Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,460 members, 7,801,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej (6108 Views)

PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike / We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of APC - INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by mukina2: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2011
Tribunal rules for GEJ

The presidential election tribunal sitting in Abuja, this morning, upheld the election of President Goodluck Jonathan at the April elections. The tribunal unanimously ruled that the suit challenging the president's election by the ipposition Congress for Political Change (CPC) lacked merit and therefore dismissed it.

They ruled in favour of counsel to the president, upholding that CPC lacked proper evidence to validate their claims that the elections were rigged. The Independent National Electoral Commission, key party to the suit, had brought only three withnesses from the 36 states and the tribunal ruled that the case was abandoned. It is unclear at this moment if CPC would appeal the tribunal's judgment but officials of the party say INEC denied access to the ballot papers for biometric examination.

The Presidential Election Tribunal had earlier set today as judgement day in the petition filed by the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) challenging the election of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, as winner of the April Presidential election.

The Tribunal which completed hearing on October 20, 2011, was chaired by Justice Kumai Akaah.

The CPC had asked for the nullification of results in 20 states where it alleged electoral irregularities. The states were Lagos, Bayelsa, Kaduna, Sokoto, Nasarawa, Kwara, Adamawa, Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Enugu, Cross River, Rivers, Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, Anambra, Benue, Plateau states and the FCT.

INEC had declared Jonathan winner of the April 16, 2011 Presidential election with 22,495,187 votes, defeating the CPC's Muhammadu Buhari who polled 12, 214, 853 votes.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/elections-tribunal-delivers-verdict-today
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by EPOMA(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2011
In Nigeria there is no Justice, was not expecting any difference, make him just rule well
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by otokx(m): 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
What did you expect?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
Waste of time in one hand and justice serve on the other, meaning, Nigerians are trying to play by some democratic rules.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DaDoctor: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
all4naija:

Waste of time in one hand and justice serve on the other, meaning, Nigerians are trying to play by some democratic rules.
otokx:

What did you expect?
EPOMA:

In Nigeria there is no Justice, was not expecting any difference, make him just rule well

AS AT THE TIME OF THAT ELECTION GEJ WOULD HAVE WON 2 TIMES OF BUHARI. EVEN IF IT WAS WITH A SINGLE VOTE CAST.THAT IS THE FACT.

IF IT WERE NOW I WOULD HAVE SAID A DIFFERENT THING.

PLS GO AND DO FROG JUMP ON THE EXPRESS WAY
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by iykak47: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
Oga Buhari wants to be Aso Rock landlord through  shortcuts  ''apiam way''.   I hope by 2015 he wont be tempted to contest again unless he likes  to continue to be INEC and Federal courts  ''customer''   shocked cool shocked cool
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by daywatcher: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
do not cut off the hand that feeds you
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

AS AT THE TIME OF THAT ELECTION GEJ WOULD HAVE WON 2 TIMES OF BUHARI. EVEN IF IT WAS WITH A SINGLE VOTE CAST.THAT IS THE FACT.

IF IT WERE NOW I WOULD HAVE SAID A DIFFERENT THING.

PLS GO AND DO FROG JUMP ON THE EXPRESS WAY

Please, don't quote me again if you didn't understand my comment!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DaDoctor: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
all4naija:

Please, don't quote me again if you didn't understand my comment!
SORRY JARE. I ANGRILY DID SAME. NO VEX OH
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by campella(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
all4naija:

I totally agree with you.
All we are saying is for the next four years to run as fast as possible.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by success4(m): 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2011
GEJ is the worst thing ever to happen to Nigeria!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Fire007: 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
if another election is held today, who do you think will win?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by racino: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
I never for once expected anything different. justice is for the highest bidder in Nigeria! This is exactly why they fired Salami or else how is PDP winning all the electoral tribunal cases? I wish Jonathan the best of luck in the herculean task of turning Nigeria around.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Koolking(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
This should not be news. Whoever was expecting the whole imbroglio to turn the other way round was actually hallucinating. I am not surprise at the result but i am surprise at the surpassed rape of justices in Nigeria. Everybody looks the other way when ask for the truth. After all the judiciary has gambled its independence and integrity.

We CAN NOT continue this way. There is time for everything

A day of reckoning will soon come,
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
success4:

GEJ is the worst thing ever to happen to Nigeria!

