Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (31100 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by MSeast: 1:13am On Oct 31, 2011
why is there such an inferiority complex within africa? i love my people but i feel that they have been brainwashed by Hollywood telling them that black is not beautiful, and that if they want to be excepted they have to look more white, i am a Somali girl, born light skinned so have found that back in school in the uk, black girls thought i was asian, and asian people saw me as black, then i thought to myself 'why is it that black other africans are the only ones who discard us and dont see us as their equal but as a Somali we have many different types of people in my country. just like in Europe you got Italians who look more darker than other Europeans on the most part, they are more exotic, thus is africa, but i have to say that this disease of feeling that broad noses or curly hair is ugly, must be eradicated, when i watch some nollywood movies they tend to favour the light skinned lady to play the hottie in the movie, and also we have this disease in africa, i think i have such a strong belief about this because i used to live in an all white neighbourhood when i was very little and was discriminated by some ignorant pple but to have that in my own african people hurt more. Why all this emphasis on colour? cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 1:21am On Oct 31, 2011
U said that but then u come with a title that nigerian women are more beautiful than east africans. You are east african!

There is hatred because many west/central africans do not like their features, so they hate on east africans who some of them have straighter hair, lighter skin, or more aquiline noses.

If you go on youtube and watch african videos and complain there are not enough dark skinned people, esp. the congolese, they will complain that ppl in Congo come in all colors and that there are light skinned people in Congo not just all dark skinned people.

But yet, they are proud to only put light skinned people in their videos, and to bleach their skins. I know that even in Ethiopia and Somalia the light skinned people are considered better than the dark skinned people, the only difference is that Ethiopians and Somalians think they are the most beautiful people in the world. It is the pride they have that irritates the other Africans because they dont have pride.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by MSeast: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
yeah i wrote that title to bring a point across, but i hear what you are saying and yes even in east africa they are the same, i feel its because we have been brainwashed to think this way, if you look back in history you will see there were black pharaohs and the arab knew part of africa as the land of the 'gods' because they held dark people in high esteem, since the invasion of the white race into africa everything has changed, smiley

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:07am On Nov 01, 2011
Oh ok, I see, yea I always tell people one of the reasons Europeans became seafaring people was because they had seen the riches in Africa and sought these riches for themselves. The state of California is named after a legendary black queen. It's amazing the things we dont know. Even many Arabs were originally dark, go to the south of Saudi Arabia and you will see many blacks. In Yemen you will see people with Ethiopian features, and one must remember that Aksum ruled over Yemen in antiquity.

Of course, they try to make themselves seem so much better than us. All they did was learn war and how to steal what we created.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
this is only an internet phenomenon and not a real issue in nigeria, and only a problem for nigerians in the US because of african-american men weird obsession for east-african women. and i observed the main reason african-americans are obsessesed with dem cos they have the so-called “good hair”. but the real nigerians on the streets dont give tufvcks about east-african women, neither do they think they are more beautiful whether they are from somalia, ethiopia, eritrea, kenya or whereever. we have too many beautiful women roaming our streets than to care about dem east-africans. and to god who made me, the first thing that comes to the mind of a nigerian when u mention somalia or ethiopia is not beauty but poverty.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 12:21am On Nov 02, 2011
this is only an internet phenomenon and not a real issue in nigeria, and only a problem for nigerians in the US because of african-american men weird obsession for east-african women. and i observed the main reason african-americans are obsessesed with dem cos they have the so-called “good hair”. but the real nigerians on the streets dont give tufvcks about east-african women, neither do they think they are more beautiful whether they are from somalia, ethiopia, eritrea, kenya or whereever. we have too many beautiful women roaming our streets than to care about dem east-africans. and to god who made me, the first thing that comes to the mind of a nigerian when u mention somalia or ethiopia is not beauty but poverty.

Disagreed. African American men will talk to an East African women with nappy hair. What is most attractive, is that they are not entirely faked up like the Nigerian girls. Fake hair, nails, eyelashes(horrid!), bleach, contacts, and that make up that makes u look lighter(see: dead).

