Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? (11230 Views)

30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register / Hourly Wage Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Preferable And Why? / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
How much monthly income/salary can guarantee one the "big boy/girl" lifestyle in this our Nigeria?
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Bisjosh(f): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2011
500k and above undecided
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by tuniski: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2011
A regular salary earner is never a big boy/girl. Checkout d bank employees who basically live in self deceit calling themselve big this n that but will heckle @ pples bank balances. After retirement or lost of employment d so called 'Big' becomes so small dat they hide from social events.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by awesomet1(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2011
Bisjosh:

500k and above undecided
Thereabout
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Sdot1(m): 11:37am On Nov 05, 2011
@tuniski, man you said it all. I concur to all you said. A monthly earner is never big, no matter the income!
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 11:41am On Nov 05, 2011
Salary earner,big boys/girls,no no&never.Although,u may b comfortable wit fat salary but cant spend lik real big boys/girls who do der own business/ar in entertamnt industry.@op,emoluments ar fixed&cant b spent without target or purpose,dnt b extravagant wit ur salary o.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by deco2come: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2011
I think it has to do with the geographical location of the person. For instance, someone living in Anambra that earns about 50K a month can still be living large since most of the house rents are between 10k-15k i.e 3bedrooms, 1parlour,kitchen and toilet(nice apartment). Compare that to someone living in Lagos or Abuja, with that kind of payment, you might still be managing.

So the best answer to the question is there is no answer to the question

1 Like

Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by inereunwa1(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2011
250000 naira for a start, anyway i dey make money online well well that should be enough for me oh!
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Heck: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2011
50k for self, pads, boxers, recharge cards
50k for randy outings
100k for kids care
100k for rentals, Phcn, Dstv inclusive
100k for orgaized funs & home meals
30k for small small environ gifts
40k for petrol & car care
30k for driver's/babe's official pay
100k SAVINGS
A big boy goes with a clout & aura.
He neither fights in pub nor for N10 change
A minimum of N600k qualifies, even then you will still support with big grammar at check points
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by stagger: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2011
I don't understand all this talk about big boy/big girl!

Must we compete with anybody? I prefer to earn N150k, have my peace and quiet existence than to be a billionaire, and my name will always be in the news for one court case or another, or associated with one filthy politician or one dirty oil deal or the other.

That is how my family grew up and I enjoyed it then, and I surely will like to enjoy it now.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by HISchild: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
"Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity." - Ecc 12:8. "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matt 16:26. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." - Matt 6:19-21, (also, John 6:27)
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by tuniski: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
@Hischild d biggest vanity is religion. What will it profit a man to , and lose his soul dats wat they say but we are living witnesses to how the congregations grew leaner while d pastors grow fatter on poor brainwashed followers. By d way living well is not vanity!
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by HISchild: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
@tuniski, - friend, i hear you and truly the new testament churches are at their end,  "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" - 1 Pet 4:17 

thus, i do not subscribe to any pastor, church or any man, only GOD and HIS infallible word (Heb 4:12).  Having honest material wealth is a blessing, my point basically is that one ought not set one's mind / heart on them. Therein lies the folly, because we came forth unclad and we cannot carry anything away. 
----
"And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:  And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." - Luk 12:16-21

"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." - 1 Tim 6:9-10
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by ArQuAbOy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
stagger:

I don't understand all this talk about big boy/big girl!

Must we compete with anybody? I prefer to earn N150k, have my peace and quiet existence than to be a billionaire, and my name will always be in the news for one court case or another, or associated with one filthy politician or one dirty oil deal or the other.

That is how my family grew up and I enjoyed it then, and I surely will like to enjoy it now.
right wit you on dis one
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by itoldu: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2011
why are you all cracking your heads? big guy/girl is a thing of the mind. At least there are people earning same as you yet they look so poor when they stand next to you.they think you have got some external cash coming in. they might even have more than you do in the bank.you sayit as though it were and it registers in the mind. from there, you are either big or broke. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by fimilejor(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2011
ArQuAbOy:

