Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views (8244 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In / France Visa,austria Visa And Turkey Visa Which One Is Easier To Get (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Russialane(m): 4:27am On Oct 30, 2011
UK deports 76 Nigerians The Cameron administration also recently imposed a migration cap focusing on non-EU migrants in the UK, including Nigerians

Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the UK, Dr Dalhatu Tafida, said many Nigerians in that country were surviving through illegal means, including credit card fraud, internet scams and immigration paper forgery.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by omega25red(m): 5:02am On Oct 30, 2011
Russialane:

UK deports 76 Nigerians The Cameron administration also recently imposed a migration cap focusing on non-EU migrants in the UK, including Nigerians

Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the UK, Dr Dalhatu Tafida, said many Nigerians in that country were surviving through illegal means, including credit card fraud, internet scams and immigration paper forgery.
your question and the things you mentioned dont seem to go together and the bolded part is not something that is new people get deported all the time and folks do illegal things to survive even when they are willing to work legally but they can't get papers.

Anyway can you give examples of how people in nigeria without jobs survive?
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by bebe2(f): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2011
it is better to be jobless in uk than in nigeria.
if you are the benefit system will support you, if u r not
there are alot of other charities, food banks etc that can help.
but in nigeria, u become a nuisance to ur friends and family.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by hydroking23(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2011
In these trying economic times our English colonial master has had enough of our black faces littering their golden roads. For every 50 Nigerians deported, 5 U.K. or european based companies should also be deported off our Nigerian soil. But our leaders ain't that gangsta, they're afraid of ending up like Gaddafi, angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2011
bebe2:

it is better to be jobless in uk than in nigeria.
but in nigeria, u become a nuisance to your friends and family.
Lie lie lie, Its waaay easier to live in Niaja cuz you can always have your way, if you ain't lazy, I know of a friend in the UK who still collects 5pounds from his mum everyweek. A guy of over 25years. I sometimes wonder what he is still doing there. God forbid. One thing have come to realize about those struggling to remain there is that " A lizard in Nigerian would not turn out to be an Alligator in the USA or the UK" If you cannot make it here, you would probably lack the initiative and the brain to make it else where, I love my country Nigerian but i hate the president angry
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by justwise(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2011
You are better off in Nigeria as a jobless person, you can move to ur village if things doesn't work out in city, if you don't have a job in the UK you are doomed, you can't even afford the flight ticket home.

You must pay ur rent and bills else you be homeless b4 you know what hits you.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by BabaIbada: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2011
Ijogz K:

Lie lie lie, Its waaay easier to live in Niaja cuz you can always have your way, if you ain't lazy, I know of a friend in the UK who still collects 5pounds from his mum everyweek. A guy of over 25years. I sometimes wonder what he is still doing there. God forbid. One thing have come to realize about those struggling to remain there is that " A lizard in Nigerian would not turn out to be an Alligator in the USA or the UK" If you cannot make it here, you would probably lack the initiative and the brain to make it else where, I love my country Nigerian but i hate the president angry

LWKMD, I hate the dull boy too
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2011
justwise:

You are better off in Nigeria as a jobless person, you can move to your village if things doesn't work out in city, if you don't have a job in the UK you are doomed, you can't even afford the flight ticket home.

You must pay your rent and bills else you be homeless b4 you know what hits you.

True Word
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by justwise(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2011
Ijogz K:

You don't compare making it in Nigeria with the UK, these two countries have different rules and regulations that can affect individuals in different ways.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by kayalla(f): 10:08am On Oct 31, 2011
what was the question
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by ImaIma1(f): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2011
its better in naija than in uk especially with no family in the uk.

when people tht r working in d uk r havin tough time to pay bills and enjoy life.

someone i know who relocated to uk for greener pastures after quitting his job in naija has run back home o.

whn u pay babaysitter a fortune, pay mortgage, expensiv rent wit limited salary, how much more someone without a job.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by AfroBlue(m): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2011
Tough call, cold climate vs a tough economic climate ,

In Picture: Homeless Okada Riders Sleep On Their Bikes

•Mobile Beds: Homeless Okada Riders sleep on thier bikes infront of Dodan Barracks, Obalende Lagos, Southwest Nigeria at 3am this morning. Photo: ABEEB OGUNBADEJO.

Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by DAY12(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2011
there is no where like my Green white Green grin
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by hrhobi1(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2011
@Afro_Blue If i tell you how much those okada men dey make daily as u see them so u won't believe.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2011
Yes!!