The problem is, Nigerians think if your hair is nappy, then it needs to be "done". They are not proud of their beauty, and they do not flaunt it. An Ethiopian woman is proud of her people and she is proud of her people. A Nigerian woman is shy about her culture, and believes the white man brought her people civilization.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 1:02am On Nov 02, 2011
lol, this blacklibya boy is funny. so is dat the reason u ignore your AA women and obsesse over dem, because u see your women as "entirely faked up"? because if im not mistaken your women are the most faked up women on the planet. but diff is, no matter how "faked up" nigerian women are, we still appreciate them and dont give tufvcks about them ethiopians or somalis unlike u dumbazzes who lust after dem and hate your kind.

and dat your dumb comment about 9ja women having their hair done is not even a point coz all women do that. or are u telling me all those beauty salons that litter the US are just there for decorations? and are u telling me there are no beauty salons in ethiopia where the women have their hair "done"?

and oh, i never said east-africans are not proud of their heritage, i just said nigerians in nigeria don’t give a shyt about them and don’t see them as the epitome of beauty. and im yet to meet a nigerian girl both at home or abroad who was not proud of heritage. in fact, the farther away nigerians are from home, the prouder they are of their heritage and always the first to chant 9ja for life!
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:05am On Nov 02, 2011
lol, this blacklibya boy is funny. so is dat the reason u ignore your AA women and obsesse over dem, because u see your women as "entirely faked up"? because if im not mistaken your women are the most faked up women on the planet. but diff is, no matter how "faked up" nigerian women are, we still appreciate them and dont give tufvcks about them ethiopians or somalis unlike u dumbazzes who lust after dem and hate your kind.

and dat your dumb comment about 9ja women having their hair done is not even a point coz all women do that. or are u telling me all those beauty salons that litter the US are just there for decorations? and are u telling me there are no beauty salons in ethiopia where the women have their hair "done"?

and oh, i never said east-africans are not proud of their heritage, i just said nigerians in nigeria don’t give a shyt about them and don’t see them as the epitome of beauty. and im yet to meet a nigerian girl both at home or abroad who was not proud of heritage. in fact, the farther away nigerians are from home, the prouder they are of their heritage and always the first to chant 9ja for life!

Oh please, your response alone is confirmation of your inferiority complex. I do not ignore AA women, and I do not obsess over East Africans. Any woman in her natural state has my attention, and im sorry but the last time I walked into an African American owned grocery store, I didnt see bleaching cream all over the counters. The problem is that you appreciate fake women, that's why they do it. They know 9ja men chase after the white woman so they try to be like her in every way.

There is nothing wrong with a hair salon or getting your hair done, what I said is that 9ja women do not like their NATURAL hair. They believe it is a sign of poverty or neglect if your hair is not straightened or weaved up(with euro-textured weave).

I have met several Nigerian women who will not even tell you what their native language is, let alone speak it. Do not speak to me of being proud of your heritage when most of you think traditional africans are living a backwards life. Do not speak to me of being proud, when you judge your progress on how much American history you know, but cant tell me shit about what happens in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:24am On Nov 02, 2011
nah, u dont know what inferiority complex mean. inferiority complex is having a name like "blacklibya" when nothing traces u there. and so u have been to nigerian stores and all u see are bleaching creams abi? child please!

and how do u expect nigerians to be constantly speaking their native language in a land they are foreign to? how is that going to help them in any way, and how does dat make dem less proud of who they are? the native indians in the US dont even speak their language not to talk off recent immigrants. but one thing for sure, nigerians don’t shy away from speakin their language amongst themselves or when they are with those who can speak and understand the language

and also, how do you even begin to define "natural" hair? is it those who perm their hair? so how does perming your hair different from braiding or even combing your hair? coz at the end of the day, you have already altered the natural state of the hair. or i guess to u, braiding hair is "natural" while perming is "unnatural". abi u talking about those who wear extensions? coz last i checked women from all races wear extensions, so wots your point?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lagcity(m): 2:28am On Nov 02, 2011
BlackLibya:

Oh please, your response alone is confirmation of your inferiority complex. I do not ignore AA women, and I do not obsess over East Africans. Any woman in her natural state has my attention, and im sorry but the last time I walked into an African American owned grocery store, I didnt see bleaching cream all over the counters. The problem is that you appreciate fake women, that's why they do it. They know 9ja men chase after the white woman so they try to be like her in every way.

