Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32283 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by olawalebabs(m): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

I hope their husband find you ut soon. disgusting behavior
not everybody deserves your response, some times it is better to just ignore them.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nokia3310: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ aloy/emeka i don't seems to understand why you are obsessed with Islam, there are so many issues regarding Christianity that you should have channel your energy to resolve, even as you are here criticizing Islam's Support of polygamy, the Pope and other Rev. Fathers all over world, are violating little girls in the name of your religion (Christianity)! A religion that is so short sighted to have recognized the fact that men are created weak and therefore its practically impossible for an able bodied man/woman to have spend a lifetime without having a sexual relation with the opposite sex.
For e.g. How do you convinced a sane person that Pope John Paul Died a virgin or that Benedict has never sleep with a woman over these years. So i don't think its a matter of Islam laying so much emphasis on sex rather its a matter of facing the reality.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
toba:

who or what gave u such notion as to polygamy meaning to be a tool against adultery?

do u realise that polygamists are still adulterous? So find something better to say to justify your point lipsrsealed

fact is, a muslim Man doesnt need an excuse to go into polygamy
. It may not be for the s3x nd it cld be. But, he has to compulsory follow certain rules.

for example, If he cant satisfy them in any way, whether as a man, or financially or in any other way, he is not to practice it. But once he can, the ball is in his court.

s3x is not the only justification for polygamy. After all, no matter how much a woman wants it, she can only have a man.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by brainpulse: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
What you ladies do not know is that for a MAN marrying more than 10 WOMEN will never stop his adulterous instincts. The poor man will always grave for more pleasures because his instincts will always tell him that there are still more ladies with different styles he has not tried. So there is no Good excuse for any Bad habit.

When a Man is discipline, He is discipline no matter what. Religion or not. But he will always find an excuse because his religion has given him a way out to indulge himself.
So before he marries the 2nd, 3rd i bet you he must have tasted average of 6 and incidentally one takes in, noway out, then he brings her home with imams and family members and they begin to quote from the Glorious books for the wife to accept, then the wife being bound by the Glorious books has only one option, to accept the 2nd wife without asking herself these questions- How many has he tried before bringing one home? Will this be the last one? The very act of adltry the book was trying to avoid in the first act, was the very act done before the second or third wife will come in.

So who is fooling who?
@OP a very good post, but it takes those that can think beyond the fraternity of religion to think wisely.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by maclatunji: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ima Ima:

am not a muslim woman but am jealous and dont like to share.

besides i dont think the quaran(sorry if i missd d spellin) promotes polygamy.didnt it say that if the man can love the women equally, only then can he marry more than one wife?but we kno its not possible to love two pple the same way.

It did not say the man must love his wives (maximum of 4) equally. It says he must be just (fair) with them. You cannot love even your Children equally but you must be fair to them. It is the same principle that applies to a Muslim man with more than one wife. You get the drift- I hope/trust!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by domack99(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
manmacho:

if we claim to be like God them our desposition should be like God,
even in the animal kingdom there is high level of decorum, they stick to one partner for life till death do them part (pigeon). how much more human. God is a jealous God, women are jealous they don't want competition.

the basis of argument in support of this matter is never acceptable.

argument yin ko ta, ko dun.
Which animal stick to one wife or which part of animal kingdom stick to one wife, Seems you watch too much of cartoon. You need to get Animal planet or discovery world channel to learn more to learn more or better still go to your village and study the he/she goat and am sure you will notice how the young one he goat sleep withs his mother.
For goodness sake while on earth will u compare human being with animal, this is a forum to learn and share not to abuse it.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
This is just plain disgusting behaviour.

While Jesus was preoccupied with saving mankind and taking us to a higher plane of holiness and moral ethic, Mo ( PBUH ) was busy marrying 13 wives including a 9 year old.

Why was a Holy man preoccupied with SEX.

For muslim women to degrade themselves by accepting such madness is just unbelievable in this day and age.

And please don't start quoting bible verses about what happened 5000 years ago, we are in the 21st century for goodness sakes ||

SMH
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
nokia3310:

@ aloy/emeka i don't seems to understand why you are obsessed with Islam, there are so many issues regarding Christianity that you should have channel your energy to resolve, even as you are here criticizing Islam's Support of polygamy, the Pope and other Rev. Fathers all over world, are violating little girls in the name of your religion (Christianity)! A religion that is so short sighted to have recognized the fact that men are created weak and therefore its practically impossible for an able bodied man/woman to have spend a lifetime without having a intimate relation with the opposite sex.
For e.g. How do you convinced a sane person that Pope John Paul Died a virgin or that Benedict has never sleep with a woman over these years. So i don't think its a matter of Islam laying so much emphasis on sex rather its a matter of facing the reality.
exactly. Dont mind them. they are talking discipline when many of them, have slept with countless number of boy friends without being married.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by trux(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
And which religion permit only one woman? Some time some people try to play not knowing their showing how foolish they are
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by brainpulse: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
I believe what the Glorious Book should have laid emphases on is Discipline and it shouldn't have encouraged polygamy for any so call reasons at all, saying that is the nature of man. It is a pure lie from the pit of hell sold by the devil. Once you tell God to help you with discipline you will find it easy and nice as a man. A man of will and discipline is strong and will withstand any act of adulterous life.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2011

While Jesus was preoccupied with saving mankind and taking us to a higher plane of holiness and moral ethic, Mo ( PBUH ) was busy marrying 13 wives including a 9 year old.

