you must pick up your luggages at every Airport that it lands in, and you'll have to check them in again into every next Ryanair plane, so on and so forth until you arrive your final destination.
   Once before, i almost lost my valuable luggage on my way to Riga from Athens, i booked with EasyJet from Athens to Berlin, and from Berlin to Riga, and it didn't occur to me that they were two separate flights with no connection whatever (except that they are same company). I arrived in Berlin at about 21 o'clock and had to sleep at the airport awaiting the next flight scheduled for the next day, 05 o'clock. I eventually arrived Riga, and went to the luggage collection area, i waited for more than an hour until every luggage that arrived with my flight had been collected and other flight luggages are rolling on, that was when i realised my mistake and quickly went to report to the authority who then helped me to confirm that the luggage was still in Berlin and had been broken open by airport security officers. I got the luggage the next day, nothing was missing from it, thank Goodness, it didn't happen at a Nigerian airport cheesy grin.
   Trivially, Georgia is not in East Europe, but Asia geographically
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by llbhuds: 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2011
what i know is that you will definitely need a transit visa to wait in turkey if you are not flying with Turkish air (THY).
and i think only the national carrier of any country can take a passenger without a transit visa provided the passenger can produce all documents to back this claims or otherwise documents from the the embassy of the passenger's home country indicating you can do that whatsoever provided you will be on transit section at the airport
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by sgd: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
@OP,

if you have a way to pay for it, then go for it, the stress of collecting your bag at each stop is less than the money you will save
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
I go like make these Ryanair guys come Naija. Who knows, they may force airfares down. Just thinking.
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by worry246(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
You will find that Ryanair show very cheap ticket prices
HOWEVER
Everything is pay extra at check in
Final price is much more than you first think and needs cash before boarding.
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2011
worry246:

You will find that Ryanair show very cheap ticket prices
HOWEVER
Everything is pay extra at check in
Final price is much more than you first think and needs cash before boarding.
That's not true, you don't pay a penny at check-in desk unless you ignored their emails and failed to make the check-in online, in that case, you'd be charged to make the manual check-in at the desk; also, you may be charged to pay 40 Euros for every extra kilogram of weight exceeding the allowed 15 KG
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by tlops(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ryanair is a low budget airline. I have flown them a couple of times within europe. but u have to pay for meals on board, pay for checked in baggage, etc
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by igbogolo: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
There is something called VISA CHECK for non EEA passengers flying ryan air. it means that the visa of the departing country and the visa for the arrival country will be checked and verified before u are allowed to board the plane. so get your visas ready before booking
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 12:07am On Oct 29, 2011
Thanks vicjutice for your good reply i guess that is why others reply too reasonably or else they would have being cursing and making jests of themselves and yes of course i know there will be other added service fee like baggages and stuffs but the airline price cant ever be compare with going direct from Nigeria to Georgia
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 12:14am On Oct 29, 2011
i guess i will try to get a transit visa for an Europe country that ryanair fly frm Morocco to, for example bulgaria,ukraine,latvia etc country close enough to Georgia make the price of the ticket more affordable
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 1:22am On Oct 29, 2011
Dear, you will be engaging yourself in an uphill struggle, and it would be near impossible for you to make it through, i warn you.
   First of all,
1) You'd need both the Schengen transit visa and the Turkish transit visa, and you'll have to pay the application fees even though the visas can not be guaranteed.
2) There is a good chance that you will not succeed in getting either or both visas as you do not have a compelling reason for them because, as a Ryanair passenger, you are not eligible for transit visa, since Ryanair does not do transit: you will therefore be required to obtain tourist or visiting visas for both Turkey and the Schengen.
3) If by miracle you managed to obtain both the Schengen and the Turkish visa, you must not carry a luggage exceeding 15 KG, otherwise, you will be charged 40 euros for every extra KG; for example, if your luggage weighs 19KG, you will be required to pay 160 euros for the extra 4 KGs.
4) The fee you see with Ryanair is only the enticing amount, but when you start making the booking, you'll see other costs accumulating, for example, you see a "cheap" ticket from Morocco to Belgium costing only 10 euros, but then, you will have to pay about 50 euros for "Tax", and then, you will be charged another 45 euro for your 15KG luggage, and finally, you will be charged for your Credit Card usage, and yet, you will receive an email about 15 days prior to your scheduled departure advising you to do online check-in (that would also cost some money) as failing to comply will cost you much more money at the desk on departure day:
5) You must take the arrival and departure times into account as you would most likely be an airport sleeper in different countries, How would you feel if you arrived (lets say) in Brussels at 13:00 o'clock, and the next departure time is at 09:00 o'clock the next day?
6) Finally, Ryanair is only good for direct flights especially within Europe, if you want to book multiple Ryanair flights to compensate for their non-schedule destination, you will only end up punishing yourself and paying more money with lost time with regretful personal stress