There is nothing wrong with a hair salon or getting your hair done, what I said is that 9ja women do not like their NATURAL hair. They believe it is a sign of poverty or neglect if your hair is not straightened or weaved up(with euro-textured weave).

I have met several Nigerian women who will not even tell you what their native language is, let alone speak it. Do not speak to me of being proud of your heritage when most of you think traditional africans are living a backwards life. Do not speak to me of being proud, when you judge your progress on how much American history you know, but cant tell me poo about what happens in Africa.

you have a lot of generalizations in your post. but i don't have time for that. just because Nigerian women use chemicals to soften their hair doesn't mean they don't like their natural hair, they just wanna make it softer so that it is easier to take care of. does wearing shoes mean you hate your "natural" feet?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:39am On Nov 02, 2011
and also, how do you even begin to define "natural" hair? is it those who perm their hair? so how does perming your hair different from braiding or even combing your hair? coz at the end of the day, you have already altered the natural state of the hair. or i guess to u, braiding hair is "natural" while perming is "unnatural", or u talking about those who wear extensions? coz last i checked all women from all races wear extensions, so wots your point?

It's ok, from the comments posted here I can tell that Nigeria is not ready for women wearing their natural hair. If you refuse to recognize the underlying reasons for why its done, then so be it. I will continue to praise east african and southern african women for their pride and consciousness of the black experience.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lagcity(m): 2:44am On Nov 02, 2011
BlackLibya:

It's ok, from the comments posted here I can tell that Nigeria is not ready for women wearing their natural hair. If you refuse to recognize the underlying reasons for why its done, then so be it. I will continue to praise east african and southern african women for their pride and consciousness of the black experience.

do whatever u want, just don't tell Nigerian women what to do with their hair. go and tell that to east african women.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:48am On Nov 02, 2011
BlackLibya:

that is becos u cant answer the question. and there is no underlying reason apart from the one you are cooking up in ur head due to ur complex. nigerian women through the ages have never left their hair in its "natural" state, and im yet to meet any woman or man who does. well, apart from those who wear dreads. and even that still involves some bit of altering. but good luck with ur east-african and south africa women who do not alter the natural state of their hair. we dont care!
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 3:34am On Nov 02, 2011
that is becos u cant answer the question. and there is no underlying reason apart from the one you are cooking up in your head due to your complex. nigerian women through the ages have never left their hair in its "natural" state, and im yet to meet any woman or man who does. well, apart from those who wear dreads. and even that still involves some bit of altering. but good luck with your east-african and south africa women who do not alter the natural state of their hair. we dont care!

ur ignorance is ridiculous. Its no worst than the people here who think african states are truly independent. Braiding your hair is not the same as applying a permanent chemical process to your hair.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 3:37am On Nov 02, 2011
can't u see u are a dumbass? so when braiding hair, u don't apply any cream to it?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 3:42am On Nov 02, 2011
can't u see u are a dumbass? so when braiding hair, u don't apply any cream to it?

Applying a moisturizer and breaking chemical bonds in ur hair are two different things. To answer your question, you do not have to apply any cream.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 3:48am On Nov 02, 2011
but at the end of the day, u have already altered the natural state of the hair. so ur "natural" hair argument is pointless.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 3:59am On Nov 02, 2011
but at the end of the day, u have already altered the natural state of the hair. so your "natural" hair argument is pointless.

