Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics (15213 Views)

Keri Hilson Show Didn't Go As Expected...low Turn Out / Keri Hilson To Perform In Abuja On 2nd November / Keri Hilson Coming To Nigeria In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by bovy: 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
American R and b singer Keri Hilson posted on her page that she listened to a nigerian artiste song and he kept repeating the same lyrics "Make you leak yaa speakers

: http://www./2011/10/keri-hilson-takes-shot-at-nigerian.html#ixzz1c6Oih3Nx

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by paraphase(m): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
this shuld be on the front page o
I guess she was refering to "Wizkid"
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Mcleo007(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
Who's lines are those? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by shotster50(m): 12:53am On Oct 29, 2011
Mcleo007:

Who's lines are those? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha question of the day I guess.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 2:03am On Oct 29, 2011
"make you lick ya speaker" lmao, thatz a funny, i don't think its Wizzy though.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by eghost247(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2011
embarassedPlease who is the artist
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by folahann(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2011
Nigeria- good people, great nation. Won't be surprised if it's Wizzkid, the guy talks senselessness in his lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by KacHemNaU(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2011
Whoever the artist is, he sure caught her attention
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by 9ja4eva: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2011
LOL,
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Koolking(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2011
folahann:

Nigeria- good people, great nation. Won't be surprised if it's[b] Wizzkid[/b], the guy talks senselessness in his lyrics.

the guy wacks big time. smh at a guy call terry g

Keri hilson was absolutely right. a thousand and one self-acclaimed musicians in nigeria are just media overrated. they force themselves to sing when the talent is not really there. they are just wannabees, drown in their own folly, and being taken advantage of by the media. I have much respect for a few like Asa. she sings beautifully with a message. music is suppose to uplifts the spirit when listen to. embarrasingly, 2% of nigerian artists live up to expectations. even those they hyped as the biggest are just clueless in lyrical contents.

succinctly, i am not a fan to the nigerian media-acclaimed musicians. it is all business,

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by sheyguy: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2011
she neva hear "ginger my swagga make i buta your bread" u must fear now!

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by mamaafrik(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2011
Coward stalker,wait girls, is tryin to make guy fill inferior d new way of seekin attentn of a guy wey set die,
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by papaejima2: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2011
I think you guys are getting it all wrong. Music is for an audience and right now, Nigerian music and musicians are hotter than ever. Their music is mainly for the Nigerian and African audience and it is not by force to sell to the whole world. Do you know of any musician from China? Sure they have music industry there and the big stars there should sell more albums than the average American musician. The problem with your mentality is that you have a false notion of how music should be sang i.e. the way Americans do it.

Even all over Africa, Nigerian music rules. Our music have never had it so good and it is mainly because they are now singing for the Nigerian audience. It does not matter whether Keri Hilson appreciates it or not. I doubt if she would sell more albums in Nigeria than Whizkid, M.I. or even the much berated Ice Prince. But she could sell more than the much acclaimed Mode Nine (You get my point?).

Every music should have a territorial target. You need to conquer your immediate territory before going further. There was a time when all you would hear in nite clubs, parties and radio were foreign music. All that have changed now, Nigerian music have conquered their country and about conquering their continent. I wonder why ignorant peeps are still beefing just because they don't sing like the Americans anymore.

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by ov: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2011
its not wiz kid oooo

Its Nkem Owo featuring Geniveive.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Gemma11: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2011
Koolking:

the guy wacks big time. smh at a guy call terry g

Keri hilson was absolutely right. a thousand and one self-acclaimed musicians in nigeria are just media overrated. they force themselves to sing when the talent is not really there. they are just wannabees, drown in their own folly, and being taken advantage of by the media. I have much respect for a few like Asa. she sings beautifully with a message. music is suppose to uplifts the spirit when listen to. embarrasingly, 2% of nigerian artists live up to expectations. even those they hyped as the biggest are just clueless in lyrical contents.

succinctly, i am not a fan to the nigerian media-acclaimed musicians. it is all business,

Your so right! Nigerian artists out there who can really sing with a beautiful tone and melody are scarce i.e ( Kefee, Omabele - sorry can't spell her name) and very far between. Plenty of talented singers in Nigeria I am sure but they are either not given the chance or they don't have the right image. We need to do better people otherwise the music industry much like Nollywood will become the laughing stock of the world and not taken seriously.

