Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,621 members, 7,770,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

Usa Visit Visa Enquiry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry (6683 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa / Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
hello all
  I would like to hear some opinion from you guys concerning a us visa application from the UK
  a friend of mine wants to get a us visa he is currently on a psw that expires July next year, he has family  and friends in the us however the former are not willing to provide invitation letter and i don't think getting one from his friend is a good idea either as the ties are not very strong in my opinion, which leaves him with booking a hotel, however this expensive for him
  I have already advised him not to leave his application to the last 6 months of his psw as he would not stand a good chance, also he had some issues with UKBA before getting his psw which required him to return to Nigeria last year to re-apply he did get it however he was issued with removal papers because he informed the home office of his return and his passport was withheld until he traveled. he has been to the us in 2006 but his problem his also should he reveal the information about the removal  notice I mean he went to Nigeria he did everything by the rules which is why he got his psw in Nigeria anyways
   but the Americans are very unforgiving people, a criminal record automatically excludes you, this is not a criminal record but will his disclosure of this information affect his chances, I am sure theres a question on the application form that would ask something along those lines

so what is required
1 should he use a hotel or use an invitation letter from an old secondary school friend?

2 should he disclose this information or just answer no if asked if he has had any immigration issue and hope it is not noticed he is a frequent traveler but only once to america and he has strong family ties to the UK  as all his family are residents
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
responses required oh justwise and co where are you
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2011
joxiri:

responses required oh justwise and co where are you

Does he have a job in the UK, House on mortgage, married with kids, maybe a car and how long has he being in the uk?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
no he is on a post study work visa
he has a job but its only temporary
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
joxiri:

no he is on a post study work visa
he has a job but its only temporary

He doesn't have a strong tie to the UK, he will be asked to go Nigeria and apply.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
he has applied from the uk before whilst he was on his student visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 1:24am On Nov 02, 2011
joxiri:

he has applied from the uk before whilst he was on his student visa

As a student u stand a better chance cos they know u are coming back cos of ur studies, that said, there is absolutely nothing wrong in giving it a try, if he can't get an IV then hotel remains the only option.

He has good immigration history and that can only be an advantage.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2011
Using a hotel and getting invitation letter from a friend, which would you consider a better option
I was also thinking he gets an invitation letter but also books a hotel and say he may spend a couple of nights with his friend but he will be staying primarily at the hotel
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2011
joxiri:

Using a hotel and getting invitation letter from a friend, which would you consider a better option
I was also thinking he gets an invitation letter but also books a hotel and say he may spend a couple of nights with his friend but he will be staying primarily at the hotel

You know the problem with IVs, just sending IV is not good enough, other personal documents has to follow, if his friend is ready to send other personal documents to him then good.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
What sort of personal documents and also what abt disclosing removal issue
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2011
joxiri:

What sort of personal documents and also what abt disclosing removal issue

Data page of passport, payslips/bank statement/, tenancy agreement. Yes go on and disclose the removal issue, its always good to be honest when completing visa forms. He being in the UK now shows that the removal issue has been settled with the UK immigration.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
do they require such documents for visiting to the us as well i never knew
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2011
joxiri:

do they require such documents for visiting to the us as well i never knew
thanks

They do ask alot, IV alone is not enough, whoever that is inviting you has to proof that he can afford to accommodate u and his status in US. You can as well call the person to find out more OR book hotel to save urself the headache.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by kunaba123: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2011
@justwise, i will like to apply for a usa visa, but need your opinion on this. i got a usa visa last year in the uk, i was then a student and it was for a conference so it was just for 6month, i didn even spend up to 10 days and i came back to the uk. now i'm on a post sudy work visa, i went back to nigeria for holidays 2months ago and decided to apply for a usa tourist visa at d usa embassy in nigeria, but the officer was a very stubborn one, he had issues with the fact that i came home to apply and why my father was the sponsor, although i have a job in uk and can really afford to sponsor the trip but thought since i was applying from home and my father had enough asset that i should use him as my sponsor inshort i felt that should be my strong ties, but it all messed me up, cos dis officer said why should my father sponsor me?how much do i earn from my job in uk i told him? to cut the long story short my mistake was, i should never have gone to nigeria to apply, at d end of d day he refused the visa and told me to go back to uk to apply tha my strong ties is in uk.he didnt look at a single document, even hough i took all my document from uk, dis is just like 2months ago, the point now is why is my home country not my strong ties, why should it be uk, well now am married and will like to apply after some months here(uk), i have a job although not a professional job but make alot of monney from it, so what do you think er the document to take when next i apply, i really want to ge it right this time, and is uk the best place to apply again since the officer said i should apply here, my post study work visa is still valid for about 18monhs, and my husband lives in nigeria, pls i need your opinions
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
This is quite strange, are you a nigerian citizen, well I suppose you are, so how can the officer say you have more ties to the uk when you apply from your country of birth, well I will advise you to get a letter from your employer the kind of jobs you do is irrelevant, apply with your own bank statements, do not use a sponsor, if you are married it doesn't make sense you still having a sponsor
Also take your tenancy agreement in your flat and possibly any other utility bills
This your case really highlights the stupidity and ignorance of those interviewers I cnt really get my head round u being asked to come to uk to apply as opposed to nigeria your birth country
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by kunaba123: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2012
@joxtrix thanks and happy new year, so did your friend get to apply for his visa and if he did wat was its outcome,,,,,
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by joxiri: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2012
Yup he did he did not book any hotel,
He was asked only 3 ?s what his job was, and his role, where he was going to in america and was granted his visa not a single document he took was looked at
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by 22much(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
HELLO GUYS,

I WILL LIKE YUH GUYS TO PUT ME THRU ON THE US VISITATION,& DOCUMENTATIONS. AM PLANNING A VISIT TO THE STATE MAYBE BY DECEMBER OR JANUARY 2013, I'M A FRESH GRADUATE AND I HAD NO EXPERIENCE ABOUT TRAVELING TO THE STATE. SO GUYS WHERE AND WHERE SHOULD I GO FROM HERE I MEAN WHAT ARE MY STARTING STEPS? I GOT NO EMPLOYEE YET BUT I RUN A CASUAL BIZNESS MYSELF SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT THE BANK STATEMENT STUFF. AND WHAT CAN I CLAIM I DO FOR LEAVING HERE SO THESE ARE THE THINGS I REALLY NEED YUH TO PUT ME THRU ON PLS..

MUCH RESPECT..
Re: Usa Visit Visa Enquiry by justwise(m): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2012

(1)

South Korea Visa rules eased / Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS / Uk Visa:new Points Based System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.