Dude, when u can prove to me that chemically straightening your hair is a traditional african style then I will agree with you. If you can show me that nigerian women were straightening their hair 110 years ago(before the europeans colonized them) then i will say my argument is null and void.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 4:01am On Nov 02, 2011
you do not have to apply any cream.

actually there is a list of things u dont have to do.

u dont have to use toothpaste to brush your teeth
u dont have to use soap and sponge when taking a bath
u dont have to wipe your azz with tissue after taking a shyt

so why does what a woman do with her hair so particular to you, is it because like i said earlier, u are obsessed with hair?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 4:21am On Nov 02, 2011
BlackLibya:

Dude, when u can prove to me that chemically straightening your hair is a traditional african style then I will agree with you. If you can show me that nigerian women were straightening their hair 110 years ago(before the europeans colonized them) then i will say my argument is null and void.

i dont have to show any pictures, cos

1) those creams were not available 110 years ago
2) styles whether it is “traditional” or “foreign” evolve and  are never stagnant

so whats your point?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by sheyguy: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2011
Beauty is a very complex issue. while the east Africans come in dark flavour mostly they tend to be slimmer and fitter and that's something u cant take away from a true beauty.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by emofine(f): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2011
Wow the generalization concentrated in this thread is baffling. BlackLibya you mean to tell me that as a non-Nigerian you are under any authority to speak for all Nigerian women when you declare we do not appreciate our hair and furthermore heritage? That is a gross statement and you say that with so much confidence.
There are many Nigerian women who wear weave as well as many Nigerian women that carry their own natural hair.

I just find it ridiculous when non-Nigerians erroneously try to speak for us.
Nigerians do not speak their language because we're ashamed? How far will you dig a hole for yourself just to perpetuate a lie? If Nigerian's are not speaking their language who will speak it and carry it on for us? Please stop with your generalization because you are making yourself look very foolish!

Nigerians are not proud of their heritage is that why we still wear our traditional attire in foreign countries? is that why we still eat Iyan/eba with our hands? . . .
If 20 or 200 or even 2000 people you have met is what you are now using to sample a vast nation then I urge you to think again because pride is not a rare concept for Nigerians and there will be much more Nigerians who will eclipse the sample you see fit to judge us by (smh).

If Southern/East African women are now the patron of "Black pride, consciousness and experience" then I suggest you carry legs waka to their forums and associate yourself with the "black experience" there instead of giving us proud-lacking Nigerian women a poor lecture on things you do not even know for certain and in no position to do so.

@ OP I'm not ashamed of my phenotype, heritage etc and I don't bow down for any Ethiopian/Somali neither do I look down on them, for the most part I am indifferent to them. I take them as I see them and I consider them as they periceve themselves - if some tell me they're not black but Arabs then I will consider them as such because I will not struggle with anyone concerning their identity . . .neither will I impose any such identity on another person because it's not my business nor headache. In real life outside the internet Somalis/Ethiopians are not likely subjects that feature in Nigerians conversations neither do we decide who is a real or counterfeit African.
Oh and as regards to Nollywood, well I suggest you try and learn the difference between Ghollywood and Nollywood. . .
Nollywood employs only light skin actresses? How I laugh.
The most celebrated actress is a dark skin woman - Genevieve Nnaji - and even if she was light skin what will be the issue here?
Light skin is not rare in Nigeria. . .so if a woman is appreciated and at the same time happens to be light skin it doesn't automatically mean that we are not proud of ourselves . . . good grief!. . .dark skin should not be held up as a token just because we are black, it should not be disallowed to appreciate any of the various "black" skin tones as we contain all the palettes in our country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 1:00am On Nov 04, 2011
^^^^

Actually it was Oluchi Onweagba who made the statement about Nigerians casting down on her for wearing her natural hair, she was insulted so much she never did it again. So I guess now that you know its a Nigerian that said it?

Also, most of the contemporary Nigerian artists have straight hair from what I SEE. If I look at videos from maybe even just 30 years ago, the opposite is true.

Nigerians on this very forum will complain of lack of fluency in several languages. My point, if Nigerian languages are not taught in schools how do you expect them to thrive? A report came out a while back that most African languages departments at African universities were being CLOSED. People may be carrying it on now, but your languages will disappear or fracture if English continues to be the preferred mode of communication. Do you think Indian languages died out so quickly in South America? It's been a 500 year process.

