Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation (673 Views)

Emeka Ike To Pastor Chris Okotie: You Are An Anti-christ / Photos:lady Gaga Turns Heads As She Walks Butt Naked / Tiwa Savage Shares Her Childhood Bullying Experience In Honor Of Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation by baskemms: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
Lady Gaga has always made it her mission to empower her little monsters. On Wednesday (November 2), Mother Monster announced she's launching the Born This Way Foundation, which aims to further inspire young people.

The pop superstar is even getting some help from her very own Mother Monster, Cynthia Germanotta. "My mother and I have initiated a passion project. We call it the Born This Way Foundation," Gaga said in a statement about the foundation, which takes its name from her hit single and album. "Together we hope to establish a standard of Bravery and Kindness, as well as a community worldwide that protects and nurtures others in the face of bullying and abandonment."

The foundation will work with a number of partners, including the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the California Endowment and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University. According to the statement, the foundation will focus on "youth empowerment and equality by addressing issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development and will utilize digital mobilization as one of the means to create positive change."

Gaga has been a leader in shedding a light on the issue of bullying. She met with President Obama at a fundraiser in September to talk about the bullying epidemic, after she was touched in particular by the suicide of bullied 14-year-old Jamey Rodemeyer.

"The past days I've spent reflecting, crying, and yelling," she tweeted when news of the teen's death broke in September. "I have so much anger. It is hard to feel love when cruelty takes someone's life." She went on to post Rodemeyer's "It Gets Better" video, urging that bullying "must become illegal. It is a hate crime."
Re: Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation by baskemms: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2011
nice one from the weird one lolz
Re: Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation by BootyOnMe: 12:45am On Nov 05, 2011
Good for her.
Too many people out there with low self-esteem that need help.
I wish I could give them some of my strenghts to be able to vanquish their 'h-enemies'.
On or off the cyber airways. cheesy

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrantus Nonsensicus!

They are not bullies, they are inconsequential 'COWARDS' with extremely unhappy lives. kiss
Too bad the victims all seem to be 'societal rejects', unloved/abandoned by their mommas and poppas.

Goooood job Lady 'G'!  kiss
Re: Lady Gaga Launch An Anti-bullying Foundation - Born This Way Foundation by baskemms: 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Good for her.
Too many people out there with low self-esteems that need help.
I wish I could give them some of my strenghts to be able to vanquish their 'h-enemies'.
On or off the cyber airways. cheesy

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrantus Nonsensicus!

They are not bullies, are inconsequential 'COWARDS' with extremely unhappy lives. kiss
Too bad the victims all seem to be 'societal rejects', unloved/abandoned by their mommas and poppas.

Goooood job Lady 'G'!
kiss

thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

The Jackson Family React To Conrad Murray's Verdict: Was Justice Served? / Nollywood's Jim Iyke In Fresh Trouble / Dstv Incredible Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.