For muslim women to degrade themselves by accepting such madness is just unbelievable in this day and age.

And please don't start quoting bible verses about what happened 5000 years ago, we are in the 21st century for goodness sakes ||

SMH
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
frosbel:

While Jesus was preoccupied with saving mankind and taking us to a higher plane of holiness and moral ethic, Mo ( PBUH ) was busying marrying 13 wives including a 9 year old.

SMH

would you be like jesus and not marry?

You are not eve ashamed of yourself that you choose a part of the bible and ignore others. Well, Jesus spoke of the end times- now u only take the part that suits you.

In reality, every1 knows if the laws of the Qur'an are followed and men cohabit with only the women their hands possess, the world would be free of many of these sexually transmitted infections.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

would you be like jesus and not marry?

You are not eve ashamed of yourself that you choose a part of the bible and ignore others. Well, Jesus spoke of the end times- now u only take the part that suits you.

In reality, every1 knows if the laws of the Qur'an are followed and men cohabit with only the women their hands possess, the world would be free of many of these sexually transmitted infections.

Mrs. don't even start with me, I am not deluded to believe in a religion where your heaven is a brothel and your prophet was a woman-wrapper.

Sickening.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by manmacho: 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
polygammy is just an excuse for lack of commitment. thanks da lord he does not behave like this towards us. it treat each one exclusively like you are the only one existing in the world.

He replicated his word to us" thou shall worship no other god but me" he is too jealouse to accomadate any other.
basis for instituting marriage
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
brainpulse:

I believe what the Glorious Book should have laid emphases on is Discipline and it shouldn't have encouraged polygamy for any so call reasons at all, saying that is the nature of man. It is a pure lie from the pit of hell sold by the devil. Once you tell God to help you with discipline you will find it easy and nice as a man. A man of will and discipline is strong and will withstand any act of adulterous life.

wat is d definition of discipline. the problem wv many of u is dat u do not read to understand but to criticise. I mentioned in a previous post that it is not all about the s3x. A man wv two wives who keeps to them only is also disciplined or is he not?

and despite that ur holy book emphasised discipline, are christians not promiscuous?? Are u a virgin or were u one at ur marriage??(if u are married) feel free to answer one. Or av pastors not been seen violating children??
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
Once upon a time I asked my wife what she thought of the concept of having to share the same man with another woman, she almost threw up.

Why must the modern world accomodate this stone age behaviour  angry
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by begwong: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Muslim Women
« #7 on: Yesterday at 04:11:33 PM »

Why compare only that two?. How about a faithful husband with one wife compared to a randy husband with many wives and concubines like Abiola?.Was Abiola not a loyal muslim with 4 wives but wasn't he sleeping around?. What of Sani Abacha and his escapades with women?

Alh Atiku abubarka more than 2 wives-hausa,yoruba , igbo wives with yanfu-yanfu babes
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

I hope their husband find you ut soon. disgusting behavior

I'm sorry dear, but Its not like that. I just make them feel good, give them the attention their husbands fail to give them. And moreover, I knew both of them before they were forced into marriage. Atimes most women who cheat on their husbands dont do it because they are being sexually starved,  but cos they are emotionally neglected by their husbands, and thats where I come in.

I dont like it but if I dont do it, some other punk would just take advantage of them.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nokia3310: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
brainpulse:

Talking about discipline now, Muslims have the highest order of morality on earth, even in Nigeria here the rate of immoral acts such as: fornication, adultery, abortion etc is higher in Christian dominated states than in Muslim dominated states

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by baslone: 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
frosbel:

[b]While Jesus was preoccupied with saving mankind and taking us to a higher plane of holiness and moral ethic, [/b]Mo ( PBUH ) was busy marrying 13 wives including a 9 year old.

SMH

Make I yarn you as he celebrated is 18TH birthday!!!!  grin  grin No be mistake Bible skip am o!!!!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
MAny single men would not marry divorced or widowed women. thay may be left with no one to take care of them or marry them. But Islam finds a way to protect them by Endorsing polygamy.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
nokia3310:

Talking about discipline now, Muslims have the highest order of morality on earth, even in Nigeria here the rate of immoral acts such as: fornication, adultery, abortion etc is higher in Christian dominated states than in Muslim dominated states

don't let those hijabs deceive you.
i have been to the north and the immorality rate in those states makes a mockery of babylon in the bible.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

MAny single men would not marry divorced or widowed women. thay may be left with no one to take care of them or marry them. But Islam finds a way to protect them by Endorsing polygamy.

