Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? (3556 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian Internet Discussion Forum / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) / Be The Next Internet Millionaire In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2007
Who is the first Nigerian Internet millionaire in USD?
Please, not in naira.

I mean made from the Internet like Google, YouTube, Facebook, Rotten Tomatoes, Topix, etc.

Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by smartsoft(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2007
Humm I remember,  it was Femi Abodorin of Netdom Networks,  whoes office is at Ikeja. but he has run dry now,  owing alotta people money
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by niceuzor: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2007
Orikinla - I guess Smartsoft is Right?
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by niyyie(m): 6:31am On Sep 19, 2007
This is what Wikipedia has to say about Femi Abodunrin:

Femi Abodunrin is a speaker, motivator and internet "hopeful" based in Lagos, Nigeria. His company had some problems with investors in his native Nigeria through the Netdom network and the use of the Internet.

Born in Offa, Kwara State, Nigeria in 1974, he had his primary education at Hordle House School, Hampshire, England.

His secondary education was at Mayflower School, Ogun State, Nigeria under Dr Tai Solarin where became the Senior Prefect Boy.

He obtained a degree in Estate Management from the Federal University of Technology, Akure where he became Students Union President.

It was at the Federal University of Technology, Akure that he started Netdom Network, his first company. He now renders online based services to people in Nigeria, Benin Republic, Malawi, Ghana and other African countries.

No mention is made of his millions. Can you point us to a clue as to the fact that he ever made a million online?
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by sigar(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2007
This is the first time am hearing that name i don't even know the man so there are nice nigerians in this country ,
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by smartsoft(m): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2007
niyye i will tackle you there, this is the person i know well, all information might not be posted online but the guy ran into millions, later he got himself into trouble, any internet business guy way back then should know him 4real because he was the first person. www.netdomng.net

His major business way back then was ,

Credit Card Ordering /Debit Card
Payment Solution
Make Payment online
Domain registration
Web hosting
Website design
Make money online
he runs a big seminar on website design and online payment, creditcard

Alotta people payed him big money to start their own company, payed money to order cards for them, have been to his seminar longtime ago, there i met one of his website designer which happend to be my friend uptill date

So the guy don hammer and later rundown

1 Like

Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2007
I still never heard of him

KoboJunkie
wink
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by niyyie(m): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2007
Do not get me wrong "smartsoft".

I have not said I don't believe he had "hammered" before. My point is, I need evidence to point to the fact that he had ever been rich from working online and I said no mention was made of his previous wealth, in that Wikipedia entry.

No harm in asking - is there?

Also, I never knew about this guy.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by swifts: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
I know him too, have been at his seminars about twice.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by smile4kenn(m): 4:46am On Sep 27, 2007
google
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by rufaai(m): 1:07am On Sep 28, 2007
WOW! - I never know him  shocked,
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by qmaasim(m): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2007
AIMTECHNG.COM guys could b next

those guys i moving fast men
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Phiry(m): 9:36am On Oct 05, 2007
smile4kenn:

google

Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by smartsoft(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
ta ! who told you, remember sunny was working with a newspaper company before he started making waves, femi might not be no more in that line again , but then Femi was ontop by then when it comes to ppl who make millions from the internet
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Mindspring: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2007
I don't know who the first internet entrepreneur is in Nigeria, but perhaps the question should be "Are there Nigerians online who are making millions (in USD) not Naira?", and the answer is an unequivocal YES. Here is proof of a company owned by a Nigerian (30 something year-old Nigerian) and I know their family well: Read it for yourself:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/entrepreneur/2006/september/165976.html
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Orikinla(m): 12:39am On Oct 12, 2007
Mindspring:

I don't know who the first internet entrepreneur is in Nigeria, but perhaps the question should be "Are there Nigerians online who are making millions (in USD) not Naira?", and the answer is an unequivocal YES. Here is proof of a company owned by a Nigerian (30 something year-old Nigerian) and I know their family well: Read it for yourself:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/entrepreneur/2006/september/165976.html

Thank you for the link.