Love these girls though, too bad they are not famous yet but look out for them----Oh yes and they are Nigerian!! cool

[flash=600,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp3KqShmAk[/flash]
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2011
make she go sleep, wetin concern her??
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by BodyKiss(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
papa ejima:

I think you guys are getting it all wrong. Music is for an audience and right now, Nigerian music and musicians are hotter than ever. Their music is mainly for the Nigerian and African audience and it is not by force to sell to the whole world. Do you know of any musician from China? Sure they have music industry there and the big stars there should sell more albums than the average American musician. The problem with your mentality is that you have a false notion of how music should be sang i.e. the way Americans do it.

Even all over Africa, Nigerian music rules. Our music have never had it so good and it is mainly because they are now singing for the Nigerian audience. It does not matter whether Keri Hilson appreciates it or not. I doubt if she would sell more albums in Nigeria than Whizkid, M.I. or even the much berated Ice Prince. But she could sell more than the much acclaimed Mode Nine (You get my point?).

Every music should have a territorial target. You need to conquer your immediate territory before going further. There was a time when all you would hear in nite clubs, parties and radio were foreign music. All that have changed now, Nigerian music have conquered their country and about conquering their continent. I wonder why ignorant peeps are still beefing just because they don't sing like the Americans anymore.

Forget about territorial target or what ever. 2face, for example put out good music with good lyrics and still make it more than those you listed. So many Nigerian musicians yarn s.hi.t, their stage performance is yet another poo to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by BodyKiss(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2011
Seun stop rendering some posts meaningless with all these your senseless filters. All cries for Nairaland redesign/upgrade have all gone begging. You waste your time on useless things. Is this how you will become a billionaire?
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
She did not take a shot, she made a comment about something strange to her.

The fact that she, an international music star, is listening to such despite coming from a nation of ignorants says alot of how far Nigerian music has come.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MrGlobe(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2011
lmao,  Welcome to the thrash called Nigerian Music who only people who don't really know music and brainwashed folks adore. Someone said I should name one chinese artist? Really? Is that how you rate yours? Do they  know about your musicians? Keri is in S:A and probably heard the trash over there radio and was like wtf!!!! Wonder what she'd had done if she saw the nigerian cypher or attended a concert without tuface.
Another point is nigerians attach no value to lyrics, everybody that has listened to the song shld have identified the artist. All abot the beats
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2011
Mr. Globe:

lmao,  Welcome to the thrash called Nigerian Music who only people who don't really know music and brainwashed folks adore. Someone said I should name one chinese artist? Really? Is that how you rate yours? Do they  know about your musicians? Keri is in S:A and probably heard the trash over there radio and was like wtf!!!! Wonder what she'd had done if she saw the nigerian cypher or attended a concert without tuface.
Another point is nigerians attach no value to lyrics, everybody that has listened to the song shld have identified the artist. All abot the beats

no b u dey promote "Bracket"? which lyrics dem get?
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Parnassuss(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2011
Make Miss Hilson go try overshadow Ciara finish abeg. All those spewing the crap about "music with message" I would like you all to show me just ONE example of Keri doing that. Just one example, abeg, make she find her own level. Na till person start dey yab her hair extension before she go park well!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by fmgold: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
Our musc ndustry has mproved.d sweet part s she heard the song n SA.wch means our artsts are recognsed across d contnent,don't get to hear SA musc n NG. USA also av wack artsts some even use synthaszers e.g ll wayne. All about d hustle,would she av made t n NG
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by pkv(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
Sagamite:

She did not take a shot, she made a comment about something strange to her.

