Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? (8035 Views)

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job / BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Godmother(f): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2011
My girlfriend has come to hate her job and is thinking of quitting. As a friend I advised her to stay until she gets a better one considering the state of the job economy. But she insists I'm not a true friend, if not, I would't be advising her to hold unto a job she hates. See me see tory o
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Claus(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
Well, you gave her the advice that you thought was best (and I agree). Ultimately a lot of people only learn from experience, so going through the experience of not having a job may be the best teacher for your friend.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by razznaija(f): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
85% of workers hate their job or careers, i think its normal for her to hate her job.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Damysa(f): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
Am also very bored with my job right now but will never let go till i get a better one. Am bored coz my job is not longer challenging enough. @poster, wot does she intend 2 b doing when she resigns, ask her. Staying idle is d worst thing that could ever happen to any body.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by ronkebp(f): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ Poster just tell her to leave the job, since that is what will make her happy. undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by seunlayi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
he should hold it till he get another or else . . .
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by allison23: 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
I would say, if the job is too much for you and the salary is not enough, then leave it. Your just wasting your time and effort. Go find good job that will suit to you.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Digriz(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2011
Why did she hates the job?is it because of poor salary,bad working environment,bad employer or stress of the job?
These are what you hv to ask her first b4 the next step.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Heck: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
Tell her to quit, but never to come borrowing. Fools will ALWAYS be fools.
Even if she gets another job, she will still hate it. Do I like mine, but man must wack.  suffering & smiling is the way to go in an environment of nil social security
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by martinosi: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job?

That would be 95% of all the people presently working lol
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
A lot of people are unemployed in Nigeria, they suffer and sacrifice a lot to get a job. You see a person with a Second Class upper still looking for a job, still trying to hold body and soul together. Does she want to join them? She should be grateful for what she has now.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by begwong: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
She's right,u dont love her hence yr insisting on her maintaining status quo. Maybe, next time if she tell u she's preg for her boss u will give competent advice! tongue
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by kayalla(f): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
By the time she stays without a job for six months, or get harassed looking for job, or look for job till her shoes chop finish, she will appreciate the one she has.
80% of pple working hate something and maybe 90 hate their job but with no alternative they stiLl hold onto it.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by benjichuks(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
make she go hug transformer na!!! Shiooo, she don tire 4 her job wen pple still dey find job n den neva c![i][/i][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by AfroBlue(m): 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2011
tell her to find another job and give the present one the proper notice in order to find and train a replacement ,  DON'T BURN BRIDGES!

or tell her to save up enough capital and start her own enterprise.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
Thank God you HAVE one nyukka angry
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by boneruns(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
OP,

Please tell your babe that we should exchange. I'm currently jobless with my 2.1 kpali in Physics.

Maybe when she attends an aptitude test with over 10,000 candidates jostling for 10 slots, she'll appreciate what she truly has at hand.

Please don't forget to refer me to her job oh! I dey wait.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by AjanleKoko: 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
boneruns:

OP,

Please tell your babe that we should exchange. I'm currently jobless with my 2.1 kpali in Physics.

Maybe when she attends an aptitude test with over 10,000 candidates jostling for 10 slots, she'll appreciate what she truly has at hand.

Please don't forget to refer me to her job oh! I dey wait.

Correct reply.
A job is meant to pay the bills, not make you happy. You make yourself happy.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by HISchild: 1:44am On Nov 03, 2011
One should be thankful one has a job, especially considering the state of unemployment. "But godliness with contentment is great gain." - 1 Tim 6:6
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 03, 2011
Godmother:

My girlfriend has come to hate her job and is thinking of quitting. As a friend I advised her to stay until she gets a better one considering the state of the job economy. But she insists I'm not a true friend, if not, I would't be advising her to hold unto a job she hates. See me see tory o
kayalla:

By the time she stays without a job for six months, or get harassed looking for job, or look for job till her shoes chop finish, she will appreciate the one she has.
80% of pple working hate something and maybe 90 hate their job but with no alternative they stiLl hold onto it.
ItsModella:

A lot of people are unemployed in Nigeria, they suffer and sacrifice a lot to get a job. You see a person with a Second Class upper still looking for a job, still trying to hold body and soul together. Does she want to join them? She should be grateful for what she has now.
These and other similar thoughts are certainly devoid of any sense. Job satisfaction is one of the most important ways of killing stress, managing through life and deriving personal happiness. You all evidently are willing to slug through boring/personally unproductive episodes daily simply because "there are limited jobs out there": a clearly inadequate reason, best used as a means of encouraging mental laziness. If your friend derives no joy from that job, it's best she quits. Each day through that job might as well be reducing her lifespan, adding to her stress level and preparing her for a bleak future. Less satisfaction from boring jobs usually provide enormous drive to start something new and the earlier you make your friend realize, the better for her!
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by scribble: 3:52am On Nov 03, 2011
subscribing
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by Xtfield(m): 7:41am On Nov 03, 2011
@ poster,
I think she's right you do not like her. To hate a job is not the same as being bored with the job. The best advice is for her to quit the job. It is not compulsory she should have a job. She can start something small on her own and this will give her more satisfaction. So if there is anything she can do without working for someone else, better if she quits her present job. Sometimes our jobs enslave us and prevent us from being the best that we ought to be. The only mistake she is making now probably is seeking advice on a strictly personal issue. I bet 99 out of 100 Nigerians will advise her to stick to the job she hates simply because it is difficult to get another job. But as I said earlier, who says she must go into another job?
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by badmrkt(m): 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2011
they say you never really know what you got till you miss it.
if she's not comfortable with her job mek she go mop river 9ja by the time sh's done she'll be very much comfortable.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by sharpman1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

A job is meant to pay the bills, not make you happy. You make yourself happy.

Ajanlekoko. . . . . . . . for this. . . . . . . I hail you.

Best reply ever! ! !
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by kpolli(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2011
It depends on y she hates the job. . . she myt be molested, abused, bullied there
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by hbabe(f): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
Perhaps you should find out what she hates about her job and advise her on how to handle the issues. Reminding her about paying her bills should also help bring her back to reality.
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by DeepSoul(f): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2011

I am the most bored employed person on earth. Quitting isn't even an option. Changing jobs, maybe. After I don submit like one million CVs, find work for ONE complete year, I go come quit on the basis of boredom. Mschw.

Ur frnd never start
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by step2cash(m): 5:14am On Nov 04, 2011
OKAY with the current job you are doing?
Re: How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? by emmke(m): 6:35am On Nov 04, 2011
i hate my job, the people i work with and the city i live in. That city is lagos

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Promote 243 Senior Officers / 8 Months After My Resignation, My Former Employer Is Still Owing Me / I Am Vexed; How Can Engineers And Lawyers Rub Shoulders With Doctors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.