The other Nigerians mentioned by the previous posters are not Internet millionaires in USD
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by nigboy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2010
I have made my first million (in Naira) on the internet.  I am an INTERNET BUSINESS MILLIONAIRE although not in dollars
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by 9jawear(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2010
i think it;s one dude that owns goldennairaexchange, he sells liberty reserve and also this digital currency.
he has hit the one million dollar mark.

running a online digital currency exchange is really a profitable business in nigeria.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by methodman(m): 5:06am On Dec 06, 2012
niyyie: Do not get me wrong "smartsoft".

I have not said I don't believe he had "hammered" before. My point is, I need evidence to point to the fact that he had ever been rich from working online and I said no mention was made of his previous wealth, in that Wikipedia entry.

No harm in asking - is there?

Also, I never knew about this guy.
...funny though i was part of his followers back then. he is a very genuine and reliable man. Only God knows where he is at the moment.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by 222Martins(m): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2012
I run both an online business and an offline business. I must tell you that trying to figure out an internet millionaire in Nigeria from the outside can be difficult. What's is your basis of your judgement? Are you asking based on revenue, profit, total value of your internet assets or company? Do you know that if i raise $5million from investors, i'm technically a millionaire based on company valuation even if my company is yet to turn in a profit. An internet dollar millionaire should be someone who earns at least $100,000 per month in personal income. Or your internet company should be making a profit of at least $25,000 profit per month consistently and you must own at least 70% of the company.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by akintun: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2012
. I run both an online business and an offline business. I must tell you that trying to figure out an internet millionaire in Nigeria from the outside can be difficult. What's is your basis of your judgement? Are you asking based on revenue, profit, total value of your internet assets or company? Do you know that if i raise $5million from investors, i'm technically a millionaire based on company valuation even if my company is yet to turn in a profit. An internet dollar millionaire should be someone who earns at least $100,000 per month in personal income. Or your internet company should be making a profit of at least $25,000 profit per month consistently and you must own at least 70% of the company.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Valuing a business is not as simple as u put it. U have actually wrongly explained 2 methods of valuing a business. No one whose monthly profit is 25,000 dollars can be called a millionaire, even if he owns 100% of d company. Valuing dat type of business involves discounting d future profit by d cost of capital. An individual can actually be a millionaire if investors invest 5 million dollars in his business. If investors invest 5 million 4 a 60% stake, then d person automatically is a millionaire.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by 222Martins(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
akintun:
Valuing a business is not as simple as u put it. U have actually wrongly explained 2 methods of valuing a business. No one whose monthly profit is 25,000 dollars can be called a millionaire, even if he owns 100% of d company. Valuing dat type of business involves discounting d future profit by d cost of capital. An individual can actually be a millionaire if investors invest 5 million dollars in his business. If investors invest 5 million 4 a 60% stake, then d person automatically is a millionaire.
Do you really know what you are saying? Do you know how much sales or revenue you need to generate to achieve a profit of $25,000 monthly after all expenses have been deducted? If you are in business, you will surely understand these figures. Do your maths bro.
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Emmandus(m): 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
I need highly motivated male and female friends who are ready to make lots of money legally online and offline by working from home or during their spare time.

If that sounds like you ! Pls ring me on 07033875827

or whatsapp on 07033875827

Emmanuel
Re: Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire? by Orikinla(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2016
smartsoft:
niyye i will tackle you there, this is the person i know well, all information might not be posted online but the guy ran into millions, later he got himself into trouble, any internet business guy way back then should know him 4real because he was the first person. www.netdomng.net

His major business way back then was ,

Credit Card Ordering /Debit Card
Payment Solution
Make Payment online
Domain registration
Web hosting
Website design
Make money online
he runs a big seminar on website design and online payment, creditcard

Alotta people payed him big money to start their own company, payed money to order cards for them, have been to his seminar longtime ago, there i met one of his website designer which happend to be my friend uptill date

So the guy don hammer and later rundown

(1) (Reply)

Best 10 Apps To Download Free Music For Your Android Phone / NIMC: How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready From Your Phone / Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.