Nigeria is 100 Billion times easier without a job than Jand or Yank
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by MissEZ(f): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2011
It is way easier to live in Naija without a job than the UK or yankee. Even people wey get job in some of those places, na God de help us o. Depending on what you do for work, the grass isnt always greener outside the country. It all depends on what you studied and if it is a viable field in these countries. The sciences and business areas earn a lot more than liberal arts (except you are into acting and music, and even that is a game of luck).
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by monkeyleg: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2011
No true. If you are legally in the UK, the system will support you, and help you take the next step to getting a job.

1: They will house you
2: They will give you job seekers allowance
3: They will provide training to assist you get work
4: they will even pay your transportation to interviews and arrainge interviews were they feel your skills match
5: Healthcare is free. that means you have access to the best doctors and consultants in the country

Now really can you get this in Nigeria? You wait till you are jobless, no money and the fall ill. Unthinkable
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by kazman7(m): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
Afro_Blue:

•Mobile Beds: Homeless Okada Riders sleep on thier bikes infront of Dodan Barracks, Obalende Lagos, Southwest Nigeria at 3am this morning. Photo: ABEEB OGUNBADEJO.

@ afro blue, you are a liar, those guys are waiting outside a night club to take fun seekers home early in the morning, most of them bring fun seekers to night clubs around 12 am,, some of these guys only work in the night because then can go shorter distances and earn more money while they play around during the day (because competition is higher during the day)

Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by kazman7(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ afro blue, you are a liar, those guys are waiting outside a night club to take fun seekers home early in the morning, most of them bring fun seekers to night clubs around 12 am,, some of these guys only work in the night because then can go shorter distances and earn more money while they play around during the day (because competition is higher during the day)
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by ImaIma1(f): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ monkeyleg, how many nigerians out of the ones living there get that benefit?is it up to 30%? most of the people i know are on their own even tho they enterd d country thru d front door.

in Nigeria, treating basic illness in the govt clinics are almost free with drugs.

u have family to help with food at anytime.

when my bro ws outta work here in naija, he ws even growing fatter sef.

u cn still do well till a job comes
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by r231(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
monkeyleg:

No true. If you are legally in the UK, the system will support you, and help you take the next step to getting a job.

1: They will house you
2: They will give you job seekers allowance
3: They will provide training to assist you get work
4: they will even pay your transportation to interviews and arrainge interviews were they feel your skills match
5: Healthcare is free. that means you have access to the best doctors and consultants in the country

Now really can you get this in Nigeria? You wait till you are jobless, no money and the fall ill. Unthinkable

True
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
i am a first class citizen of world I can live anywhere but not in Afghanistan, angry
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by MissEZ(f): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Monkey leg, I stay in the US and cannot speak for the UK.

But in truth, how many people get that treatment even though they are there legally? And from what i read, the reception towards foreigners is changing. I had a friend who swore she would never go back to naija once she left. She has been there for 5 years, did a masters and all. She ended up working care jobs and even with that when her visa expired, she appealed several times, Nothing. Now she has no choice but to move home or risk being deported. She is busy hounding our friends that she looked down on while things were good for her, to help look for a job. Where was the whole welfare plan when she was going through all her issues? And she is there legally.

Granted this is not the plight of everyone is jand, but the attitude towards foreigners is changing. I dont know enough about jand sha, so make i no talk pass my mouth. But here in the US, if you lose your job and you dont have any family, you are screwed.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by baslone: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
Afro_Blue:

y.

Those dudes you see right there are not homeless. The sleep and rock all day.
They only need to make one or two trips per midnight and they are okay till the
next midnight!

It's naija, you need to understand the system
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by ugosly(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
Me thinks living in Naija without a job is easier and better.
Reason, Nigerians are very sentimental and religious in their giving attitude or why do u think d multimillion naira begging(bambi allah) industry is still thriving today.
And of course as a (temporarily)unemployd person u can always corner ur Mum, Dad,some Uncles,Aunties and other well to do relativs 4 stipends (which in some families they ar under obligation to drop) cos they believe dat when u eventually make am u will reciprocate the gesture to them or their kids(funny but true),in some case,even your old landlord or landlady(with d arrears u r owing them in rent)can still come 2 ur rescue when u are hungry,but in the Uk,u lose ur job u r done for,who u wan even complain to,ur Mama wey dey naija expectin pounds or na ur friends wey d same dilema with u?abi na when d cold and hunga join hands show u pepper,
I culd go on and on,abeg there,s no basis for comparison in this aspect at all!
Naija is home sweet home o jare!
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
It is waay easier back home without a job, you can move back home without taking any responsibility of paying any bills, if your parents are still alive they can help out with daily allowance(God forbid but for the main time), they can even help raise money to start small business or call their friends for job.

BUT in Europe or North America or even anywhere foreign , you are on your own o, if your family member even accommodate you (that is if you have a family member there), they can only do that for a while before you fight and their head start to twist against you cheesy.