right wit you on dis one
ℓ̊ agree wt Ʊ wella. ℓ̊ av a̶̲̥̅ guy a̶̲̥̅† M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ place of work, he earns soo mch yet looks crappy, while Ɯξ oda colleagues are "big boiz", ℓ:Dℓ. Į̸̸̨ƭ 's rly a̶̲̥̅ state of the mind. Ʊ can be a̶̲̥̅ big boi/ girl for Ūя̲̅ own small level, try to help odaz as much as Ʊ caan.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2011
See these hungry Africans looking for Big Boy and Girl status.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by Babosa: 1:49am On Nov 07, 2011
Who exactly is a big boy, Certainly not the guys riding around in cars bought on credit and houses on mortgage. Dem plenty I tell you dont be deceived by all this big boy BS. If you can afford to live in a modest flat in a decent neighbourhood, drive a simple airconditioned car, put your kids in an average private school, have a job or business and earn an income. You are a middle class Nigerian with potential to go higher and thats enough.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by MyneWhite1(f): 1:41am On Nov 08, 2011
When you have wealth, maybe from your parents, you can call yourself a big boy. Otherwise, save and invest your 500k - 1million a month and live moderately.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by drfomsky(f): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
What is your definition of a big girl or boy? I think that if you have a personal sense of style, you can be a big boy or girl at any income level. After all, some people have money but I don't consider them big boys or girls because they have to style! Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by iice(f): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
Yeah money chasing syndrome.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by bukahands(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2012
$200,000 equals N32Million annually makes you a big boy anywhere in the world including America, so U need about 2.5million per month CERTIFIED BIG BOY

2 Likes

Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by bigx(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2012
Nigerians and show-off *smh*
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 11:46am On May 29, 2012
grin
AjanleKoko: See these hungry Africans looking for Big Boy and Girl status.

LMAOOOOOOOO
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
$4000 per month will do.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by tanimola22: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
nitrogen: $4000 per month will do.

Hahaha 4K/month. You think so? That is almost what new international graduates earn at standard chartered naija, and many of them cannot claim to be big boys/girls. They are just okay.

By the way, what are the axioms that constitute a big boy/girl? We need to start from here.

T22
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
tanimola22:

Hahaha 4K/month. You think so? That is almost what new international graduates earn at standard chartered naija, and many of them cannot claim to be big boys/girls. They are just okay.

By the way, what are the axioms that constitute a big boy/girl? We need to start from here.

T22

Bros, 4k dols is about 600k o, no be small money o, it should be okay for a young and fresh boy that has little or no responsibility nw

Btw, i think when you dont spend all but half of your salary per month, and you are okay,mind you, the basics are there like a mansion, an expensive car, and good wears, you are a big boy.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by tanimola22: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
nitrogen:

Bros, 4k dols is about 600k o, no be small money o, it should be okay for a young and fresh boy that has little or no responsibility nw

Btw, i think when you dont spend all but half of your salary per month, and you are okay,mind you, the basics are there like a mansion, an expensive car, and good wears, you are a big boy.

This is not a lie, but you will be shocked to hear the tales of some of these people.

By the way, try to apply for standard chartered bank's international graduate program next year. International graduate does not mean someone with a foreign degree; it means someone that will be trained to work at any of the bank's branches in Asia, Europe, Middle East.

The pay is around 4k dollars/month. This is not bad.

T22.

1 Like

Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
tanimola22:

This is not a lie, but you will be shocked to hear the tales of some of these people.

By the way, try to apply for standard chartered bank's international graduate program next year. International graduate does not mean someone with a foreign degree; it means someone that will be trained to work at any of the bank's branches in Asia, Europe, Middle East.

The pay is around 4k dollars/month. This is not bad.

T22.
Tales because they live extravagant and credit life, no saving but large spending habits.

Btw, thanks for the standard chartered info.
Re: How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? by bigx(m): 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
nitrogen:
Tales because they live extravagant and credit life, no saving but large spending habits.

Btw, thanks for the standard chartered info.

"Big Boy" from my understanding (maybe limited) means the bolded above...

From a salary of 600k, Lets say the person love clubbing every Friday night = 4 Fridays a month, the least you can spend in a night clubbing would be 100k. Times 4 weeks, this is 400k, leaving 200k for the other "Big Boy Things" like rent on the Island,Fuelling and maintaining two or more vehicles, Brazilian (& other expatriate) Hair for d babes, Allowances, etc etc...

Summary; $4k isn't a "Big Boy Salary"

I dont even think a salary should be used to try to impress others, it only lasts for maybe 35 years of service or till ur 65 so it should be invested wisely for when it would no longer be available.
The truth is, nobody cares... Be real to yourself.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? / Paystack Candidates Let's Meet Here / Self Employment Or O & G Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.