Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (41904 Views)

Poll: The Best Musician In Nigeria Is

2face: 70% (143 votes)
Dbanj: 13% (28 votes)
Other: 15% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Your Best Musician For The Year 2012 / Without Any Doubt 2face Is The Best Musician In Africa. / Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Moses247(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2011
2face and D'banj Who is Popular, and who is d best Musician in Naija.??
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by circus: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2011
Tubaba ofcourse,infact Tubaba hods 70% of Naija music while the rest shares the remaining 30%,lolz,

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by mikuz(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2011
Really?
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
circus:

Tubaba ofcourse,infact Tubaba hods 70% of Naija music while the rest shares the remaining 30%,lolz,

I beg to differ- Tuface isn't in the top 5 presently. All this tubaba nonsense is really annoying angry. What the guy has is good producers and image-makers that make you guys think he's all-that. He's average.

The best musician presently is a toss-up between 9ice and Psquare. They both make danceable memorable music that can remain evergreen over the years.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by ElmA1(f): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
Tuface would always be around,unlike some artist that are just ''rave of the moment''.

Dbanj songs are mostly sex songs,but tuface is a complete package. I will pick Tuface anytime over dbanj.

The best musician to me is Wande coal! He has a Rich Unique Voice.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by circus: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2011
Quote from: PROUD IGBO

I beg to differ- Tuface isn't in the top 5 presently. All this tubaba nonsense is really annoying . What the guy has is good producers and image-makers that make you guys think he's all-that. He's average.

My brother that is part of being a musician now,make dbanj or art alade sef com to kennis,they can't make the kind of songs they r making.don't you seee ow 50cent is suffering without Dr Dre's touch on his shit.Tubaba all the way bro,we all gt our own opinions

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by efisher(m): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
Me thinks its P square but if we are talking of singles, i give it to 2 face
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by amblors(m): 2:02am On Nov 03, 2011
2face has very good content in his songs,
he's got a good voice, dope production.
if you call him average, everyone in the music industry is below average,

when we say best musician we're not talking about people that make the most hit tracks,

2face is a better artist than PSquare n 9ice.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by oddy4real(m): 4:40am On Nov 03, 2011
9ice
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by ochizo(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2011
Tuface has been dere and he'll always be there,

Tuface is da best compare to any of themmm

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by strongguy(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2011
music is about entertainment and i think d banj has it for entertainment
Dbanj has it.Never a dull moment in his tracks.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by omo9ja1(m): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2011
both of them have make Nigeria music industry proud, but looking at the points on ground I will say 2baba, this dude just dey sing he no have any time for trouble he mingles with fellow artist and sing a good song. apart for his abuna wey no dey sleep lol

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 03, 2011
Come one lets learn d truth. 2face beats them all together. It should 2face n p.square. Not d.banj

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Barrywhite8620: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2011
2-baba joooor cool
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Parisgoodman(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2011
when we talk abt music, its nt just making some dancing hit track. can d banj,psquare or 9ice freestyle? look @ d lyrics of outside, flex n even chemical reaction. d truth is psquare music gets boring too quickly coz they lack originality but u can stil play 2face's 1st album n enjoy it. d banj cant compose song witout baba j(don jazzy). psquare lack words n fine lyrics n as 4 9ice, he's nt even among top 20 on my rating.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Maximip(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2011
I'll give it to P-Square
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Wislet(f): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2011
'Best' based on what? Or you mean Best YOUNG musician? Cos we have a whole lot better older musicians than those. Secondly, Asa in my opinion sings much better music than those two. Dare Art Alade, MI and some others too are good. So, if this rating is for the overall best in the whole of Nigeria, it is incorrect. There is a difference between Music and Noise.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2011
The term "Best" is relative and it differs from one individual to the other. It's a matter of choice. I think you should be asking who the biggest artist is and not the best.

Btw, replace D'banj with P-square.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by KacHemNaU(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2011
Honestly i cant say which of em is better cos they both av made their marks in the music industry
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Barrywhite8620: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2011
omo9ja1:

both of them have make Nigeria music industry proud, but looking at the points on ground I will say 2baba, this dude just dey sing he no have any time for trouble he mingles with fellow artist and sing a good song. [b]apart for his abuna wey no dey sleep[b/] lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by seedord247(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2011
Even Dbanj Self talk am say 2baba is more than the best in Naija

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by dazangel11(f): 10:13am On Nov 03, 2011
2baba

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by donpeluchi(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2011
Tubaba all the way!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by gendebs(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2011
@parisgoodman i tot i was d only 1 dat felt 4 tuface's OUTSIDE. I thnk God som1 is sharin my view on d track. Also EMOTION melt my heart. Dbanj na boy near 2baba. @op how can u compare d MD of a company 2 a mere I.T student. 2face is d best thng happenin 2 naija music industry since 1998
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by ChuckD2(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2011
strongguy:

music is about entertainment and i think d banj has it for entertainment
Dbanj has it.Never a dull moment in his tracks.
sorry, reconsider that statement. music is not all about entertainment.

@OP: your question is direct and it's between tuface and d'banj- tuface beats d'banj by a landslide anyday. tuface makes complete music therefore you have a song for every mood and situation. consider for a second all the collabs he's done with most artists, in fact , you are yet to arrive as a nigerian artist if you haven't done a track with him - that' to show you who he really is. there's always a message in almost all his songs the few exceptions being those like: "enter the place -ft sound sultan" his songs also inspires. take some time to listen to "eye go sharpen" if na the title be that. just that first then many others. i beg leave matter.
now if you talk about nigerian artists as a whole, ha! at par with tuface will be asa, dare and mi- these guys are on top. if it's entertainment you want, wande, ice prince, p square and wizkid are all better than d'banj o.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by ChuckD2(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2011
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by covinsworl: 10:36am On Nov 03, 2011
tuface , he is the best in africa as a whole

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by maki(f): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2011
tubaba please, but u knw u cant compare na, wetin dey do ona sef?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by moshoodn(m): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2011
Tubaba noni.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Dozzy3(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2011
After 2baba na Terry ginger follow.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by tomiwa20(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2011
the fact is  2 face and D'bang sings different kind of songs,2 face sings purely r'n'b and D'bang afro hip hop somthings,there should b different there.first consider dere type of music b4 judgin dem.i still give kudos to D'bang for changing d face of afro hip hop
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by efeboy(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2011
Meehhn!!! You don't need to ask. I had some doubts sometimes back, until I discovered one is a very good musician and the other -  a personification of

sounds and melody himself

Tu Face all the way. Listen to Rain Drops (Tu face's song) again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Songs Make You Cry?! / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3 / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.