Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,136,254 members, 7,754,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 March 2024 at 04:23 AM

Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh (5346 Views)

The Crowd That Came Out To Welcome Guinea After AFCON Outing / NFF Boss Drops Major Hint On Peseiro And Waldrum's Future / Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by robosky02(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2023
Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 –Sports Minister, Enoh

Ads by FatChilli
The fate of Jose Peseiro as Super Eagles head coach will be decided after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations that will be held in Cote D’Ivoire from January 13 to February 11 2024, Nigeria’s Minister of Sports Development Senator John Enoh has divulged, Completesports.com reports.

Flashscore: Follow the fastest live scores & results on Flashscore!

Addressing the media on Tuesday, November 28 in his office as part of activities to mark his 100 days in office, Senator Enoh said any action regarding Peseiro’s job with Super Eagles can only come up after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

“I am happy to inform you that just about yesterday or two days ago, I had a meeting with the President, General Secretary and the Technical Department of the NFF regarding the Super Eagles’ underperformance in recent games,” Enoh said.

UBA Super Savers
Also Read: Iheanacho Is Super Eagles’ Unsung Hero With 3 Goals, 2 Assists In Last Five Matches

Ads by FatChilli
“What we came out of – that is that you know I’ve had to request that the coach be summoned, and I think at some point next week there’s going to be an engagement with the coach along with NFF chieftains

“All of that is trying to respond to the outcome of these matches, especially the World Cup qualifying games.”

Reacting to calls from some football stakeholders that Peseiro should be sacked over poor results, Enoh said that despite the passion of Nigerians for football, the decision to sack a coach is not taken due to emotions.

He said, “As a Minister, I am deeply concerned with the fortunes of the national team in recent times, but AFCON is around the corner and the contract of Peseiro is tied to the fortunes of the Super Eagles at the football fiesta.

Also Read – 2024 WAFCONQ: Super Falcons Can’t Take Cape Verde For Granted — Payne

“As a Minister, I am concerned that the Nigerian national team is not delivering, not meeting up with our expectations. AFCON is so close that we need to be careful in what decisions we make. But the next qualification rounds for the World Cup – the next match is in June – so it gives us something you know, to take decisions going forward.

“AFCON is going to start about January 14. Are we, for example, going to request to fire the Nigerian Coach? I mean, the answer is as good as mine.

“I have found out that in this sector; there are passions and emotions. Where you are seated and where I am providing leadership, you don’t respond. You know you are not driven by passions and emotions. No, you take your time,” Eno stated.

https://www.completesports.com/decision-on-peseiro-will-be-made-after-afcon-2023-sports-minister-enoh/

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Winner444: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2023
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by GanagiBitrus: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2023
For those putting hopes on Super Eagles for this AFCON... smiley

8 Likes

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:07am On Nov 30, 2023
After coming out from group stage, nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Urheadmaster(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2023
tongue

Thought some clubs or a country is demanding for Peseiro services?

Why not let him go earlier the better tongue

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by slaawomirr: 10:08am On Nov 30, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Any game way super eagles dey play now

Na sure odd say those opponents go score super eagles

Opponents to score super eagles over 0.5

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:09am On Nov 30, 2023
robosky02:

Ads by FatChilli
The fate of Jose Peseiro as Super Eagles head coach will be decided after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations that will be held in Cote D’Ivoire from January 13 to February 11 2024, Nigeria’s Minister of Sports Development Senator John Enoh has divulged, Completesports.com reports.

Addressing the media on Tuesday, November 28 in his office as part of activities to mark his 100 days in office, Senator Enoh said any action regarding Peseiro’s job with Super Eagles can only come up after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

“I am happy to inform you that just about yesterday or two days ago, I had a meeting with the President, General Secretary and the Technical Department of the NFF regarding the Super Eagles’ underperformance in recent games,” Enoh said.

UBA Super Savers
Also Read: Iheanacho Is Super Eagles’ Unsung Hero With 3 Goals, 2 Assists In Last Five Matches

Ads by FatChilli
“What we came out of – that is that you know I’ve had to request that the coach be summoned, and I think at some point next week there’s going to be an engagement with the coach along with NFF chieftains

“All of that is trying to respond to the outcome of these matches, especially the World Cup qualifying games.”