Yeah, Yeah , oh Yeah !  grin

So all those women that Mo ( PBUH ) made widows by slaughtering their husbands , he was protecting them by marrying them to his Jihad maniacs , right undecided

And what about our black sisters that were raped by Arab jihadists in their hundreds of thousands while the husbands were castrated. Was Mo ( PBUH ) helping them undecided

Oh please stop insulting our intelligence.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
my sister was a single mother of two and a doctor. her 1st husband was a, well, he was an idiot!he divorced her, for a few years she was single, and my parents had to support her alot with taking care of the kids
a few months ago, she met someone else that was married to someone already. his wife and my sis were even namesakes. the man had the intention of marrying my sis, and his 1st wife, being the noble muslimah that she is, consented. now shes married again and she's happier. at least she's not lonely anymore. and her husband has lifted some of the weight off. so what can u say about that?
the fact is, there are advantages to polygamy that most people do not take into consideration before criticizing it. people need to open their minds
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
hey guys!!!!! dis is turning into a religious war and it shldnt be.

whether we bliv one religion makes no sense, the pple in that religion dont think so.

personally i dnt agree wit a lot of things but i dont dabble into their issues.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

You know, that would be a fair statement if the second, third and fourth wives of most polygamous Muslim men are widows or divorcees, but they arent. These women are young, often underage girls that are married against their will.

The both ladies I was telling you about are not even up to 20. The one who is a 3rd wife cried to me when her father concluded plans of marrying her off to this rich muslim business man.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
Okija_juju:

I'm sorry dear, but Its not like that. I just make them feel good, give them the attention their husbands fail to give them. And moreover, I knew both of them before they were forced into marriage. Atimes most women who cheat on their husbands dont do it because they are being sexually starved,  but cos they are emotionally neglected by their husbands, and thats where I come in.

I dont like it but if I dont do it, some other punk would just take advantage of them.

That is a point actually. If the man wouldnt be there for their needs, why marry them. I hope they are aware of their right to divorce. What is the essence of marriage if they have to seek an Okija man grin for their emotional troubles.

*how come u know two of the women married to d same man. Am I to believe you
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, Yeah , oh Yeah !  grin

So all those women that Mo ( PBUH ) made widows by slaughtering their husbands , he was protecting them by marrying them to his Jihad maniacs , right  undecided

And what about our black sisters that were violated by Arab jihadists in their hundreds of thousands while the husbands were castrated. Was Mo ( PBUH ) helping them  undecided

Oh please stop insulting our intelligence.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
This frosbel never makes sound arguements! All he does is to insult the prophet (S.A.W).

Hu cares about what your wife thinks?

Deols, kindly ignore him as its obvious he doesn't see beyond his nose.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
IbroSaunks:

my sister was a single mother of two and a doctor. her 1st husband was a, well, he was an !he divorced her, for a few years she was single, and my parents had to support her alot with taking care of the kids
a few months ago, she met someone else that was married to someone already. his wife and my sis were even namesakes. the man had the intention of marrying my sis, and his 1st wife, being the noble muslimah that she is, consented. now shes married again and she's happier. at least she's not lonely anymore. and her husband has lifted some of the weight off. so what can u say about that?
the fact is, there are advantages to polygamy that most people do not take into consideration before criticizing it. people need to open their minds

there's no advantage in polygamy - there's always conflict in the family. women are naturally jealous beings and for that reason, there can never be peace.
most of them smile in public and harbour evil vices in their hearts. some do juju and other metaphysical stunts. this then transcends to the children and so on and so forth.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by brainpulse: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

wat is d definition of discipline. the problem wv many of u is dat u do not read to understand but to criticise. I mentioned in a previous post that it is not all about the s3x. A man wv two wives who keeps to them only is also disciplined or is he not?

and despite that your holy book emphasised discipline, are christians not promiscuous?? Are u a virgin or were u one at your marriage??(if u are married) feel free to answer one. Or av pastors not been seen violating children??

Pls am trying not to be religious but for us to understand some concepts by thinking out of the box. What is Adultery-extramarital sex: voluntary sexual relations between a married person and somebody other than his or her spouse.
Once it is more than one wife it is adultery then religion helps you if you impregnate and marry her then she becomes 2nd wife.
Discipline- the ability to behave in a controlled and calm way, or actitude even in a difficult or stressful situation.

I am not married and i am still a virgin- because i told myself i will reserve myself for my wife, i am little above 30 and a full blown man.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
deols:

That is a point actually. If the man wouldnt be there for their needs, why marry them. I hope they are aware of their right to divorce. What is the essence of marriage if they have to seek an Okija man grin for their emotional troubles.

*how come u know two of the women married to d same man. Am I to believe you

No o!!

Different men. They were both friends and that how I got to know them both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.