The fact that she, an international music star, is listening to such despite coming from a nation of ignorants says alot of how far Nigerian music has come.
nigeria a nation of ignorants?!olboy which kind malpost b dat na?
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Oba234: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
To people that are attacking Nigerian musicians as making no sense and Nigerians as people that just like the beats of song need to realized that people in general likes catchy music. Well, its just not just Nigerian musicians that makes no sense, A lot of songs that come out nowadays have poor lyrical content, but they become big hits. There so many American songs that I have listened to and liked, but at the end of the day, I ask myself why this song became popular. People that like Soulja Boy, Nicki Minaj, lil wayne, Wacka Flocka, Gucci Mane are not necessarily doing so because these people are lyrical genius. Can someone tell me what "no hands" mean? This was the song sang by Wacka Flocka. I am guilty of doing this also. I listen to a lot of music with poor lyrical content, but if I want to listen to song that has string lyrical content, I will go listen to Ayo, Luther Vandross, Gospel music and some old school R&B. I don't think she hates Nigerian music, it just not what she is used to. She may be hearing the wrong word though. Anyway, point is Nigerian music is playing wherever she is so, somebody is liking it over there.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by publisher(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2011
[size=15pt]I'm beginning to think the song Keri Hilson heard may have been either from a Ghanaian,Kenyan or South African Artist. Cos i dont think any Nigerian A-list artiste has released any songs with lyrics on licking the mic or speakers. However,for her to mention this experience and if truly she's visiting SA at the moment,then this must mean that she's been bombarded with Nigerian songs everywhere in SA,and curiosity must have driven her to explore more Naija songs. Unfortunately ,she bumped into the 'lick ur speakers' freak.

Its kudos to Nigerian music all the same,self haters can go 'phuck their speakers' instead. tongue[/size]

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by oc2fish: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2011
Keri Hilson Please dont be jealous our music is doing fine. I will not say that for our home videos
i wonder who buy those their no story production. I love our Nigerian music.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2011
Bleh! 'Lick ya speakers'

Shame that musician grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2011
pkv:
nigeria a nation of ignorants?!olboy which kind malpost b dat na?

My guess is that he was referring to the US.

Oba234:
To people that are attacking Nigerian musicians as making no sense and Nigerians as people that just like the beats of song need to realized that people in general likes catchy music. Well, its just not just Nigerian musicians that makes no sense, A lot of songs that come out nowadays have poor lyrical content, but they become big hits. There so many American songs that I have listened to and liked, but at the end of the day, I ask myself why this song became popular. People that like Soulja Boy, Nicki Minaj, lil wayne, Wacka Flocka, Gucci Mane are not necessarily doing so because these people are lyrical genius. Can someone tell me what "no hands" mean? This was the song sang by Wacka Flocka. I am guilty of doing this also. I listen to a lot of music with poor lyrical content, but if I want to listen to song that has string lyrical content, I will go listen to Ayo, Luther Vandross, Gospel music and some old school R&B. I don't think she hates Nigerian music, it just not what she is used to. She may be hearing the wrong word though. Anyway, point is Nigerian music is playing wherever she is so, somebody is liking it over there.

Thank you! I was just about typing this exact comment. I wish I could copy and paste this comment on that stupid NJO article that came out some weeks ago, about Nigerian music not becoming popular in the US due to "language barrier". Is Lil' Wayne rapping in English? lol.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MeGaStReEt: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2011
It must be D'Banj, that gyy keep singing shitttt
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

It must be D'Banj, that gyy keep singing shitttt
lol.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Basics007: 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2011
As if the Keri Hilson herself is a lyrical genius. "My name is Keri, i'm so pretty" . Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Download Zero By Chris Brown / Site To Download Free 9ja Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.