Living abroad without a job or necessary papers is equivalent to severe pain, if you dont have it planned well dont buy the ticket o.

Recession is everywhere most esp yanky, no job, and their healthcare is a mess (if you dont have a job) they do this co-pay stuff sad, cant stand it.

It is well.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by iykak47: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
Gbam, you are right.
jidegirl12:

It is waay easier back home without a job, you can move back home without taking any responsibility of paying any bills, if your parents are still alive they can help out with daily allowance(God forbid but for the main time), they can even help raise money to start small business or call their friends for job.

BUT in Europe or North America or even anywhere foreign , you are on your own o, if your family member even accommodate you (that is if you have a family member there), they can only do that for a while before you fight and their head start to twist against you cheesy.

Living abroad without a job or necessary papers is equivalent to severe pain, if you dont have it planned well dont buy the ticket o.

Recession is everywhere most esp yanky, no job, and their healthcare is a mess (if you dont have a job) they do this co-pay stuff sad, cant stand it.

It is well.

Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Russialane(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
me think its easier to live in nigeria without a job than in the UK , first here in the uk if you dont have a job you are[b] DOOMED[/b] yes[b] DOOMED[/b] because if you dont have any family here no one will accommodate you not to talk of paying bills and rents those of you that said the benefit system is there for you to cash in on sorry nothing for you, even the so called citizens find it hard to claim benefits these days with the recent cuts in their benefits payment they just exist they dont live, not to talk of you a foreigner . i bet if their government have a way they are ready to do away with these benefit system that has for long cripppled their economy and put the government purse in serious deficit. a system that rewards failure and laziness instead promote single ladies to get pregnant so that they can be entitled to claim benefits and get council houses which is not different from a matchbox type of house, who can blame the young girls , they all will want to get pregnant to claim government freebies thereby putting their life in bondage because most quickly give up their life dreams of becoming something better in future instead opt to become baby mamas for hoodrats and gangsters with little or no less education , and this so called benefit system discourages marriages in this country because being single as a female you tend to benefit more from the goverment than being married, so marriage is no that attractive to people here. those people that have no jobs and access to tax payers money in form of benefit are[b] screwed[/b] big time here .
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by billyG(m): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
does okada guys are really sleeping on their bikes,pic dont lie.and no okada operate after 8.00pm in lagos ,really they hav no homes to sleep! those northern dudes can sleep anywhere,on anything ,on trees,on benches ,on mat or bare floor or even standing as for them landlords can go can keep their houses.
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by chinweub: 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
:-x
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by ADEBYTE: 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
well,i must really confessed that it is easier to live in Nigeria without a job than in the UK.firstly certain things have to be clarified.Are u living in the UK legally or illegally.if u r in the UK legally,u will definitely be supported by the system in place and what u will get will only afford u to be able to do limited things like paying Ur rent,bills and probably do some other things.but the issue is that what u r getting as support would not be enough for u to carter for your self and do things that adult should do in life because u r limited and u r not likely to think the way u should think.in these recent economic situation,there has been reduction in support that people receive from the system.
it is worst if u r living in the UK illegally because u r not entitled to any support from the system and what u can do is very limited about this except u have family here who can over look Ur plight and accommodate u and carter for Ur need and it will only be for a short period of time.but if u r home in Nigeria,u know the nooks and crannies of Ur area and u could only walk short distance and b4 u know it ,money is in Ur pocket.no matter how bad it is in Nigeria,u will definitely get people either Ur family or friends that will come to Ur aid
Re: It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views by Redman44(m): 1:49am On Nov 01, 2011
It is easier to live in Nigeria without a job than in the UK. Things are tough in Britain at the moment and foreigners are are not looked positively upon these days ( Especially if you're Black or Asian ). If you don't have a job in Nigeria, you will at least have family and siblings to fall back on. In Britain, if you're legal, you can claim Job Seekers Allowance if you're jobless and get some other benefits. However, the money you'll be given is not enough to make you live comfortably. Many British lads and ladies spend their Job Seekers Allowance ( Paid out every 2 weeks ) on food and beer/clubbing. If you're illegal in the UK, you're at the mercy of people for you to survive. You won't be able to get a good job ( unless you use false documentation ) and even if you use forged documents to work, you would be found out sooner or later and deported. After all said and done, I believe God has plans for everyone. It is the God Factor that matters in life. People say a lot of negative things about Nigerians in the UK but I know it is possible to become a Millionaire or whatever you wish to become anywhere in the World. It will take a lot of hardwork and prayers, but things will come out well for those who believe in God. Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Temporary Residents Permits / Cancellation Of Visa At Uk Ports? / Canadian Embassy- Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.