Im sorry, but I cannot consider Nigerians to be proud black people when they as a country welcome the lynch mobs of Libya with open arms. They are literally happy that the lynch mobs run Libya now, and they turncoat quickly on the poor Nigerians left behind by the inept govt of your country. I beg, the Nigerians in Calabash willingly signed themselves over to the British!

Does the Nigerian first lady wear her hair so proudly? Why does Goodluck Jonathan dress like he from Texas?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 1:01am On Nov 04, 2011
Beauty is a very complex issue. while the east Africans come in dark flavour mostly they tend to be slimmer and fitter and that's something u cant take away from a true beauty.

So too the Cameroonians and Guineans my friend.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 1:45am On Nov 04, 2011
grin dis blacklibya na real okpe! u posted an old picture probably taken nothing less than 30 or so odd years ago, and u are trying to compare it with a contemporary one?

anyway that is not the current "first lady" of ethiopia and here is the current one.

^^^
now if u compare this to the old picture u posted? as u can see, her hair is clearly "straightened" when compared to the old one where the lady was spotting an afro. so what do u have to say for urself now?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:05am On Nov 04, 2011
and oh, that "black" identity is actually reserved for you negroes in the diaspora who got there through forced labour. and the ethiopians who u claim are proud to be "black" will actually be the first to tell you they are not black coz africans really dont identify as "black", coz unlike you, we have our ethnic identity and that is what we rep and are proud of!

anyway, since u wanted to see our first lady, here she is repping her culture to the fullest!

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/4vc3IbyzKTJb1x4USZtI4XAlL6eUCyNF871HOokuKt-S-WrRMZg5jR08k26sniehUSkc*wXSgylsNqsdaP6mD-k95wGr29Ij/CORONATIONOFDAMEPATIENCEJONATHAN1.jpg?width=637&height=600[/img]

and here is an old picture of the bini monarchy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/446263_Oba_Akenzua_jpgebfa8ccf3d37696f271daf01e0cc9d14

now, fall on your knees, bow down and show respect at the throne.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Jenifa1: 2:24am On Nov 04, 2011
BlackLibya you make no sense whatsoever.

If you ask the average black guy to pick a girl, he will pick one with a hairstyle in this order:
"good natural hair" --> good weave ---> relaxed hair --> medium natural hair (not too nappy, not too straight) --> bad weave grin--> nappy hair

most women who wear fake hair are cognizant of this order. They know it either through personal experience or through observation. They see what kind of women the men are chasing after.  and they try to emulate these women with weaves and make-up.
same with bleaching. Most guys can't even tell if a girl is bleaching (unless she's using a cheap application or has been doing it for many years). all they see is beautiful "light skin"  grin

so to me, all these guys like blackLibra, are hypocrites.
I don't know him in real life but if he is like 99% of black guys out there then he is lying through his teeth in his posts! I can only laugh
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:52am On Nov 04, 2011
First lady of Ethiopia

[img]http://hoffstrizz.typepad.com/.a/6a0128773aba66970c013480b6df3d970c-pi[/img]

How old is this picture? This woman is absolutely stunning
www.nairaland.com/attachments/446263_Oba_Akenzua_jpgebfa8ccf3d37696f271daf01e0cc9d14

As far as the first lady of nigeria, I typed in her name and this came up!

[img]http://destinationnigeria.files./2010/10/rice.jpg[/img]

Ethiopian Women

So elegant.

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:56am On Nov 04, 2011
I don't know him in real life but if he is like 99% of black guys out there then he is lying through his teeth in his posts! I can only laugh

Lol are u a bleacher? Apparently u have not been to DC, Philadelphia, or even New York lately because if you had you would see that by now at least half the women are wearing their natural nappy hair, and that men are approaching them like crazy. Some of them dont even have hair.

Anyway, maybe for the low self esteem black male what u said is true, but alot of young guys like their girls with kinky hair, just not african guys. I have never seen a dude turn down a beautiful woman cuz her hair was nappy. To us, it shows confidence.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 3:07am On Nov 04, 2011
Lol, when i see sabi i cant help but think it means "to know".

Anyway, thats a good picture u chose, funny.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 04, 2011
Patience is such a humpa loompa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Osun State Anthem / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.