Reacting to calls from some football stakeholders that Peseiro should be sacked over poor results, Enoh said that despite the passion of Nigerians for football, the decision to sack a coach is not taken due to emotions.

He said, “As a Minister, I am deeply concerned with the fortunes of the national team in recent times, but AFCON is around the corner and the contract of Peseiro is tied to the fortunes of the Super Eagles at the football fiesta.

Also Read – 2024 WAFCONQ: Super Falcons Can’t Take Cape Verde For Granted — Payne

“As a Minister, I am concerned that the Nigerian national team is not delivering, not meeting up with our expectations. AFCON is so close that we need to be careful in what decisions we make. But the next qualification rounds for the World Cup – the next match is in June – so it gives us something you know, to take decisions going forward.

“AFCON is going to start about January 14. Are we, for example, going to request to fire the Nigerian Coach? I mean, the answer is as good as mine.

“I have found out that in this sector; there are passions and emotions. Where you are seated and where I am providing leadership, you don’t respond. You know you are not driven by passions and emotions. No, you take your time,” Eno stated.

https://www.completesports.com/decision-on-peseiro-will-be-made-after-afcon-2023-sports-minister-enoh/
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Eriggs: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2023
Na u a sabi
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by UHLmoving: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2023
Why
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by ObaKlaz: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Tor! Make PISSzero kuku finish the nonsense wey him start. Brain dey pain Enoh, w'allahi!

2 Likes

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Sonnobax15(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
Warri wolves coach get better C.v pass this super eagles coach by far...
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by worldclass68(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Toor...nah group stage things be that
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by StraightGaay: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2023
What he is trying to say is, that after Cape Verde plays Gabon and Libia draws Nigeria, and it becomes mathematically impossible that we won't qualify for the knockout round, the NFF can now react.
There is nothing for us in this Afcon, maybe the next.
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by mannobi(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Is there no way they can legalise bazooka in this country because some headaches are not worth having. In a jiffy, we could just take out all the NFF rather than the regular heartache they dish out to all of us.

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by tizzle(m): 10:13am On Nov 30, 2023
Means we're not winning this AFCON at all... We probably won't qualify from group stage😭😂

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Cmanforall: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2023
robosky02:

Ads by FatChilli

UBA Super Savers

Ads by FatChilli

Why are you waiting for a total collapse before reinforcing a collapsing structure?
The coach doesn't have good records that will encourage Nigerians to hope on that magic.
If he doesn't get results, he should be dismissed.
If you can't sack him, due to payoffs, then suspend him or put him on a sideline, while you use another competent coach to complete the AFCON run

2 Likes

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Whalis: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Do you mean Pi Zero? This is what Google replied me when I asked when Super Eagles would be sacked.
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Oboto700(m): 10:16am On Nov 30, 2023
Nigeria won't make out of the group stage at Afcon with this man.
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2023
He would win us the AFCON indeed

2 Likes

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Dhamio(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2023
We are tired of him
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by StraightGaay: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Cmanforall:

Runnish
Indeed, Super Eagles are so useless that one has to invent words to be able to describe them. "RUNNISH".
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by KingDash09(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Low tier teams
This has nothing to do with the coach na the team

Football na them jay jay, Kanu.. this one’s here are shit

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by StraightGaay: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
He would win us the AFCON indeed
Indeed
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Cmanforall: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2023
StraightGaay:
Indeed, Super Eagles are so useless that one has to invent words to be able to describe them. "RUNNISH".

cheesy
It's keyboard. You know that 'b' and 'n' are closer to each other

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by specialmati(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin super eagle still they play I thought super falcon promised to replace them
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by BigDawsNet: 10:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Buy your calculator now oh... I no one here he Don cost for merket

1 Like

Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Justhere: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2023
I hope FG stop funding this failed board call NFF
Re: Decision On Peseiro Will Be Made After AFCON 2023 – Sports Minister, Enoh by Padipadi(m): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2023
Football is dead in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Pillars 1-0 Enyimba FC FT / Download Video: Jack Wilshere Vs Norwich. The Goal Everyone Is Talking About! / Why Do Soccer Fans Ignore Nigerian Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.