I disagree! I think he might be one of the best things that ever happened to Nigeria. Notice how this time around, the majority are not suggesting that the elections were rigged. We actually know that the man was elected by the masses, and many are struggling with the decision THEY MADE rather than with the idea that some other group/GOD FATEHR IMPOSED this on them. It is a good thing.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by PointB: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
Fire007:

if another election is held today, who do you think will win?

With same set of candidate? GEJ will win with far bigger margin!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Koolking(m): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
@Da Doc,

You dey dia? I dey hail

The drama continues. Let's watch as it unfolds. The masses will triumph sooner or later
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by rasputinn(m): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
I will beat Buhari hands and legs down in a presidential election involving the lanky PTF fraudster called Buhari and I,not to talk of him against GEJ;gross mis-match
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
Lawd Mercy, are we still on this election mistake?

And why would the masses say anything after the chaotic burden that was blamed on Buhari? Buhari started boko haram. Buhari started the after-election chaos. Buhari stole the met in the pot. etc

CPC should rest and regain their trust for 2015. This their court issues is not helping anything, if anything, it's making them look sketchy.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by rasputinn(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
Koolking:

The drama continues. Let's watch as it unfolds. The masses will triumph sooner or later

The masses have triumphed;BUHARI HAS LOST;YET AGAIN

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by amtheone(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
They should have known that its a complete wasting of their time. PDP are the one ruling(destroying) now.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by EvilBrain1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
GEJ might have been extremely popular in in the SE and SS but Buhari was just as popular in the north. In a free and fair election, the result would have been a lot closer, certainly not the landslide Jonathan won. In fact, the PDP would have struggled to get the required votes in 2/3rd of states given how much more popular Buhari is over there meaning a run-off that they were far from certain of winning.

What made the difference was rigging in the PDP-controlled northern states. It meant that even where Buhari won, the result was close and the PDP easily got the spread they needed to avoid a second poll.

Any way you slice it, it was rigging that decided who our president would be and the ruling should have reflected that. Sadly, the election tribunals have a long and proud history of chickening out when the nation needs them the most. I didn't expect any different this time around.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by jumondx: 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by success4(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I disagree! I think he might be one of the best things that ever happened to Nigeria. Notice how this time around, the majority are not suggesting that the elections were rigged. We actually know that the man was elected by the masses, and many are struggling with the decision THEY MADE rather than with the idea that some other group/GOD FATEHR IMPOSED this on them. It is a good thing.

Good thing ke?
Inflation everywhere
Removal of subsidy
Taxing on FR from next year
Minimum wage is not yet settled
Bad Roads
SE could not even qualify under him
SF also failed under him,

I see more pains for people as this man has no clear vision for this Country  sad
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DDN: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
Those states purportedly rigged are the states that Buhari can never win election in. His party does not have structures in most of the states and he never campaigned in the South East and was expecting to reap from where he did not sow. It is not possible now.

He can sponsor his son, El Rufai in 2015 so that he can spend part of the money he stole from FCT and BPE just as Ribadu has spent his EFCC loots.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by dinah777: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
Good.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
success4:

Good thing ke?
Inflation everywhere
Removal of subsidy
Taxing on FR from next year
Minimum wage is not yet settled
Bad Roads
SE could not even qualify under him
SF also failed under him,

I see more pains for people as this man has no clear vision for this Country  sad

It is a good decision because THE PEOPLE FINALLY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED and now they only have to deal with that FACT!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by success4(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It is a good decision because THE PEOPLE FINALLY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED and now they only have to deal with that FACT!

GBAM!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Remiuc: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
Thank God!  Nigerians voted for Goodluck period.  Buhari should sit down and stop wasting his money unnecessarily.  Anyway is it not our money Oil money)?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by akwarandu(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
GEJ has distroyed d judiciary and not good will come out it and i am not surprise @all but, one thing i know is a day of recokning will  still come.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by success4(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
Remiuc:

Thank God!  Nigerians voted for Goodluck period.  Buhari should sit down and stop wasting his money unnecessarily.  Anyway is it not our money Oil money)?

Source?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Akiika: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
Has any Nigerian presidential election in Nigeria ever been upturned? when the judiciary is not independent. That election was rigged.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Tinubu, Fashola Celebrating Aregbesola’s Victory / EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants / Nairaland Rule 2 Update: My View.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.