1 Like

Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by horny4u(f): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2011
Don't they pay to use the toilet on Ryanair ? not sure o, grin
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2011
Thanks vicjustic and other people that comment on this thread, i guess you meant be right afterall @vicjustice cos the airline only fly from Morocco to London, paris and rome
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2011
Vicjutice and worry247 does any of you know about the miles and smiles point on turkish airline to earn a free ticket or anyway i can buy it for cheap from a frequent flyer on turkish airline Or is it possible to get a uk airport transit visa at their embassy in ikeja cos i will be applying with the admission letters from the school in georgia(East europe) the scan copy of the visa (2 years study permit) and some other necessary docs, cos the fare from Nigeria to uk is £65 exl tax on lufthansa airline and azerbaijan airline in Uk to geogia is £120 (student booking 20yo) on a fix day including tax
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2011
So pls vicjustice do answer me with a truthful answer concerning the uk airport transit, did you think i will have any chance of getting the transit visa? applying with georgia docs cos i have heard of some people going to other countries eg Chile with valid sticker visa in their passport and being refuse for no reason talkless of me with only a georgia visa paper
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
bolame:

Vicjutice and worry247 does any of you know about the miles and smiles point on turkish airline to earn a free ticket or anyway i can buy it for cheap from a frequent flyer on turkish airline Or is it possible to get a uk airport transit visa at their embassy in ikeja cos i will be applying with the admission letters from the school in georgia(East europe) the scan copy of the visa (2 years study permit) and some other necessary docs, cos the fare from Nigeria to uk is £65 exl tax on lufthansa airline and azerbaijan airline in Uk to geogia is £120 (student booking 20yo) on a fix day including tax
bolame:

So pls vicjustice do answer me with a truthful answer concerning the uk airport transit, did you think i will have any chance of getting the transit visa? applying with georgia docs cos i have heard of some people going to other countries eg Chile with valid sticker visa in their passport and being refuse for no reason talkless of me with only a georgia visa paper 
   The Miles and Smiles programme works like the Skyteam Blue Miles, and while you are allowed to enter into the membership, you need to be a frequent flyer in order to earn enough flying miles points to win any price or discount that the airline companies offer; so, you can't just get such offer straight away, you can only earn some few points from every trip with the company.
   And to answer your other question regarding the UK transit visa, What you are intending to do is not called a "transit", but a Stop-Over, transit (in aviation language) is supposed to be an onward trip on a single ticket by one airline company; for example, you are flying to Tbilisi (the capital city of Georgia) by British Airways, and the plane is obliged to land in London before completing the journey to Georgia, in this case, you are qualified to apply for the UK transit visa. But not when you are using Pakistan airline and you want to stop over in London and then proceed with a Greek airliner to Tbilisi, it just doesn't work that way: You will not be given a transit visa if you are flying with a company that does not do transit.
   Dear, i have taken into consideration how you're trying very hard to reduce the costs of your trip and how you are even considering taking up to 5 different routes just to reach your destination, even at the risk of your health, and even pleading for someone to sell you "Miles & Smiles" points to aid your trip; therefore, i feel responsible to advice you to really settle down and recalculate the costs of everything and reconsider this education adventure, and i need you to tell me if you think you're ready for all the difficult challenges ahead. Know that your education in Georgia will not be of much advantage: I am concerned that you are not financially capable to study in a country like Georgia, and like i brought to your attention before, Georgia is not in Europe (not in "East Europe"wink as you are insisting, but it is an extremely poor country in South-western Asia, bordering the Black Sea, between Turkey and Asian part of Russia: Do not expect that you would find a job in Georgia, you'd be needing finances from Nigeria for support, and your certificate will not be recognised in Europe or any normal country, are you sure you're ready for this?
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
thanks for your advice but i have already make up my mind the reason for getting the georgia study stuff is to (connect) to other country which is very mush easier than you think. for example someone interested in visiting germany get a poland visa then tell me isnt easier for the person to go to germany now when he get to poland so my reason for going to georgia i cannot tell you or port it here on a website cos we know very well there are some
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
you know there are some immigration officers too reading this kind of travel threads so i cannot post here or tell you what i am going to do in georgia or how i would be getting to other country from there,so i am not here to talk of how i am going to survive in georgia or if it is in europe or asia so i am here to know how i can possible book a cheap ticket from lagos to georgia according to my budget
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by bolame: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
And base on yr comment on how i was arguing with you that Georgia is in europe and not asia you get it wrong i was not insisting it was in europe i put the (East europe) for other people reading this thread not to think it was the georgia in USA but then it does'nt matter if it is in asia or europe i guess the country must be an Euroasia cos it was an european country in asia region so all that dont matter as you thought all i care about is getting there to a certain country within few months of staying and studing there, and i don t need there cert for anything.
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
bolame:

thanks for your advice but i have already make up my mind the reason for getting the georgia study stuff is to (connect) to other country which is very mush easier than you think. for example someone interested in visiting germany get a poland visa then tell me isnt easier for the person to go to germany now when he get to poland so my reason for going to georgia i cannot tell you or port it here on a website cos we know very well there are some
Germany and Poland are both EU and Schengen countries, so, it's not the same as isolated Georgia

bolame:

you know there are some immigration officers too reading this kind of travel threads so i cannot post here or tell you what i am going to do in georgia or how i would be getting to other country from there,so i am not here to talk of how i am going to survive in georgia or if it is in europe or asia so i am here to know how i can possible book a cheap ticket from lagos to georgia according to my budget
bolame:

And base on yr comment on how i was arguing with you that Georgia is in europe and not asia you get it wrong i was not insisting it was in europe i put the (East europe) for other people reading this thread not to think it was the georgia in USA but then it does'nt matter if it is in asia or europe i guess the country must be an Euroasia cos it was an european country in asia region so all that dont matter as you thought all i care about is getting there to a certain country within few months of staying and studing there, and i don t need there cert for anything. 
   A little element of politeness in your post would have meant some decency.
   Well, just to let you know that it is as much difficult for a Georgian citizen to get a visa for any EU country as it is for a Nigerian citizen, so, your being in Georgia is of no advantage to migrate into other countries. Cheers
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 2:27am On Nov 05, 2011
Hah, Bolame, so you're that stubborn person who posted this:
bolame:

pls @vicjustic is there anyway i can make a jounery from morocco-italy-greece-france and finally uk or can i get a cruise from nigeria to turkey (cruise dont need visa) then from turkey to greece-france
in the thread that i created about Italy and Spain: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-128497.0.html
I recall that i gave you good advice and warned you of the risk involved in the adventure that you wanted to take; Now, little do i wonder you got the same stubbornness here. But, your attitude is beginning to give me the impression that you're a juvenile male, please, i'll appreciate to be proven wrong
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Adekusibe01(m): 12:57am On Mar 04, 2013
Please I'm looking for the ryanair airline booking office cos I'm going to georgia and I don't know the actual amount that they book ticket to georgia and I will like to know there office in MMA. Pls help me with this
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Adekusibe01(m): 1:01am On Mar 04, 2013
I will like to know the actual amount from nigeria to georgia and there booking office in MMA
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nope
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by tessytessy(f): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2019
I book Ryanair and Easyjet with my credit card from Nigeria.
Vicjustice:
   Yes, it is possible and legal to book Any Air ticket from any country and for any destination, but for fear of fraud, most airlines do not allow credit card payment from Nigeria, therefore, you'd find it difficult to pay for the online bookings which is the main method of transaction that Ryanair loves.
   Yet, unfortunately, Ryanair does not fly to any airport in Greece from Morocco, and besides, even if they would, you would not be eligible to fly with it as you do not have a visa for Greece, (Georgian visa does not cover any Schengen state). Also, Ryanair is a "direct flight" airliner, it does not do transit hence onward flights are not practical with Ryanair: This means, you are required to book and pay separately for each leg of the trips, and you must pick up your luggages at every Airport that it lands in, and you'll have to check them in again into every next Ryanair plane, so on and so forth until you arrive your final destination.
   Once before, i almost lost my valuable luggage on my way to Riga from Athens, i booked with EasyJet from Athens to Berlin, and from Berlin to Riga, and it didn't occur to me that they were two separate flights with no connection whatever (except that they are same company). I arrived in Berlin at about 21 o'clock and had to sleep at the airport awaiting the next flight scheduled for the next day, 05 o'clock. I eventually arrived Riga, and went to the luggage collection area, i waited for more than an hour until every luggage that arrived with my flight had been collected and other flight luggages are rolling on, that was when i realised my mistake and quickly went to report to the authority who then helped me to confirm that the luggage was still in Berlin and had been broken open by airport security officers. I got the luggage the next day, nothing was missing from it, thank Goodness, it didn't happen at a Nigerian airport cheesy grin.
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by BedLam: 7:06am On Jan 23, 2019
Vicjustice:
The greatest financial lie of the 21st century is merchants refusing Nigerian cards because of credit card Fraud. Please stop it!
Firstly Nigerian cards are some of the hardest to fraid with because you need the OTP.
We should stop buying that nonsense already.
You have no idea the number of credit card Fraud that goes on in the US. Approximately 50% does that mean Ryannair and co stop accepting their cards ? Note: US accounts for 25 percent of credit card usage. How many times has someone used your debit card to make transactions? But this is daily occurrence in the US.
Re: Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
BedLam:
The greatest financial lie of the 21st century is merchants refusing Nigerian cards because of credit card Fraud. Please stop it!
Firstly Nigerian cards are some of the hardest to fraid with because you need the OTP.
We should stop buying that nonsense already.
You have no idea the number of credit card Fraud that goes on in the US. Approximately 50% does that mean Ryannair and co stop accepting their cards ? Note: US accounts for 25 percent of credit card usage. How many times has someone used your debit card to make transactions? But this is daily occurrence in the US.
The comment that you replied to was posted in 2011, that was 8 years ago, and you are responding to it in 2019, 8 years after it was posted, You should have understood that the comment was made according to the situations in 2011, so, it is irrational to judge it according to 2019 developments.

(1) (Reply)

See The 10 Most Expensive Airports Ever Built In The World(Photos) / Enugu Airport Safety: State Government Orders Relocation Of TV Mast / Worst Accident You Have Ever Been Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.