Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,135,448 members, 7,751,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2024 at 06:16 PM

Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports (189 Views)

Peter Obi: "Ghana-Must-Go" Bag Spotted At LP's Convention (Photo) / Akpabio Sacks Anietie Ekong Over 'Ghana Must Go' Bag (Photos) / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports by FreeStuffsNG: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2023
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), has prohibited the use of travel sacks, ‘Ghana Must Go’ by passengers at all the nation’s airports.

According to a circular by FAAN, titled, ‘Re: Prohibition of Usage Of Ghana Must Go’, signed by Manager, Airport Services, Henok Gizachew, dated November 24, the ban is particularly for passengers travelling through the country’s international airports.

Gizachew, stated that the sack was banned by the authority because it has cost the airlines huge loss and also damaged the airports conveyor belt system.

He noted that passengers who wish to use Ghana Must Go to travel must have the same well package in carton or hardcover of rectangular size.

LEADERSHIP reports that the use of the sack-like bag has been attributed to the breakdown of many of the country’s airports’ conveyor belt systems and one that has put enormous costs on the shoulders of the airport authority.

The popular Ghana Must Go sack which comes in different sizes is very popular among many Nigerian travellers because of its light weight and capacity to carry more loads.

https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-bans-ghana-must-go-sacks-at-airports/
Mynd44 nlfpmod

1 Share

Re: Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports by FreeStuffsNG: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2023
He noted that passengers who wish to use Ghana Must Go to travel must have the same well package in carton or hardcover of rectangular size.

This is not banned so the bags can still be used but strictly inside a fixed definite rectangular shape exterior pack.

The question now is why would I pack in 'Ghana Must Go' bags and still buy another fox container to pack same content? So it's better for a passenger to just ditch it.

FAAN should have issued this advice long ago. When you get to our airports, you will see Ghana Must Go bags everywhere, in fact, I sometimes imagine how they pack and wrap those big sized ones.

Please let's cooperate with FAAN and let others know too because you may end up returning those items back home when your bags are rejected at the Nigerian airports.

May God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports by tinsel: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2023
[i][/i]These Ghana must go bags are helpful because they help in weight reductions especially when you are carrying foodstuffs. They would have made it compulsory to wrap them with nylon if you must use the bags
Re: Federal Govt Bans ‘ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports by Mynd44: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2023

(1)

Are Nigerians Cursed Or Just Naturally Unintelligent? / Lagos Govt Collaborates With Property Owners Opt For Alternative Suggestions. / Why Is FG, APC Still Lying About Not Paying Subsidy Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.